1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Did anyone put CC on and/or listen to what was actually said in the trailer?

Nozdormu: The future will unfold as it was meant to. Open your mind to what is yet to come.
    Wrathion: Events are unfolding that imperil us all.
    Ebyssian: The threat is greater than you know, young ones. We must join forces and strike now.
    Nozdormu: You balance upon the cusp of destiny. All that matters is this moment.
    I can't believe I missed the best part: Nozdormu/Murozond are on the thumbnail for the WoW Dragonflight Date Announce Trailer. Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by r4vio928 View Post
    It did, it was first called Raid finder, and it was on par with normal.
    It doesn't get any more true if you repeat it. Raid Finder was explicitly and deliberately easier than Normal, about on par with Baradin Hold i.e. World Boss equivalent. And it's still called Raid Finder officially.

Hi everyone was there a beta invite wave this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Dairylegend View Post
    They do it relatively slowly but by the end of the week most will

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Necrotic and Inspiring affixes are being removed.
    Necrotic hasn't been that bad in it's latest form. Don't really understand why they deemed it obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It doesn't get any more true if you repeat it. Raid Finder was explicitly and deliberately easier than Normal, about on par with Baradin Hold i.e. World Boss equivalent. And it's still called Raid Finder officially.
    Idk, it's possibly I'm misremembering. Well, regardless I'd like a raid finding utility that is of equal difficulty to normal.

Idk, it's possibly I'm misremembering. Well, regardless I'd like a raid finding utility that is of equal difficulty to normal.
    Week 1 lfr on a Monday night is about as hard as you'll find

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Week 1 lfr on a Monday night is about as hard as you'll find
    Lol, is that the ultra-degenerate time slot? All the players getting in the rolls before the reset.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...on-boes-329108

So, can people now stop worrying about group loot?

As the title says, these would be for Dragonflight Season 1 - which means the Group Loot being always on is not just for beta. That said, we’ve improved Group Loot a lot from when it was last shown in 2016, and are continuing to work to remove other edge cases. For example:
    In the past, Need/Greed only knew if something was equippable or the right armor type, not if it was meant for your spec or not. This is now changed.

First off, you can never Need for anything your class cannot wear. No warriors sniping cloth robes with a need roll and giving it away or trolling.
    We also have mainspec and offspec functionality built-in, which changes based on the current loot spec you set.
    Main spec takes priority, then Off spec, then greed. So while a Ret paladin can’t off-spec loot a shield away from a main-spec roll from the Tank, anyone rolling greed could never win it over them. This also means that if you swap specs for a specific fight, like going Holy, you can still main spec roll for your desired items if they come from that boss without having to worry about hurting yourself by being flexible to your group.

Players won’t be able to win multiples of the same item - say that 2 sets of Shoulders drop. While you can roll Need on both of them, winning one will ‘remove’ your roll from the other.

Additionally, players can’t Need on a piece of loot if they’re wearing the exact piece at the exact item level, though in the event where this occurs but the dropped piece has a Tertiary stat or Socket, that roll would be possible (as those are upgrades).

Lastly, even after winning the roll, items remain fully tradeable without restrictions to any player that was eligible as a looter - as-in, if you weren’t locked to that boss previously. Inversely, this means that players who have already killed Boss 1 on Normal for the week can’t join for that boss and have loot traded to them (similarly, the need/greed pane won’t appear for that player).

As many in this thread have speculated, all players in Personal Loot were constantly ‘rolling’ behind the scenes, whether you wanted to or not. It’s not as simple as ‘with group loot you’re rolling against everyone, but in personal loot you’re rolling against fewer’. Changing to Group Loot for raids makes the process of loot acquisition and distribution more transparent and gives players more freedom to trade loot around and allocate it socially if they choose to do so.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-09-29 at 11:43 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Lol, is that the ultra-degenerate time slot? All the players getting in the rolls before the reset.
    Nah it's when all the alts are in and the people who capped during the week

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...on-boes-329108

So, can people now stop worrying about group loot?
    This just makes DF a 9/10 now bois

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, just got in, but no email. May be worth refreshing your launcher if you haven't yet. Good luck!

the prepatch is the 27th/28th yes?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Unhappy

The animated series was canceled?

I don't see it listed anywhere on the Official Dragonflight Preview page, and now that we got the release date and everything about the launch process, there's still no teaser or any information regarding the animated series.

What happened?

Teasers from previous expansions:

Last edited by Luck4; 2022-09-30 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    The animated series was canceled?

I don't see it listed anywhere on the Official Dragonflight Preview page, and now that we got the release date and everything about the launch process, there's still no teaser or any information regarding the animated series.

What happened?

Teasers from previous expansions:

Likely will hit one per week closer to release
    Don't wanna spoil possible story points two months prior

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Likely will hit one per week closer to release
    Don't wanna spoil possible story points two months prior
    I get it, but still, the lack of any information on the "presumably upcoming series" worries me, I love this sh*** so much, all the way back to Burdens of Shaohao.

So am I wrong in kinda seeing the raid changes as a nerf to the requirements for progression competition??

You see 3 main complaints every RWF and DF is kinda beating these
    1. "Mythic raiders just buy the progression"
    The removal of mythic boe farms cuts down on the gear they will find and thus the amount of gear available during the race
    2. "They armor stack and its unfair because they have so many alts"
    Armor stacking is essentially dead in the water because of group loot which imo is great just from a heroic raider PoV
    3. "Heroic farm gives them too much loot"
    They now have 1 week less worth of loot

All of these changes are just seeming like more and more of a positive and I can't wait to see m+ changes because they already got rid of my two least favorite affixes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I get it, but still, the lack of any information on the "presumably upcoming series" worries me, I love this sh*** so much, all the way back to Burdens of Shaohao.
    I doubt they killed the idea but keep in mind there's at least 3 storylines that are central to the flights that could be spoiled in them

The infinite
    Sabellian
    Ysera resurrection
    The sindragosa past
    Alex and the isles

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished work and checked my emails and got the invite.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Do we have any honour/conquest vendors anywhere yet? Not the "PvP Gear Vendor" for testing in SW/Org, I mean like the actual gear with honour/conquest costs? I've seen the bloody coin stuff in Val' but not the usual vendors. Want to see the ilvl and if there's even a reason to get the Warmode stuff.

There indeed was a new wave!

Quote Originally Posted by LordyLordy View Post
    There indeed was a new wave!
    Yep, I just got mine!