Also, this is a neat new thing for those that don't check if they have beta available, it shows a link in quick link as well for those with a license. Guess they want as many eyes on as possible this beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    So with beta likely starting this week should we expect the pre patch on PTR as well seeing as servers were updated to 10.0?
    I do expect it very soon as PTR usually isn't done for weeks at a time, but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Would be cool, WoW itself hasn't been confirmed yet but I can definitely see that happening.
    13 bucks a month for a WoW subscription or 13 bucks to access dozens of AAA games and Wow? Mhm.

If they can put brand new games in there, they can put WoW in it too. Fingers crossed. And time to get the Series X again.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

They might keep wow out of the game pass. I think having expansion+sub is more profitable for them

Let's hope for a decent invite wave And I guess we need nobetaclub signatures

10+ Year Old Account
    I just updated my Alpha client and it remained at Alpha until I restarted battle net for a update than it changed to beta and servers are currently down.

Can confirm alpha has changed to beta.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    They might keep wow out of the game pass. I think having expansion+sub is more profitable for them
    They might just do "playable up to but not including the most recent expansion" thing. They are giving Shadowlands away for free right now, so that's not that big of a stretch.

That would be good. Wow's free trial is tiny

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    Call of Duty most likely makes 100 times the revenue and it’s in Gamepass.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Call of Duty most likely makes 100 times the revenue and it’s in Gamepass.
    Through cosmetics. Warzone is their profitable game, not the other ones.

People crying about store mounts are gonna be in for a rude awakening if WoW gets added to Gamepass lol

Also, this is a neat new thing for those that don't check if they have beta available, it shows a link in quick link as well for those with a license. Guess they want as many eyes on as possible this beta.

- - - Updated - - -

I do expect it very soon as PTR usually isn't done for weeks at a time, but time will tell.
    I do wonder how much of a PTR they want to do, considering we don't really have an idea of what the pre-event is yet, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    I do wonder how much of a PTR they want to do, considering we don't really have an idea of what the pre-event is yet, do we?
    Won't be surprised if it's just testing of class/talent changes and whatever else becomes available in pre-patch system-wise, with the exception of any expansion related stuff. Maybe they'll even keep the pre-patch event a secret, but that might be hopeful thinking.

I wonder if the wave has alrdy gone out or if a wave is coming.

So does anyone recall when the first music got added to BfA and Shadowlands? Is it likely we'll get it tonight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I like the difference between beta and alpha this time. Alpha is focused testing limited content making sure it works, before Beta ends up being mass test what you want, with maybe some content being pointed out as "We want this tested?"

Also, they can start raid testing in beta if they want.
    Ostensibly, they can focus on the subjective feedback offered instead of it being a raw, functional stress test like they've done historically. I applaud the intent. I will be waiting to see if they actually make good on making those changes based on player feedback.

I think this whole Soar controversy is a good litmus test. As far as "fun" is concerned, are they going to trust the playerbase or their internal testers? I think the answer to that will be the answer to a lot of things. If Soar makes it live in its gimped form, what other feedback was left on read?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I wonder if the wave has alrdy gone out or if a wave is coming.
    If it's indeed Beta wave, you will hear "I'm in" from a lot of people. Only check if they're from US or EU, invite time could be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    The pre-event is they're including the new uldaman & start of the Dragonflight campaign in the pre-patch: They've already said that's all it will be. Honestly & like it because that's more substantial than the last few pre-expansion events.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Would if i could, do feel free to "borrow" the idea and executr it though.
    Oh definitely
    As soon as I'm able to get to my pc lol

And there's the build

Can somebody tell me at what point ptr was supposed to be early access and thus means if they test the talents there won't be any more changes??

If the ptr is updated to 10.0 there's still plenty of changes coming because it's on the ptr

5+ Year Old Account
    And there's the build
    where's the build