Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    50% of their strength is russian regulars or pmc.
    By which estimates and in which parts of their army?

Not to mention the leaders of the DNR and LNR took Russian passports recently lol.
    "Russian passport" isn't some kind of magic troop-summoning artifact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Yeah, all those constant flare ups, doing flare things all the time.
    You should educate yourself if you're so interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So in between invasions Russia is letting their proxies do the dirty work. Not really a great defense dude…
    It's "locals defending their homeland". Many of them literally born there.

The quotes being key here. It doesn’t make them any less of Russian proxies.
    Being "proxy" doesn't remove their right to be there and defend themselves.

Except they’re the aggressors in this case. So, yeah.
    "Who was aggressor in East Ukraine" make little difference to what happens there now.

Not even denying it at this point. You’re admitting Russia fucked it all up and now we should just let them take it because they made it bad. Fuck off with that shit.
    Ukrainians were the ones fucking it all up. We simply took sides there, just like US did.

And we already offered Ukrainians good non-military settlement that can stop the fighting.

Maybe they are afraid that US and EU will lose interest in them if conflict will die out; their bi-annual "scare-the-West" got a bit out of hand this time though.

Riiiight, you totally weren’t sending in agents to instigate the issues.
    There were plenty of actual volunteers willing to help locals - who had seen it as good opportunity to wring some concessions out of Kiev after West Ukraine did exact same thing with city administration/arsenal takeovers.

Didn't expect Kiev will dare to actually bomb them with artillery and airstrikes; but, well, once they did the course was set to respond in kind.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2022-01-25 at 09:45 PM.

To the people talking about Russian troops in Donbas - combat units of both "republics" ARE primarily locals. Shalcker, for once, is actually right, because even a broken clock shows correct time twice a day.
    There are, of course, people from Moscow coordinating things, the usual instructors, there is some level of material and technical support, but the boots on the ground - almost all locals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO I guess TYT is now fully on board with the "NATO/US aggressor" narrative currently being pushed by Russia.

I'd say I was surprised, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    LMAO I guess TYT is now fully on board with the "NATO/US aggressor" narrative currently being pushed by Russia.

I'd say I was surprised, but...

Well is the West acting hysterical? Maybe, but it's not a bad strategy imho. It puts pressure on Russia, who'll keep insisting that even tho they wanted us to think they might invade, they want. In the end they'll spend months insisting they arent about to invade, exposing their bullshit even more if they do, even tho we know they wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Well is the West acting hysterical? Maybe, but it's not a bad strategy imho. It puts pressure on Russia, who'll keep insisting that even tho they wanted us to think they might invade, they want. In the end they'll spend months insisting they arent about to invade, exposing their bullshit even more if they do, even tho we know they wont.
    You are the only ones still claiming "Russia is about to invade" at this point, even Ukraine backed off from it.

...so, isn't it Western bullshit that is going to be exposed? Spending months talking how Russia is about to invade with no invasion in sight?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    You are the only ones still claiming "Russia is about to invade" at this point, even Ukraine backed off from it.

...so, isn't it Western bullshit that is going to be exposed? Spending months talking how Russia is about to invade with no invasion in sight?
    If some drunk bloke fucks around in front of your house, threatening you and you tell him you'll shoot him in the face if he tries anything, so he doesn't because he's a chickenshit, that's all working as intended. Now if the drunk asshole could also return the lawnmower he stole, that would be peachy.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    you wouldn't care and always keep your head low because Putin murders anyone that sets their ambitions a little over. All those window dropping stories, poisonings, and mysterious deaths in Russia over the years. Just fucking awful how the people are controlled through fear.
    The US does exactly the same, you people are also controlled by fear and lies on TV. The west literally drone-strikes women and children in the middle east just for fun.

-----

What the west have done to save the Uyghurs in China?
    What the west have done to stop the Venezuelan crisis?

Thats the answer for what will happen if Russia goes and invades Ukraine is the same: sanctions, harsh words and silly memes against the aggresor.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    The US does exactly the same, you people are also controlled by fear and lies on TV. The west literally drone-strikes women and children in the middle east just for fun.

-----

What the west have done to save the Uyghurs in China?
    What the west have done to stop the Venezuelan crisis?

Thats the answer for what will happen if Russia goes and invades Ukraine is the same: sanctions, harsh words and silly memes against the aggresor.
    Are you kidding ? If the "West" would do something about those issues, they would be called out for western imperialism. Make up your mind.

Hence me calling them proxies from the start. Keep up kiddo.
    Proxies are debatable (I prefer term "useful idiots") + the definition is way too stretchable, but - the "discussion" by Jonny was about how half of them are Russia's troops, which is just wrong. Keep up yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Are you kidding ? If the "West" would do something about those issues, they would be called out for western imperialism. Make up your mind.
    I dont think that the fear of being called an "evil imperialists" its what stops the US and its allies from intervening against countries with actual armies (because they attack small nations all the time). Its just common sense, nobody wants a "real" war.

Russia knows this, it defines their foreign policy, the US is scared of fighting against bigger nations, they can bully their neighbors and take all the sanctions with a smile in their face. China does the same.
    --

I dont think that the fear of being called an "evil imperialists" its what stops the US and its allies from intervening against countries with actual armies (because they attack small nations all the time). Its just common sense, nobody wants a "real" war.

Russia knows this, it defines their foreign policy, the US is scared of fighting against bigger nations, they can bully their neighbors and take all the sanctions with a smile in their face. China does the same.
    Thats some massive bullshit. Jesus you Putin/Russia lovers are off your rockers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Thats some massive bullshit. Jesus you Putin/Russia lovers are off your rockers.
    I heavily dislike Putin.

Im just pointing at facts. The US only wages wars against small or weaker nations, they have the strongest military on the world but they also know how disastrous a war against any big nation can be.
    --

I heavily dislike Putin.

Im just pointing at facts. The US only wages wars against small or weaker nations, they have the strongest military on the world but they also know how disastrous a war against any big nation can be.
    You got it! either small brushfire wars or ww3? what ya pick?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    ?? They're not influenced by the Russian narrative, they're merely adhering to their ideology.

Lefties are suppose to be self-critical regarding their own society and they're suppose to be against the true power structure of the world. It's because they believe that the West, Western power projection, and global inequality is the primary source of problems.

I mean they're wrong about almost everything but you most certainly can't argue that they're not correctly following their ideology.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-01-26 at 10:29 PM.

There is widespread perception here that US has power to dictate to almost country in the world which type of government they are allowed to have and which countries they should be friends with - and that noone else can do that, especially going against US interest in the same area.

Reality is more complex then that.

US publicly wishes that they want "democracy everywhere" yet they support more dictatorships then anyone else, and are certainly not beyond going against democratic decisions and supporting outright coups when they are not to their liking.

Maybe they could, in theory, protect Ukraine fully and crush Russia; but they are increasingly unwilling to pay the price of that as their domestic situation deteriorates and stakes go up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    What's bullshit?

The US doesn't fight wars of solidarity or humanitarian need. Those are opportunistic secondary objectives and used to keep taxpayers at bay but US foreign policy since WW2 has been about clout and maintaining regional influence. Theres plenty of hot conflicts willfully flyover and ignore where gross humanitarian crimes are taking place because they serve no strategic advantage to us. He'll we will even become friends with bad people and help them fight their wars for some clout. We avoid the heavy shit because war to the US as the big dog on top isn't about survival or principles, it's about spreading influence and gains.

You think the state department actually cares about Ukraine? No. If Russia Mexico started to become pro-Russian you don't think the US wouldn't react the way Russia is? Do you think we'd actually risk going to war with a modern nuclear power over Ukraine or that Russia is even is even planning some huge ground war? We won't even risk turning things up NK and their nukes are practically bottle rockets and humanitarian violations astronomical. Even Ukraine is signaling the US to stop puffing the chest up.

The US doesn't engage in wars that actually have a chance to impact home. It's not worth it and the only countries capable of dreaming of actually harming the US aren't dumb enough to do it. We fight wars to inject useful idiots and to kick out one's who became too independent.

The Ukraine conflict is one for a bunch of old heads stuck in the Cold War and we will absolutely be at fault for escalating the situation. Let's this be clear, the Russia has no right to try to push pro-NATO influences BUT the US has no right pushing pro-NATO agendas over there. We know exactly what we're doing and the reaction it would bring. What's the purpose of NATO? It's not holding hands and singing nursery rhymes. It's an organization used by the US to surround USSR Russia with nukes/bases while we economically flex on them. It is what it is and of course they will lash out as we move to part some towns off their border. We're straight up provoking them then flipping the script on them. And we're doing it because we ultimately have nothing to lose. Maybe an insurgency rises in Ukraine, Russia and the insurgency exchange shots for a bit, we sit back and arm the insurgency as Ukrainians die. We get bored, get our fill and pull out, Russia takes some Ukrainian countryside. Ukrainian civilians get fucked, Russia claws out a little clout, US defense contractors make money and a bunch of politicians get a bump in approval.

The entire situation is stupid and if the US government actually cared they would respect Ukrainian wishes and back them in meeting rooms instead of war rooms. Shit is messed up up home, how in the hell are we supposed to actually fixed shit between two neighbors half a world away?
    Last edited by PACOX; 2022-01-26 at 04:36 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive