The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep, It got old quite fast and the current setup of Guided Games is just shit. (IMO)
    Just like I told you
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Just like I told you
    Well quite fast was a wrong choice in words, Since I do have over 100 hours in the game. Like I said early'er in the thread the cracks in the game are showing and the more I play the more I see them. I don't mind the PE's but they are not going to be the only content I do.

Doesn't mean I hate the game, I just hate that its still bogged down by Destiny 1's fuckup's and bad development choices.

(Looking at you shitty hedonism bot raid and stupid Guided Games setup)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well quite fast was a wrong choice in words, Since I do have over 100 hours in the game. Like I said early'er in the thread the cracks in the game are showing and the more I play the more I see them. I don't mind the PE's but they are not going to be the only content I do.

Doesn't mean I hate the game, I just hate that its still bogged down by Destiny 1's fuckup's and bad development choices.

(Looking at you shitty hedonism bot raid and stupid Guided Games setup)
    What needs to happen is this. Get rid of Guided Games. Just use the same LFG system other content bloody uses.

3 times in a row now I've had guides who are clueless as hell. I've wasted 3 tickets because of people who spent 5-8 minutes on the damn start of the Strike.

I'm still enjoying the game but the way endgame is handled is annoying as a solo player.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-24 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What needs to happen is this. Get rid of Guided Games. Just use the same LFG system other content bloody uses.

3 times in a row now I've had guides who are clueless as hell. I've wasted 3 tickets because of people who spent 5-8 minutes on the damn start of the Strike.

I'm still enjoying the game but the way endgame is handled is annoying as a solo player.
    Naw what needs to happen is just make it queueable. The ticket system and it needing to be a majority of a clan is a fucken joke. Que times is already 20mins and if u fail the strike that is around 40mins wasted total.

Like you said the way endgame is handled is annoying as a solo player.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Naw what needs to happen is just make it queueable. The ticket system and it needing to be a majority of a clan is a fucken joke. Que times is already 20mins and if u fail the strike that is around 40mins wasted total.

Like you said the way endgame is handled is annoying as a solo player.
    That's what I said. Just use the normal LFG system.

I don't understand why I have to be punished as a solo player by limited goes on the strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That's what I said. Just use the normal LFG system.

I don't understand why I have to be punished as a solo player by limited goes on the strike.
    Ya my fault you said LFG and I was thinking of like LFG in WoW.

What I want is the queue system aka LFD. Its there they just need to remove all the annoying bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If you left destiny before The Taken King, then yes this is a step forward. If you stuck around for The Taken King then this is actually a couple of steps backwards in comparison.
    Yep. D2 has taken WAY too many steps backwards from Year 2 and Year 3 of D1. It can't be called anything more than a refinement of Vanilla D1, which is NOT what we needed at this point in time. As it stands, D2 is too barebones and has had too many features and systems stripped from it that D1 has had for years now. Why Bungie thought this was a good idea is beyond me.......oh wait, that's right.....they're going to sell all of that shit back to us in DLC and call it "new" content.

Calling it now.....shit like heroic strikes, vault changes, queuing for individual crucible types, etc, will all be called "new" content within the first two DLCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If you left destiny before The Taken King, then yes this is a step forward. If you stuck around for The Taken King then this is actually a couple of steps backwards in comparison.
    Never played D1. I suppose there's still room for iterations and fixes.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    I really hope for a big patch day 1 for PC release.

Honeymoon is alreay over it seems.

I just cant believe what im reading everywhere. I wanted D2 so good but it looks like a D1 with some adds, not even close to Y3 of D1...WTF
    I was one of the people that was telling others off for calling D2 nothing more than an expansion-level addition to Destiny before release. Sadly, those people were right. D2 is nothing more than Destiny 1.5. It has too little content and has had too much shit stripped out of it to be called a true sequel. Bungie has taken far too many steps back with this.......why, I don't know, but their incompetency is showing more and more again.

It's like a fucking curse for them. Every time they do something right, they turn around and fuck something else up. One step forward, two steps back. That should honestly be the company motto for them at this point:

Bungie: One step forward, two steps back.

No one has told me yet why a normal queue system would work any better than guided games. If it's the limited tries I'm pretty sure that's just for the beta and so far I've only needed one to complete the nightfall even if this week was kind of a close call. Besides people take things more seriously with the this system, good luck trying to get anyone on voice chat with normal matchmaking.

Course the real test will be with the raid next week.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    No one has told me yet why a normal queue system would work any better than guided games. If it's the limited tries I'm pretty sure that's just for the beta and so far I've only needed one to complete the nightfall even if this week was kind of a close call. Besides people take things more seriously with the this system, good luck trying to get anyone on voice chat with normal matchmaking.

Course the real test will be with the raid next week.
    Because guided games is limited. Why should I be limited from doing a strike/raid as a solo player? Why should I rely on someone accepting me? Especially when those I've been matched with make me look like I'm the one guiding them? Why should I have to join a clan to use the system efficiently?

You haven't told us any issue with it using the same queue system that is used for things such as Normal Strikes and Crucible either.

And please you don't need voice chat for Nightfall. You need a minor amount of competence.

So no there's no issue with them putting a proper LFG system into raids/Nightfall. If you want to go as a premade then go as one. If you want to search for people then do it. Guided games is garbage as a Seeker.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-24 at 02:21 PM.

Generally enjoyed it. The initial gearing was made a bit too fast leading to a hard stop of sorts in regards to the long term grind. I like the reduced RNG on top of RNG. Right now though there is just not as wide of a variety due to the loot pool being new. Ive gone a year not getting the weapon frame I wanted. Nevermind the chance of getting the BiS roll.

As a mostly solo player I am not caring for the way guided games was rolled out. While I have had good groups the system feels unnecessarily punishing for getting a bad group and nothing to really show any act on Bungie to actively moderate the playerbase given not much was done if ever in the previous game. Should be just an open group finder system. Ive gone back to using the 3rd party group finders. Given the current coordination requirements for night fall and especially the raid I do not find them fitting for random queue. I have had players running the night fall who have never ran the normal before. It is silly that there are quests requiring more gear and grind than it takes to get into a nightfall.

Got all 9 specs across 3 classes full but man EDZ and Io post game questing/adventures left on my 3rd character after clearing everything bar the raid on my first two and this is totally gonna burn out some people.

But as a plus i found a 293 Sunspot from an engram on my 270 warlock and i shot up to 282 and now my lowest drops at 276 and its made gearing a breeze. Also the stormcaller build where you summon a little 'pet' for everyone is great and really makes me hope they add a 4th pet spec in the expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Got all 9 specs across 3 classes full but man EDZ and Io post game questing/adventures left on my 3rd character after clearing everything bar the raid on my first two and this is totally gonna burn out some people.

But as a plus i found a 293 Sunspot from an engram on my 270 warlock and i shot up to 282 and now my lowest drops at 276 and its made gearing a breeze. Also the stormcaller build where you summon a little 'pet' for everyone is great and really makes me hope they add a 4th pet spec in the expansions.
    How strong/fun to play are the hunter nightstalker and gunslinger builds?

Is nightstalker limited to spamming the arrow special that pulls in mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How strong/fun to play are the hunter nightstalker and gunslinger builds?

Is nightstalker limited to spamming the arrow special that pulls in mobs?
    Nightstalker is CC. You can spec to infinitely spam the arrow which ties stuff down, links damage and makes them explode but it does other things like throwing your grenade at your feet makes it a smoke bomb that makes you invisible or rolls sideways out of damage and stuff. Gunslinger is just basically 'big fire damage'

- - - Updated - - -

Man. Finally finished all the quests on all 3 characters bar the raid. That took such a long time compared to D1. Which i did up to RoI like 5 times. I really don't want to do this again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man. Finally finished all the quests on all 3 characters bar the raid. That took such a long time compared to D1. Which i did up to RoI like 5 times. I really don't want to do this again.
    I considered doing this. I cleared the entire EDZ. Chests, Sectors, Adventures, Everything. When I was done...nothing. Not even an achievement. That was pretty disappointing. I'll do all the adventures, but that is all, and it is only because I am a lore whore, and I need to know all there is to know.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I considered doing this. I cleared the entire EDZ. Chests, Sectors, Adventures, Everything. When I was done...nothing. Not even an achievement. That was pretty disappointing. I'll do all the adventures, but that is all, and it is only because I am a lore whore, and I need to know all there is to know.
    Honestly it helps that most of this stuff is waaaay more interesting than gauls "we are not so different" generic as fug red legion stuff. Io in particular which i think is easily the worst world of the lot is saved a lot by adventures like 'follow the music' and stuff that for PC players wont mean bugger all but for D1 players getting the snippets like "some stuff about mars, someone named ana bray, lots of random stuff" makes you sit up and go 'i'm sorry, what?'

Like how you can go down to the CPU level of the arcology on Titan you can look out the window if you stay there and dont pick up the orb for a few minutes and a gigantic thing that looks like an ahamkara worm swims past, and only one mission after the comments about the Hive being on Titan to 'perform breeding experiments' which started up all sorts of conspiracy theories about oryx's worm. Its all good stuff and more interesting than the main plot which kind of makes me think this is the stuff that was made when rise of iron was, because for the most part the main story was made before rise of iron so thats why its going to feel like a step back and i'll admit i like D2 a lot but did enjoy the plaguelands and stuff like the archons forge and finding SIVA fragments a lot more than just fighting cabal in tunnels and warehouses. Hopefully with 'vanilla' out of the way we return to more Rise of Iron style content in some regards.

Deleted
    As far as Guided Games go, tried on Saturday just gone, bearing in mind its still in beta, the waiting is hilariously long, but I'm used to long queue's playing WoW for so long, however, there should be some kinda 'How did that go?' system at the end, I'll elaborate:

1st group, cost me a ticket, & I gotta say, those guys were SCRUBS. no mic, didn't say anything to me, died way too often, didn't kill any anomalies, we ran out of time & they both bailed, not sure if that a system thing or they just left, 2nd group, both had mics, very communicative but not overly, no bitching, bagged all the anomalies alongside me, killed the boss with loads of time to spare.

Now, I'd have given the 1st group, like, a 1/5 the 2nd a 5/5. but why can't I score them myself? & how did scrub group 1 get into the damn thing anyway? It's gonna be very interesting when this goes live, its early so there's room for plenty of improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    As far as Guided Games go, tried on Saturday just gone, bearing in mind its still in beta, the waiting is hilariously long, but I'm used to long queue's playing WoW for so long, however, there should be some kinda 'How did that go?' system at the end, I'll elaborate:

1st group, cost me a ticket, & I gotta say, those guys were SCRUBS. no mic, didn't say anything to me, died way too often, didn't kill any anomalies, we ran out of time & they both bailed, not sure if that a system thing or they just left, 2nd group, both had mics, very communicative but not overly, no bitching, bagged all the anomalies alongside me, killed the boss with loads of time to spare.

Now, I'd have given the 1st group, like, a 1/5 the 2nd a 5/5. but why can't I score them myself? & how did scrub group 1 get into the damn thing anyway? It's gonna be very interesting when this goes live, its early so there's room for plenty of improvement.
    Because the seeker system is shit. Simple as that. It can literally end up with you losing a ticket because you end up having to attempt to guide 2 morons.

I just want to know what issue there is with the normal LFG system Crucible and Vanguard Strikes uses. Sure it wouldn't fix the moron issue but it's better than a system that relies on you being accepted by someone else and limited goes.

The worst part about this game is that there's nothing to do, at least as a solo player. It's impossible for me to solo any heroic events, just trying to trigger the heroic mode is challenging enough for some of them. Then I feel like I'm always on a planet by myself and nobody ever joins into my planet. I'm constantly going back to orbit and then back to the planet hoping it put me in a better lobby. When that works the people never stay for long. They do 1 or 2 events and then leave, so then I'm left on an empty planet again.

Strikes are just a little too easy and not rewarding enough. I have no idea why heroic strikes aren't a thing and why the consecutive strike buff is gone. I've never had anybody do 2 strikes in a row with me, people have always left.

The grind starting at 265 is one of the more disappointing things I've had to experience in a game. I love how every engram from practically every single reward system is lower than my light lvl.

It's a shame really. I'm always thinking about the game and I always want to play, but when it comes time to logging in I'm just kinda like why? what's the point? The whole game just feels so unrewarding now. I need to log in about once a week and that's it.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2017-09-25 at 09:46 PM.