Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Wouldnt it be hilarious they they made Alextrasza a villain? And it pains Noz so much he turns into Moruzond.
    when was the last time we killed a female character?
    Sylvanas got away, Kyrestia survived, Azshara survived, Jaina escaped, Sygrin survived - it leaves us with Ashvane in 8.2, Vexiona in 8.3, Ysera in 7.0 (temporarily) and Zaela in 6.0?
    i do not consider passing punching bags in raids and dungeons as "female characters", as they have little to no pre-established story.

i am not actually saying that we won't fight her - but rather than a villain, that would make her confused and/or misguided. she could easily be corrupted and/or be prejudiced against twilight drakes though. racism is no joke.

You know whats interesting about that? Dragons are fighting tinkers a lot in that trailer. @Teriz
    And we got this leak by tinkering with their website. Within 24 hours of them making a joke about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Also, I find the name of the expansion very curious. Why just "Dragonflight"?
    When this information first leaked, my first thought was, "Shouldn't it be Dragonflights?" Why is it not plural, when we know of more than one dragonflight? And they're all important in their own ways (even if the poster art seemingly tries to make Alex seem somehow more important).

Maybe they're trying to appeal to the FFXIV crowd with an expansion title like this. It follows their format of having singular titles like Shadowbringer, Endwalker, etc.

I'd love it if Alexstrasza was the new Bolvar/Khadgar/Cho of a Dragonflight expansion. Main character whos guiding us thru the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    The thing about the Dragonflight theme is that it fits so perfectly with where the players are at, where Blizzard is at, and what's up with Azeroth in general.

Five unique dragon flights, each with its own colour palette and style. Something for everyone. Fits neatly as a "Covenant"-like system and a great opportunity for exciting new skills and customizations.

Each flight taps into some fundamental forces, paving the way for great content at launch and in patches. The elemental planes, the Emerald Dream, below the earth, time travel, and so on. Even the Titans can be brought back into the story in some way.

Then we obviously also have the revamp part of the equation. The different dragon aspects would come in handy if we need to do a revamp, since they each protect one aspect of Azeroth, first ordered by the Titans and later entrusted to the dragons. So it would fit with a revamp both in 10.0, or in 11.0.

Lastly, players are screaming for old school classic Warcraft lore and stuff.
    I very much hope a Dragon expansion means Odyn shows up. The asshole who is always right.

I can't align tinkers with dragon expansion, it should be more magical class rather than Tinker - mechanical guy

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    When this information first leaked, my first thought was, "Shouldn't it be Dragonflights?" Why is it not plural, when we know of more than one dragonflight? And they're all important in their own ways (even if the poster art seemingly tries to make Alex seem somehow more important).

Maybe they're trying to appeal to the FFXIV crowd with an expansion title like this. It follows their format of having singular titles like Shadowbringer, Endwalker, etc.
    To be fair, Wrath of the Lich King or Mists of Pandaria weren't particularly specific names either. Arthas did a bunch of stuff, but none of it could be called wrathful, and the mists were gone before we got to Pandaria. Dragonflight just seems like a random epic word with Dragon in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I can't align tinkers with dragon expansion, it should be more magical class rather than Tinker - mechanical guy
    Careful, you might summon two very known pictures of robot dragons.

Start reserving your Dragonsworn new class char names now imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There are also widespread class issues as above.

Also the Dalaran thing makes zero sense. The expansion explicitly has separated zones. Why reuse Dalaran when you can't even park it next to the zones, because two of them are underground and one is who knows where? Also why would they make Dalaran the hub again when Undermine is a literal city.
    If Northern EK is part of the revamp, I would want Silvermoon City for the horde, Gilneas for the alliance. HD silvermoon... Drools.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    Original:

Ai upscale

Ai upscale 2 (best resolution but doesnt recognize the font right when you zoom in)

Original

Ai upscale
    [IMG][/IMG]

Ai upscale 2 (best resolution but overreacting to aggressive )

Feel free to investigate
    Yeah, I said this a few mins ago, but this is an even better view of the basic layout for the logo. It looks fantastic. Much more modern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Prepare for a huge influx of -strasz and -gos names.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Taking xXDeathwing69420Xx
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    Original:

Ai upscale

Ai upscale 2 (best resolution but doesnt recognize the font right when you zoom in)

Original

Ai upscale
    [IMG][/IMG]

Ai upscale 2 (best resolution but overreacting to aggressive )

Feel free to investigate
    Some CSI enhancement shit over here
    if it was better resolution we could see the text below the poster...

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Prepare for a huge influx of -strasz and -gos names.
    Fun fact, I used to name all my alts with Dragon names and doing a soft-RP that they were dragons.

Sadly I changed all the names when I realized I had made all my alts into basically the same human male and needed to diversify.

- - - Updated - - -

If Northern EK is part of the revamp, I would want Silvermoon City for the horde, Gilneas for the alliance. HD silvermoon... Drools.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I said this a few mins ago, but this is an even better view of the basic layout for the logo. It looks fantastic. Much more modern.
    It doesn't strike me as following the same basic layout as the other logos though. Seems like a very odd thing to change so drastically.
    I guess the idea could be that you have dragon wings hanging off the sides of the normal logo, but I struggle to see it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Im almost caught up guys. Then i can finally sleep

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Casually waiting for @Chickat to catch up over 25 pages
    IM caught up, but looks like you are in bed now. I cant wait to catch up again tomorrow after I get off work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    If you keep memeing it hard enough, you might get a dungeon named Explosion of Dragons like Eye of Azshara.
    Incoming quest where a goblin blows up a bunch of attacking dragons, and you have a Dwarf saying "Aye, was that an explosion of DRAGONS I just saw?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    What if the Dragon Isles isn't a continent, but a number of isolated islands spread out all over Azeroth? They could each fill those empty spaces on that map, and when you hold the mouse cursor above one of them then all of them glow up.

So the Bronze flight might have one off shore from Tanaris.

Red might have one over the Vermillion Redoubt in EK.

Black could be around Undermine perhaps.

Blue somewhere near Azshara or perhaps offshore from Quel'thalas due to Arcane magic etc.

Green west of KA, or perhaps in an Emerald Dream version of Azeroth above Mount Hyjal?

Just saying. If you're going to be these Avengers-like flying lizards watching over different aspects of Azeroth, then it would make sense to have your own base of operations in the proximity of that element.
    That could be cool if its a world revamp as well, but if not it would be annoying.

The Dragons will need the Ren'dorei to survive.

The Ren'dorei are the only ones who resisted the whispers that broke the will of the greatest dragons.

The Ren'dorei will spearhead the Alliance operations in the Dragon Isles.

Alleria Windrunner will be the main Alliance character in Dragon Isles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    With only a handful of exceptions Cataclysm gear was beyond hideous. Only BFA had worse looking raid gear.
    Eh, IMO Wrath had the world raid gear of any expansion and its not even close. Its all brown black and grey with hints of blue. Its fire for one tier, but it all looked the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I very much hope a Dragon expansion means Odyn shows up. The asshole who is always right.
    I'd be very disappointed if the opening cinematic doesn't have a dragon blow something up and then pan to Odyn in the Halls of Valor, sipping of his mead and surrounded by val'kyr saying "I told you so."
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I feel like this is true for pretty much every expansion, ironically up to WoD with that slam dunk lineup of tier sets.
    Yep WoD definitely had the best raid gear. TBC and Legion were also great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Fun fact, I used to name all my alts with Dragon names and doing a soft-RP that they were dragons.
    Might wanna bring that back for 10.0 if there actually is a dragon-themed class (or race?).

Eh, IMO Wrath had the world raid gear of any expansion and its not even close. Its all brown black and grey with hints of blue. Its fire for one tier, but it all looked the same.
    Wrath didn't have a huge amount of color variety but there was a basic level of quality and cohesion to the sets that end up looking cool. Cataclysm is a bonanza of all time worsts, from Dragon Soul paladin to fishbones hunter, each competing with each other to have the most garish and nonsensical look. I do like Firelands paladin and DS priest though.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.