Asuna Pop is on my server, Coeurl. I was in 2 or 3 of her videos. Haven't seen her in a while though, I think real life stuff got in the way for her.

I'm in this one, I'm the female Elezen.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-04-19 at 01:20 AM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I clicked without thinking lol.

Also I just did floors 1-10 of Palace of the death. How is the Xp reward based? Because it didn't seem like I got much for doing them.

If someone could explain this place to me that would be great

Its neat tho and I hope it carries over into SB.
    the XP is based on the floors you did and the job you're usings current level.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    the XP is based on the floors you did and the job you're usings current level.
    K thx, is there more xp if u do it solo or in a group or does it not matter?

Edit: Just got to floor 30 and wiped, Now I'm sad.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-04-19 at 01:54 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

If it gets to where you feel like your character is too weak, you can reset your progress and start back at level 1. Your weapon and armor upgrades don't reset though, however at low levels they may be synced down. This gives you the chance to get more weapon/armor upgrades before pushing into the higher levels.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    If it gets to where you feel like your character is too weak, you can reset your progress and start back at level 1. Your weapon and armor upgrades don't reset though, however at low levels they may be synced down. This gives you the chance to get more weapon/armor upgrades before pushing into the higher levels.
    Thx for the info.

Took 3 tries to clear 21-30 with a group due to getting a tank who just ran off after each pull. Kept pulling extra as we delt with mobs/traps. Got him again as my tank on the 3rd try and I had to pull out my tank pet on the boss lol.

Doing it with random groups atm, Is there a XP difference in solo and groups?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thx for the info.

Took 3 tries to clear 21-30 with a group due to getting a tank who just ran off after each pull. Kept pulling extra as we delt with mobs/traps. Got him again as my tank on the 3rd try and I had to pull out my tank pet on the boss lol.

Doing it with random groups atm, Is there a XP difference in solo and groups?
    AFAIK no, there's no difference between solo and group xp.

No clue about exp differences, but I'm guessing not. Even if there was, it'd just take tons longer solo. So if there was an exp difference, it'd have to be massive to make up for the time you'd spend in there.

Thanks for the post guys, Ill just do it in groups then.

Onward to floors 41-50, Is there some kind of special reward for this place? Like I said I think its neat and I hope it carries over into SB

There are a few titles, you can find them at the bottom of the dungeon achievements list. You can also get things called Gelmorran Potsherds, and turn them in to... Kotor-something is the name. You can trade them in for materia, orchestrion rolls, pets and a mount. Higher floors will have better hidden treasure chests, instead of getting the iron trimmed sacks or whatever you get at the beginning the go up like bronze silver and gold.

Also, when your weapon/armor are both at 30+, you can talk to another nearby NPC and he'll remove 30/30 from your gear (you keep any excess above 30 - so 35/32 becomes 5/2)and you can get a level 60 iLvl235 weapon. You can do it again and again for all jobs if you want to; doesn't even have to be the job you use in the dungeon. After doing that, get them up to 60/60+ (again, you keep anything over 60) and you can trade that in for a 255 weapon. You have to have already gotten the 235 weapon for any given job before you can get the 255 weapon for that job. IIRC 99/99 is the max. I wouldn't recommend trading in for a weapon until you can actually use it though, or at least really close, like level 59 or something.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-04-19 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    There are a few titles, you can find them at the bottom of the dungeon achievements list. You can also get things called Gelmorran Potsherds, and turn them in to... Kotor-something is the name. You can trade them in for materia, orchestrion rolls, pets and a mount. Higher floors will have better hidden treasure chests, instead of getting the iron trimmed sacks or whatever you get at the beginning the go up like bronze silver and gold.

Also, when your weapon/armor are both at 30+, you can talk to another nearby NPC and he'll remove 30/30 from your gear (you keep any excess above 30 - so 35/32 becomes 5/2)and you can get a level 60 iLvl235 weapon. You can do it again and again for all jobs if you want to; doesn't even have to be the job you use in the dungeon. After doing that, get them up to 60/60+ (again, you keep anything over 60) and you can trade that in for a 255 weapon. You have to have already gotten the 235 weapon for any given job before you can get the 255 weapon for that job. IIRC 99/99 is the max. I wouldn't recommend trading in for a weapon until you can actually use it though, or at least really close, like level 59 or something.
    Tyvm.

Just had a 3SMN and one melee class group reach the floor 50 boss. We got her to about 40% and wiped

- - - Updated - - -

Beat the floor 50 boss, The XP from 1-50 isn't really much. I got like 70% of a level (level 54) and it took me a few hours to do.

Fun tho.

Tyvm.

Just had a 3SMN and one melee class group reach the floor 50 boss. We got her to about 40% and wiped

- - - Updated - - -

Beat the floor 50 boss, The XP from 1-50 isn't really much. I got like 70% of a level (level 54) and it took me a few hours to do.

Fun tho.
    Floors 1-50 don't really give great xp, they're mostly used for farming Aetherpool (the PotD gear increases) Floors 51-60 are farmed ad nauseum for decent xp, but you can do 51-100 (and a floor 100 clear is requirewd to get the ilevel 255 weapon if you want it, same as a floor 50 clear is required if you want to i235 weapon) too as they all give decent xp. I remember getting ~15-25% of a level each run through from job level 51-60 with the armory bonus on floors 51-100, with higher floors giving not much more xp given how much harder it can get. 51-60 with a good group with ~50/50 Aetherpool can be done in less than 20 minutes usually. And you get tomes for doing it so it's a great way to level and farm for Anima or tome gear or whatever at the same time.

The great thing about PotD leveling is that you don't have to invest ANY time or money into leveling gear since the gear and stats within PotD apply no matter what gear you're wearing.

Aetherpool level and whether you gain levels for it when you open a silver chest are based on what floor dungeon you're on, the if you're on a floor that's close to or higher than your gear you have a much higher chance of getting an increase and if you're higher or MUCH higher there's a chance the increase could be greater than 1, up to 5 I believe.

There's plenty of guides out there, if you're interested that can give way more information but that's the gist. I plan on abusing the shit out of it for both Samurai and Red Mage.....me and a bazillion other people I'm sure. Quarrymill is going to be a zoo in early access and launch of Stormblood I assume at least I hope so because I'd MUCH rather do PotD than FATE farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Floors 1-50 don't really give great xp, they're mostly used for farming Aetherpool (the PotD gear increases) Floors 51-60 are farmed ad nauseum for decent xp, but you can do 51-100 (and a floor 100 clear is requirewd to get the ilevel 255 weapon if you want it, same as a floor 50 clear is required if you want to i235 weapon) too as they all give decent xp. I remember getting ~15-25% of a level each run through from job level 51-60 with the armory bonus on floors 51-100, with higher floors giving not much more xp given how much harder it can get. 51-60 with a good group with ~50/50 Aetherpool can be done in less than 20 minutes usually. And you get tomes for doing it so it's a great way to level and farm for Anima or tome gear or whatever at the same time.

The great thing about PotD leveling is that you don't have to invest ANY time or money into leveling gear since the gear and stats within PotD apply no matter what gear you're wearing.

Aetherpool level and whether you gain levels for it when you open a silver chest are based on what floor dungeon you're on, the if you're on a floor that's close to or higher than your gear you have a much higher chance of getting an increase and if you're higher or MUCH higher there's a chance the increase could be greater than 1, up to 5 I believe.

There's plenty of guides out there, if you're interested that can give way more information but that's the gist. I plan on abusing the shit out of it for both Samurai and Red Mage.....me and a bazillion other people I'm sure. Quarrymill is going to be a zoo in early access and launch of Stormblood I assume at least I hope so because I'd MUCH rather do PotD than FATE farming.
    Thanks for the info.

Ill look up some leveling guides, I was wondering if it was better to just reset and do 1-50 or keep going to 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf did I just watch lol.....
    I'm NOT going to click a YT video with a lalafell. Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'm NOT going to click a YT video with a lalafell. Nope.
    *Downloads video, re-uploads it with different thumbnail and title*
    *Links it here*
    *Evil laugh*

15+ Year Old Account
    K thx, is there more xp if u do it solo or in a group or does it not matter?

Edit: Just got to floor 30 and wiped, Now I'm sad.
    XP is the same for solo and group going in solo is just for more of a challenge.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Tyvm.

- - - Updated - - -

Fun tho.
    I don't have any characters over 50 that have run POTD but from what I understand it slower than pre-50. I'm currently leveling multiple characters that are under 50 though and spamming floors 51-60 I usually get at least a level per run (20-25 minutes) and sometimes 2.

Not sure if this is against rules, but I'm going to repost something from the combat revamp thread, for fun and visibility.

So in the Mr. Happy Interview Yoshi P stated he is considering set bonuses this go around, but likely keeping it to the hardest content. He also said the bonuses could be just cosmetic, or not.

I know some of you are against anything to freshen up the game from an itemization spot, but I'm kind of excited about the prospect. Someone had asked me what would a set bonus look like and I don't have an answer. What I do have is a wish list full of random ideas though.

I'd definitely want stuff like you 'dye' the color of your abilities. Imagine if I could shoot red Geirskoguls or purple ones? That'd be neat. Imagine as a BLM if you could summon purple fire? Blue fire? white fire? It's trivial shit, but it's fun to separate yourself from others and adds some customization and flair.

Then supplement the cosmetic side with gameplay changes. Imagine if now my Gierskogul has a new animation. Instead of shooting in a laser, what if it spirals around me, then shoots outward, thus changing it from a line to a wide circle AOE. I'd also bake in a damage increase to it to to keep the theme.

Say a set bonus looks like this:
    Set: Nidhogg's Wrath
    2pc: Empowers Gierskogul to fire in an outward circular motion rather than a line and increases its damage by 10%.
    4pc: Allows you to change the color scheme of Gierskogul and BotD using the dye interface and further increases its damage by another 10%.

This way 2pc (which would be easier to acquire) would grant the gameplay enhancing piece and a power enhancing piece. The 4pc would be the cosmetic piece, but also the other half of the power increasing piece.

Taking this system one step further i'd also like to see a system that allowed you collect 'set bonuses' and maybe transform into Materia. I.e. You could take your 4pc Nidhogg's Wrath set and store in your place on a manikin and transform it into Materia named Nidhogg's Wrath. Said Materia could be socketed (have the game limit how much you can equip, by color/slot, etc.) and allow you to equip more over time. This way you could build synergy with sets, add some horizontal progression, and some independent player distinction.

Not saying these ideas are any good, but they sound really interesting and fun to me. especially if they're built into the various reward systems the game offers encouraging players to participate in several different forms of content to really "build up" your character.

Please refrain from discussing "balance" issues, or opportunity cost of said changes. I'd like to discuss your wishlists for "set bonuses", both mechanically and from a fun/thematic standpoint. Feel free to comment on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    FF-XIV didn't do that. You could (and I did) have flying by the time you did the dungeon of the zone and have it for almost all sidequests.
    Is that accurate? If I recall correctly the MSQ sent you to the dungeon as the last thing you did in each zone, and it always rewarded the last available flight token for that zone. At that point the MSQ would send you to the next zone. I remember this quite distinctly.

The sidequests needed to be done to get the other flying bits too, so you wouldn't have flying for them either. Unless of course you were using a guide to specifically target only the ones that leads to flying bits, and ignoring the rest to come back too (but you'd likely outlevel them at this point and this seems like an exorbitant amount of work to bypass intended gameplay flow IMO).

Meh if they are gonna do set bonuses then have it across both Normal and Savage. Definitely Normal if it's just cosmetic crap. Savage raiders already have mounts and pets in terms of cosmetics.

This whole idea of only the best players should get set bonuses is silly. WoW doesn't do it for a reason. GW2 has runes which anyone can use and I personally love that system.

BLM set. Pretty basic ideas here.

Name. Vengeance of Vivi.

2 pc. Empowers Thunder to double the potency of Thundercloud.
    4 pc. Increases the potency of Fire and Ice spells by 25%

But yeah again either bring set pieces raidwise into Normal as well or don't bother.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-19 at 12:58 PM.

They should definitely make set bonuses available to everybody, rather than just something limited to high end raiding. We don't want a situation where people start demanding AS12 gear for something like Sophia EX. Cosmetic set bonuses would be lovely - allowing MCH the ability to 'glamour' their rook autoturret into a magitek bit and the bishop autoturret into an allagan node would be wonderful. At the same time, some of the most enthusiastic players where glamour is concerned do not touch high end raiding at all so locking it behind something that a very tiny portion of the community will ever touch wouldn't be wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just prefer them to not add set bonuses, especially if they would be different each tier.