Void elf lore is a contradiction in itself.

Void elf lore: "We study the Void to defend Quel'thalas." Proceed to join the Alliance.
    Void elf lore: Small band of scholars studying the void. But we see warriors, hunters and seemly big numbers of them despite no explanation.
    Void elf lore: "What? Did you think my people use the void as a toy"? And yet they put void in wine, jewelry and any other cosmetic or daily applications.
    Void elf lore: "We learned to control the void and resist its whispers". And yet no role against all void threats in the whole expansion that introduced them.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-11-12 at 11:01 PM.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Your analogy is not accurate as Dark Iron dwarves were never represented in the line up of dwarven cosmetic options. They have a completely different aesthetic from normal dwarves. The only meaningful difference, aesthetically, between a Horde Blood Elf and an Alliance High Elf are blue eyes. A different eye color is hardly enough reason to make a completely different playable race.
    Yes they were lol. I believe I showed a screenshot before how they have dark skin and red eyes which is obviously supposed to be the "Dark Iron" option.

And if you look on Classic it's even more obvious that was put there for people that wanted to be "Dark Iron Dwarves".

That's a Classic DID. And your character dwarf could look like that
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2019-11-12 at 11:38 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    But if High elves then become Void Elves won't that make them hypocrites?
    They will have to become Void elves in the first place.

Let's remember that we don't know if they can convert more, or if they want to do it, or if they are actually researching it, or what are the reasons for anyone to willingly become such abomination that indulges the individual into a magical schizophrenia.

Oh yeah, and the risk of becoming dust, or something worst, oh yeah, so desirable.

Oh yeah yeah

5+ Year Old Account
    This is where I don't understand where Void elves are getting all their numbers from as from what I've read there were no survivors in Nazmir and a lot of them were Void elves.
    Me neither, and this also happens with the Death Knights and the Demon Hunters, we know there is a limited number of them, but there are NPCs here and there, and with Demon Hunters it was actually ok, but as soon as 7.0 hit we saw more Death Knights than ever, and soon the big number of them will make more sense given the new situation. But until then, the only Death Knights of the Ebon Blade that existed were from the third generation of Death Knights, years ago and loosing members again and again.

Oh, and Lightforged Draenei are also not very numerous, and they also participated in the suicide mission, but they at least are more 'normal' than the Void elves, and have been fighting for millenia on starships, so even them, being not so great in numbers, are more reasonable to throw in such missions than Void elves.

But with Void elves? Yeah, Demon Hunters and Death Knights at least were implied to have started with some sort of a population, like actual armies, but these guys were an actual team of researchers, such a thing, and even being secret, could have been composed of 100 members, or even 200 being generous, and these aren't numbers that anybody should be able to dispatch.

The only reason why Void elf population is pointed out at all is because it just throws to the trashcan the argument that there aren't enough High elves left to be playable, but even then this was possible to be pointed out as bullshit by simply pointing at all these 'near the brink of extinction' races, such as Mulgore Tauren or Darkspear Trolls, which were almost decimated by the Centaurs and Murlocs (Commanded by a sea witch) respectively.

The sad thing is that the population argument has to be repeated time and time again when it has been demonstrated to mean absolutely zero.

Hell, just look how the small numbers of Void elves are defended when pointed out, using excuses, some more flimsy than others, and they are available to players! It is just a big nonsense, but here we are, discussing again and again with the same dishonest people who just want to take a dump on the High elf request through lots and lots of meaningless arguments, for what may I ask, but the response might be so stupid I can't have the guts to try to guess it.

At the end of the day, the only important thing is that the request is about something that exist and is settled in the folklore of Warcraft. While that stands up, everything else can simply go to hell, sincerely.
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2019-11-13 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Yes they were lol. I believe I showed a screenshot before how they have dark skin and red eyes which is obviously supposed to be the "Dark Iron" option.

[SNIP]

And if you look on Classic it's even more obvious that was put there for people that wanted to be "Dark Iron Dwarves".

[SNIP]

That's a Classic DID. And your character dwarf could look like that
    That's interesting. It seems odd though that they'd add Dark Iron Dwarves specifically if they technically already existed as an option.

But if High elves then become Void Elves won't that make them hypocrites?
    No, if it's not a choice.
    Whatever...

Source....

Nothing we've seen so far suggests they're so different that they're completely different races. Every living adult Blood Elf used to be a High Elf, the change in name didn't happen ages ago, it happened like 15 years ago, if that.

What I said doesn't contradict what you wrote. I'm saying the race itself is already playable. I understand the argument that people want Alliance aligned High Elves and that specifically is what people want to play, I'm just reiterating the fact that the High Elf race is already an in-game playable race. The Alliance aligned faction is not playable and that's what people want.

I've already acknowledged that it's plausible lore wise for them to be playable and there's no lore reason for them NOT to be playable on the Alliance. At this point it's not about lore though, apparently, otherwise they'd already be there.

1) I never said High Elf is available, go play a Blood Elf
    2) Your analogy is not accurate as Dark Iron dwarves were never represented in the line up of dwarven cosmetic options. They have a completely different aesthetic from normal dwarves. The only meaningful difference, aesthetically, between a Horde Blood Elf and an Alliance High Elf are blue eyes. A different eye color is hardly enough reason to make a completely different playable race.

If you are a 26y.old latinamerican guy what make you different from a European 26y.old guy?
    Can you say that you are the same race.?

I think you are confusing race with species.

You high elf fans and/or detractors want to go check the frontpage, see the elf eye change, and then go direct your vitriol at blizzard?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    If you are a 26y.old latinamerican guy what make you different from a European 26y.old guy?
    Can you say that you are the same race.?

I think you are confusing race with species.
    You realize that every living adult Blood Elf literally used to be called a High Elf right? That the difference is in name only? That Lorthemar, Lady Liadrin, and Rommath all used to call themselves High Elves? Or are you insinuating that they all used to be European and are now Latin American (or vice versa)?

The analogy you're looking for is a 26 year old Caucasian Brit who left Britain to live in America and now calls himself an American vs a 26 year old Caucasian Brit who still lives in Britain and calls himself British. Because that's the difference between High Elves and Blood Elves.

You realize that every living adult Blood Elf literally used to be called a High Elf right? That the difference is in name only? That Lorthemar, Lady Liadrin, and Rommath all used to call themselves High Elves? Or are you insinuating that they all used to be European and are now Latin American (or vice versa)?

The analogy you're looking for is a 26 year old Caucasian Brit who left Britain to live in America and now calls himself an American vs a 26 year old Caucasian Brit who still lives in Britain and calls himself British. Because that's the difference between High Elves and Blood Elves.
    Ok what happen if you use/consum/interact with fel magic?

What happen with VE when they get infuse with void energy? Why that change makes VE a different race from BE?

What makes orcs turn their skin to green? Why just green skin makes orcs a different race from Mag'har?

Why can't that apply with HE and BE?

What happen with VE when they get infuse with void energy? Why that change makes VE a different race from BE?

What makes orcs turn their skin to green? Why just green skin makes orcs a different race from Mag'har?

Green eyes vs Blue eyes = different race? Someone smoking pot and getting bloodshot eyes means they're a different race? Because that's all that happened to Blood Elves for the green eyes, they simply used Fel magic to sate their addiction in the absence of the Sunwell, and many are getting golden eyes back.

Green Orcs are still orcs. Mag'har literally just means untainted, they're not a completely different race. Them being a different playable race, for game play reasons, doesn't mean they're actually completely different races.

Void Elves are completely suffused with Void Magic to the point it changed their bodies.

What happened to Void Elves is not at all the same thing that happened to Blood Elves, equating the two is setting a false equivalence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wrong.
    there is nothing wrong in the fact that they are the same race, therefore, already playable
    The Horde blood elves are playable. Alliance high elves are not playable, and any claim otherwise is either ignorant, or dishonest.
    don't realize or acknowledge that both groups you cited here are the same race is being ignorant or dishonest.

So which one are you? Are you being ignorant, or dishonest? Considering the amount of times you've posted in this thread, I doubt your issue here is "lack of knowledge".
    you know this can be applied to yourself as well,right??

"Playable race" does not equal "actual race". In fact, "playable race" only equals "a specific group within said race".
    nope, it is both, if it was, it would be perfectly specified, and it should not be "playable race "and instead "playable group/faction/organization"

As a human, you're a Stormwind human, not "all humans", for example.
    that matters zero, you would not get a "guilneas human" or an "alterac human" as playable race, because the race human is already playable and make little no no-sense, introduce the same race again as playable, when its already playable

In the creation screen there is "human" not "stormwind human,

Which is why saying "the race is already playable in the Horde" is not only wrong, but very disingenuous to this conversation.
    disingenuous is how you are trying to manipulate things here, saying "its not the same race because they don't use race but a group, then its not the same race" the race is already playable, it don't matter what group you are talking about

yeah, i know they are different groups, not all high elves are blood elves, but they are th same race regardless.

And this will fall even more underground since they are making the wildhammer dwarves, who are(or should be) way more different than normal dwarves as a mere customization for normal dwarves. Lets say that to me is delusion to think they will make the exactly same race with blue eyes in the other faction. People should preach way more for half-elves

Considering the position of many anti-high-elf in this thread basically boils down to "you just want our fair-skinned elves in your Alliance", I was simply curious if you approved of "having our purple-skinned elves in your Horde".
    Considering how many of the high elf fans desires only boil down to "i only want a fair-skinned elf" i would not blame the "antis"

- - - Updated - - -

nothing, or too much, depending on the quantity.
    void mutation?
    not just the green skin, but coming from another dimension and timeline, the blood curse from manoroth enhanced the orcs bloodfury, thats why maghar don't have like that.

because nothing like that happened, the blood elves only get a bit of exposure of fel magic, and they are exactly the same, unlike void elves and maghar, who at least, have different skin colors.

that matters zero, you would not get a "guilneas human" or an "alterac human" as playable race, because the race human is already playable and make little no no-sense, introduce the same race again as playable, when its already playable
    Hello? Kul'Tiran Human?

5+ Year Old Account

High elves are in boys. Just as Ion promised. Now ya'll can stop complaining.
    Last edited by Merryck; 2019-11-13 at 05:56 AM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post

It is only the intensity of the glow of the eyes of the DK and the night elves that will be less strong.

All other DK races will also be high elves, cool !

Dude, the problem is not just the void elves, is their narrative. The essence of that sacrifice was null. They were just NPCs who died. No names, no friends, no empathize.
    And the worse things is that there are more of them, so we don't have to cry for nothing

Varina was a great character: he did the same sacrifice and we cry for him. Why? Because he was well developed and we get in love with this character. We can't say the same for void elves.
    That's the difference between something well done and something stinky.
    You keep blaming the writing when maybe it's just you. That sacrifice was very important, since without the suicide squad the Alliance would have most likely lost the Battle of Dazar'alor, which was the turning point of the war. And there were a lot of people who empathized with those NPCs, especially with the Lightforged blademaster.

Also, can you speak for yourself please? You don't get to decide who I feel sorry for and who I don't care about. You didn't give a shit about the Void elves, cool, it doesn't mean everyone is like you.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Nope. Those are Blood Elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    You high elf fans and/or detractors want to go check the frontpage, see the elf eye change, and then go direct your vitriol at blizzard?
    Kek. No one wanting High Elves gives a fuck about what Blood Elves get.

- - - Updated - - -

That's interesting. It seems odd though that they'd add Dark Iron Dwarves specifically if they technically already existed as an option.
    It's probably because, stay with me here (not you, but to everyone in general), their development ideas/design choices change.

Pretty sure they didn't conceive of the Allied Races system during Vanilla for instance. And as they've spent more time with the AR system we've seen them change it up very quickly, like Jeremy Feasel said -> they're taking parts of it and being able to do things like golden/black eyes for belves/nelves respectively.

Then we see here that for SL they're about to increase customization options for every original race.

It's pretty much basic iteration, and they aren't boxing themselves down one way or another. That's why people should just keep asking for what they want, because Blizzard isn't limiting themselves, so why would people limit their requests?

Before if you wanted to play a Dark Iron, your only way was picking that skin option and being satisfied with it. Same for trying to play a Mag'har Orc -> pick the least green/more yellow skin option. Now those choices are just available.

Thing is, nobody can play an Alliance High Elf. Unless you wanna say "play a Void Elf", but that would just be like the above examples I gave. Options that are not satisfying enough, but the only one right now. Yet even when those options existed, you still had DID and Mag'har fans asking for proper options to play those fantasies - which they now can.

People making the High Elf request are wanting the same thing -> to play out that fantasy of being an Alliance High Elf.

Redirecting the focus to "oh but this race is available" doesn't mean shit really, because then Dark Irons and Lightforged and Void Elves and Mag'har and Highmountain wouldn't be options.

Imagine before the Dark Iron AR someone profusely repeating themselves going "you have Dark Irons just pick this customization option on existing Dwarves, there!" that'd be very idiotic.

Just because something is the status quo now, doesn't mean it won't ever change. Blizzard has demonstrated this multiple times already that it surprises me when there are those who try to use the argument "this is what is available now so just shut up and accept it." Like 90% of what WoW is today is there precisely because people didn't "just shut up and accept it".

- - - Updated - - -

So Blood Elf players can stop asking for Blue Eyes option then yeah? It's in now, just make a Belf DK? Let's see if they do.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Hello? Kul'Tiran Human?
    Nah, don't give a damn about that, it's always the same, you will not find anything honest from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, that is a good option for Blood elf DKs, move on. Hahaha, how over the point lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    It is only the intensity of the glow of the eyes of the DK and the night elves that will be less strong.

All other DK races will also be high elves, cool !

So there will be 25 High elves in wow, let's go for the 26th!

Game over. Pack it up boys.