10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I wouldn't get too hyped about these, remember how sepulcher raid tiers looked on concept arts?

I don't know also if it's just me, but the style of these really reminds me higher said sepulcher sets somehow.
    Sure the sets looked better in the art (they always do), but just having colors in the sets will help a lot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    That also has a dragon head though. Maybe less a head, and more a skull with the horns, but clearly part of a dragon head.

Also people on twitter are hating on the hunter set. I think it looks badass. Am I in the minority there?
    The hunterset is sooooooooo awesome. How can anyone hate on that?? I swear, if they change it I will be super mad.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Oh yeah much better.
    Finally a good monk set again

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I can see it like this:
    - 10.0 Intro raid, finishing up Dragon Isle zone story
    - 10.1 Furthering general Dragonflight story. End boss of the raid is whatever caused the blue shit in the water. It causes nozdormu to become murozond
    - 10.2 Caverns of time raid. We try to prevent Nozdormu from becoming infinite. At the end boss (whoever that could be) Murozond pops up and transports us back in time pre sundering 'permanently' 10.000 years ago.
    - 10.3 Few zones, like argus in the pre-sundering world. The raid has us trying to get back to the present. Last boss is Murozond. After his defeat we will be victorious. We will return to the present, only to find out we overshot and are actually 5-10 years in the future..... World revamp.
    I love this! Man I got excited just reading that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    TBH I feel lenient on the visage forms; while I wish there was more effort all around on the dragonoid from, I do thinkinh new humanoid models entirely would have been unnecessary.

I really don't dislike this idea of reusing models from other races, it has a lot of potential, but I do think it needs at least different idle poses to really work and not feel like an AR reskin, even if... pretty much is one?

Just a little more effort would go a long way; and I think that's kinda true for every aspect of Dracthyr.
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=162688/p...al#modelviewer
    The pose of venthyrs would look great on them. That snobbish, arrogant, powerful pose would fit perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    Finally a good monk set again
    Yeah, that Monk set is bad ass, NGL.

Anyway, it looks like we're going to be waiting for some more info. I really want to see the new abilities and talents for the new class and the existing classes.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Umm I feel like its a non issue and people just want to whine tbh. They have unique casting, dancing, emotes etc that every race has. They just run the same and idle the same. Its a non issue.
    Yup. Not only is it a non-issue, I don't think people are really thinking about it right.

Odds are, it's not that the Incubus had the rig first. No. More likely the Dracthyr had this rig, and when Blizzard decided to build the Incubus, it was easy to take the rig and use it. We just didn't even know the Dracthyr existed at the time.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    After Dragonflight, I really want a Stone Bro vs Light bound Space Crusaders expac. #teamStoneBro

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I can see it like this:
    - 10.0 Intro raid, finishing up Dragon Isle zone story
    - 10.1 Furthering general Dragonflight story. End boss of the raid is whatever caused the blue shit in the water. It causes nozdormu to become murozond
    - 10.2 Caverns of time raid. We try to prevent Nozdormu from becoming infinite. At the end boss (whoever that could be) Murozond pops up and transports us back in time pre sundering 'permanently' 10.000 years ago.
    - 10.3 Few zones, like argus in the pre-sundering world. The raid has us trying to get back to the present. Last boss is Murozond. After his defeat we will be victorious. We will return to the present, only to find out we overshot and are actually 5-10 years in the future..... World revamp.
    This is one of those excessively good ideas, which no videogame company, no matter how cool, ever actually does. I love it though.

You see this with fan theories about how TV series are going to turn out too. Someone comes up with a devastatingly awesome prediction, which would just be absolutely killer, and people start believing it. Then the actual ending is totally pedestrian and "meh".
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yup. Not only is it a non-issue, I don't think people are really thinking about it right.

Odds are, it's not that the Incubus had the rig first. No. More likely the Dracthyr had this rig, and when Blizzard decided to build the Incubus, it was easy to take the rig and use it. We just didn't even know the Dracthyr existed at the time.
    Considering the artist who designed both said she had been working on Dracthyr for "years", I'm willing to bet it did.

And yeah, much ado about nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think their visuals on paper look great, but in WoW? Doubt it, but I am willing to get pleasantly surprised.

Why are they called "Primalist" though? Did they explain that? And why are they categorized?
    The first raid of the expansion is against the Primal Dragons. Dragons are made up of elemental energy and flesh/stone etc. They are the leaders of the cult of Galakrond. That's all we know, but they likely want to resurrect Galakrond. Also, they have been sleeping I believe since the Isles went dormant 10k years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

People already "mythbust" that, their rig/model was from the eredar/manari/demons from Argus/Legion. So, saying they came before incubus, to me is pure copium, as its prob the other way around.

Hell, even if their textures look like the dinossaurs and druid forms from zandalar

I, personally have no problem with the dragonform re-using those model and the textures, if its good and you can make it unique, go for it, the real problem with their proportions, being too slender for a dragon and the visage form.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-21 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first raid of the expansion is against the Primal Dragons. Dragons are made up of elemental energy and flesh/stone etc. They are the leaders of the cult of Galakrond. That's all we know, but they likely want to resurrect Galakrond. Also, they have been sleeping I believe since the Isles went dormant 10k years ago.
    Yeah, you know Galakrond is coming in this expansion. It'll probably be 10.2 or 10.3. Probably not the final boss, but he could be.

Also the League of Explorers is in this, so I completely expect some homage to Descent of Dragons;

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Humans make sense. Vykrul were created by the Titans just like the Watchers.

However Dracthyr were likely created 10,000 years ago before the Dragon Isles got cut off. Only Night Elves would of existed at that point. So not sure why their visage looks like High Elves
    I did have a thought.

Perhaps in the starting zone you won’t have a “visage form” until you get to a certain point in the questline, like Worgen.

If you got the ‘visage form’ after meeting the expeditions it would make much more sense.
    Probably the quest could show other Dracthyr taking the form of the blood elves from the reliquary or some humans in the explorers league, which you’d then do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Every list I've seen of which set is for which class here seems wrong so here is what I see :

1. rogue (dark with shadows)
    2. druid (pelts and claws)
    3. priest (this is my only guess as it has no definitve priest traits except for the colour)

4. monk (ninja and beeds)
    5. paladin (light runes and light crystals)
    6. warrior (stones, boulders, rough)

7. death knight (horns, looks similar to previous DK sets, dragon skulls on knees)
    8. warlock (horns, ritualist type set)
    9. evoker (dragon face)
    10. demon hunter (demon hunter horns)

11. shaman (looks similar to the T10 set, animal skull and crystals)
    12. mage (mage orbs on shoulders)
    13. hunter (dragon skull as a helmet, lightweight)

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Every list I've seen of which set is for which class here seems wrong so here is what I see :

1. rogue (dark with shadows)
    2. druid (pelts and claws)
    3. priest (this is my only guess as it has no definitve priest traits except for the colour)

4. monk (ninja and beeds)
    5. paladin (light runes and light crystals)
    6. warrior (stones, boulders, rough)

7. death knight (horns, looks similar to previous DK sets, dragon skulls on knees)
    8. warlock (horns, ritualist type set)
    9. evoker (dragon face)
    10. demon hunter (demon hunter horns)

11. shaman (looks similar to the T10 set, animal skull and crystals)
    12. mage (mage orbs on shoulders)
    13. hunter (dragon skull as a helmet, lightweight)
    This is wrong somewhat, blizzard had already announced what classes get which tier set.

But you’re on the right track for most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    This is wrong somewhat, blizzard had already announced what classes get which tier set.

But you’re on the right track for most.
    which are the ones that I've mixed? T.T

10+ Year Old Account
    For starters, the one you assigned Priest is definitely Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are the official ones.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...ept-art-326790

3. is Shaman, 7. is Evoker, 8. is Priest, 9. is Warlock, 11. is DK, rest are all correct