Blood Elves are High Elves......why TF is this thread still rolling along at the speed of light? Just change the name of the site from MMOC to HighElfDiscussion.com

PPL, stop asking for something that you already have. It's like you've been given a red apple, but you're just continuing to bitch endlessly because it's not the exact shade of red that you want.
    Kthxhugsbye

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    Blood Elves are High Elves......why TF is this thread still rolling along at the speed of light? Just change the name of the site from MMOC to HighElfDiscussion.com

PPL, stop asking for something that you already have. It's like you've been given a red apple, but you're just continuing to bitch endlessly because it's not the exact shade of red that you want.
    Yours is a very good comparision. Because High Elves fans were advocating for playable High Elves on the Alliance side... and they were given playable High Elves on the Alliance in the form of Void Elves. It's just that it was not the specific shade of High Elves that they had envisioned, so they must continue to complain pointlessly.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    Yours is a very good comparision. Because High Elves fans were advocating for playable High Elves on the Alliance side... and they were given playable High Elves on the Alliance in the form of Void Elves. It's just that it was not the specific shade of High Elves that they had envisioned, so they must continue to complain pointlessly.
    Do they not realise that even if Blizz were to add Helves to the Alliance they'd have to tweak their appearance in some way, so they wouldn't be literally Belves w/ blue eyes? Blizz REALLY don't want to turn Belves into Pandaren2.0. It'd be hilarious if even the second attempt to add playable Helves became "not the specific shade of High Elves that they had envisioned".
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-04-28 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Do they not realise that even if Blizz were to add Helves to the Alliance they'd have to tweak their appearance in some way, so they wouldn't be literally Belves w/ blue eyes? Blizz REALLY don't want to turn Belves into Pandaren2.0. It'd be hilarious if even the second attempt to add playable Helves became "not the specific shade of High Elves that they had envisioned".
    These High Elves fanboys are hypocrites.

They want the High Elves with weird tattoos and crazy hairstyles that make them look like Forest Trolls. Some even suggest giving them the Human/Night Elf skeleton... do they not realize that they are not actually asking for High Elves?! As in, Blood Elves with blue eyes. Because that's what the actual High Elves are. Not those crazy rangers with savage and primitive aesthetics that are nothing like the Silver Covenant and the Highvale Elves.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    These High Elves fanboys are hypocrites.

They want the High Elves with weird tattoos and crazy hairstyles that make them look like Forest Trolls. Some even suggest giving them the Human/Night Elf skeleton... do they not realize that they are not actually asking for High Elves?! As in, Blood Elves with blue eyes. Because that's what the actual High Elves are. Not those crazy rangers with savage and primitive aesthetics that are nothing like the Silver Covenant and the Highvale Elves.
    Have you ONLY played wow by chance? Do you only know of wows highelves?

Because they do have a history before.

And we want what the high elves represebt the lore the story and more not "blue eyed be" we want he. Their is a difference culturally and historically in the warcraft series.

No, In fact, I have played Warcraft III back before World of Warcraft was released.

Of course they do, every race and character in every fictional world has a history. But having a history alone is not enough to justify the introduction of a new Allied Race.

And we want what the high elves represebt the lore the story and more not "blue eyed be" we want he
    What do High Elves represent in the lore? Tell me? They represent purity, since they declined to siphon Fel magic like Silvermoon did? Well, so much for that purity, when there are several Quel'dorei wayfarers in Telogrus Rift eager to infuse themselves with the Void.

Perhaps they represent... uhm... good question. What do the High Elves represent that makes them so unique when compared to the other two Thalassian races in the game?

Their is a difference culturally and historically in the warcraft series.
    If that's the case, the Humans of Stromgarde should also become a new Allied Race. Because it doesn't matter if there are no physical differences between them and Stormwindian Humans, they are different culturally and historically in the Warcraft series.

It doesn't work like that, sorry. Lore alone does not justify the creation of a new playable race. High Elves would shatter the population of both Void Elves and Blood Elves, and it would deprive the Horde of a part of its identity.

Also, World of Warcraft's Game Director stated clearly that High Elves, ultimately, are just Blood Elves. They are not so different after all, and, in addition, he stated that High Elves will even disappear eventually and that there is no relevant Quel'dorei faction left. Your word <<<< The word of the Game Director.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-04-28 at 10:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post

And we want what the high elves represebt the lore the story and more not "blue eyed be" we want he. Their is a difference culturally and historically in the warcraft series.
    Blood Elves share that same history, lore and culture though, it's not something that's specific to the Silver Covenant. They are the exact same people, the only difference is political, so asking for visual differences, even in the forms of animations, is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, In fact, I have played Warcraft III back before World of Warcraft was released.

Of course they do, every race and character in every fictional world has a history. But having a history alone is not enough to justify the introduction of a new Allied Race.

What do High Elves represent in the lore? Tell me? They represent purity, since they declined to siphon Fel magic like Silvermoon did? Well, so much for that purity, when there are several Quel'dorei wayfarers in Telogrus Rift eager to infuse themselves with the Void.

Perhaps they represent... uhm... good question. What do the High Elves represent that makes them so unique when compared to the other two Thalassian races in the game?

If that's the case, the Humans of Stromgarde should also become a new Allied Race. Because it doesn't matter if there are no physical differences between them and Stormwindian Humans, they are different culturally and historically in the Warcraft series.

It doesn't work like that, sorry. Lore alone does not justify the creation of a new playable race. High Elves would shatter the population of both Void Elves and Blood Elves, and it would deprive the Horde of a part of its identity.

Also, World of Warcraft's Game Director stated clearly that High Elves, ultimately, are just Blood Elves. They are not so different after all, and, in addition, he stated that High Elves will even disappear eventually and that there is no relevant Quel'dorei faction left. Your word <<<< The word of the Game Director.
    Heh ok look back to warcraft 2 after you do then say they cannot be different in lore easily.

As for ion.. ge is basically the anti red shirt guy he seems to be very unaware of older stuff

5+ Year Old Account
    You are just lying, people who want High Elves understand that they must be tweaked to not be exactly the same as Blood Elves, but not something like the Void Elves, who were something TOTALLY DIFFERENT from what were expected.

The answer to the Alliance players is to be a Blood Elf on teh Horde side? HAahahahahah Blizzard trolling 10/10

Heh ok look back to warcraft 2 after you do then say they cannot be different in lore easily.
    Oh, yes, those rangers in Warcraft II.

They are living in Silvermoon City nowadays. And they go by the name of 'Blood Elves' now.

As for ion.. ge is basically the anti red shirt guy he seems to be very unaware of older stuff
    His supposed incompetence is irrelevant; every decision must be approved by the Game Director for it to go through, and right now, he is against playable High Elves.

You know, I just realized how weird this sentence is, because High Elves are already playable on both factions!

Allow me to rephrase that. He is against playable Silver Covenant/Highvale Elves.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-04-28 at 10:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really love the idea of high elves.
    But blizzard hates the alliance. Deal with it already. They love ugly things like the horde.
    So let's give up my alliance brothers and sisters and let's faith that we are the hated faction. For whatever reason.

"The tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that when you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2018-04-28 at 10:56 PM.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post

It's mainly going for the entertainment of anti-HE, as far as I can tell. As to why the high elf posters keeps posting in circles, there's a few key factors.

Repetitive Behaviors

Repetitive behaviors can take the form of intense preoccupations, or obsessions. These extreme interests can prove all the more unusual for their content (e.g. fans, vacuum cleaners or toilets) or depth of knowledge (e.g. knowing and repeating astonishingly detailed information about Thomas the Tank Engine or astronomy). Older children and adults with autism may develop tremendous interest in numbers, symbols, dates or science topics.

Social Challenges

Many persons with autism have similar difficulty seeing things from another person's perspective. Most five year olds understand that other people have different thoughts, feelings and goals than they have. A person with autism may lack such understanding. This, in turn, can interfere with the ability to predict or understand another person’s actions.

It is common – but not universal – for those with autism to have difficulty regulating emotions. This can take the form of seemingly “immature” behavior such as crying or having outbursts in inappropriate situations. It can also lead to disruptive and physically aggressive behavior. The tendency to “lose control” may be particularly pronounced in unfamiliar, overwhelming or frustrating situations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post

https://imgur.com/a/ey4uYYD
    some new gems. i like the last one most. "bigger than entire BE population"
    "the fact that the beautiful model thallassian model was originally given to the horde, frustrate me

that type of style belongs to the alliance"

oh boy, why they didn't a discord before, this is top lvl kek, nice to see they showing their true colors, and how the "lore" is just a bullshit explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post

Ya but, has anyone really been far? Even as decided to use, even go want to do look more like?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    I'll grant you that the first point is based on opinion, but you should keep in mind that it's the opinion of a development team who has arrived at that position over 14 years of running the most successful PC game of all time. That's not to say that they don't make mistakes, but I think it's an idea that has had a huge impact on the development of the game up to this point. It's also important to me personally, but we obviously have a difference of opinion on that.

If your goal is to find some type of magical or cultural transformation that would be more satisfying, I wish you the best of luck. It seems to me a lot like imagining a new race, and avoiding the problems of Void Elves while still respecting the fantasy space of Blood Elves will be (very) difficult. It'll definitely take a back seat while some non-elf races are introduced, but if that's what's interesting to you, by all means go for it. If I can offer some advice though, I'd suggest you avoid the name High Elf or I think you'll just end up getting swarmed by more trolls.
    For sure. I won't deny that Blizzard has always made an effort to keep unique flavors for most of what they add into WoW. That's why we receive their own takes on things, like Garrisons instead of player housing. Or their own take on Pokemon, or armor design, class themes, gameplay styles, etc.

I agree that it is difficult not trying to step on Blood Elves or Void Elves, while trying to get something like High Elves. And for sure we'll have to wait an even longer amount of time now that Void Elves were the elf pick for Alliance. No doubts there.

What interests me so much about High Elves are:

1) They're elves, lol and I love elves. Favorite race when it comes to fantasy genre.

2) They're Alliance. They chose their friends over family who came to their support and have enjoyed the culture that was brought by their Alliance friends. They'd rather mingle than stay isolationist.

3) These elves are "idealists" when the choice came to using Fel magic. They felt "we cannot lose who we are over this". That's a great theme I actually really love. When it's kind of like, "the whole world says you have to do this!" and those High Elves said, "No we don't. We can manage another way."

I'll relate it to The Last Airbender series. I LOVED that everyone was telling Aang he had to kill the Fire Lord in order for the balance to get set back to normal. But that solution wasn't Aang, he didn't agree because he felt so strongly against it. So he seeked out a different way and found a different solution that didn't require him to give up his morality. Absolutely love that kind of stuff yet I actually find it rare to see in media. Usually there's always some kind of "you must defeat this by killing it or obliterating it" and other solutions are rarely found. At least from the media I've consumed I guess, maybe there are tons more examples out there.

Anyways, main point

I'm not too stuck on the "High Elf" name, nor their appearance necessarily. Make it an elf, include those thematics within them, and have em on Alliance and I'll gladly consider those my "High Elves" (hopefully they can be Paladins heh).

At the end of the day it's more the lore and story for me personally.

Nonetheless glad for the discourse that can be had here. More cool-headed than some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    "the fact that the beautiful model thallassian model was originally given to the horde, frustrate me

that type of style belongs to the alliance"

oh boy, why they didn't a discord before, this is top lvl kek, nice to see they showing their true colors, and how the "lore" is just a bullshit explanation.
    I actually appreciate the honesty.

The closer we get to "fuck you, I want High elves." And the further away we get from <insert one of the 500 rehashed arguments here> the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    I actually appreciate the honesty.

The closer we get to "fuck you, I want High elves." And the further away we get from <insert one of the 500 rehashed arguments here> the better.
    same, is better to have honesty so we just don't get going in circles explaining the headcanon of their argumments

"i want He because i want to be legolas" ok thats fine its your opinion

" i want high elf because <insert fanfic here>" come on boy
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-04-29 at 12:10 AM.

Deleted
    High Elves would shatter the population of Void Elves
    Aint that the point? That they're a small elite force? But really, Blizz has to open up that origin story fast, though I'm not sure how given that it was an accident nobody actually wants to repeat, feels like they're written into a corner. The sooner Void Elves can move beyond being a limited ragtag group of exiled Blood Elves into a sustainable growing population (relatively) the better, stop shoving High Elves into Alliance battles and explain it away as them going Void somehow. I'm looking forward to seeing them 'grow' and hoping they aren't just unceremoniously dumped once they play their role in the void lord business. Which they almost certainly will be. From what I've heard, outside the UC siege they don't really play much of a role in BFA so far, while Nightborne are everywhere Horde side. Though I could be misinformed.

High Elves would shatter the population of Blood Elves
    Some would celebrate that. Isn't the Horde swamped with too many elves ruining the aesthetic?

I kid, I kid.

Deleted
    Do they not realise that even if Blizz were to add Helves to the Alliance they'd have to tweak their appearance in some way, so they wouldn't be literally Belves w/ blue eyes? Blizz REALLY don't want to turn Belves into Pandaren2.0.
    That's literally what the vast majority of High Elf requests say?