Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    I find it curious that people are wondering why a Dragon themed class would include something arcane adjacent when one of the Dragonflights is literally Arcane themed.
    ^ this right here

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I assume it's just based on the current UI dev*'s tweet.

I guess it's related to character customisation. I remember when he worked on the SL cust. he said something like "much more is possible" with the new tooling/backend work he had done/managed.
    I can to totally see stuff like height sliders happening
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Inxotep View Post
    Imagine if there isn't a new class
    I'm expecting no new class or race!

..that way I can't possibly be disappointed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I guess it's related to character customisation. I remember when he worked on the SL cust. he said something like "much more is possible" with the new tooling/backend work he had done/managed.
    I can to totally see stuff like height sliders happening
    Height sliders is waaaaay more than UI though.

It would involve armor and weapon scaling, which may or may not be difficult to do (and may or may not look good depending)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I assume it's just based on the current UI dev*'s tweet.

Tabard System Overhaul mayhaps? that thing is -ANCIENT- so it would be cool if maybe they just went "Hey, we see you 1-member guilds out there, and raise you Customizable Tabard Overhaul, no guild needed"

if even just to clean/organize the UI of that guild tabard system, like how they've bettered character customization for visuals.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Tabard System Overhaul mayhaps? that thing is -ANCIENT- so it would be cool if maybe they just went "Hey, we see you 1-member guilds out there, and raise you Customizable Tabard Overhaul, no guild needed"
    TBF 1 man guilds have oodles of bank space, like that that's the #1 reason for my and my wife's guild lol

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I'm expecting no new class or race!

..that way I can't possibly be disappointed
    I don't even understand the draw of a new race. It offers nearly zero by way of gameplay. New races could happily be minor content patches.

The reality is that new classes are simultaneously the most labour intensive (due to requiring constant rebalance/redesign) while offering very limited cashflow (people will frequently race change back and forth on multiple characters but broadly speaking the most they can make out of a new class is a one-off character boost).

New classes should be consistent to keep gameplay emergent but they are by far the least financially profitable option. So I don't expect to see one ever again in wow. I will be very pleasantly surprised to be wrong.

Debating on another clickbait video tonight or saving it until tomorrow over predictions

I would say group finder at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    Debating on another clickbait video tonight or saving it until tomorrow over predictions
    DM ur channel pls

If, and this is a big if... But IF Envoker is real, I expect something out of left field. As in, this class has 5 specs left field. I'd almost expect those 5 specs to line up with the "Microclasses" if Tinker wasn't involved, as Tinker only really comes close to fitting the Black Dragonflight due to them being science minded. But that's more Frankenstein science than what you would expect from a Tinker.

Minstrel-Green. Dreams and music oft go hand in hand.
    Dragon Knight - Red. Protector. Uses fire (Black uses Fire, but it's not their natural weapon)
    Chronomancer - Obviously Bronze.
    And then whatever Envoker is that seems to be Arcane based. Let's say Scale only got info for part of the leak and the other guy got partial info as well.
    Let's pretend Tinker is a thing just for the lulz even if it's a sketchy fit. (It's not COMPLETELY out of left field because Deathwing does have his history with Goblins and designing new metals technological advancements to attach said metals to his body, but again.. not really what one expects from Tinker)

I think that is, of course, almost 105% incorrect. But I do think the possibility of 5 specs is very strong

So, they scheduled maintenance on Tuesday from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM, and the announcement will be at 9:00 AM. Now, this weird timing makes sense.

I was hoping for the announcement to be at 2:00 PM or later, so I could watch it live. It's gonna be tough avoiding all the spoilers before I can watch it six hours later.

I'm thinking about leaving my phone at home...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    The new UI comment is interesting, I haven't -really- seen it mentioned elsewhere other than that wowexdev Twitter account he mentioned at some point (of which I'm not sure if it's someone just squatting that username after it was deleted many years ago or if it is just also ScaleFace).

I say it is interesting because a while back in 2018 two of the people on the WoW UI team transferred to another project inside Blizz that they described as "old but new". I'm curious if that actually ends up being a new default UI for WoW. Granted it would also be a backwards/addon compatability nightmare, but it's still interesting to think about.
    I remember seeing a wow dev post on twitter about how he's excited to show off the stuff he had been working on for months and he's a ui guy at Blizzard.

Disregard...I saw @Hitei found the Twitter post. lol
    Last edited by Bsirk; 2022-04-18 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Ye same feeling.. we have seen so much dragons in different shapes and colors.. we have seen them. Wrathions dragon model also didnt got me hyped for what ever reasons. I mean there arent much options left so without the cosmic bs, this is probably the next best thing.
    yes, if done right, it could at least „work“.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld View Post
    It is. But the name itself isn't new. She is the Bronze Dragon who turns back zones to previous versions of themselves. And that is the interesting part here.
    i smell time travelling stuff. feared

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I am in the same boat.. the hype isnt really there so much, rather something like.. lets see what they show us and then I see if I get hyped. Its pointless to hype.. and then get dissappointed again. As previous years.

Its a very natural responds after many years/long term wow players.
    yep. agree. i am even one level lower at this. for me it’s more like „lets see if it’s enough not to end my wow career finally“, after 16 years of wow and being zero a friend of many things of last 2 xpacs.

i just accepted too much disapointments and tbh i only can play SL for a few m+15 runs here and there. the „wow as a whole game“ or „an all surrounding environment, where i have more to do than time“ type of wow is dead for me. the only thing that keeps my wow feeling/fun a bit alive is dungeons and raids. and even raiding is very low level now, since i stopped being in a guild a good while ago. and pug raiding is such a huge time waste with waiting and grp refilling every fukin try. since m+ gives me faster better gear in SL, than my typical hero raid cleans, i have killed 5 bosses yet in actual raid. Stuff like ZM, Korthia, Covenants, Maw or Thorgast i did as fast as possible and will never step a foot into again. like nothing of it.

maybe i play the game for too long and just should finally quit. but i like the gameplay and feeling of some classes. but nonetheless, next xpac will be the descission point for me. so tomorrow it’s more of some „ok, i am fine wow is no longer for me“ or some „will check this out, maybe it’s not SL2“ thing.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-18 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    2 specs would suck immensely, but I could at least get over it if it's a dragon class. But a copy of Arcane mage without dragon aspect specs would be horrible.
    I can't *imagine* they would headline an expansion called Dragonflight with it and not have a new class have *any* dragon flavor. They're not *that* incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, I have been observing this thread daily and I can defo tell that many long term wow players ARE hyped. But then again, you are one of the old guys here known for general negativity.
    yeah, ofc. many are hyped. and also many are not. in the end the size of the mmoc crowd is irrelevant anyway. this forum has, what?, 10k members. a joke in a game that have somewhere between 500k-3mio. so the amount of our opinions, regardless what, don’t matter much. 80% of the typical wow player you not even see for 1 post here or in official forum.

and yes, the last 6-7 years Blizz and wow just deserves negativity imo. because they more amd more just milk the cow as cheap as possible. hyper cost effective cheap shit, paired with smart cash grab systems like their token and boosting supporting game design. to greedy grab the dollars while investing nothing. while at the same time Blizz became a rather fucked up company.

but in the end of the day it doesnt matter at all. but yes, i agree to your statement ofc.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-18 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    So, they scheduled maintenance on Tuesday from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM, and the announcement will be at 9:00 AM. Now, this weird timing makes sense.

I was hoping for the announcement to be at 2:00 PM or later, so I could watch it live. It's gonna be tough avoiding all the spoilers before I can watch it six hours later.

I'm thinking about leaving my phone at home...
    In game is 7am-8am PDT. I'm assuming the bnet maintenance is related to the preorders going live on the store.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Who are you to talk for people? "Many long term wow players" got source? "A lot of us" who is us? Got a source? Quit spewing garbage...if YOU think that way then say you...don't say us and we.
    pro-tip: before you use your whiteknightpowercharge cooldown, you should do 3 things:

- think about why i NOT said „all players“
    - think about why i NOT said „most players“
    - read MMOC for the last 2-3 years, count the negative posts, and look at the user badges.

if you then tell me, what exactly is wrong with my statement above, i will listen.

but maybe i should it write that way, next time:

„to me it seems there are more than maybe 100 and less than maybe 300k peoples out there, that do not like the game design of wow, of the last few years. we, the people i described in the first statement, are not happy… and for us, the people i described in the first statement, it is a disappointment…“

is this better ?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-18 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    In game is 7am-8am PDT. I'm assuming the bnet maintenance is related to the preorders going live on the store.
    The 8-11 maintenance is showing April 20th for me.

A revamped UI with full customization/movement of ALL UI elements (a la FF14, etc), and baking in some of the popular addon functionality (Bartender, Bagnon, coords, auto-vendor, better transmog/mount/pet/collectible filters, etc.), 4k textures, better font rendering with improved drop shadows would be much welcome. I could dump most of my addons.
    Google doc with all plate mogs complete with import codes! PLATE TRANSMOG-O-RAMA