Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    There is no reason to call anyone a douchebag and your insulting manner is not needed here. If you can't partake in an intellectual discussion with someone who disagrees with you without resorting to insulting someone who has nothing to do with your problem then I suggest stepping away from your computer and taking a walk to chill out. You are only going to get yourself infracted and even more pissed off.
    Why would I be pissed off? If fanboys would have pissed me off I'd have white hair or no hair. I'm just calling it as I see it and what's the problem, these people don't want to hear reality anyway, the fact that there are issues with the game and the fact that they are douchebags by trying to mask issues with excuses. I may accept the fact that fanboys exist but I still hate their guts...

I'm simply giving people my honest perspective about Wildstar, if that gets people so worked up, I don't care but if they want to toss their bullshit at me, I'll toss it back. If that gets me infracted then so be it, but I feel it had to be said.

Deleted
    I'm loving the Farside Moon music.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    Weird bug. My thicket plug on my skyplot won't let me cut down trees unless I cut them down in a certain order. Right clicking a tree does nothing until I find the tree that the game wants me to cut down first.
    That's actually kind of hilarious. I mean, I hope it goes away, but the idea of housing plugs becoming subtle mind games is pretty funny.

Also in response to the music question: It's nothing amazing but that isn't stopping me from absolutely loving it. It may not be a mind blowing sound track but each zones music fits very well and definitely adds to the atmosphere.
    Last edited by Xynen; 2014-06-11 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Anyone here got the weird "flashing/flickering" bug when putting together a costume? And if so, any ideas how to solve it?

I've seen a bunch of people who claim to have it, but nobody seems to have offered up a solution.
    At first I would just run away from the NPC until the window closed. Sometimes it would adjust the costume correctly. But every time I logged back in the costume item was back in my bags and not listed. For now I've just set aside a couple minutes if I want to change my costume, then I wait it out. Hoping they fix it soon.

Although if they're going to fix anything soon it should be Public Events. I did the Asteroid on Farside about 4 times, each time it said hat no one had contributed anything but healing and I only received any awards the last time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone here got the weird "flashing/flickering" bug when putting together a costume? And if so, any ideas how to solve it?

I've seen a bunch of people who claim to have it, but nobody seems to have offered up a solution.
    I toggled the eye button at the top right of the left hand pane and it seemed to do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I said computer use, that means game play, casual use, study and work. Anyone who spends their 40 hrs a week in the office (such as me) is highly susceptible. Anyone who spends additional time gaming/using the computer at night is even more susceptible. You can get the same kinds of injuries through other forms of work, such as warehouse work (back) and any job requiring sketching (hands). Just like how their are rules to lift heavy objects using your knees, not your back, there are rules for seating posture and arm position. Incorrect/heavy use of a computer can render your hands completely unusable after 20+ years of doing it as a fulltime job.
    No one ever thinks of us poor musicians QQ But yea I hear you. I work in an office job 40 hours a week where 90% of the time I am at the computer. Additionally I often spend between 30-40 hours a week playing video games. And I write for a side job. And I play flute and piano (that and writing is what I actually went to college for). So my wrists, hands, and fingers often have severe pain. I am lucky in that getting regular massages seems to help keep it under control. The thought of surgery is terrifying to me because it's not a guaranteed fix AND if it goes wrong it could easily be detrimentally wrong for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i think the fastest for questing and the like is still stalker, because of the huge burst. being able to just avoid anything you don't want to fight by using stealth is also really handy. fighting many mobs at a time can be pretty dangerous later on, when they start actually doing damage.
    Additionally if you accidentally get in over your head Stalkers have an ability which drops combat and stealths them. It's super helpful on cutting down on deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Oh another question, how is the music in WildStar?? The music I loved the most was in TBC, no other game really captured a feeling of mystery and eerie exploration was WoW Tbc had, particulary its ambiences. I love solid music used in MoP, but that music is best used for large scale epic events, not particularly explording the world or killing stuff for small time quests.
    It's quite awesome. I've been busy lobbying them to sell the soundtrack. I honestly thought the music was passable but nothing special until I listened to the full tracks. I could get into technical discussions of the structure and forms and all that but I think it's just best to listen for yourself

https://soundcloud.com/inhisgroove

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Sanctum of the Sword Maiden gave me some of the best laughs I've had in a while, but I have to wonder if people falling to their deaths for 30 minutes straight will continue to be hilarious over the next several months. Really curious to see where the community goes on end game content because pugging so far looks like it's going to be out of the question if you want to get anything done.
    It's very hit or miss. I had a pug group that was pretty good the other day. They listened when I explained how the fights work and gave feedback on why something didn't seem to work if we wiped. It was quite nice On the other extreme one of my friends was in a dungeon last night where none of the people would listen to him and refused to put interrupts on their bars... and it was very painful

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Additionally if you accidentally get in over your head Stalkers have an ability which drops combat and stealths them. It's super helpful on cutting down on deaths.
    So is running. I don't know how many times I pulled an elite without realizing it. Seeing it having 2 interrupt armor and me just saying NOPE and turning tail and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Why would I be pissed off? If fanboys would have pissed me off I'd have white hair or no hair. I'm just calling it as I see it and what's the problem, these people don't want to hear reality anyway, the fact that there are issues with the game and the fact that they are douchebags by trying to mask issues with excuses. I may accept the fact that fanboys exist but I still hate their guts...

I'm simply giving people my honest perspective about Wildstar, if that gets people so worked up, I don't care but if they want to toss their bullshit at me, I'll toss it back. If that gets me infracted then so be it, but I feel it had to be said.
    I had a disagreement with Disciple yesterday over the questing ‘grind’ but I didn’t need to call him retarded or a douchebag just because we didn’t agree with each other. You are welcome to your opinion wether it be positive or negative but when you have to resort to name calling you do yourself and everyone who shares your opinion a diservice.

Furthermore using the ‘fanboy/hater’ card on anyone who has a different opinion that you just shows that your intellectual discussion hand is composed of one weak card. It’s a lazy band-aid insult thrown about the forums so much that it has no meaning other than you didn’t like that someone disagreed with you and you are incapable of supporting your opinion. When you throw out the fanboy card they throw out the hater card and the entire point of the discussion becomes rediculous.

“Fanboy!”
    “Hater!”
    “Fanboy!”
    “Hater!”
    “Fanboy!”
    ^ Into infinity....

When you resort to personal insult to prove your point you have already lost the discussion.

Dr Who reference WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    So is running. I don't know how many times I pulled an elite without realizing it. Seeing it having 2 interrupt armor and me just saying NOPE and turning tail and running.
    Lol, can't say how many times this happened. Thinking, "O, can take this guy......shit, not gonna happen. RUN!!!"

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Dr Who reference WTF
    Oh there's a ton of pop culture references in Wildstar. They are really good. The first shiphand you do is basically playing the movie Alien. Running around killing chest bursters and stuff. It's awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrwler View Post
    Lol, can't say how many times this happened. Thinking, "O, can take this guy......shit, not gonna happen. RUN!!!"
    And then first hit you get dazed and you just squint your eyes and hold down the sprint key.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    And then first hit you get dazed and you just squint your eyes and hold down the sprint key.
    Lol, yea... sometimes running away can be an epic failure

http://i.imgur.com/zpnSZzu.jpg
    That corruption reminds me of...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

It's quite awesome. I've been busy lobbying them to sell the soundtrack. I honestly thought the music was passable but nothing special until I listened to the full tracks. I could get into technical discussions of the structure and forms and all that but I think it's just best to listen for yourself

https://soundcloud.com/inhisgroove
    Thank you Listening to it now to pass the time at work.

Does anyone have any pictures (of their character, house etc) to share? ^^ Here is one of my Spellslinger, she's only level 25, but I'm loving the game so far.

Lol, yea... sometimes running away can be an epic failure
    AT level 7 I found an AMP that made it so you could not be stunned while sprinting. I don't know if it was an item drop or a quest reward though.

I'm a Republic Storm Trooper! Also a spellslinger.
    Ohh Looking very awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I had a disagreement with Disciple yesterday over the questing ‘grind’ but I didn’t need to call him retarded or a douchebag just because we didn’t agree with each other. You are welcome to your opinion wether it be positive or negative but when you have to resort to name calling you do yourself and everyone who shares your opinion a diservice.

Furthermore using the ‘fanboy/hater’ card on anyone who has a different opinion that you just shows that your intellectual discussion hand is composed of one weak card. It’s a lazy band-aid insult thrown about the forums so much that it has no meaning other than you didn’t like that someone disagreed with you and you are incapable of supporting your opinion. When you throw out the fanboy card they throw out the hater card and the entire point of the discussion becomes rediculous.

“Fanboy!”
    “Hater!”
    “Fanboy!”
    “Hater!”
    “Fanboy!”
    ^ Into infinity....

When you resort to personal insult to prove your point you have already lost the discussion.
    Look man, this isn't a "my opinion is better than your opinion" issue. We are talking cold facts. Saying the game is "fine" is a lie. Aside the server issues, that more or less cooled down we have many more issues running into. Such as problems with hit detection, missing objects and so on. It is a new game and most of them are understandable. A few of them are not, especially considering since they've been around since early beta. Then there's PVP balance and so on.

Like I said, the devs have a lot of work to do and that being said, anyone who expects a well oiled game in in for a letdown. I get it that people enjoy it. I do too, but I'm not gonna lie to anyone about the actual state. If that ruins some fanboy's plans to ... whatever, then it's a bonus.

If insults are the main issue here then, sorry, there was never a discussion, just a bullshit smoke screen about feeling hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrwler View Post
    Thank you Listening to it now to pass the time at work.
    Np! My favorite tracks so far are The Main Theme (obviously because it hits motifs from most of the other tracks), The Stand, A Story of Hope and Healing, and The Cold Science of Supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Look man, this isn't a "my opinion is better than your opinion" issue. We are talking cold facts. Saying the game is "fine" is a lie. Aside the server issues, that more or less cooled down we have many more issues running into. Such as problems with hit detection, missing objects and so on. It is a new game and most of them are understandable. A few of them are not, especially considering since they've been around since early beta. Then there's PVP balance and so on.

Like I said, the devs have a lot of work to do and that being said, anyone who expects a well oiled game in in for a letdown. I get it that people enjoy it. I do too, but I'm not gonna lie to anyone about the actual state. If that ruins some fanboy's plans to ... whatever, then it's a bonus.

If insults are the main issue here then, sorry, there was never a discussion, just a bullshit smoke screen about feeling hurt...
    Your cold hard facts are your opinion, are there problems? Yes, fact. Are they completely unacceptable or understandable? That's an opinion. You don't like that certain things are not addressed fast enough? Opinion. It's amazing how our opinions are facts and someone else's opinion is fanboy. Sounds like a hater to me. See how that fanboy/hater discussion goes?

As the the insults, they are completely unnessecary in an intellectual discussion. You don't have to call him a douchebag or a retard to explain your point. I can however concede that if you are incapable of defending your opinions in an intellectual way then you should definately resort to calling people douchebags, retards and fanboys because without the insults you really have no ammo.