Congratulations to your new GPU! Must feel fantastic!
    I would still consider watching a guide on cable management, but you're likely fine as-is.

Deleted
    http://kuvaton.com/k/YEIM.jpg

Thumbnails please.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-04-21 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    moved house recently and this is my new setup. it's pretty much complete apart from a couple of small changes. Firstly I need some longer monitor cables so that they can run round the back of my desk and up through the gap behind them. The problem is that I've bought 4+ 3/4m DVI cables now and none of them have actually worked. They either show no picture, or the picture flickers. That's why I have the cable going underneath my keyboard and straight to the second monitor. It looks really crappy but I haven't been able to get it to work any other way.

Second thing I need to try and sort out is the extra table leg. I couldn't find a 'proper' corner desk to fit my dimensions so I just bought two vika amon desks from Ikea and put them at a right angle - that means I have a random table leg sticking out which you can see in the picture. The good thing is that it doesn't really get in the way in the position I use my computer at, so it's not a major issue. I could use some under brackets to secure the two tables together and remove the leg but I don't think it will be sturdy enough to bother doing it. I'd rather have a sturdy desk and a slightly annoying leg than no leg and weak table.

Computer specs are currently an Asus z77 plus LE mobo, 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb 2133mhz RAM, R6870 graphics card, Noctua NHD14, Corsair 650 watt psu and it's in a Corsair 600t. I'm hoping to upgrade the graphics card soon, along with a modular power supply and possibly a new case. The monitor stands are Ikea Galant table extensions with the Capita kitchen legs screwed into the bottom. They're really quite great!
    Last edited by mmoce6d6d6a277; 2013-04-23 at 11:04 AM. Reason: images

10+ Year Old Account
    Coolermaster HAF 932
    Intel 3770K - 4.2ghz
    Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    Gigabyte GTX 570
    8gb 1600 OCZ Ram
    Asus Xonar STX Sound Card
    Yamasaki Catleap 27" 2560x1440 IPS Monitor - OC 120hz
    Yamasaki Catleap 27" 2560x1440 IPS Monitor - 60hz
    G510 Keyboard
    G9 Mouse
    Sennheiser HD 380 pro headphones
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    Coolermaster HAF 932
    Intel 3770K - 4.2ghz
    Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    Gigabyte GTX 570
    8gb 1600 OCZ Ram
    Asus Xonar STX Sound Card
    Yamasaki Catleap 27" 2560x1440 IPS Monitor - OC 120hz
    Yamasaki Catleap 27" 2560x1440 IPS Monitor - 60hz
    G510 Keyboard
    G9 Mouse
    Sennheiser HD 380 pro headphones
    pictures?
    also how are things working with 1440p + 120Hz with a single 570?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    moved house recently and this is my new setup. it's pretty much complete apart from a couple of small changes. Firstly I need some longer monitor cables so that they can run round the back of my desk and up through the gap behind them. The problem is that I've bought 4+ 3/4m DVI cables now and none of them have actually worked. They either show no picture, or the picture flickers. That's why I have the cable going underneath my keyboard and straight to the second monitor. It looks really crappy but I haven't been able to get it to work any other way.

Second thing I need to try and sort out is the extra table leg. I couldn't find a 'proper' corner desk to fit my dimensions so I just bought two vika amon desks from Ikea and put them at a right angle - that means I have a random table leg sticking out which you can see in the picture. The good thing is that it doesn't really get in the way in the position I use my computer at, so it's not a major issue. I could use some under brackets to secure the two tables together and remove the leg but I don't think it will be sturdy enough to bother doing it. I'd rather have a sturdy desk and a slightly annoying leg than no leg and weak table.

Computer specs are currently an Asus z77 plus LE mobo, 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb 2133mhz RAM, R6870 graphics card, Noctua NHD14, Corsair 650 watt psu and it's in a Corsair 600t. I'm hoping to upgrade the graphics card soon, along with a modular power supply and possibly a new case. The monitor stands are Ikea Galant table extensions with the Capita kitchen legs screwed into the bottom. They're really quite great!
    I freaking love your case man, looks great! Seems like a small area to game but it looks cozy

Deleted
    right 1 major update to my setup

my old card next to the new card, just to show the size diff

im quite happy :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    pictures?
    also how are things working with 1440p + 120Hz with a single 570?
    When I get home I'll try to take a decent shot. I bought the OC version when it was cheap. I usually play D3/PoE/Age of Wushu atm and I have been getting around 80 FPS on D3 and 120 on PoE. I don't play with AA and I use medium settings which look fine to me on the IPS panels. I was going to update my card when I bought the monitor but something came up. I have the money now to update but then people are saying 7xx series coming next month I thought I would wait. Now with people saying the 7xx is not going to be very special I don't know what I'll update to.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Finally decided I'm going to "mod" my old Antec 900 v1, will post pictures once I'm done.

Rough idea of what I'm currently planning to do:

Use a Hole Saw to add some cable management holes and route everything behind the board, now I have a fully modular PSU this should be completely possible.
    Considering covering the dull, grey mobo backboard with carbon fibre for a better look.
    Considering spraying the insides of the case, apart from the mobo tray in a gun metal grey colour.

Nothing overly exciting but should clear up my case a bit and improve it's look!

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    When I get home I'll try to take a decent shot. I bought the OC version when it was cheap. I usually play D3/PoE/Age of Wushu atm and I have been getting around 80 FPS on D3 and 120 on PoE. I don't play with AA and I use medium settings which look fine to me on the IPS panels. I was going to update my card when I bought the monitor but something came up. I have the money now to update but then people are saying 7xx series coming next month I thought I would wait. Now with people saying the 7xx is not going to be very special I don't know what I'll update to.
    OT a bit but I like and dislike Age of Wushu its a little akward to figure out but the combat system is awesome.

Deleted
    update: bought a 670 ftw 2 edition.

just need a modular power supply with blue braided cables and possibly a new case for my build to be complete.

Deleted
    Make way for this beast of a bad boy, you don't want to get run over. /sarcasm

It's not really bad either. Clock the CPU up to 2.5, possibly 3.2 if you're super lucky and you have a decent replacement rig. I also see you have the 4:3 version of 1920x1200. Wish there was a 16:9.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    It's not really bad either. Clock the CPU up to 2.5, possibly 3.2 if you're super lucky and you have a decent replacement rig. I also see you have the 4:3 version of 1920x1200. Wish there was a 16:9.
    Yeah, I have no clue how to, and if I break something I won't be getting a replacement all that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Congratulations to your new GPU! Must feel fantastic!
    I would still consider watching a guide on cable management, but you're likely fine as-is.
    It pretty much needs to be completely redone, I routed some cables through the wrong places e.t.c and i really cant be bothered to sort it all out some cables (like the fan cables you can see for E.G) just had too short a wire, and need an extension cable :P Airflow must be fine, even with OC's my peak temps are 60~65c that's with both at 100% load too, for 8 hours. thats an overnight furmark and Prime95 (at the same time) the 2500k happily sits at 80-90c and the GPU is good for 70-80 from what googles told me so i have no concerns.

But yea, the GPU is AWESOME! going from low to Ultra on every game i have is just so pleasing. Even for £300 :P

Deleted

Snow Storm

I've been following this thread for quite some time know. Figured it might be time I contributed a bit. This is my current gaming rig.

PARTS:
    CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz.
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition Fans.
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600 Mhz 4x4 GB.
    GPU: Asus Direct CUII Radeon 7970 TOP Edition.
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
    SSD: Samsung 840 120 GB.
    HDD: Western Digital Green 2 TB.
    PSU: Corsair AX850 with white sleeved cables.
    Fan controller: NZXT Sentry Mesh.
    Monitors: 3x BenQ GL2450HM.
    Misc: Corsair K90 keyboard and Vengeance 2000 headset.

Loving this rig. The only thing auditble is the GPU when fans are at 50% or higher. (Which is practially never).
    Also using a NZXT White LED Strip, though the pictures really don't do it justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    very nice and very clean, +1 internets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    very nice and very clean, +1 internets
    Cheers mate. Was going for a as little visible cables as possible. One thing that annoys me though is those damn USB and audio headers. When does case companies learn to sleeve the cables all the way?

Also, I spend around 3 hours trying to get all the cables out of the way. In my previous case (600T), it just seemed so much easier.

Looks nice Tamari.

I'd get a background that's made for triple monitors instead of repeating the same one 3 times
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamari View Post
    Awesomeness
    Absolutely stunning! Black and white builds are my favorite, you're making me want to go back to a mid-tower build so I can do something similar! Kudos.