Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I always supported at all times that the night elves should have highborne customization options I liked that they gave blonde hair to the night elves we know that dath'remar had blonde hair when he was a night elf. I always told you, the shendrelar are part of the night elf society and deserve to be represented, where we differ is in the level of representation. I believe that the night elf society should be mainly druidic and secondarily have highborne elements.

but this is not the thread to talk about it.

I also support that the forsaken have elf customization, the dark ranger are part of the forsaken society, they live in the forsaken kingdom, they swore allegiance to the forsaken and their racial leader was an undead elf. the dark ranger belong to the forsaken, not the blood elves.

Sanlayn are cannibal monsters that on the only occasion that Sylvanas allowed them to participate in the horde, they worked alongside the forsaken and dedicated themselves to eating horde soldiers.

however I think that the void elves could have an undead elves as a customization as you well said many were high elves who died in the 3rd war maybe some of them wanted to return to work for the alliance also the void elves live in a society infused with dark energy and create undeads as we saw in zandalar
    The forsaken are not the place to have elf customisations. They are a race of undead humans.

Playing the blood elf race doesn’t mean your blood elf is entirely attached to Silvermoon. Blizzard, since DKs were released have actually allowed you to play as other factions of your race.

As a blood elf player mow you are not limited to the Silvermoon faction, so why should you only have one type of thalassian? You easily accept the Illidari Thalassian and he is not pristine nor is he a Silvermoon elf, same with the DK blood elf, why fight more customisations for blood elf?

Having a dark fallen customisation doesn’t mean the darkfallen are allied with Silvermoon or that Silvermoon likes them. It means that these are also Thalassian elves you can play as and they should be part of the Thalassian race, not the forsaken humans.

Id play a Void Elf as a High Elf ... sadly they dont have a Paladin option . .and what's the point of being any other kind of High Elf ?.

Perhaps when they have class parity with Belfs I will reconsider my views, till then they dont make a worthy alternative to Belfs for the true High Elf playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Id play a Void Elf as a High Elf ... sadly they dont have a Paladin option . .and what's the point of being any other kind of High Elf ?.

Perhaps when they have class parity with Belfs I will reconsider my views, till then they dont make a worthy alternative to Belfs for the true High Elf playstyle.
    The first high elf in warcraft was archers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    The forsaken are not the place to have elf customisations. They are a race of undead humans.

Playing the blood elf race doesn’t mean your blood elf is entirely attached to Silvermoon. Blizzard, since DKs were released have actually allowed you to play as other factions of your race.

As a blood elf player mow you are not limited to the Silvermoon faction, so why should you only have one type of thalassian? You easily accept the Illidari Thalassian and he is not pristine nor is he a Silvermoon elf, same with the DK blood elf, why fight more customisations for blood elf?

Having a dark fallen customisation doesn’t mean the darkfallen are allied with Silvermoon or that Silvermoon likes them. It means that these are also Thalassian elves you can play as and they should be part of the Thalassian race, not the forsaken humans.
    The Forsaken are a faction of several undead races, not just humans.

I accept and I like that they have illidari and ebon blade. but they have a different starting zone and lore that makes it clear and explicit that they are a different faction.
    the dark ranger are part of the forsaken and should be forsaken customization or maybe a hero class

I accept and I like that they have illidari and ebon blade. but they have a different starting zone and lore that makes it clear and explicit that they are a different faction.
    Canon starting experience is Exile's Reach now, which is focused more on a faction and less on particular races and it would perfectly allow undead blood elf not aligned directly with Silvermoon. Blood elf starting zone is frozen in TBC timeline and is tragicaly outdated.

the dark ranger are part of the forsaken and should be forsaken customization or maybe a hero class
    Adding these options on blood elves is technicaly way more easy then developing them on a Forsaken, who have vastly different models and assets... and as we've seen on new void elf features, Blizzard tends to go the easy route and transfer existing features... so I'd say odds are that it's more reasonable to expect undead features on blood elves then elf features on Forsaken.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Canon starting experience is Exile's Reach now, which is focused more on a faction and less on particular races and it would perfectly allow undead blood elf not aligned directly with Silvermoon. Blood elf starting zone is frozen in TBC timeline and is tragicaly outdated.

Adding these options on blood elves is technicaly way more easy then developing them on a Forsaken, who have vastly different models and assets... and as we've seen on new void elf features, Blizzard tends to go the easy route and transfer existing features... so I'd say odds are that it's more reasonable to expect undead features on blood elves then elf features on Forsaken.
    but then how would you justify undead Paladins and Demon Hunters?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    but then how would you justify undead Paladins and Demon Hunters?
    You can lock these options for paladins in a similar way DHs and DKs don't have access to regular eye customizations of the race. As for DHs, we've already seen that DH souls can return to their bodies even after Death (Illidan, Loramus Thalipedes). They would not be most likely regular undead, but I certainly can imagine a character backstory of a DH, whose soul returned to it's body from Twisting Nether, but the body itself is not that pristine anymore...

The first high elf in warcraft was archers

The Forsaken are a faction of several undead races, not just humans.
    But you can only play a forsaken human, because only the humans are forsaken. Sure you have other types of undead, but the vast majority are human. The darkfallen and san'layn are not part of the forsaken, nor allied to them. The only elves there are a bunch of banshee's like Sylvanas who are her dark ranger ensemble. Just saying, you won't put undead elves in an undead human section for playability, not when the elf already has the everything except the red colour eyes available.

undead faces? check
    skin tones check.

only thing missing to make your darkfallen fantasy are red eyes, and allowing the DK undead faces to be available toall blood elf classes. (they could exempt paladin if they wanted).

the dark ranger are part of the forsaken and should be forsaken customization or maybe a hero class[/QUOTE]

Except it's not just the dark ranger, it's the entire darkfallen ensemble, which is sub-race of undead elves of which you can count dark rangers amongst them. Opening up the customisation goes beyond just providing dark ranger fantasies, it provides darkfallen fantasy.

But you can only play a forsaken human, because only the humans are forsaken. Sure you have other types of undead, but the vast majority are human. The darkfallen and san'layn are not part of the forsaken, nor allied to them. The only elves there are a bunch of banshee's like Sylvanas who are her dark ranger ensemble. Just saying, you won't put undead elves in an undead human section for playability, not when the elf already has the everything except the red colour eyes available.

undead faces? check
    skin tones check.

only thing missing to make your darkfallen fantasy are red eyes, and allowing the DK undead faces to be available toall blood elf classes. (they could exempt paladin if they wanted).

Except it's not just the dark ranger, it's the entire darkfallen ensemble, which is sub-race of undead elves of which you can count dark rangers amongst them. Opening up the customisation goes beyond just providing dark ranger fantasies, it provides darkfallen fantasy.[/QUOTE]

the san'layn are not even part of the horde, they are cannibal monsters that ate horde soldiers

the san'layn are not even part of the horde, they are cannibal monsters that ate horde soldiers
    Last I checked neither were the Ebon Blade nor the Illidari

And the Argent Dawn and Cenarion Circle don’t need to be part of the factions for you to roleplay and Argent Dawn or Silverhand Paladin nor a Cenarion Circle or Dreamwardrn Druid.

If that message didn’t sink in with the hero classes surely it did with the Class Order halls.

The race or group’s faction doesn’t need to be on the horde or alliance to be playable

Excuse me, but I see some better High Elf options than a Paladin. Mages are THE iconic class for any High Elf, be it on Alliance or Horde side, same goes for Hunters. Also Priests, Warlocks and Rogues. Only then HE Paladins would come into my mind.
    For Blood Elves Paladins are much more important since they have been the first race which brought this class into the Horde. Have they not been the first Elven Paladins at all?

Last I checked neither were the Ebon Blade nor the Illidari

And the Argent Dawn and Cenarion Circle don’t need to be part of the factions for you to roleplay and Argent Dawn or Silverhand Paladin nor a Cenarion Circle or Dreamwardrn Druid.

If that message didn’t sink in with the hero classes surely it did with the Class Order halls.

The race or group’s faction doesn’t need to be on the horde or alliance to be playable
    vampyr as a hero class? human vampyr

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Have they not been the first Elven Paladins at all?
    There's Mehlar Dawnblade who was a Silver Hand Paladin but he's part of the Blood Knights
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    There's Mehlar Dawnblade who was a Silver Hand Paladin but he's part of the Blood Knights
    High elves were never an iconic paladin race and its true. If you talk about iconic high elf classes, there are 3 realy. Priest, mage and hunter.

Paladin/blood knight has been blood elf thing for a while and have been very forefront ad iconic since their intro.

Mehlar was part of that tbc batch of paladins, so hardly a good refenrence for high elves imo.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-12-01 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    High elves were never an iconic paladin race and its true. If you talk about iconic high elf classes, there are 3 realy. Priest, mage and hunter.

Paladin/blood knight has been blood elf thing for a while and have been very forefront ad iconic since their intro.

Mehlar was part of that tbc batch of paladins, so hardly a good refenrence for high elves imo.
    Correct. For high elves it was really priest Mage and Hunter.

While for blood elves that turned into Mage, Paladin and hunter

Still baffled at the people that think that Paladin is by any means a necessity for High Elf fantasy. It's not iconic of High Elves, not even representative. It just reads as such a misunderstanding of what High Elves are on the Warcraft universe.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Still baffled at the people that think that Paladin is by any means a necessity for High Elf fantasy. It's not iconic of High Elves, not even representative. It just reads as such a misunderstanding of what High Elves are on the Warcraft universe.
    Don't care, until Void Elfs have class parity with Belfs they are nothing more than an inferior option, they are the paupers of the elven world.

Unless you like playing a human paladin ...humans are nothing more than intelligent apes .. filthy beasts.

So ill stick with Blood Elves as my goto High Elf race.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2021-12-02 at 07:39 AM.

Don't care, until Void Elfs have class parity with Belfs they are nothing more than an inferior option, they are the paupers of the elven world.

Unless you like playing a human paladin ...humans are nothing more than intelligent apes .. filthy beasts.
    And yet your elves really like these "intelligent apes" and "filthy beasts" like Jaina, Turalyon, Nathanos, Rhonin. Ironic.

3+ Year Old Account

well my point is - the only High Elf Paladin pre-Blood Knight is part of the Horde

- - - Updated - - -

So ill stick with Blood Elves as my goto High Elf race.
    perhaps giving Void Elves fair skin was a mistake and they should've given Stormwindians long ear and long brow options instead

I think Dark Rangers and returning San'layn would make perfect force for defending Ghostlands against remnants of the Scourge, which are still there (as seen in Three Sisters comic). That would help Farstriders a greatly in securing Quel'thalas against other threats, possibly only Amani now (I guess Wretched were already dealt with years ago, as well as intruding night elves).
    They make so many references to the Dark Rangers being former Quel'dorei Farstriders, but yet we see little interaction between them and the current Sin'dorei Farstriders.
    Whenever we see the Sin'dorei Farstriders, it's usually alongside the Quel'dorei Rangers or the Kaldorei Sentinels and whilst it's good to see, I think the Horde Farstriders should also get to work with their Dark Ranger colleagues. (Not the night elf ones though - why Delaryn was given the "Dark Ranger Captain" over Velonara is beyond me.)

- - - Updated - - -

Given that eye glow is a result of magic school elves practise or are exposed to, red eyes might be also nice for displaying sin'dorei connection to the fire element, there might be different variants of red eyes on blood elves. Also, expanding on use of blood magic on blood elves is also pretty cool, I'm up for that.

Also, this should be a Horde thing. There is no way void elves should get that while blood elves do not.
    True, but I think the "red eyes" are so popular with the Dark Rangers, so most people would just role with a "Dark Ranger RP" arc or a "San'layn" arc.
    If we remember the 8.0 campaign, if you looked closely enough, all of the Blood Prince's minions had red eyes.

I don't understand why Rhlor wants red eyes to be given to Void Elves, but not Blood Elves. I mean, Void colours aren't truly "red" to be honest. It's a combination of black, purple and orange. Red eyes for Thalassian Elves has always been a sign of undeath and it's most popular amongst the Horde Thalassian Elves, whether they are raised Sin'dorei (Lorash) or fallen Quel'dorei during the Third War (Velonara.)
    (They've gone weird with Sylvanas and those blue eyes.)
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-12-02 at 08:59 AM.

Tauren Paladins weren't iconic either and here we are. At this point I think fanservicing elf paladins to the alliance is not something that lore can avoid.