Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You misunderstood. Putin lies to public 24/7. "It's not war, it's special operation. Fascists run Ukraine. NATO threaten us. We have the right to annex these territories. We will nuke you." etc. Article truly quotes what he says, but what he says is bullshit. What was he supposed to tell his people? "Yo, we gunna recruit absolutely EVERYONE!". He tries to calm down panic escape, but enlistment will only get bigger and bigger after inevitable failure of first 300k.
    And you're wrong if you think everything that Putin says is diametrically opposed to the truth.

Clever young people is a ressource that's very scarce in the country already, and Putin knows that. He has millions of expendables to go through before that.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2022-10-05 at 02:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Petraeus: Putin is ‘literally out of moves’

He’s trying all these different desperate actions, but the fact is, the reality that confronts Russia on the battlefield in Ukraine is that Ukraine has a vastly more capable and larger force than does the country that is more than three times their size. So the reality on the battlefield now is desperate for Putin. There’s literally nothing he can do. It is irreversible.

There’s still an enormous amount of damage and destruction that Russia can do. They can punish and they will continue to punish Ukraine on a daily basis with missiles, rockets and bombs and so forth. But at the end of the day, they cannot reverse the situation on the battlefield.
    While Putin has signed the sham papers from the sham vote at gunpoint, pretending he now owns parts of Ukraine, Petraeus suggested Ukraine would earn them all back, then go after Crimea.

The sham referendum, the annexation — that doesn’t change anything. The Ukrainians are already taking back these areas that have been annexed as about as quickly as Russia can annex them.

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news...rod-in-arctic/

Apparently subs can dive and disappear.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKGWG_gZHn0

And trains can move in two directions!
    Last edited by Voidism; 2022-10-05 at 03:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    And you're wrong if you think everything that Putin says is diametrically opposed to the truth.

Clever young people is a ressource that's very scarce in the country already, and Putin knows that. He has millions of expendables to go through before that.
    I mean, sure. He is not lying all the time. But believing something will/wont happen, simply because Putler said so, is so damn stupid. And if he cherishes those young and clever so much, why did he allow them to keep leaving Russia in search for better future for years? IT sector was one of the biggest victims of huge exodus of talent that kept going on.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-05 at 03:57 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post

edit:

Well, you know, glad that the sub's been found, and most people weren't totally worried about the train, beyond "hmm...odd".

Quote Originally Posted by Feltima View Post
    The problem is the tug of war over borders. Every country involved sees this as existential. So it's never going to end, till we have WW III, and someone or all of us get wiped out then. Well, not all of humanity, I don't think the MAD really pans out anymore, politically or strategically.

If everyone turns out to be right about Russia not having a fraction of their Soviet-era arsenal, but even if it's only 50, millions of people in Europe will probably die.

If the US gets involved, a couple of strategic areas might get nuked, but civilian populations will have a relatively solid chance of not getting struck as long as it's not the east coast. Even then, civilian centers aren't likely. Europe and Russia will be decimated though. The continent would end up a partially irritated wasteland.
    If this was the case, then it is already inevitable and needs to be prepared for and putting it off allowing the aggressor to accumulate more power would still be the worse option meaning it would be better to deal with it now when the overall damage would be less than if they had more power and more time prepare and repair that arsenal.

Either way you cut it, appeasement is the worst option between it nukes or not.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Bulkwark lists an article with twenty demonstrations of FOX News being Putin propaganda -- intentionally or not.

Fucking twenty.

I won't go over all of them, but each one you read is less and less dismissable as a coincidence. Just browse through until you actually say "holy shit" out loud.

Here are my favorites:

2. Lower the temperature. In his Friday monologue, Cain proposed that “given” Russia’s nuclear threats, “Every NATO country now needs to answer a very basic question: How are you going to lower the temperature? How are you going to prevent global nuclear war? It’s really the only question that matters.”

The key word in this argument is “given.” Like several other Fox hosts, Cain accepts Putin’s behavior as a given but treats America’s behavior as a variable. This puts the onus on us to appease Putin, regardless of what he does. And Cain, like Bongino, has an endless supply of American acts or statements that in his view might unduly trigger Putin. He accused Biden of “deliberately provoking Russia” merely by suggesting that Putin sabotaged the pipeline.
    4. Submit to any nuclear threat. Last week, Carlson called for immediate capitulation to Russia. “Putin is making nuclear threats,” he noted. “Whatever the reason he is making them, the fact he is making them . . . is enough for any responsible person to say, ‘Now we stop.’” On this view, any dictator could paralyze America just by issuing a plausible nuclear threat.
    FOX News, this article seems to suggest, is pushing for the US to just hand Ukraine to Russia.

Fuck.

That.

I mean, sure. He is not lying all the time. But believing something will/wont happen, simply because Putler said so, is so damn stupid. And if he cherishes those young and clever so much, why did he allow them to keep leaving Russia in search for better future for years? IT sector was one of the biggest victims of huge exodus of talent that kept going on.
    Which is exactly why he won't make it even worse.

Putin thinks that even after all these people flee, he will still have more than enough loyal people who share his retrograde ideology and he will be able to just declare those who want to leave after that as traitors on the grounds of "Well, why didn't you leave sooner?" As he himself said, those who want to leave are free to do so, they weren't wanted in Russia anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    FOX News, this article seems to suggest, is pushing for the US to just hand Ukraine to Russia.

Fuck.

That.
    Plus, the basic concept of MAD as a form of nuclear deterrence really fundamentally boils down to "fuck around and find out, fucko". That's how MAD works. You nuke, we turn your country into glass. So you don't risk nuking, because you can't possibly win. Nukes as weapons are only brought up by those who are losing, and pretty much always just as empty threats, because they're completely unwilling to "find out". They're hoping the empty threat will be scary enough to get you to back down.

And, via MAD, the only appropriate response to such threats is "we'll vitrify your entire landmass, fuckhole, if you even try." Anything short means you're cowed by the empty fucking threat, which means you're both weak and the belligerent has the advantage, which you can't allow for.

Putin wants a legacy. "I'm the reason what used to be Moscow and St. Petersburg glow at night" isn't a legacy he wants, and that's the only way nuclear war is gonna end up, if he chooses to fuck around by nuking something.

Is this all awful? Absolutely. MAD is existentially terrifying. It's also the only option. You use a strategic nuke, and we all die in radioative fire. It's the assurance that you can't possibly win that engagement that keeps nukes off the table.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-10-05 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I think it was mentioned a few pages back but I cant find a link. These are designed for non heavily armored tanks. Which is good considering Russia seems to be out of those. Transport troop vehicles, civilian cars, planes provide little to no protection for people hiding in this non-exhaustive list. They will be FRM'd by them.
    You would think from all the news that Ukraine has dozens of HIMARS launchers. Turned out Ukraine only received 16. The ability to shoot and scoot makes it appear that it has more. The accuracy makes one HIMARS rocket worth 100 dumb & blind artillery shells.

BTW, didn't Russia claim that they destroyed 44 HIMARS launchers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    BTW, didn't Russia claim that they destroyed 44 HIMARS launchers?
    Russia's claims of most things in this war are suspect. This one was far more so.

Russia has repeatedly claimed to have destroyed HIMARS, either on their own or in small groups, but none of these assertions have been independently confirmed.

A number of prominent Twitter and Telegram accounts have said Russia is claiming to have destroyed 44 Ukrainian HIMARS.

Most of those reports mockingly pointed out the claim is unlikely given that's nearly three times as many launchers as the U.S. has confirmed it delivered to the country.

The claim was originally made on Thursday by 'Flash', an account with 47,400 followers which says it provides "information about war in Ukraine without fake news 24/7."
    So, yeah, it was basically Tucker Carlson doing a Schl...has anyone seen our favorite Russian recently?

7+ Year Old Account
    So, yeah, it was basically Tucker Carlson doing a Schl...has anyone seen our favorite Russian recently?
    He finally got perma'd some time ago. But still keeps visiting.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    But still keeps visiting.
    Oh, I see. I was legitimately worried he might be arrested, drafted, or dead. That's not sarcasm, Russia is a shithole right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I see. I was legitimately worried he might be arrested, drafted, or dead. That's not sarcasm, Russia is a shithole right now.
    Same with Cynepr (I think, the guy from Donetsk). Hope he's ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are forgetting Putin can still bring out the big guns and I’m not talking about nukes.

Remember Putin is best friends with Steven Seagal, you know Mr Hard to Kill. What if he joins in, any of you seen his movies.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    I really do not share this sentiment. Literally no sympathy for those willingly defending and advocating for Russian atrocities. Also, Russia as a real shithole is still yet to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I think people are forgetting Putin can still bring out the big guns and I’m not talking about nukes.

Remember Putin is best friends with Steven Seagal, you know Mr Hard to Kill. What if he joins in, any of you seen his movies.
    Fk, we screwed. Can USA lend us Chuck Norris?

10+ Year Old Account
    willingly defending and advocating
    I remain unconvinced it's willingly. Speaking up against the war can lead to being arrested or drafted to fight in the war.

7+ Year Old Account
    I remain unconvinced it's willingly. Speaking up against the war can lead to being arrested or drafted to fight in the war.
    Oh. So you think he was actively defending Russia and it's aggressions for years here in every thread regarding the topic (and keeps doing it on Twitter), just because he was afraid to speak against it? That he kept bringing up shoddy sources and arguing for days with others, simply becasue he was misinformed? That each time the ban was lifted, he was immediately flooding this thread with his Russian propaganda, because opression? Like, wut??? You do realize he could just not speak at all, if that was the case? Or do you think that FSB monitors MMO-C and identifies dangerous individuals? Fkin please! This deafens is so misguides, it makes me think you have never seen him in action.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-05 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post

edit:

With the proper missile, it can go in multiple directions at once.
    Well parts of it can...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.