5+ Year Old Account
    mail wearing singer? (not bard) sings to heal damage and improve tanking? weapons improve spell power, different styles for each race like shammys realy just spitballing somthing that not bard, Dragonsworn tink or dark ranger
    do not annoy the dragon for you are small crunchy and good with sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Add that to the fact that even after the memories of all those other versions of garrosh were merged with our version of him he was still an orc hitler AND WAS STILL NOT IN THE MAW you have to wonder what the souls did who were sent there by the arbiter and revendreth.

The system of judging souls was broken and that was kinda the story of the expansion but the explanation of how the souls works has nothing to do with it
    Then my point was the dichotomy makes no sense & it sounds like you agree with me. Such as Kairozdormu saying our Garrosh was the worst possible version: Why a single iteration deserving Revendreth when the rest didn't is the part that makes no sense.

Again the point of this thread was an argument why the next expansion shouldn't revolve around time travel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Whatever it is, it should be a mail wearing class.
    How about the Timewalkers?
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Timewalkers

Could be mail wearing
    With a sword and board spec for tanking called Warden
    With a healing spec called Weavers
    With a ranged dps spec called Watcher

Quote Originally Posted by D4nnYb0Y View Post
    I think it would be odd to add a Dragonsworn/Knight class without a melee DPS spec.
    It doesn't have to be so IMO. If they added a Dragonsworn (whatever the name) class and it followed your suggestions, this could work as :

- Tank spec = Black dragonflight follower
    - Healing spec = Emerald/Ruby dragonflight follower
    - Ranged DPS = Bronze/Azure dragonflight follower

In this case, only the tank spec would be a melee obviously and it could fit the fantasy of a Dragon Knight wearing 2H weapons (polearm/2H mace/etc.). I think dragons themselves are mostly casters when they are in human form except for Deathwing which wore a 2H Mace and thus would have been a melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post

Could be mail wearing
    TBF Chronomancer or Timewalker are really close and one could just be a spec of the other if a "Time" class was added
    Last edited by Imotbh; 2022-04-13 at 06:14 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Ybarra has nothing to do with WoW though. Hes basically President of blizzard.
    *Memory goes back to when the CEO of Square Enix came on stage cosplaying as a Blue Mage and ordered Yoshi-P to reveal the new job and the expansion release date* Ah yes, you are right. My mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    That's how I understood it at first, but rereading it confused me.
    It is probably worded awkwardly so that the leak can be "true" in various different scenarios. You know, like the old "If you cross the river you will bring down a great empire" prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    *Memory goes back to when the CEO of Square Enix came on stage cosplaying as a Blue Mage and ordered Yoshi-P to reveal the new job and the expansion release date* Ah yes, you are right. My mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

It is probably worded awkwardly so that the leak can be "true" in various different scenarios. You know, like the old "If you cross the river you will bring down a great empire" prophecy.
    That CEO does that kind of thing all the time, it's actually kind of fun to watch when he shows up on stage at Fanfest.

Arcane mages have one iconic ability - Arcane Explosion. It’s Explosion of Dragons, folks!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post

Could be mail wearing
    I would be okay with it. We need more healing and ranged specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Arcane mages have one iconic ability - Arcane Explosion. It’s Explosion of Dragons, folks!
    Absolutely Brilliant We've discovered the answer

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    That CEO does that kind of thing all the time, it's actually kind of fun to watch when he shows up on stage at Fanfest.
    Well he has to be a chill dude if he also gave the okay to be turned into a NieR Automate boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Where the fuck is the like button?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, I think I got it. The new class is Evoker. It definitely gives the "huh, but we have mages" vibe, and Evocation is an Arcane Mage ability. Just an Arcana Mage ability. And it isn't even totally unknown to WoW.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Evoker

Haha, daddy hit the jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    With Dragons, that's either Prismatic something or Evocation.
    Quote Originally Posted by D4nnYb0Y View Post
    Maybe @Scaleface can tell me if I'm Hot or Cold?
    You're both very very close (with naming and neutral type of race)

Haha, daddy hit the jackpot.
    Last edited by Scaleface; 2022-04-13 at 06:56 AM.

5+ Year Old Account

Could be mail wearing

thats actually possible these are in game at moment at the timeless isle
    Last edited by delphiskye; 2022-04-13 at 07:04 AM.
    do not annoy the dragon for you are small crunchy and good with sauce

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post

I love it that this smile can totally be understood both as "nice job my friend" and "can't wait for this clown to realize how wrong he is". Anyroad, time to tackle the race as well.

Assuming it's an Evoker, going off the top of my head, most mobs we've seen with the Evoker title have been fire and frost and shadow. I think Dwarves had nature damage.

Of course, using Dungeons and Dragons, Evocation magic is more or less just pulling on energy and creating something from an unknown energy source. Could be waved as a class of the First Ones, with some cosmic bruhaha..

Should be interesting to see how close everyone gets

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Can this forum handle that much thirst?
    I don't think so
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

It could be completely off field and be a spellblade. Gish (arcane warriors) are probably one of the most popular archetypes in fantasy fiction (they really are the Mary Sues of RPGs). While several classes have specs that sort of play like a gish, none actually meet the fantasy because they are very far thematically (enhancement may be the closest but it is a completely different theme)
    Spellblades of many types already exist in game, from Aluriel to the Silvermoon Spellbreakers (and even Kael'thas himself since his most iconic fight was a melee one).

And dragons are THE melee magic users of fantasy.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-04-13 at 07:27 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    Assuming it's an Evoker, going off the top of my head, most mobs we've seen with the Evoker title have been fire and frost and shadow. I think Dwarves had nature damage.

Of course, using Dungeons and Dragons, Evocation magic is more or less just pulling on energy and creating something from an unknown energy source. Could be waved as a class of the First Ones, with some cosmic bruhaha..

Should be interesting to see how close everyone gets
    Since we have Defias Evokers as well, I doubt they would wield First One magic. But they DO have ties to dragons as Onyxia was the behind-the-scenes force for them.

The range of Evokers is pretty wide. Defias, Twilight Hammer Cultists, Scarlet Crusaders, Drust witches and skeletons, Arakkoa, Loads of orcs, Iron Dwarves.

It kinda gives me the vibes of drawing out elemental powers without being a shaman. Maybe the race is somehow related to the elements instead of being draconic.

7+ Year Old Account
    It kinda gives me the vibes of drawing out elemental powers without being a shaman. Maybe the race is somehow related to the elements instead of being draconic.
    Or, you are just evoking the powers of each Dragonflight.

Formerly known as Arafal

Since we have Defias Evokers as well, I doubt they would wield First One magic. But they DO have ties to dragons as Onyxia was the behind-the-scenes force for them.

The range of Evokers is pretty wide. Defias, Twilight Hammer Cultists, Scarlet Crusaders, Drust witches and skeletons, Arakkoa, Loads of orcs, Iron Dwarves.

I will assume you are joking anyway but how would you ever distinguish this from mages? You can distinguish it from Destruction, Balance and Elemental because it thematically would be tied to a very different looking class but how would it not feel like a mage?

Chronomancer? Enlightened? Incanter?