Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    BBC is reporting it was 2 airfields deep in The Russia that suffered explosions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63857451
    any chat on the munition? saw ukraine were devopling a new drone via Ukroboronprom : The range is 1000 km. Warhead weight is 75 kg

but havent heard much about it since

BBC is reporting it was 2 airfields deep in The Russia that suffered explosions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63857451
    Ayyyy get fucked lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

The shit for brains vatniks have been wasting their S-300s to shoot at ground targets, and now Ukraine gets long range air strike capability...

It is glorious.

So those Iranian drones.

Turns out when it gets cold, they're nothing but paperweights

https://www.businessinsider.com/russ...2-12?r=US&IR=T

Yo @Ulmita could you tell us your take on how it was possible for Ukrainian drones/missiles to penetrate the impenetrable russian air defence systems?

The russia is claiming that it was ancient 1970s soviet drones that hit the airfields, and that they shot them all down but falling debris caused the damage. Sure, sure. The fact that they couldn't spot an ancient drone flying 1000km into their territory to hit their most significant heavy bomber base says a lot about their air defence.

In reply they launched another wave of 70 missiles, of which few seemed to have hit any targets. A lot got shot down, including by a Gepard Flakpanzer. The russia is saying 2 tu-95s suffered light skin damage. However, other sources are talking of 6-8 being damaged and there is also this; that is a tu-22, not a tu-95.. That is a little more than light skin damage as well. And it was already loaded up - you can see a missile under its wing. Ukraine pre-emptively hit them just as they were about to launch another wave of missile strikes.

So assuming it was Ukraine that hit those airfields...you have Ukraine capable of doing what appears to be notable damage 1K+ KM into Russian territory, actually hitting strategic targets.

Vs.

Russia who seem to just lob missiles around at largely civilian targets, for those that aren't shot down

Is that about the right of it?

The russia is claiming that it was ancient 1970s soviet drones that hit the airfields, and that they shot them all down but falling debris caused the damage. Sure, sure. The fact that they couldn't spot an ancient drone flying 1000km into their territory to hit their most significant heavy bomber base says a lot about their air defence.

In reply they launched another wave of 70 missiles, of which few seemed to have hit any targets. A lot got shot down, including by a Gepard Flakpanzer. The russia is saying 2 tu-95s suffered light skin damage. However, other sources are talking of 6-8 being damaged and there is also this; that is a tu-22, not a tu-95.. That is a little more than light skin damage as well. And it was already loaded up - you can see a missile under its wing. Ukraine pre-emptively hit them just as they were about to launch another wave of missile strikes.
    Those bombers are essentially archeotech for russia. They can't repair them anymore. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So assuming it was Ukraine that hit those airfields...you have Ukraine capable of doing what appears to be notable damage 1K+ KM into Russian territory, actually hitting strategic targets.

Vs.

Russia who seem to just lob missiles around at largely civilian targets, for those that aren't shot down

Is that about the right of it?
    Technically russia is hitting what they want to hit - civilian infrastructure like power plants. They just seem incapable of hitting major military targets.

- - - Updated - - -

russian sources are saying that there will be a new but covert wave of mobilisation at the start of next year - and in classic russian blame shifting, the mobilisation offices can't refuse orders to undertake mobilisation, but all blame for problems in the process will be shifted to them.

10+ Year Old Account

I think part of the downplaying here is also keeping escalation under control, by their own doctrine this could be cause for gross escalation: Nuclear weapons capabilities have been hit. But yes, it is of course a ridiculous excuse.

Technically russia is hitting what they want to hit - civilian infrastructure like power plants. They just seem incapable of hitting major military targets.

- - - Updated - - -

russian sources are saying that there will be a new but covert wave of mobilisation at the start of next year - and in classic russian blame shifting, the mobilisation offices can't refuse orders to undertake mobilisation, but all blame for problems in the process will be shifted to them.
    Amazing, it's almost Trumpesque how well they managed to keep that one covert and secret. Astounding that they haven't won the war, yet...

/s for the brainwashed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I think part of the downplaying here is also keeping escalation under control, by their own doctrine this could be cause for gross escalation: Nuclear weapons capabilities have been hit. But yes, it is of course a ridiculous excuse.
    Are you again getting a hardon for nukes? You need to think about something else man, it's not healthy.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Are you again getting a hardon for nukes? You need to think about something else man, it's not healthy.
    Fail on your part, I'm not YUPPIE, and I don't get a hard on for Nukes, I'm just saying that this IS a thing they could technically use. I expect better from you next time Slant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fail on your part, I'm not YUPPIE, and I don't get a hard on for Nukes, I'm just saying that this IS a thing they could technically use. I expect better from you next time Slant.
    It's not much, as that has always been something they could "technically" use.

They're still not going to.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

5+ Year Old Account
    did someone say nooooks?

do you wish to summon HIM?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    did someone say nooooks?

do you wish to summon HIM?
    It's ok, he's banned for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    It's not much, as that has always been something they could "technically" use.

They're still not going to.
    I don't think so either but being aware that these incidents can be used is not a bad thing. I was watching a YouTuber earlier today who had made a video about it and his conclusion was, "Nah, not going to happen." There's a few good channels dedicated to reporting about the war.

You really can't make this stuff up. The russia's fsb wants Ukraine's vice PM 'arrested in absentia' for 'violating the russia's territorial integrity' and has put her on an international arrest list.

https://novayagazeta.eu/articles/202...egrity-en-news

10+ Year Old Account
    You really can't make this stuff up. The russia's fsb wants Ukraine's vice PM 'arrested in absentia' for 'violating the russia's territorial integrity' and has put her on an international arrest list.

https://novayagazeta.eu/articles/202...egrity-en-news
    Those people are completely delusional.

Oops, my bad. Sorry.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Those people are completely delusional.
    No, evil is the word you're looking for. They know what they're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    No, evil is the word you're looking for. They know what they're doing.
    The two are not mutually exclusive.