Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think people are looking at this the wrong way. You're not really a humanoid, you're really this;

But because of gameplay reasons and system limitations, you are a smaller, humanoid form.

Just like Wrathion, Alexstraza, and Chromie aren't classes, they're just dragons, and so are the Dracthyr, they're just dragons.
    you aren't that though and if blizz couldn't accomplish that, they should've changed the race and class to something else. There is no shortage of requests in either of thsoe departments.

Is the class called Drakthyr Evoker, or just Evoker?
    Dracthyr is the race, Evoker is the class. "Dracthyr Evoker" is just the whole package put together, since it can only be one race.

I think people are looking at this the wrong way. You're not really a humanoid, you're really this;

[img]

But because of gameplay reasons and system limitations, you are a smaller, humanoid form.

Just like Wrathion, Alexstraza, and Chromie aren't classes, they're just dragons, and so are the Dracthyr, they're just dragons.
    Evoker is basically just a functional requirement so they have something to put in for various class prompts(e.g. if some NPC adresses you by class). Dracthyr and Evoker are the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Dracthyr is the race, Evoker is the class. "Dracthyr Evoker" is just the whole package put together, since it can only be one race.
    Basically, if an NPC adresses you by race, they say Dracthyr, if they adress you by class, they say Evoker. But it's all the same thing either way.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't quite follow your thought about Druids. They just flew the same speed as any other mount so far. There's no reason they couldn't go faster if the system actually supported it.
    The idea is that the dragons are capable of flying faster than existing mounts.

So there's no particular justification for Druid flight form automagically being as fast as them. But you could invent a justification. There's just no default logic to support it.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Basically, if an NPC adresses you by race, they say Dracthyr, if they adress you by class, they say Evoker. But it's all the same thing either way.
    I agree completely. One of the biggest hangups I had was coming up with a class name that represents Alexstraza and the HotS dragons. I guess Evoker was it.

Yeah the cinematic was a big "eh". The bar BFA, the cinematics haven't been good since WoD. I wish they would just do a more "collage"-like cinematic like Vanilla / BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    you aren't that though and if blizz couldn't accomplish that, they should've changed the race and class to something else. There is no shortage of requests in either of thsoe departments.

Eh... I'm fine with it. It looks dragon enough to me.

Well, think about how many people are going to roll the dragon class when they see one fly past them doing barrel rolls and nosedives without a mount......
    This is your demographic now, enjoy:

I really liked the cinematic if only because of how much it reminded me of the opening to the movie Prometheus

Eh... I'm fine with it. It looks dragon enough to me.
    I think they just look too skinny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    LMAO!!!! 10/char

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I think they just look too skinny
    I definitely feel the male models should be beefier.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    The idea is that the dragons are capable of flying faster than existing mounts.

So there's no particular justification for Druid flight form automagically being as fast as them. But you could invent a justification. There's just no default logic to support it.
    There is no justification for them being slower, either. They just flew that speed because everybody did. You treat a lack of positive justification as an immediate disqualification. Meanwhile, it's specificially mentioned that Dracthyr can actually do that new flight on their own.

For that matter, it sounds like this new system also gives new limitations to flight which make that speed come with downsides, like limited airtime.

LMAO!!!! 10/char
    It could always be worse tho:

...can we not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, that's just nightmare fuel.....

Here they coooome!

But they'll at least be lucrative, so admittedly this is actually a really good decision by Blizzard. These guys spend like wild.

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO!!!! 10/char

I definitely feel the male models should be beefier.
    Biologically-speaking, the females ought to be buffer.

So the Evoker will be the first class added since Legion, which added order halls for every class. I can't imagine that Blizzard would add any sort of pseudo-class hall experience or draconic racial hall for them in Dalaran/Broken Isles, would they? Dracthyr start close to the new level cap so chromie time/leveling in Legion won't be relevant, but this will make them the only class without an order hall. I don't think it's important that they have one, just a thought I had.

I love the cinematic, think it was very epic.

snip
    What in the mother of god...

Thank god I always avoided that MMORPG like the Plaque. I know fully why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    I love the cinematic, think it was very epic.
    I feel more connection with that one stone guy than I did with anybody in the Shadowlands.