Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I'm blanking, how did that happen?
    Blizzard basically accidentally posted the 9.1 announcement recap blog on their site a few days before the Blizzconline back in February IIRC

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Blizzard basically accidentally posted the 9.1 announcement recap blog on their site a few days before the Blizzconline back in February IIRC
    Yeah, it insta killed already small Blizzcon. Literally only news for me was Rogue class from DIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Wow I somehow managed to miss that.

I am hoping that with the cancellation of Blizzcon + delays of OW and D4, we can get a Blizzcon-intended announcement this year instead of February. They didn't exactly say when those announcements would be happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I am hoping that with the cancellation of Blizzcon + delays of OW and D4, we can get a Blizzcon-intended announcement this year instead of February. They didn't exactly say when those announcements would be happening.
    I'd be surprised if we did. We are already in November & haven't even had a 9.2 announcement yet. Given how most companies tend to go into low productivity mode during the last half of December, that would only give them just over a month or so to hype & announce whatever new announcement they'd have on that level. Given that Blizzard teams also were looking at early 2022 being their time frame for a Blizzconline, it's doubtful any of them would have a Blizzcon level announcement ready that early.

I'd guess 9.2 announcement mid-month, PTR early-mid December, 9.2 release around early Feb, with an expansion announcement maybe late Feb or early March.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Oh yeah, good old "I'm center of the universe" viewpoint.
    dear god....the mission table was universally mocked. they tried to turn an mmo into a phone app. it still exists because they suck at listening to feedback. they need to rip it out yesterday. the thing is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Eh its been neutered so hard at this point you can ignore it utterly.
    uh-uh. it they want to listen to feedback so badly, rip it out of the game. i mean it SCREAMS fuck you to the players to keep it in.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I really like the mission table. A lot free goodies from it this time around. I disliked the BfA version of it; but I think that was because they took away the raid item box from it that Legion had previously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    dear god....the mission table was universally mocked. they tried to turn an mmo into a phone app. it still exists because they suck at listening to feedback. they need to rip it out yesterday. the thing is a joke.
    It's completely irrelevant and can be fully ignored.
    If you don't like it just don't use it.

Formerly known as Arafal

- - - Updated - - -

uh-uh. it they want to listen to feedback so badly, rip it out of the game. i mean it SCREAMS fuck you to the players to keep it in.
    Man calm down, heck this thing did not killed your family or burned your house.

Also speak for yourself I like this little thing which doesnt even take much time of the day to check in and gain some small goodies. It is not suprising, but I would have liked it if you could do your mission stuff independent of your covenant, so there would be some sense, levelling it up for every covenant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I doubt it.
    It's more likely we get the announcements in their intended time frame just without a big event to go along with them.

They probably want to spread out the announcements anyway, it'd be weird to get a truckload of news dropped on us out of nowhere.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    So much rage for something that is so small in gameplay.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I'd be surprised if we did. We are already in November & haven't even had a 9.2 announcement yet. Given how most companies tend to go into low productivity mode during the last half of December, that would only give them just over a month or so to hype & announce whatever new announcement they'd have on that level. Given that Blizzard teams also were looking at early 2022 being their time frame for a Blizzconline, it's doubtful any of them would have a Blizzcon level announcement ready that early.

I'd guess 9.2 announcement mid-month, PTR early-mid December, 9.2 release around early Feb, with an expansion announcement maybe late Feb or early March.
    PTR in December and live launch in February is impossible though. You need at least 12 weeks for PTR testing, which already brings us to early / mid March. It lined up so good with Blizzconline, yet here we are.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-11-04 at 05:19 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    PTR in December and live launch in February is impossible though. You need at least 12 weeks for PTR testing, which already brings us to early / mid March. It lined up so good with Blizzconline, yet here we are.
    That might be more realistic, especially with the Sylvanas book delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I am pretty sure the PTRs usually only last 8-10 weeks at most.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    PTRs for huge content patches (that contained raid testing) in the near past (4 years) always lasted for ~ 10-12 weeks, I went back and counted the durations and this is at least true for Legion and BfA (and Shadowlands). If we factor in the holidays, we’re looking at rather 13 for 9.2. 8.3 spent 13 weeks on the PTR (it was there over Christmas and New Year).

In Legion due to better pacing it was a bit different though, e.g. 4 weeks testing for 7.1 and an additional 7 weeks for 7.1.5. 7.2 spent 2 months on the PTR and 7.2.5 an additional 2 months. That’s why I said average.

I don’t think that the next raid will come in 9.2.5, so I assumed it to be more similar to BfA.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-11-04 at 06:07 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Its only 12 weeks if its over a holiday. Which a proposed December ptr would be. But we just had a minor patch, usually that's when they're *not* in a hurry to release anything. (Even if they should be.)

I'm expecting 6.2 PTR in January. 6.2 release in March. 10.0 Alpha in April. Honestly they've been more & more secretive with development over the years & honestly they should stop that. It's not improving the experience for the people who pay close attention to that, especially not the WoW content creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    They would have to come up with a pretty good story contrivance to get them onto Azeroth,
    We helped their covenants and saved the Shadowlands. We gained reputation with them and formed a close bond. We are all part of the cosmic conflict. I don't see a reason why not.

and also the main reason people jumped on them because when they added the covenant system, they used the Allied Race preview UI, which made everyone jump to conclusions.
    No, it's because they meet all the criteria.

And they add tons of "player races" with fully functional rigging that don't actually become player race options.
    Like who?

I mean, especially since Hero Classes effectively no longer exist,
    What? how did you reach that conclusion?

there's no reason there couldn't be a Dark Ranger class AND Undead elf allied race.
    There's currently nothing special about the undead elves, model-wise.

Especially when it would include both Dark Rangers and San'lyn: The Blood Princes had special physiology, but the regular San'lyn were physically identical to dark rangers.
    There's no reason to add San'layn when we have Venthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Pretty sure theres rules against letting the dead back into the world of the living. That pretty much defies the existence of a "veil," the natural order, in the first place. Especially when Denathrius had to conduct a whole fake crisis to "exile" the Dreadlords there, and now they rest of the covenants know doing so has put both realms in jeopardy.

But say, if someone used the sepulcher to reorder the shadowlands & all its denizens got exiled to the mortal plane, that would be a more natural segway to getting them as allied races.
    We've got an undead race in the Horde. I don't see why other dead ones would pose a problem. It's a fantasy game, not real life.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    That might be more realistic, especially with the Sylvanas book delay.
    People still assuming the Sylvanas Book needed to be delayed because of game production, as if the Arthas book had any real revelations, and not because there's a huge printing strike going on right now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    We've got an undead race in the Horde. I don't see why other dead ones would pose a problem. It's a fantasy game, not real life.
    "Hey, Anduin care to play catch with your dear, ol' dad?"
    "No dad. I'm a Death Knight now. I'm all brooding & sad & my own character with a rich, unique form of undeath, different from your kind of undeath"
    Last edited by Ersula; 2021-11-04 at 07:08 PM.

Or that there's enough people, such as myself, who do still kinda like it.

It really doesn't factor into much at this point to warrant hatred. You don't even have to use it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    this leak looks legitimate, at least better awakening

http://i.imgur.com/XCHUYUi.jpg
    I knew it as soon as I saw imgur.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)