I don't think Putin is crazy or considers himself to be evil, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a god complex and considers himself to be the true hero of the narrative, so could never be wrong and doesn't lose a minutes sleep over anything he has done. Like all the other murderous, power hungry leaders, both past and present.
    Last edited by Iliena; 2022-04-14 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Bad wording and lack of proof reading
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    I don't think Putin is evil or crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a god complex and considers himself to be the true hero of the narrative, so could never be wrong and doesn't lose a minutes sleep over anything he has done. Like all the other murderous, power hungry leaders, both past and present.
    Dumbest take I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    I don't think Putin is evil
    no, he is the definition of evil.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    A.k.a.: Russian warship got fucked.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Thoughts and prayers.

I hope so it sunk but in the link theres 0 evidence to it unless I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I hope so it sunk but in the link theres 0 evidence to it unless I missed something.
    If the russian MoD says it has sunk, it probably has.

Russia: The fire on the Moskva has been successfully extinguished.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the article:

A Russian warship that was damaged by an explosion on Wednesday has sunk, Russia's defence ministry has said.

Moskva, the flagship of Russia's Black Sea fleet, was being towed to port when "stormy seas" caused it to sink, according to a ministry message.
    If the Russian MoD says it sunk, I'm pretty sure it sunk.

Russia's defense ministry saying so isn't evidence? How about the fact that they blamed it on "stormy seas"? That sounds more like Russia, doesn't it?
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    From the article:
    Was fierce storm that sunk ship, not leetle Ukraine terrorist missile.
    Fierce storm. Stormy seas. Stormy Daniels. She sunk boat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Pretty sure that's how you make kaijus, or at least mutant crab people.
    Nord stream (gasline) is on/in(few feet of sludge/mud) the Baltic sea floor, so in addition to making kaijus it would also prevent them from selling a bunch of gas to europe.
    Last edited by P for Pancetta; 2022-04-14 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You've proven time and time again that you don't have the slightest clue what is going on. You don't understand nuance. You don't understand motivations. You don't understand geopolitics. Dubbing Putin "pure evil" is just as childish as it is wrong. He is a criminal, but within his world, his moves make sense. You're not even beginnign to grasp the topic if you just think he's an inhuman monster. Reality is a lot more complex than what you're trying to convey here. Your world view is very immature and simplistic.

So no, Putin is not "pure evil".

Thanks for reminding us that its so WRONG to call a genocidal dictator evil. Do you have some more mature and complex world views to share with us?

'The dog ate my flagship'.
    Also love they say it sank in stormy weather while being towed. Weather reports state there was barely a light breeze.

Between this and not scouting an obvious 'high-risk for ambush bridge', Putin must be going to be with a very sore head. Get fucked.

Today I heard Sergiei Shoigu had an infarct and even if he survives, he will probably be disabled. If it's true I wonder if it was natural or maybe some russian "medicine" helped him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's that video of "My Heart Will Go On" played on the recorder when you need it...

Today I heard Sergiei Shoigu had an infarct and even if he survives, he will probably be disabled. If it's true I wonder if it was natural or maybe some russian "medicine" helped him.
    ''was just a leetle infraction...*hides infarct inducing medcine*''

10+ Year Old Account
    He was reported as having had one a couple of weeks ago, but if he had another one I'm sure you can provide a source?

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    He was reported as having had one a couple of weeks ago, but if he had another one I'm sure you can provide a source?
    I read it on non english site and I don't know how reliable the source is (thats why I said "If it's true"). Theres also article in english:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-causes.html