The other day, russia said one of its ships had been attacked by drone vessels near the Bosphorus, but claimed to have destroyed all 3 and the ship suffered no damage. Of course, this is russia, so we know they were lying, just not as to what exacly.

Then video came out from one of the drone vessels that cut out at the moment it collided with the russian ship. Following that, there was tracking of a NATO surveillance drone doing circuits above the location, watching on, followed by the arrival of a russian rescue tug, one that basically hasn't moved for hours. And now another video reportedly showing the moment of impact.

The exact damage is uncertain but seems to be in the stern, which may have knocked out propulsion.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2023-05-26 at 01:52 PM.

Russia unleashes a vicious attack on a medical clinic in what is called another major war crime

Two people have been killed and 23 injured in a missile strike on a medical clinic in the eastern Ukrainian city of Dnipro, the regional governor says.

Of the 23 injured, 21 are in hospital and three are in a serious condition.

Two boys aged three and six were also among the wounded, governor Serhiy Lysak said.

Russian strikes on Ukraine have intensified in recent weeks ahead of an expected Ukrainian counteroffensive.

Mr Zelensky posted a video of the damaged clinic that showed firefighters at the scene and smoke billowing from the building.

"Russian terrorists once again confirm their status of fighters against everything humane and honest," he said.

Earlier, Mr Lysak said the region came under a "mass attack...with missiles and drones" on Thursday night.

"It was a very difficult night. It was loud," he said. "Dnipro has suffered."

At the scene, fire crews were sawing down trees to get a mounted hose closer to the flames which had engulfed the large, three story building.

Meanwhile, amidst the rubble, rescue teams were searching for two missing people.

Ukrainian authorities said they shot down 17 missiles and 31 drones launched from Russia overnight.

Several drones and missiles hit targets in Dnipro and the eastern city of Kharkiv, including an oil depot.

Ukraine's capital, Kyiv, was also targeted and officials said fragments of intercepted drones fell on the roof of a shopping centre, while a house and several cars were damaged.

In Russia, a blast damaged a residential and office building in the southern city of Krasnodar, east of Crimea, on Friday morning.

The region's governor, Veniamin Kondratyev, said it was caused by two Ukrainian drones: "There is some damage to buildings, but critical infrastructure was not damaged. And most importantly, there were no casualties."

Russia's Belgorod region, which was the scene of an unprecedented incursion from Ukrainian territory earlier this week, was also hit overnight. The village of Kozinka was struck more than 130 times, according to its governor Vyacheslav Gladkov.

Mr Gladkov said one woman was injured. He said the Graivoron district, where the incursion took place, was subject to the worst attacks.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    the problem with that is with the fact they're not making it hidden they're on the prowl for Putin's life; any comment like what you described would be a trollish admittance to the deed without directly saying it.

In any case, the Russians would immediately point to the Ukrainians for Putin's death and seek all-out revenge.
    Lol. Lmao, even. You think the Russian people like him, let alone love him enough to do that? Yuppie, I try not to be a jerk to you (unlike some people here), but this is an incredibly braindead take. The percentage of people in Russia who actually obsess over their dictator-in-chief is almost certainly in the single digits... the low single digits. Sure, they'll probably pretend to mourn him in public until they know which way the new regime in power swings, but they'll be partying in private, guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I don't think it is needed to be pointed out that the US and NATO do wargames so often that it's impossible that they have not wargamed out what would happen if Russia dragged NATO into the war already. Likely at least once a month.
    Didn't we do this in the 80s with a computer named after a sandwich? Didn't we also figure out that Tic-Tac-Toe is the perfect game to stop a rogue AI from gaining sentience in that same timeframe?

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Didn't we do this in the 80s with a computer named after a sandwich? Didn't we also figure out that Tic-Tac-Toe is the perfect game to stop a rogue AI from gaining sentience in that same timeframe?
    I think we've now decided that the best way to avoid an AI gaining sentience is to put Elon Musk in charge of it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/wagner...mecoming-party

Even as Prigozhin on Thursday gloated over the group’s supposed success and seemed to taunt his rivals at the Russian Defense Ministry, news broke that a Wagner fighter freshly released from the battlefield was almost immediately shot dead upon returning home.

A man identified only as Yury S. was shot dead while celebrating his homecoming in a village in the Irkutsk region on Wednesday night, according to local reports.

Having returned from the war zone just a day earlier, Yury had gotten into a drunken argument with an acquaintance at his party when the latter suddenly pulled out a gun and killed him. It was not immediately clear what the two argued about.

Police are now reportedly questioning the alleged gunman, identified only as Konstantin in local reports.

It’s not the first time violence has quickly followed the return home of a Wagner fighter. Earlier this week, a man reportedly wearing a military uniform and a Wagner patch was accused of sexually assaulting two school girls in Novosibirsk.

The 10- and 12-year-old girls told authorities that the mercenary warned them he had a grenade on him and threatened to “blow them up” if they didn’t do as he said, Baza reported. Investigators are still searching for the suspect, and his status in Wagner has not been confirmed.
    Things seem to be going great back at home. Mercs are getting offed by their drunken buddies and trying to rape young girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    It's a regular practise in any professional military to do that sort of thing, but with real physical pieces on a big map.

Hobbyist tabletop wargaming have it's roots in what armed forces were and still are doing to train their officer corps and simulate potential scenarios going hot and how to respond to them on a strategic level.

"Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Regardless of posturing, when will others finally sanction Russia for nuclear scaremongering? That shit should never be considered "posturing" like it's harmless.

But Japan at least, with its fresh sanctions on Russia, have criticized them for this act.

Japan on Friday approved additional sanctions against Russia over its war on Ukraine, including freezing the assets of dozens of individuals and groups and banning exports to Russian military-related organizations.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Hirokazu Matsuno told reporters the Cabinet approval shows Japan is in step with the rest of the Group of Seven countries that agreed during their summit in Hiroshima last week to maintain and strengthen sanctions against Russia.

He said Japan is committed to working with other G7 countries and the broader international community “to improve the situation” for Ukraine.

Matsuno also sharply criticized the signing of a deal between Russia and Belarus on Thursday formalizing the deployment of Moscow’s tactical nuclear weapons in its ally’s territory as a move that “further escalate tensions.”

“As the world’s only country to have suffered nuclear attacks, Japan finds Russia’s threats of nuclear weapons and their use absolutely impermissible,” Matsuno said. “Japan’s government demands Russia and Belarus stop actions that further escalate tensions as we continue to watch the development with strong concern.”

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Regardless of posturing, when will others finally sanction Russia for nuclear scaremongering? That shit should never be considered "posturing" like it's harmless.
    russia will not use nuclear weapons. Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    russia will not use nuclear weapons. Relax.
    I think he's not anxious, but aroused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I think he's not anxious, but aroused.
    Hasn't he been salivating on and off since this started about whether Russia would use nukes?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Empty posturing.

This doesn't change anything otherwise, they already have nukes stationed in Kaliningrad right next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Hasn't he been salivating on and off since this started about whether Russia would use nukes?
    Long before the invasion he stated he wanted WW3 so he could have a "manly death.". He also cried that nobody gets scared of his japanese horror avatars.

In we were in ffxiv universe he'd be Fandaniel just without any powers.

So, Belgorod still occupied by the rebel army…

Emberassing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    So, Belgorod still occupied by the rebel army…

Emberassing.
    Oh? I thought they had retreated already? Source would be fun. ^_^

Sorry to interrupt the arguing with YUPPIE, but it looks like its go time...

"It’s time to take back what’s ours.

Complete with a morale boosting video.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3225973554360344

Gods speed lads!

Quote Originally Posted by alach View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the arguing with YUPPIE, but it looks like its go time...

"It’s time to take back what’s ours.

Complete with a morale boosting video.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3225973554360344

Gods speed lads!
    Just echoing this. It seems like bad shit is about to go down.

One of Ukraine's top generals has warned Russian forces they will come to "envy the dead" when his troops try and punch through their fortifications in the much-anticipated counteroffensive.

In a rare interview, Brigadier-General Sergii Melnyk told the ABC, it will not be long before the full-scale operation to liberate Ukrainian territory begins.

"I can say one thing. It will take place in the near future, and it will be a very powerful special operation that will definitely lead to the defeat of the Russian Federation," he said.

It was widely believed the counteroffensive would begin in the European spring — next week marks the start of summer.

Ukraine says it is waiting for the right moment — when the weather is good, the ground is firm and its armed forces are ready to use equipment sent by Western allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say that's bad shit. I would say they have every goddamn right to.