Saturday's quick report:

53,280 new cases; 742 deaths, bringing the total to 585,880. This time there were 13 states that did not submit numbers. Wasn't it 11 or 12 last time? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think they're just reporting late
    I'll give any state credit except Fuck Florida. They were caught lying about thousands of deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'll give any state credit except Fuck Florida. They were caught lying about thousands of deaths.
    FYI, it's not late reporting. More states aren't reporting at all on Saturday. It used to be 5 that didn't, now that number has more than doubled.

From North Carolina's Dashboard:

Beginning Friday, March 26, 2021, the NC COVID-19 Dashboards will be published Monday through Friday.
    Tennessee:

Coronavirus in Tennessee: State stops updating COVID-19 case numbers on weekends
    New Mexico:

It's the same for some others, though I'm locked out of various Stateside websites since I'm looking in from the EU.

They're not reporting late; they're just not reporting. It's why I started listing Saturday's reports as just as useless as Sunday/Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

Sunday's quick report:

34,736 new cases; 273 deaths, bringing the total to 586,152. 15 states did not report anything--I wonder how many of them are celebrating Confederate Memorial Day today...

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Roger Stone claims he was the attempted victim of a drone strike.

No, really. The Deep State that wants him dead so badly, managed to fake a gas pipe explosion near his location perfectly...but somehow missed with the drone, because apparently he can dodge more than questions and taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Roger Stone claims he was the attempted victim of a drone strike.

No, really. The Deep State that wants him dead so badly, managed to fake a gas pipe explosion near his location perfectly...but somehow missed with the drone, because apparently he can dodge more than questions and taxes.
    And obviously a "covert drone strike" was easier to do than just... I dunno, just having some "insidious deepstate operative" shoot him or something?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And obviously a "covert drone strike" was easier to do than just... I dunno, just having some "insidious deepstate operative" shoot him or something?
    Same reason that starting a forest fire, requiring a Jewish space laser, when a box of matches could have done it. It is go big or go home, if the deepstate was only using matches and handguns to get their way, they wouldn't be a particularly scary threat.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    Same reason that starting a forest fire, requiring a Jewish space laser, when a box of matches could have done it. It is go big or go home, if the deepstate was only using matches and handguns to get their way, they wouldn't be a particularly scary threat.
    And also remember that they have to be both so insanely competent and insidious as to perpetrate these enormous, globe-spanning conspiracies and operate them with absolute secrecy and control and yet simultaneously so incompetent and fumbling that they can't stop these random yahoos from "spreading the truth."

So they're "strong and powerful enough" to execute a drone strike in secrecy on American soil against a "true patriot and enemy of the deep state" and yet so incompetent that their drone strike didn't succeed and they couldn't have just found a way easier way to kill him.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an update in the lawsuit against FOX News and some of its hosts (like Dobbs and Pirro).

A lot of it is repeat news, basically them claiming "you can't prove we acted maliciously when we said something unproven and negative over and over, despite nobody else saying that". They're also claiming freedom of the press, which of course is funny after backing Trump who tried to throw reporters out of the White House, stopped giving press briefings, personally and directly attacked multiple news agencies including FOX News, and of course promised the most transparent administration ever which, being Trump, isn't even in the top ten most bullshit promise broken.

But.

These most recent filings under oath say "we can't be liable for quoting Trump, Powell or Giuliani because what they said is newsworthy".

(massive grin)

Good.

I can't wait to see these filings by FOX News brougth up in the defamation lawsuits against Trump, Powell and Giuliani. If FOX News is claiming it's the non-liable right for news to report what these people said, I want that introduced as evidence when they try to say "it was just a joke, we shouldn't be taken seriously".

I also like Pirro's defense "it was an opinion piece". In fact, I hope (somehow...) she finds and reads this.

*ahem*

In my opinion, FOX News contributor Jeanine Pirro knew what she was doing when she pushed unproven conspiracy theories as fact. In my opinion, she did so maliciously and with every intent to convey a negative "fact" without basis or evidence. In my opinion, she's trying to hide behind Trump's massive waddling bulk as a shield because she knows for a fact she's guilty. And in my opinion, she deserves to be not just sued but publicly shamed for being an insurrection-supporting cowardly bitch.

In my opinion.

You know where to find me.

Cuckboy Tucker Carlson, went on his show, and compared a child wearing a mask to child abuse by beating them in a store. This dumb fuck, literally tells people to call the fucking cops if someone sees a child wearing a mask outdoors and that they should harass people into forcing their child to take the mask off.

This motherfucker is going to get someone killed. https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker...masks-outdoors

Though, I am sure his rhetoric has killed a lot of people over these years he has been at Fox News.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    This motherfucker is going to get someone killed. https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker...masks-outdoors

Though, I am sure his rhetoric has killed a lot of people over these years he has been at Fox News.
    That's par for the course at fox.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Also the Knoxville shooting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    This motherfucker is going to get someone killed.
    You could make the argument he already has. We've talked about Richard Rose before. If you forgot, well good for you, but he was the anti-mask advocate who died of COVID. In fact, the most recent stories on the topic are random assholes (like me) commenting on his public social media posts after his death, and his friends and family objecting to this. As if his death somehow undoes his public advocation of a reckless lifestyle which would eventually kill him. Live by the sword, people.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...s-nbc-n1265457

Out of office, off of Twitter, still complaining about the election results — the last 100 days or so haven’t been kind to Donald Trump, our new national NBC News poll finds.

His ratings among all adults stands at 32 percent favorable, 55 percent unfavorable, which is down from his rating in January (40 percent favorable, 53 percent unfavorable among registered voters), as well as where he was in the poll right before the election (43 percent favorable, 52 percent unfavorable among registered voters).

By comparison, President Biden’s current favorable/unfavorable stands at 50 percent positive, 36 percent negative.

Even Trump’s pull within his own party appears to have lessened, with 44 percent of Republicans saying they’re more supporters of Trump than the GOP, versus 50 percent who say they’re more supporters of the GOP than the former president.
    Interesting seeing how quickly things are changing. Without the constant spotlight, Trump's support is fading. I'm pleasantly surprised to see more people at least saying they support the party over the individual, too. Still far too many cultish, extremist followers, but it's amusing seeing that no, nobody actually does seem to miss Trump now that he's gone. And many of us wish we'd never see him again, as he promised would happen if he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Interesting seeing how quickly things are changing. Without the constant spotlight, Trump's support is fading. I'm pleasantly surprised to see more people at least saying they support the party over the individual, too. Still far too many cultish, extremist followers, but it's amusing seeing that no, nobody actually does seem to miss Trump now that he's gone. And many of us wish we'd never see him again, as he promised would happen if he lost.
    Can’t help but notice how close Biden’s unfavorable is to Trumps favorables. It’s almost like the majority of those who find him unfavorable only do so because he isn’t Trump.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Monday's quick report:

47,456 new cases; 455 deaths, bringing the total to 586,611. The numbers are better than last Monday by a bit. Hopefully the rest of the week continues in that vein.

Stay safe, folks.

The fact that almost half the Republicans are loyal to Trump over the GOP should still worry them greatly.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Without the constant spotlight, Trump's support is fading.
    We'll see. There is not yet a significant effort to eject his fat ass, therefore, he can always come back, like all those shitty Friday the XIII sequels.

Where's your fuck New York? This thread is a catch all of whining about not Trump stuff, at least be consistent. Why can't you guys whine more in the pandemic thread where Cuomo does not get enough recognition.....oh wait, he's a democrat so you can't really whine about him. Keep up the hypocrisy.

Where's all the talk about states turning against the mentally ill men wanting to compete in female sports? Should that be here with all the non related Trump stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Where's your fuck New York? This thread is a catch all of whining about not Trump stuff, at least be consistent. Why can't you guys whine more in the pandemic thread where Cuomo does not get enough recognition.....oh wait, he's a democrat so you can't really whine about him. Keep up the hypocrisy.

Where's all the talk about states turning against the mentally ill men wanting to compete in female sports? Should that be here with all the non related Trump stuff?
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

That’s you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

On topic:

Trump's mass arrests for non-criminal protests at his own inauguration have resulted in a $1.6 million settlement. Because it turns out, arresting people for peacefully protesting is illegal.

Related: Trump tried to get out of testifying as to his actions in arresting said non-criminal protestors, in 2019, by saying "I don't need to while I'm in the White House". Well, that lawsuit is now moving forwards and, yep, guess what defense no longer applies?

Texas sued to continue Trump's border policy but the lawsuit was thrown out.

Powell's lawyer claims Michigan is lying about Powell's liability, specifically, saying her court-filed motions were "opinions". Yes, she's being sued for a baseless lawsuit, yes Powell is claiming nobody reasonable should listen to her, yes she's now claiming that she's still allowed to file opinion-based unreasonable lawsuits and not be held accountable.

A publicly-recognized hate group had Trump's WH backing when bringing a lawsuit, so much so that a whistleblower ratted Team Trump out for violating policy. In fact, the Education Dept tried to withhold school funding for an entire state. That lawsuit was also just tossed.

And a new one: a NJ prisoner sues Trump for "criminal" mishandling of COVID. This lawsuit is likely to go nowhere, but we'll find out together.

This is from the last week. Three of them are from the last 24 hours.

By the time y'all get back, I'm sure I'll have another five.