Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lyse's awkwardness in so many situations, while possibly grating, also made all the sense in the world. She no longer has Papalymo to hide behind as the assertive leader/intellectual type, so she ends up thrust into a leadership role that's completely foreign to her. I think it leaves great opportunity for further character development...or they could use the whole "I'm gonna stay in Ala Mhigo and help rebuild" thing as a means to write her out of the story (without simply killing her off).

One thing I haven't liked, at least through the SB story: all of what, 2 named characters on our side end up dead? As much as I like Gosetsu, him not being dead actually disappointed me...but came as zero surprise since the whole "you never saw the bodies" schtick strikes again.

Just done Ala Mhigo. Loved the Guard Scorpion first boss but personally Zenos felt a bit underwhelming. I mean yeah it is a story dungeon but was hoping for a bit more oomph from the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just done Ala Mhigo. Loved the Guard Scorpion first boss but personally Zenos felt a bit underwhelming. I mean yeah it is a story dungeon but was hoping for a bit more oomph from the fight.
    More oomph when one of your dps's gear was broken (yeah that happened).

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Lyse's awkwardness in so many situations, while possibly grating, also made all the sense in the world. She no longer has Papalymo to hide behind as the assertive leader/intellectual type, so she ends up thrust into a leadership role that's completely foreign to her. I think it leaves great opportunity for further character development...or they could use the whole "I'm gonna stay in Ala Mhigo and help rebuild" thing as a means to write her out of the story (without simply killing her off).

One thing I haven't liked, at least through the SB story: all of what, 2 named characters on our side end up dead? As much as I like Gosetsu, him not being dead actually disappointed me...but came as zero surprise since the whole "you never saw the bodies" schtick strikes again.
    I was disappointed too, mainly because it was a good death for him as a samurai in particular. However, since he DID survive, I like that he isn't thrilled about it. It seems like he was okay with his death, he accepted it, and that he survived seems almost an insult, but also accepting "the kami aren't through with me yet." That Yosetsu (edit correction: YOTSUYU... brain was not awake) lives as well makes it at least potentially interesting down the line.

I am a bit surprised we didn't lose someone more than Kemp & our last Quarrymill notable.

- - - Updated - - -

It had a fair bit of oomph to me.. but you need everyone in their AF gear and no clue what's going on for any of that oomph. If you got in when people were in Ala Mhigan gear and it was their roulette run, you had a different experience.

We got hit by stacked Way of the Sword hits my first try. They HURT if you do that. XD
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-06-26 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I was disappointed too, mainly because it was a good death for him as a samurai in particular. However, since he DID survive, I like that he isn't thrilled about it. It seems like he was okay with his death, he accepted it, and that he survived seems almost an insult, but also accepting "the kami aren't through with me yet." That Yosetsu lives as well makes it at least potentially interesting down the line.

I am a bit surprised we didn't lose someone more than Kemp & our last Quarrymill notable.

- - - Updated - - -

It had a fair bit of oomph to me.. but you need everyone in their AF gear and no clue what's going on for any of that oomph. If you got in when people were in Ala Mhigan gear and it was their roulette run, you had a different experience.

We got hit by stacked Way of the Sword hits my first try. They HURT if you do that. XD
    "Yosetsu" sounds like the lovechild of those two stranded on the island. To call that a case of strange bedfellows would be an understatement. Then again, Gosetsu didn't mind being "in chains" once again...then the head stepping scene...

Hmm. *runs away*

"Yosetsu" sounds like the lovechild of those two stranded on the island. To call that a case of strange bedfellows would be an understatement. Then again, Gosetsu didn't mind being "in chains" once again...then the head stepping scene...

Hmm. *runs away*
    LOL, Yotsuyu.... I've been on vacation last week and my brain isn't appreciating the return to being awake in the morning, hence the mix up. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    LOL, Yotsuyu.... I've been on vacation last week and my brain isn't appreciating the return to being awake in the morning, hence the mix up. XD
    Excuses, excuses...I was on vacation also and you don't see me coming up with lovechild name bastardizations like that!

Course, I would decide to run with the idea, so I guess you can take the player off of Balmung, but you can't take Balmung off the player.

Excuses, excuses...I was on vacation also and you don't see me coming up with lovechild name bastardizations like that!

Course, I would decide to run with the idea, so I guess you can take the player off of Balmung, but you can't take Balmung off the player.
    L...lewd! o-o;

Have any of you seen those theories that the white dood is possibly Gaius? Super interesting and makes sense considering the Emperors reaction at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Have any of you seen those theories that the white dood is possibly Gaius? Super interesting and makes sense considering the Emperors reaction at the end.
    I have not, but I am intrigued by what could possibly elicit such a response from Varis. My initial reaction was that Elidibus had managed to clone the face of Zenos or something to that effect.

Estinien. The only character who knew what the fuck to do with the eyes. Which is what we should have damn well done after 3.3.

Estinien. The only character who knew what the fuck to do with the eyes. Which is what we should have damn well done after 3.3.
    Considering all they put him through, I think he deserved his moment of 'fuck you Nidhogg' before ending them. Going forward I want to see the Ishgardians remain part of it all, not just end up alone and forgotten the way so many story characters do when their content is no longer relevant in games like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Considering all they put him through, I think he deserved his moment of 'fuck you Nidhogg' before ending them. Going forward I want to see the Ishgardians remain part of it all, not just end up alone and forgotten the way so many story characters do when their content is no longer relevant in games like this.
    Yet Aymeric and Lucia were little more than a cameo appearance towards the end. I suppose same could be said of the Admiral and Kan-E-Senna as well. "We're here for our 15 minutes of fame, lol".

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I think it had something to do with the eyes containing too much aether, even after the wyrms defeat at the Final Steps of Faith. Estinien notes that "Used all of your aether powering that beast? You won't be causing too much trouble anymore". Paraphrasing here, because I can't remember the exact dialogue from when he decided to pop the eyes.

I think its crazy that the eyes had enough power to cause Thordan, Nidhoggs rebirth/fusing with Estinien and Shinryu before being exhausted.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said something along the line that due to being used to summon them that all the aether was used up and he couldn't feel any of it whatsoever.
    Right before destroying it said that even though the eyes are useless now hes destroying them just in case. Also said bye Nidhogg.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    3-4 lalafell standing on top of one another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Offbeat View Post
    3-4 lalafell standing on top of one another.
    ^
    That would've warranted the surprised face.

Yet Aymeric and Lucia were little more than a cameo appearance towards the end. I suppose same could be said of the Admiral and Kan-E-Senna as well. "We're here for our 15 minutes of fame, lol".
    They were included, and that's what's important, even if they don't play a major role. WoW would always annoy me with leaving various story threads completely ignored cos 'lol old content who cares lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I think its crazy that the eyes had enough power to cause Thordan, Nidhoggs rebirth/fusing with Estinien and Shinryu before being exhausted.
    They didn't want the dragon eyes for nothing, you know. Just one powered Thordan. Both brought back Nidhogg, and with their sum total of power and the sacrifice of all the lives at Baelsar's Wall, you got Shinryu.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

2 would've been more than enough if they weren't D-tier characters. It feels like they wanted you to be sad about Kemp's death but c'mon, I barely knew the guy.
    That said, I'm sure someone will die in the patches leading up to 5.0

Estinien going "I mean maybe but- no" and destroying the eyes felt like Square's sorta "We're sorry for this glaring plot hole we needed to leave" over disposing of them the first time, tossing them over the bridge was sorta a dumb way to get rid of them, even though it is better explained how freakishly hard it is for a mortal to survive in the sea of clouds and nobody considered the Ascians/Warriors of Darkness coming into play