Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The issue here is that limiting dragonriding to make content challenging is exactly the same mistake the flying has. Dragonriding races should be the ultimate test of skill using all your abilities, not a challenge run like doing Mage Tower in only white gear, or raids with only tanks.

Dragonriding is a movement option meant to make traversing the dragon isles feel exciting, not something to necessarily make movement trivial.
    I have not tried dragonriding so I do not know how trivial makes the races, but it definitively should make regular flying trivial, but hopefully fun too. Still, I am confident in Blizzard to make challenging content even with the full talent tree, which should be completely optional for cosmetic stuff.

BTW after messing up with the new DH talent tree I think that they are... Pretty ok I guess? We knew that they were dividing a lot of things that we already have into talents, and the result is ok I think. Anyway, Vengeance is what interest me and is so sad that we do not have them yet.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2022-08-25 at 11:34 AM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    ok so starter 70 gear is 336
    no upgrades if you do +15s until cap
    That sounds rather normal. You start upgrading somewhere around halfway through leveling if you're fully kitted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    And luckily Dragon Flying is fun and engaging content, and has potential to be evergreen if they keep expanding on it and bring it into future zones with new mount skeletons.
    Looks like they are working hard to turn Dragonriding away from fun and engaging content and instead make it airswimming just like current flying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Forget about Sabellian or Wrathion, Vazallia should become the next Aspect.
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...85793059725313

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    The idea that every single feature needs to be a challenge is precisely the issue with WoW and it's playerbase in general.
    Something cannot simply exist for fun; people need to be better than somebody else at it, and things need to be difficult.

It's a video game. An MMO at that, and the genre is thriving off "casual" content and people just vibing.
    Features existing for the sake of just being there for everybody to have a good time is important, and something that the game has lacked.
    LFR existing does not mean it's fun or engaging content.

And luckily Dragon Flying is fun and engaging content, and has potential to be evergreen if they keep expanding on it and bring it into future zones with new mount skeletons.

If you want to pretend like flying around really good matters, sign up for player run races or something.
    Not everything needs to be challenging, but simultaneously you don't need to make everything "required".

So far it seems Dragonriding is made easy solely to make it work as an easy core mechanic for everyone, rather than an optional movement option for those who enjoy it.

It's the same arguments we had with flying. You shouldn't remove it because it makes content difficult, you should remove it because it's an easy cheat for those who don't want to be involved in open world content. There already exists summoning stones that removes the need for most players to engage with open world content, you don't need to add another thing that trvializes open world content in order to make it even easier to get to instances.

In short: Why do we need to make Dragonriding easy? Or rather, why do we need to make Dragonriding this trivial?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That is AU Xera or her equivalent.
    The Naaru aren't part of the alternate universe nonsense, just like the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Forget about Sabellian or Wrathion, Vazallia should become the next Aspect.
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...85793059725313
    she is one of saberlian's followers, she may be vice aspect

Sabellian gives his dragons days off! another reason to be the leader black dragonflight

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    The Naaru aren't part of the alternate universe nonsense, just like the Legion.
    They are though, K'ara exists in both MU and AU.

Formerly known as Arafal

Honestly, Wrathion should not become Aspect. He's unfit, too tempered and just not old or experienced enough.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

They are though, K'ara exists in both MU and AU.
    And I'm gonna assume that either got overlooked, retconned or explained in a silly manner.
    AU stuff has been explained to only apply to mortals and 'Reality'. All of the cosmos are outside of 'Reality'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Our Outland is dying too, so it could be that Draenor's fate is to be destroyed in all realities. But as I said before we are just especulating here, although the only fact is that WoD's Draenor still exists, and I guess that if the Draenei over there build a space ship they could go back to Argus or other planets, I do not think that there is a wall of magic around Draenor that limits that universe to only one planet, but who knows.
    Our Outland is dying because got torn apart and is soaking in nether juice. But maybe it is fate that AU Draenor is suffering from being in the same reality is Outland. I don't think there actually is another Argus though. There isn't actually a "whole other universe" connected to Draenor. I think Blizz even confirmed it is just a pocket dimension that was tacked onto our universe (as an explanation for why there isn't an extra Azeroth in that universe).
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    There isn't actually a "whole other universe" connected to Draenor. I think Blizz even confirmed it is just a pocket dimension that was tacked onto our universe (as an explanation for why there isn't an extra Azeroth in that universe).
    They confirmed the opposite.

Formerly known as Arafal

That is Afrasiabi interview, so it is pretty much null and void about anything at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is Afrasiabi interview, so it is pretty much null and void about anything at this point.
    Are they changing lore he created, because he is no more?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Are they changing lore he created, because he is no more?
    It wouldn't be surprising.

But it also doesn't matter, because Blizzard can and will retcon with a sledge hammer as much as they want if something really doesn't fit their future vision. "We always thought X but turns out, actually Y!" Done, move along, there's nothing we can do.

Not true. Blizzard does not delete lore, they rename it if tied to a sexpest.

The lore may never ever be brought up again about Alt Azeroth but it has not been deconfirmed. But considering it doesn't exist in game or is ever mentioned it may as well not be canon, as it isn't relevant (unless Yrel and Exarch Garrosh recruit some alt Azeroth characters)

Interesting find. So the ''pocket dimension'' of AU Draenor is another universe until we get confirmation on the contrary. I hope that they address this topic in DF.

Why has this thread turned into a boring conversation about Warlords of Draenor?

I don't think people realize what an "Universe" is.

Azeroth is not an universe. Draenor is not an universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I don't think people realize what an "Universe" is.

Azeroth is not an universe. Draenor is not an universe.
    What we are saying is that WoD's Draenor belongs to its own universe, now that we have confirmation that Azeroth also exists in WoD's Draenor planetary system, is pretty much a confirmation of a new entire universe (which Blizzard probably will never touch again, but until we get new info, there are at least two different universes).