Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm wondering what Melania was bribed with. Every day that passes, "her half" dwindles.
    Not having her green card/"Einstein Visa" status examined too closely?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Not having her green card/"Einstein Visa" status examined too closely?
    Nah, she has anchor babies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So we don't know how much he paid for it vs how much he spent on renovations? Cause this whole thing is getting confusing lol
    I don't think he actually paid for the building itself. It was a lease, and I think the lease terms required him to spend a certain amount on renovations in lieu of a direct payment for the lease itself.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I don't think he actually paid for the building itself. It was a lease, and I think the lease terms required him to spend a certain amount on renovations in lieu of a direct payment for the lease itself.
    That would explain the missing amount he paid. I also saw that he had to pay $250k/month, but that's fairly small considering how much else he already lost.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Ok that would put it at just the 217 + incured losses - 375m

Only thing I can see here is the writer is trying to just use the buy and sale price. Which is dishonest at best imo.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would explain the missing amount he paid. I also saw that he had to pay $250k/month, but that's fairly small considering how much else he already lost.
    Yeah, he had to pay the rent, but not an initial fee just to win the lease.

From back in 2013:
    Today, the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) announced it has completed negotiations with the Trump Organization on a 60 year lease agreement to redevelop and manage the iconic Old Post Office building and annex on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C. Under the agreement, $200 million of private sector funds will be invested to restore the 114 year old federal building and convert it into a luxury mixed-use development -- Trump International Hotel, The Old Post Office, Washington D.C. -- that will serve the local community, preserve the facility, and save taxpayer dollars. The pending agreement now moves to Congress for a review period of 30 in-session days.

GSA and the Trump Organization have been negotiating for over a year on the terms and conditions of this complex transaction. GSA selected the Trump Organization as the preferred developer after an open and robust competitive process. The Trump Organization’s offer was deemed the most compelling, and it included the strongest development team, provided long term benefits to the local community, and offered the best overall proposal to the federal government.

The Old Post Office, located at the corner of 12th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue in the Federal Triangle neighborhood, is currently used primarily as federal office space. Through the Old Post Office Redevelopment Act of 2008, Congress directed GSA to redevelop the Old Post Office in a cost effective manner. The lease agreement provides a path forward for the preservation of the historic features while allowing the private sector to develop it to its fullest potential while also creating economic development opportunities. GSA is relocating the existing federal tenants in the Old Post Office, including the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation, the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I'm wondering what Melania was bribed with. Every day that passes, "her half" dwindles.
    I assume its because she doesn't have a half.

Trump is Trump and this is his 3e marriage, no way he doesn't have a secure prenup.

My guess is she is waiting for the lawsuits to bring all his dirty laundry out into the open so Trump can't use that being private information as a way to stop her book from coming out. Or something to that effect.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I assume its because she doesn't have a half.
    Oh, since it wasn't clear, I didn't mean when she files for divorce for the proven adultery. I meant when he dies. Yes, Trump almost certainly had her sign a prenup in which he could have sex with whores all he wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

In a headline even I would boo me for if I made it up, Michigan election official who refused to certify result for Biden dies of Covid

The announcement of his death was done by his loving family and friends the coroner Facebook the Republican Party.

And in case you're wondering if he was vaccinated, I quote the Detroit Free Press:

It is unclear whether Hartmann was vaccinated. His Facebook page includes posts and memes downplaying the severity of the coronavirus, comparing vaccine passports to Nazi Germany and blasting Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s efforts to mitigate the spread of the virus.

In one Facebook post, Hartmann appeared to question the efficacy of the vaccine. "If the ouchie is so great, why do they have to offer bribes?" he wrote, apparently referencing incentives offered to some individuals to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
    These FB posts stopped on or before Nov 13, when he was put on a ventilator. So I'm just going to play the odds and say "no he wasn't vaccinated" and won't lose a second of sleep if I'm wrong. The odds and the evidence aren't just leaning that way, they're trying to push it over.

This is one of the top examples of how Team Trump has chosen to make this issue political. Also, remember all those times when I say "they would literally rather die"? Y'all thought I was exaggerating.

The service will be in January.

"Why are you posting this incredibly mean-spirited situation? My God, a man just died. Show some respect."

No.

Hartmann tried to overthrow democracy for a main course, then had a dinner of risking his life and the lives of his loved ones. He basically called COVID a hoax until it killed him. Sometimes, people can best serve society by being shamed as a bad example of humanity. For everyone who storms the Capitol and goes to prison, hopefully ten or a hundred more have second thoughts about the next attempt. And for everyone who mocks COVID as a hoax until they die from it, if even one more person gets vaccinated, then I guess they gave their life to show the rest of the world what not to do.

Thoughts and prayers to his family. Everyone else, I hope you learned your lesson without the encouragement of a funeral.

Mitch McConnell revealed the Republican parties legislative agenda to donors and political operatives for the upcoming mid-terms.

"Oh boy, I bet it's filled with all kinds of garbage, right?"

Actually...no.

His legislative agenda doesn't exist. Their agenda is simply to shit on Democrats, because, once more, this is a political party completely incapable of actual governance.

More and more conservative media leaders are dying from COVID-19 after advocating against vaccines

Marcus Lamb joins a number of other conservative media leaders who caught COVID-19 and eventually died from the virus after refusing to take a vaccine and flouted anti-vaccine rhetoric.

A conservative radio host from Tennessee, Phil Valentine, also died of COVID-19 in August. Valentine was an outspoken critic of the vaccine and even released a parody song that mocked it. However, in July he confirmed he had contracted the virus. By August local Nashville radio station WTN, where Valentine was a host, released a statement that denied Valentine was an "anti-vaxxer" but that, "he regrets not being more vehemently 'pro-vaccine.'"

The list goes on, with Florida talk radio host Dick Farrel, who also served as an anchor on right-wing TV network Newsmax, publicly sharing his criticism for the COVID-19 vaccine. Farrel called the vaccine bogus and called Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, a, "power tripping lying freak."
    Farrel died from complications from COVID-19 in August. In a Facebook post, Amy Leigh Hair, a friend of Farrel, said the conservative talk show host texted her while battling the virus encouraging her to get vaccinated. "He is the reason I took the shot! He texted me and told me to 'get it!' He told me that this virus is no joke and he said: 'I wish I had gotten it!'"

Another Florida-based talk radio host Marc Brenier died of the virus after pushing anti-vaccine views on his show.
    According to The New York Times, Brenier said on his show in June that he was unvaccinated. "I'm one of them. Judge me if you want." Then in July, he cited an unfounded claim that "45,000 people have died from taking the vaccine." Later Bernier accused the government of "acting like Nazis" for encouraging COVID-19 vaccines.

---------

I'm sure this list will grow. Stupidity is a power in itself.

10+ Year Old Account

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    I do so hope a sort of dawning epiphany falls on these people about how up a creek without a paddle Trump has set them.

Like when Trump left a bunch of his supporters standing out in freezing weather because he cheaped out on paying for the buses to take them back to their cars. Honestly, it was the perfect analog for the Trump presidency.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I do so hope a sort of dawning epiphany falls on these people about how up a creek without a paddle Trump has set them.
    All evidence to the contrary. Even if Trump didn't exist before his Mexican rapists announcements Sept 2015, we had 4 years of him tossing away people who were no longer valuable to him, regardless of their actions or their service or their loyalty. "I never thought Trump would turn on me" was one of my running jokes, somewhere between moldy turnips and fucking Graham's wife.

Anyone who was capable of learning this behavior of Trump's learned it ages ago. If a raider stands in the fire the first nine pull attempts, he'll stand in the fire the tenth.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of which, Nevada looks like they want to do something we've talked about: making people who choose not to get vaccinated pay more for health insurance.

It starts July 2022 so there's no reason to panic -- you can easily get two shots and a booster by then. And it applies to state workers, who are getting their insurance paid for by the state/taxpayers, so there's a lot of "this is legal" behind this.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...t-judge-rules/

Texas' "social media free speech" law blocked by a judge for, as everyone predicted, violating the First Amendment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Texas' "social media free speech" law blocked by a judge for, as everyone predicted, violating the First Amendment.
    Allowing biased social media companies to cancel conservative speech is hostile to the free speech foundation America was built on. In Texas, we will always fight to defend Texans’ freedom of speech
    -- Abbott via spokesdouche

I'm willing to bet that Abbott knew full well this was going nowhere. He, like many of the rabid fanbase, need to push the myth that they're somehow a suppressed repressed censored minority poor us poor us.

Hey @Edge- did you notice the law only applies to platforms with north of 50M customers? Which, let's be honest, alt-right platforms don't have? And how do you feel about leading questions?

Hey @Edge- did you notice the law only applies to platforms with north of 50M customers? Which, let's be honest, alt-right platforms don't have? And how do you feel about leading questions?
    I did! And I believe FL's similar law as a coincidentally similar threshold.

In related news, y'all see that DeSantis wants his own personal army for the state of Florida that's not accountable to anyone else? That sounds pretty cool man, what do states need their own "militaries" for?

Let's be honest, right now he's seeking only a few million for it which might be enough to recruit a few dozen 18+'s with GED's and stick them in a room with some equipment and no training. But I guess FL doesn't have anything else to spend their federal welfare on, like, you know, building inspections so we don't have more tragic collapses, or more testing and vaccination sites and public campaigns so that FL doesn't continue to be one of the worst places for covid in the US.

Or hell, it would be better used sending residents to Disney World for a weekend or something. There's infinitely more value in that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    DeSantis wants his own personal army
    It's called a civilian military force. You know, like all those beef-eating vegans and high-school dropout doctors.

This Florida State Guard, or FSG, no not that FSG, no not that one either, no it's not the Boston Red Sox, appears to be DeSantis wanting to have armed thugs with weapons of war with (a) no training (b) no actual responsibilities other than what DeSantis says and (c) no need for a vaccine.

However, as real news source CNN says, states are allowed to do this -- and a fair number of them have. It's deplorable, there isn't really a need for this, but it's legal and his taxpayers' money so sure, why not.

I'm just going to start a "XXX days since FSG murders an unarmed black person" counter. I have a feeling we'll get back to it riiiiiiiight around November.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, a few weeks ago a woman wrote an open letter to him complaining that none of QAnon's predictions have come true yet:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/qano...-false-2021-11

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Well, a few weeks ago a woman wrote an open letter to him complaining that none of QAnon's predictions have come true yet
    ...heh...hee hee hee...HAHHAHAHHA..MUAHAHAHAHAHA

For months, I have anticipated each day with excitement knowing that I was watching my president and his crew of Patriots take back our country and our freedom. I am losing that excitement now,. This is starting to get very old.

I will not be checking Lin's page, or Flynn, or any others for a good while. I'm already tired of it.
    -- actual fucking line in the actual fucking letter

Oh wait, there's more:

On a personal level, my wife is struggling physically. She has an autoimmune disease that is greatly and increasingly causing her more pain and suffering as the weeks drag on.

She could use a med bed and so could two of our children who have taken the vaccine. They think I am nuts for believing in all this. And how many millions more across the country need a med bed? My family is struggling and so is our country.
    I can't seem to find Donny Warren's location. So I will just say "Indiana" because of this article. If that sounds unfair, tough, so is asking Trump to violently overthrow the country, so he started it Mom. No really though, if anyone finds it (later?) please fill me in. Because rational people are fully aware Trump stole more from sick people than he helped them.

I would really love to start naming individual people and asking "how do you feel about being on the same side as this person?" So, I will.

-- Abbott via spokesdouche

I'm willing to bet that Abbott knew full well this was going nowhere. He, like many of the rabid fanbase, need to push the myth that they're somehow a suppressed repressed censored minority poor us poor us.

Remember this logic folks. To defend the First Amendment, you much first restrict it. Be like saying to defend a person's fifth amendment rights, we must demand they be forced to out themselves.

This unwavering pretzel shaped logic fits right in with the rest of the right wing thinking.