10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    What would Biden do about the national debt? Instead of coming up with programs that only keep poor people poor would Biden get rid of those programs and come up with ideas that are designed to help people find jobs that they'd excel at so would be payed a lot?
    No... I’m guessing you can welcome deductibles back, because Trump’s corporate tax cut might be reversed.

Biden pretty much has zero chance of getting my vote because I already know the answers to those questions.
    Do you know what defaulting on US debt means? I can provide links to Trump saying it’s on the table.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

What would Biden do about the national debt?
    What has Trump done about the national debt in the past 4 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden pretty much has zero chance of getting my vote because I already know the answers to those questions.
    I do love posters who have done nothing but bash the left wing post that they won't be voting for Biden like that is supposed to mean something.

Newsflash -- no one EVER expected you to vote for biden.

Also I don't even expect you to vote at all because your posting pattern makes me question your eligibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Increased in dramatically. But c'mon the national debt was SOOOOOOOOOO 2019. We've moved on.

/s
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminder, the Trump Administration is very hostile to LGBT rights.

Adoption agency should be able to reject gay couples, Trump administration argues.

Not surprising, all of our Never Biden posters are fine with the status quo of this open bigotry.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    The only people who were arguing differently were straight Trumpsters. No one with an actual stake in the matter would confuse Trump holding up a gay pride flag upside-down as support.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Finally Jaime Harrison decided to take a shot.

https://twitter.com/harrisonjaime/st...54469438304256

It isn't much, but it is funny, and it makes a point.

I really, really hate that this is the sort of juvenile nonsense that is important these days, but unfortunately it is, and I am glad to see Harrison actually does know how to play the game. I am slowly gaining confidence that just maybe he does know how to win this seat. Lindsey is actually vulnerable, and as long as willing to mix a few punches into his nice guy act, he might actually pull this off. He isn't going to ruin his reputation by being vicious here, but this sort of shot goes a long way.

We just need more PACs to be vicious on his behalf. And yes, I fucking hate that being necessary even more then I hate that juvenile twitter insults are how you get to the United States Senate.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Adoption agency should be able to reject gay couples, Trump administration argues.
    Using our tax dollars, no less.

Not surprising, all of our Never Biden posters are fine with the status quo of this open bigotry.
    There's two types of them in this discussion.

1.) They say they don't care about "identity politics" and, I guess, expect us to support their goals.

2.) They try to argue the point, but most don't have anything beyond a surface level understanding of the issues. It's fun to ask them how they'd actually solve LGBTQ issues and why, without a plan, they're somehow better than Biden when the dude has a really solid record.
    Last edited by GreenGoldSharpie; 2020-06-05 at 03:19 PM.

Trump substantially increased the national debt BEFORE the virus hit. I haven't seen any recent numbers.

Hmmm, Biden and his "deplorables" moment? Luckily it's June and not October.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ry-good-people

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post

Keep trying, Trumpster.

Trump said a dozen things that were worse in his stream of consciousness this morning.

Sure Jan.

Maybe read the entire quote rather than the headline...
    “Do we really think this is as good as we can be as a nation? I don’t think the vast majority of people think that,” the former vice president added. “There are probably anywhere from 10 to 15 percent of the people out there that are just not very good people, but that’s not who we are. The vast majority of the people are decent, and we have to appeal to that and we have to unite people — bring them together. Bring them together.”

Biden is right. If you're offended, you're part of that 10-15%.

So you were butthurt that Hillary called you deplorable, and are now butthurt Biden thinks you are not a good person. Thanks for sharing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, not so much. And you're talking about the "deplorables moment" like it was a bad thing. Again, not so much.

Seems like you have some internal contemplating to do....

One difference between 4 years ago and now is that now, Trump has insulted so many people in so many ways so many times that, basically, your comment is just a flat out lie.

Ok, I get it, lies win elections, and if finishing the job of destroying America's integrity that Trump has embarked upon with gusto is what it takes for your side to "win" the election, then you are 100% in favor of massive amounts of lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    On brand for Biden.

Remember when the professional bed-wetters were complaining about Biden speaking his mind the last eleventy times?

15% is about right.
    Government Affiliated Snark

On brand for Biden.

Remember when the professional bed-wetters were complaining about Biden speaking his mind the last eleventy times?
    Trump supporters: I like Trump because he talks his mind and isn't afraid of being politically incorrect!

Also Trump supporters: How dare Biden be so direct and rude! He needs to show more respect and dignity, this is outrageous!

Last I checked Congress who makes the budget. Comes out of the House originally. The only thing the President really can do is suggest a budget, veto all spending bills, and just have the departments he is overseeing spend the money. Goes for every President from Washington to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Last I checked Congress who makes the budget. Comes out of the House originally. The only thing the President really can do is suggest a budget, veto all spending bills, and just have the departments he is overseeing spend the money. Goes for every President from Washington to Trump.
    Almost like republicans controlled both houses of congress and passed a stupid tax cut for wealthy folks the ended up exploding the debt...

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Almost like republicans controlled both houses of congress and passed a stupid tax cut for wealthy folks the ended up exploding the debt...
    Not like we've had Democrats and Republicans control Congress at some point or another. Not sure if we'll ever have another 1835.