Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Tell that to the Horde playerbase that is 50% blood elf. In TBC, most of those blood elves were night elf rerolls. Alliance had at least a 3:1 advantage over Horde then. Blood elves are the only reason the Horde playerbase remains stable. Throw in high elves and you will inevitably see a ton of rerolls over time, or even just new characters choosing the pretty Alliance races rather than the ugly Horde races.

Worst of all, it trivializes the entire existence of the blood elven race. The differences between a blood elf and a high elf are essentially a harsher addiction to magic, different political views, and different eye colors. As much as people get riled up over void elves, at least they are significantly different from blood elves.
    If you are worried about keeping playerbases stable then Alliance is going to need High Elves. Everything we've seen so far tells me BfA is going to fucking bury Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    As you've pointed out yourself, there are other threads for discussing those questions. As I've politely pointed out to you twice now, your posts are completely off topic. You are trying to derail the thread because you don't LIKE the topic, which is new Silver Covenant High Elf designs. We aren't discussing Void Elves and we aren't debating if the race should happen. What we ARE talking about is how to redesign the Silver Covenant without mutating them while still making them unique.
    If you thought this thread was just going to discuss your suggestions for High Elves, it was in vain.

In fact looking at the very page, your thread was derailed on the first post when you made clear this was about making High Elves distinct from Blood Elves so they could be an allied race.

So far, the biggest roadblock to adding High Elves as an allied race seems to be their lack of distinction from Blood elves.
    So the topic is about a potential High Elf Allied race. In other words, everything you don't like about this topic or what is being said is actually fair comment. You are not going to have a thread where people gush over your designs and critique them without the elephant in the room, that High Elves are by far the single most controversial candidate for an Allied race by a country mile, being brought up.

As you've pointed out yourself, there are other threads for discussing those questions. As I've politely pointed out to you twice now, your posts are completely off topic. You are trying to derail the thread because you don't LIKE the topic, which is new Silver Covenant High Elf designs. We aren't discussing Void Elves and we aren't debating if the race should happen. What we ARE talking about is how to redesign the Silver Covenant without mutating them while still making them unique.
    High elf threads wouldn't be as entertaining if it wasn't for OK and as of recently, the occasional void elf roleplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many people believe that with the inclusion of an ass-pulled playable "race" like those "Void Elves", Blizzard has finally delivered the death blow to a historic claim from a large part of the player base ("High elves as a playable race for the Alliance"), but...

Nothing more far from the reality!!

In short, the main "reasons" that each raging detractor of the High elves as a playable race for the Alliance always repeated over and over again were the following:

• Not many population or not enough background for them being playable.

• Too many elven races already.

• An existing race of one faction (or a very similar one) cannot be playable on the other faction.

• A very same race can not be represented in different ways (different models/animations) while still being the same race (biologically speaking).

And now Blizzard give us "Battle for Azeroth"... an expansion, that among other things, introduces not 1 but 2 new playable elven races (one of them being totally meaningless, without any background nor population), gives the Alliance a version of an already playable race of the Horde and even creates different models with different animations to represent the very same race (without any significant biological difference).

The Void Elves, instead of being the final nail in the coffin to put to rest the eternal claim of the High Elves as a playable race for the Alliance, have paved the way to the High Elves in the Alliance!

So... Now that Blizzard itself has silenced all those High Elves detractors by eliminating at a single stroke each and every one of the possible excuses that (theoretically) prevented the implementation of the High Elves on the Alliance,

The High Elves as a playable race for the Alliance is now closer than ever!!
    Our just demand, far from disappearing, has only strengthened!!
    For the Quel'dorei. For the Alliance. For the Ivory Unicorn.

OFFICIAL forum topic: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761997610

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    If you thought this thread was just going to discuss your suggestions for High Elves, it was in vain.
    Actually, I was hoping people would give their suggestions on designs and we could find/compile the best ideas. Mine were just a kicking off point for discussion of new designs.

I'll take your aggression as a compliment. The new direction is strong enough that you feel threatened by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    High elf threads wouldn't be as entertaining if it wasn't for OK and as of recently, the occasional void elf roleplayer.
    You forgot Northem. In his heyday he was quite the zealot.

Actually, I was hoping people would give their suggestions on designs and we could find/compile the best ideas. Mine were just a kicking off point for discussion of new designs.

I'll take your aggression as a compliment. The new direction is strong enough that you feel threatened by it.
    Firstly, disagreement is not aggression.

Secondly, your designs are awful. You can attribute that to bias on my part, but when your designs are more comparable to Jem and the Holograms cosplayers you should realise you have a problem.

Third, again a vain hope. It's all about arguing for a High Elf Allied race which despite Northem's enthusiasm, is not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    That would be a Blood Elf still a true High Elf wouldn't fight for those murderous monsters alongside the same monsters that wiped out alot of their civilisation and tbh I've alrdy lost alot of friends in game to the Void Elf trope they found it a final insult and quit.

Honestly I don't get why the fucking Horde players HATE the idea we might get something we want for our faction, I mean how many Alliance players have you seen say "NO" to Straight back orc threads and Brown Orc threads?? But are you guys getting what you fucking asked for? Let me think? Yes, yes you are.

I personally just think it's selfishness and a lot of the Horde players suffer with this attitude, "WAAAH NO IT'S MINE YOU CAN'T HAVE!!!! BUT I WANT THAT!" and you get it the Alliance is currently the red headed step child of the family.
    This is because High elves already exist in the game, they are called Blood Elves, just read your lore and accept that.

The High Elven civilization was wiped by the humans, Arthas was the crown prince of Lordaeron, the central Alliance Kingdom. Not Undead Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Sorry what, Yeah not even going to bother with you anymore /ignored.
    Mooom, these guyz do not like what i likeeeeee!!!
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

I mean his execution is pretty off but the idea is solid. Lots of colorful tattoo's/warparint like Alleria has would make them standout pretty easily from Blood Elves, combined with more "forest fantasy" hairstyles like twisting braids/unkempt hair.

Like I dunno if anyone ever played the first Dragon Age game, but it could be like a Forsest Elf/City Elf situation here, with Blood = City while High = Forest.
    Last edited by Krothare; 2018-03-11 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    As Northem put it. Blizzard did themselves prove the arguments against a new elf race is invalid by adding an additional elf race(to many elves before), small population(Void elves are just a handful), Void elves are based on Blood elves, same race to be presented(Nighborn skeleton, Void elf skeleton).

They have proven that it is possible to add more elf races in WoW. So there isn't any reason to not add High Elves at this point.
    Last edited by mmocfcf20dc9e1; 2018-03-11 at 02:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klance View Post
    As Northem put it. Blizzard did themselves prove the arguments against a new elf race is invalid by adding an additional elf race(to many elves before), small population(Void elves are just a handful), Void elves are based on Blood elves, same race to be presented(Nighborn skeleton, Void elf skeleton).

They have proven that it is possible to add more elf races in WoW. So there isn't any reason to not add High Elves at this point.
    Except that's naval gazing. Void Elves them rule out playable High Elves by invalidating any real reason to add them.

Want a Thalssian elf on the Alliance? Play a Void Elf.

Want a traditional High Elf? Play a Blood Elf.

Man you just, really really hate the idea of Alliance having nice things don't you?

5+ Year Old Account
    i dunno if its worth a whole new race, but the 80s hair is rockin

Except that's naval gazing. Void Elves them rule out playable High Elves by invalidating any real reason to add them.

Want a Thalssian elf on the Alliance? Play a Void Elf.

Want a traditional High Elf? Play a Blood Elf.
    Come on now, you would also want to play a Jack Sparrow High Elf!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Come on now, you would also want to play a Jack Sparrow High Elf!
    Why, will that option be offered to Blood Elves when advanced customization options are added?

Why, will that option be offered to Blood Elves when advanced customization options are added?
    More likely to Void Elf, they already got Dracula as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    More likely to Void Elf, they already got Dracula as well.
    Fair enough can't argue with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You know, if anyone is studying psychology, high elf fans may be great subject for your project/research. Like "Effect of prolonged denial on human brain" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Klance View Post
    Do you play 4 clients simultaneously with the different elf races? How do you deem it enough? The majority of players already seems to be playing elves, I dont see their thoughts on it being enough or they would race change.

We already have 21 tiers of Warlock sets wouldn't it be enough with 4? Why have 900+ ilvl when 4 in ilvl is enough? This is just an opinion and not founded on a solid argument.
    The single most popular race is humans, thus following this logic we should get four+ varieties of humans since that's what players want.

Or Blizzard could stop pandering to the elf lovers in order to introduce and develop more of the dozens of races in this universe instead. We just got a stupidly elf heavy expansion, and I'm tired of all the drama surrounding elves. Alliance got their Blood Elf model already, it's time Blizzard moved on to other races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothare View Post
    Man you just, really really hate the idea of Alliance having nice things don't you?
    No. I hate that some Alliance players have convinced themselves they should be able to play the horde's most popular race without being horde. I have no problem with the Alliance getting something nice and unique of it's very own. Maybe the reason the Horde's requests are being met is that ours are reasonable?

No. I hate that some Alliance players have convinced themselves they should be able to play the horde's most popular race without being horde. I have no problem with the Alliance getting something nice and unique of it's very own. Maybe the reason the Horde's requests are being met is that ours are reasonable?
    No, straight backs are unreasonable, it requires extra work, and it is extra thing on top of great races like zandalari trolls, who even shouldnt have different druid forms except travel forms, but hordies cried and they got what they wanted even though it was extra work