Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post

A few social commentators and philosphers I've read have been postulating that this age should really be called the age of nihilism, not because were all nihilistic but that were all being born without a sense of purpose and were left to find our own and our own identities and an awful lot are finding purpose and identity in unhealth identities and ideologies.

But its only 3 o'clock here and thats way to heavy a conversation for this time of day.
    Remember, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I am more interested in Kamala and Pence than the next Trump debate tbh.

Should preface my response with a bit of clarification. My statement was also factoring in that these people were fans of things and hated things whilst being irrational in their reasons why. I disliked Captain Marvel because it was plain boring, not because mrrrrngh Brie Larson.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I mean, you can hate Last of Us Pt 2 w/o being an insecure male (as most of people say that the part where u play as the bad guy is too long and asisine).

Yea, but you could make strong female leads and make it well (i'm looking at you Ashoka). They could've adapted the comics/books and everyone would be happy.
    Agreed. It's the reasons why they hate the content that is the issue, versus the actual content. I dunno about adapting the comics.

My take on Star Wars films is they should be completely far and away from the Skywalker saga and should've been after the story ended in Jedi.

There's enough eras to explore and work with that don't require dead horses to be beaten even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    As a combat sports fan, just a bit of a rebuttal:

I know... the tired no true Scotsman...
    Agreed, see my overarching response. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    What’s up with trump talking about the proud boys stand back and stand by?
    Just wait until the inevitable What He Meant Was. I suspect the WH PR team is working on the way to suggest Trump meant "stand down" while also saying Antifa eats babies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Will Pence's wife be there? It could be one-sided.

I saw that. I know that Chile's future lies with China, and the US, even with Biden being president, is not worth the hassle.
    Yea, I can't blame Chile, EOD nations have to look after them selves, america can do its america first stuff but don't come crying when there old allies are alot more frosty than they were 4 years ago.

The UK where I am seems to be getting cosy with Japan, and longer term trying to build this CANZUK thing.

Kinda wierd in a way, it will be 100 years ago next year that Britain decided not to renew the anglo Japanese alliance to instead pursue closer ties to America which Japan saw as a future enemy.

And now Britain's just flat out ignoring america, not a peeps about Biden or trump, the only noise our parliament has made about America in ages was to tell Warren to shut up, sit down and keep her nose out of UK buissnes, not exactly the talk of allies. At the same time courting the Japanese.

I think the special relationship is basically dead now, at least at the moment. Even the EU-NATO war games training next months has a very minimal American presence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

Donald Trump ruined the biggest layup in the history of debates by not condemning white supremacists. I don’t know if he didn’t hear it, but he’s gotta clarify that right away. Why the president didn’t just knock it out of the park, I’m not sure
    "Some commie libral CNN guy."

FOX News. This immediately feeds into the What He Meant Was I suggested would be coming soon.

While Trump probably wants to earn points by changing what he said at the debate, or more to the point didn't say, the problem is if you allow What He Meant Was 24 hours later, you also have to include all the fact-checks that prove he spewed dozens of misleading statements shit sandwiched with outright lies. Sorry. It's both or neither. Either way, Trump leaves the debate a serial liar or a white supremacist leader, by his own admission. Everyone else knows it's both, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, I can't blame Chile
    I'm reminded of the line from Aliens.

You know, Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them fucking each other over for a goddamn percentage
    I may not agree with China on a, hrm, "few" things, but they seem genuinely interested in working with other countries. The US has proven under Trump it is not.

Remember, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.
    Agreed and I do need a drink after watching that debate

Agreed and I do need a drink after watching that debate
    I took paracetomols after. It was harrowing. And here's the thing; the debate was a disaster because Trump is a disaster. It had nothing to do with Joe Biden. He did the job he set out to do. If 31 year old me has a headache WATCHING, Biden is a warrior for actually debating Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

"Some commie libral CNN guy."

FOX News. This immediately feeds into the What He Meant Was I suggested would be coming soon.
    I'm gonna vehemently disagree that this was a lay-up failure.

This was Wallace establishing what the absolute bottom of the barrel for basic human decency was, and Trump insisting on bashing through that base and digging into the filth below. It took more intellectual effort and focus to avoid condemning white supremacy, in that moment, than simply doing so would have. It's a conscious, deliberate choice.

This was Wallace looking at a pile of dog shit in the street, and saying "you're not gonna eat that, right?", and then Trump saying "I'm not just gonna eat it, I'm gonna eat half of it now and save the rest for lunch tomorrow!"

Presenting this as a simple failure to achieve a bare minimum is unfair to how vile Trump's answer actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This was Wallace looking at a pile of dog shit in the street, and saying "you're not gonna eat that, right?", and then Trump saying "I'm not just gonna eat it, I'm gonna eat half of it now and save the rest for lunch tomorrow!"
    This made me laugh so hard. That is literally every Trump supporter in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    We're close enough to 5pm as it is, what's one hour earlier?
    Aye fuck it, let's get on it like a car bonnet

I saw that. I know that Chile's future lies with China, and the US, even with Biden being president, is not worth the hassle.
    This attitude is growing throughout the world. Basically, the US does not do nation building at a time when many nations need building.

The US is also throwing around way too many hard power demands. This gives us a few high profile victories, which are more than outweighed by lots and lots of low profile losses, combined with other countries negotiating much tougher with us on every little detail.

Then you get last night's debate, and your statement almost seems natural and obvious. for me, just reality for you, for China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This was Wallace establishing what the absolute bottom of the barrel for basic human decency was, and Trump insisting on bashing through that base and digging into the filth below.
    I think we're closer to agreement than you think. I would call giving someone the bottom of the barrel basic question an easy lay-up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    Didn’t see a lot of it. What’s up with trump talking about the proud boys stand back and stand by? Aren’t they a Militant group or something ?
    Find out on November 4th when Trump loses and blames it on election rigging!

Fun fun fun!
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with that 2nd guy.

"That wasn't a debate it was a disgrace"
    Most Presidential debates in my lifetime have been disgraces. This one just didn't go the way one side planned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Is Pence allowed to be alone on-stage with a woman?
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Most Presidential debates in my lifetime have been disgraces. This one just didn't go the way one side planned.
    I agree, Trump looked like a dementia patient who supports white supremacy.

If you disagree, let me know. If you don't respond, I'll assume you agree with my assessment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Just wait until the inevitable What He Meant Was
    Literally a few minutes later:

Tim Scott says Trump "misspoke" when he told Proud Boys to "stand by"

Sen. Scott is the only remaining African-American Republican in Washington. But look at this lame-ass limp-dick defense of IMPOTUS:

I think he misspoke in response to Chris Wallace's comment. He was asking Chris what he wanted to say, I think he misspoke. I think he should correct it. If he doesn't correct it, I guess he didn't misspeak
    The anus is now on Trump *cough* the onus is now on Trump to personally correct himself. I don't think even a spokesperson cunts for *cough* counts for this one. He's going to have to say it, in public, himself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Your close, It goes deeper though.

Why do people want to feel tough?
    Because there insecure, insecurity the feeling of vunrability.....what are they vulnerable to and of ?
    Well its there image there sense of self who they think they are and there purpose and reason to exist.

A man is a man because a man does manly things, if men don't do manly things or those things are nolonger manly then what is a man and there for what am I if all I've ever identified with is being a man?

Its that kind of thought that makes them insecure and afraid of the new world.

A few social commentators and philosphers I've read have been postulating that this age should really be called the age of nihilism, not because were all nihilistic but that were all being born without a sense of purpose and were left to find our own and our own identities and an awful lot are finding purpose and identity in unhealth identities and ideologies.

Thats the danger of freedom at the end of the day, that people have the freedom to choose wrong.

But its only 3 o'clock here and thats way to heavy a conversation for this time of day.
    I’m speaking for my self but my sense of purpose is to do something productive and beneficial to the survival of our species. Also the the success and happiness of my family and loved ones.

Imo some peoples instinct for humanities survival isn’t as strong as others. That in itself my bring the crisis of what’s my purpose in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet more fact checking.

West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin (D) said Wednesday that President Trump’s claim on the debate stage the night before that his state experiences widespread voter fraud connected to mail-in ballots is “just plain wrong.”

It’s plain wrong that President Trump would mislead Americans to think mail-in voter fraud is happening in West Virginia. There is no widespread voter fraud in West Virginia and any claim to the contrary is false.

The truth is one mail carrier altered five ballot request forms from Democrat to Republican in the primary election in Pendleton County. The judicial and electoral system worked: he was caught, charged with attempted election fraud and pled guilty.

Mail-in voting is safe and altering ballots is a felony punishable with up to 5 years in prison and a $20,000 fine in West Virginia, in addition to any federal penalty. To suggest anything different is just not true and an attempt to undermine Americans’ faith in our Democratic process and disparage West Virginia is wrong
    Earlier, I suggested that I wasn't going to list all the true statements Trump said, because I wasn't going to give him the credit of being honest for saying the sky is blue. I'm starting to doubt that would come up. Trump lies about everything. Last night was not an exception.