Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I don't even mind the tl;dr, but the idea that someone would claim that anything doesn't fail in any regard is a bit silly.
    Especially when it's not even one piece of music, but the ENTIRE OST of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Lidenbok View Post
    I'd understand this argument if we were talking about them launching side by side, but I fail to see the relevancy considering one is content launch and the other is just a reveal of whats to come in probably 4-5 months time.
    Once news and datamining about the next patch hits the news cycle, it would inadvertedly drown out what measly info Blizzard could push out about "WoW Classic Classic: Classic Rehashed". So they do have a certain interest to not overlap it too much, especially since the reception so far has been rather luke-warm.

Edit: In regards to the music discussion, the fable of the frog in the well comes to mind.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-11-10 at 03:25 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

couple of people on 4chan saying the announcement is later today. Lets see

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    couple of people on 4chan saying the announcement is later today. Lets see
    Well, why aren’t they leaking then anything if they know?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I will never understand how people think this kind of crap is good.
    Me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Why are we talking about FFXIV’s osts compared to WoW’s? They’re very different. One has a more Anime feel to it, while the other has a more traditional feel.
    This is why we say "weeb sh*t." Somehow anime, which should have been a dozen different genres have an aesthetic that all mindlessly melded together, (Look at RWBY). If you're drawing on Cowboy Bebop (a cyberpunk noire made for an adult audience) AND Bleach (a serialized saturday morning cartoon for children), something went horribly wrong. This applies to FFXIV in that the art style is baroque, the music is thrash metal & the UI & spell effects are sci-fi. For no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Once news and datamining about the next patch hits the news cycle, it would inadvertedly drown out what measly info Blizzard could push out about "WoW Classic Classic: Classic Rehashed". So they do have a certain interest to not overlap it too much, especially since the reception so far has been rather luke-warm.
    True, but if they look at just WoW content creators, Classic news & retail news basically are two completely different audiences.

It’s not “weeb” shit though?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    True, but if they look at just WoW content creators, Classic news & retail news basically are two completely different audiences.
    I don't think content creators are the main source of marketing spread though. Well it's difficult to say. I think general gaming news are still the main distributor of those, besides cheap google ads. I might be wrong though and there is this vast community of classic enthusiasts that just burns to give Blizzard money for what their private server does already 10 times better and they will come even without any kind of passive marketing.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    It’s not “weeb” shit though?
    Have you seen a Japanese AAA game or new non-children's anime in the last 6 years? That music is the new hotness. It's like it's 1993 during the Power Rangers craze all over again: Bad metal posing as score.

Save the copium for the 9.2 ptr

You guys are putting on some very objective arguments over very subjective content. All art is subjective. As a former music teacher, and music composition major (from my undergrad), and composer/arranger, I very much enjoy the music from WOW - ALL of wow. I also enjoy that of FFXIV. In fact it's one of the few things I actually enjoy about XIV. Square has a long history of employing good composers. I understand that not everyone will appreciate my point of view, and that's okay. But my subjective opinion is that music in WOW is still of a high quality, both thematically and structurally. But since this is a speculation thread, maybe this conversation should be moved to a its own thread.

Can't you just let us be snotty on the internet? I'm sure FF14 is a good game, but I'm pretty salty that all my friends have gone over to it, a game I find repulsive to all my senses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Music is subjective and I have no idea why we went down that rabbit hole.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Music is subjective and I have no idea why we went down that rabbit hole.
    Boredom and attempts to fight off insanity as we wait for any shred of information for what's coming next.

I think today is the day that we finally learn something about 9.2. But if that is an actual reveal or just a date for the reveal we will see. No other blue posts up yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternicce View Post
    I think today is the day that we finally learn something about 9.2. But if that is an actual reveal or just a date for the reveal we will see. No other blue posts up yet.

Ion talking and saying "On PTR soon"
    Last edited by Valysar; 2021-11-10 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Ion talking and saying "On PTR soon"
    Where is he talking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Where is he talking?
    Sorry forgot to quote, this could cause some confusion ^^

I have already lost hope next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Can't you just let us be snotty on the internet? I'm sure FF14 is a good game, but I'm pretty salty that all my friends have gone over to it, a game I find repulsive to all my senses.
    As did I, when I first gave it a shot. As soon as some white-haired, effeminate, teenaged prodigy starting telling me what do, I quit. That character was everything I hate about JRPGs. But every now and again, I’d get strong armed into giving it another shot. It is nothing short of a miracle that I actually wound up liking that character. A testament to the storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I have already lost hope next week.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...eo-coming-soon