If I were a Helf fan, Id be very careful about creating new ideas for High Elves. Blood Elves are reportedly receiving 40 new customization options, and I'm positive that Blizz will steal the work and enthusiasm from the High Elf community, and give those themes to Blood Elves. Even though the latter has been working on building their own identity separate from their past life for over a decade.

It's over. now that eye color will be separate you can bet your heart of azeroth that belves will get blue eyes. They for sure as hell will get alleria tattoos as well.

The only reachiest hope you guys got now is velf options but even then you'll still be velves. Their "light" skin will prob be void tainted too.

R.I.P high elfer hopes and dreams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    And the topic returns and we are potentially in the endgame.

I believe the chances of a High Elf allied race are pretty much dead at this point. We have had enough commentary over the years, we have had the introduction of Void Elves and we have the end of the BFA allied race cycle. New races are back to being rare, and rarer races are going to have be substantially different to justify excitement at their addition. Not to mention, a few years is going to have to elapse in order to justify excitement on the part of the players.
    Not dead at all. Though I am sure many will tout that should Blood Elves get Blue Eyes. Hopefully what it does is make people like you and others who simply keep going "no, not gonna happen" go away from harassing those who are simply wanting more additions to their races.

See the thing is, Horde v Alliance division was reiterated as being core to the Warcraft franchise. That also means every race that fights for the Horde and Alliance is meaningful.

Since we know that there's a group of elves calling themselves High Elves and fighting for the Alliance, this actually gives greater sway into asking for an option to play that group of race which supports the Alliance.

That we have Void Elves means we have already won a bit in a sense, since now we have a group (who literally were the same race just a few secs ago) that is now fighting for the faction opposite its brothers and sisters.
    Expanded character customization has already ended the hopes of a Wildhammer allied race, or a Forest Troll allied race, as both aesthetics are seemingly now being offered as customization options for existing troll and dwarf races. And given that all new players begin with a new starting experience, you really will be able to argue that you are a Wildhammer Dwarf or a Forest Troll.
    The new player experience is simply "you are a member of your faction gone to investigate why members of your faction never returned" aka that means Wildhammer Dwarves/Desert Troll options are already members of the Alliance/Horde faction respectively.

There is no new lore to explain the extra customizations like they did for Allied Races. These are simply just new customizations that are added similar to getting new hairstyles/faces previously.

It is also a starting area that is only forced for new players, reinforcing that there is no new lore added unlike how every new AR created has to sit through the same introduction screen (unless they're a DK).

This is also "just the start of an ongoing customization" which means that after they finish up with the original races. They will most likely start to add in increased customization to Allied Races.

Thereby allowing greater customization with Void Elves in the future at the very least.

- - - Updated - - -

Will Void Elves get new skin tones? Possibly, but the skin tones maybe mottled with the void because Blizzard might not be able to help themselves. Hopefully, they will let us know tonight because if they don't, Blood/Void Elf customization arguments will rumble on for months.
    Not necessarily, as we see from the new Forsaken customization. You can forgo showing any broken bones at all.

Having bones on Forsaken is supposed to be as iconic as "void tentacles" for Void Elves. The Dark Forsaken skin also shows they're not sticking to the "must be pale undead" aesthetic either.

- - - Updated - - -

And to re-iterate. There will be no lore justification involved for the expanded character customization. No story to go through/quests to complete to explain the changes. They will just be added and allowed.

So bringing in lore stuff to it is defunct at this point.

There's only supposed to be 1 dark troll in existence, yet Darkspears are getting Dark Troll skin tones.

Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2019-11-02 at 11:15 PM.

The real tragedy here is that the Void Elves, as an allied race, won't receive any additional customization (they already confirmed they don't have any new customizations planned for allied races). The pink skin tones and Alleria's tattoos should go to them to be honest. I mean, Alleria is literally their racial leader.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    The real tragedy here is that the Void Elves, as an allied race, won't receive any additional customization (they already confirmed they don't have any new customizations planned for allied races). The pink skin tones and Alleria's tattoos should go to them to be honest. I mean, Alleria is literally their racial leader.
    Keep asking for it is all. Once they finish up the original races they will give more the allied races. It's just the nature of the beast that is character customization. Limited time and resources for any given moment.

I'm happy to see the changes that come, because that means the system itself will flesh out more when it's time to focus on the AR again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    If I were a Helf fan, Id be very careful about creating new ideas for High Elves. Blood Elves are reportedly receiving 40 new customization options, and I'm positive that Blizz will steal the work and enthusiasm from the High Elf community, and give those themes to Blood Elves. Even though the latter has been working on building their own identity separate from their past life for over a decade.
    Oh man I would love to get some kind of 'two-days' beard for my Blood elf, and maybe runic tattoos, the golden eyes detached from the faces so there is more options, more hairstyles, more colors, etc...

But yeah, I will also say that if Blood elves end up with blue eyes, thing that they shouldn't get by thematic itself, will not diminish the reasons for why High elves are wanted. They are Alliance period. Babble all you want, it's simple as that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    will not diminish the reasons for why High elves are wanted. They are Alliance period. Babble all you want, it's simple as that.
    Yup, this really. Nothing else needs to be said. Just like how there's a group of Dwarves calling themselves Wildhammer that will finally be playable for Alliance. There's a group of Elves calling themselves High Elves that should finally be playable for Alliance.

Any other commentary is meaningless.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Yup, this really. Nothing else needs to be said. Just like how there's a group of Dwarves calling themselves Wildhammer that will finally be playable for Alliance. There's a group of Elves calling themselves High Elves that should finally be playable for Alliance.

Any other commentary is meaningless.
    Well, I have some commentary, and is that these 'Wildhammer' are really fuc**** cheap. No voicelines, no heritage armor, no mount, no racials, no potential druid, these aren't taller, etc...

But aside of that, yeah... Kind of fair enough...
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2019-11-02 at 11:57 PM. Reason: forgot to add something lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I have some commentary, and is that these 'Wildhammer' are really fuc**** cheap. No voicelines, no heritage armor, no mount, no racials, no potential druid, etc...

But aside of that, yeah... Kind of fair enough...
    Well yeh, but that is at least a real compromise between some form of Wildhammer and no Wildhammer at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not dead at all. Though I am sure many will tout that should Blood Elves get Blue Eyes. Hopefully what it does is make people like you and others who simply keep going "no, not gonna happen" go away from harassing those who are simply wanting more additions to their races.

See the thing is, Horde v Alliance division was reiterated as being core to the Warcraft franchise. That also means every race that fights for the Horde and Alliance is meaningful.

Since we know that there's a group of elves calling themselves High Elves and fighting for the Alliance, this actually gives greater sway into asking for an option to play that group of race which supports the Alliance.

That we have Void Elves means we have already won a bit in a sense, since now we have a group (who literally were the same race just a few secs ago) that is now fighting for the faction opposite its brothers and sisters.

Ion said that the factions weren't going away in April in the Forbes interview I repeatedly linked, which posters in this thread continued to reject because they refused to accept the importance of the factions and the faction divide. He had to repeat himself two or three times at this Blizzcon to get that message to sink in but hopefully people can now accept it as a fact now that he has said it a total of three times.

The High Elves are not a meaningful part of the Alliance. That is pure head canon on your part. If they were a meaningful part of the Alliance, they'd be a playable option and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Nor would Blizzard have invented Void Elves to 'fill the High Elf niche in the Alliance'. As High Elves are not a meaningful part of the Alliance, they do not benefit from the protections afforded by the faction divide, i.e. the maintenance of that race's unique status within their faction to preserve faction diversity. As such, anything that pro High Elfers believe should be preserved for the high elf allied race that is almost certain never to happen is in fact open to be added to the Blood Elves as part of their customization options. Specifically, the blue eye colour and the glowing tattoos.

Void Elves were created as the compromise between getting a duplicate of a Horde race and getting no thalassian elf whatsoever. If you are finally coming to around to their purpose then I guess that can be seen as a kind of progress. But given you've spent the past two years saying they weren't a compromise and that you still wanted High Elf exiles, I will disregard your claim of victory. The moment to claim victory was when Void Elves were revealed. Declaring victory because the dream of a High Elf allied race is dead is moving the goalposts back the ways.

The new player experience is simply "you are a member of your faction gone to investigate why members of your faction never returned" aka that means Wildhammer Dwarves/Desert Troll options are already members of the Alliance/Horde faction respectively.

There is no new lore to explain the extra customizations like they did for Allied Races. These are simply just new customizations that are added similar to getting new hairstyles/faces previously.

It is also a starting area that is only forced for new players, reinforcing that there is no new lore added unlike how every new AR created has to sit through the same introduction screen (unless they're a DK).

This is also "just the start of an ongoing customization" which means that after they finish up with the original races. They will most likely start to add in increased customization to Allied Races.

Thereby allowing greater customization with Void Elves in the future at the very least.
    Here is the thing. The Wildhammer Dwarves/Desert Trolls aren't really that much different from the playable Jungle Trolls or Bronzebeard Dwarves. They can be implemented as an aesthetic customization without any real issue. Hell, the humans are getting customizations allowing Asian and Black avatars to finally be added to the game and the only way to interpret this is that they were there all along and the game engine just didn't reflect it properly. Same with the Trolls, we have no proof that those are actually Desert Trolls. It is just as likely the full sweep of Troll skin tones wasn't fully represented in game until this update, just as the Human range was not fully represented. After all, they've already confirmed a Nazmir Blood Troll type of skin is being added and nobody believes that is going to be a Blood Troll because they are batshit insane blood cultists.

But a Void Elf is different in that they are an elf that is a result of a certain process, bombarding with void energy. This irrevocably changes them into Void Elves, with void themed racials, void themed emotes, and a class set circumscribed by their lore origin. A Void Elf with the purest, unadulterated skin is STILL going to be a Void Elf at the end of the day.
    There already is a thalassian elf that is far more suitable for the so called High Elf aesthetic i.e the blue eye colour and that is the Blood Elves. A group whom we have been told has at least 40 new customization options coming, and we have had it confirmed that eye colour is being separated from face as part of this process. Blue eyes for Blood Elves is one of the oldest Blood Elf customization requests. This has an extremely good chance of happening.

Finally, you are making an awful lot of assumptions here, that Void Elves will be given customizations that move them closer to an already existing playable race. Perhaps they will. Equally, Blizzard could go to town and give them extra customizations that lean into the void fantasy such as many, many extra tentacles. Time will tell, but I have confirmation Blood Elves are being worked on whereas Allied race progress has yet to be really talked about.

The dream of a distinct Wildhammer allied race is over because their aesthetic is now available on an existing race. What the pro High Elf community has defined as 'the high elf aesthetic' has merely been the blue eye colour because the Blood Elven aesthetic IS the High Elven aesthetic. If Blood Elves get blue eyes, it will not have the same impact on the dream of a distinct High Elf allied race. Because that dream died the moment the introduced Void Elves. And just as Ion had to repeat himself three or fourth times across the past six months that the factions weren't going away before the message sank in, this is the same sort of situation where the answer is proving difficult for some to accept but which doesn't change that an answer has been given. Blue eyes is such a small thing, but it's the only physical difference you've got. And if it is going away then there is nothing to differentiate a Blood Elf and a High Elf exile except their politics. Just as I have always said it was because for me, the eye colour distinction was so tiny as to be irrelevant.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2019-11-03 at 12:07 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your post has a lot of hypocrisy to it. Again, let me preface the very important thing - no lore is being added to explain the additional character customization options.
    Ion said that the factions weren't going away in April in the Forbes interview I repeatedly linked, which posters in this thread continued to reject because they refused to accept the importance of the factions and the faction divide. He had to repeat himself two or three times at this Blizzcon to get that message to sink in but hopefully people can now accept it as a fact now that he has said it a total of three times.

The High Elves are not a meaningful part of the Alliance. That is pure head canon on your part. If they were a meaningful part of the Alliance, they'd be a playable option and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Nor would Blizzard have invented Void Elves to 'fill the High Elf niche in the Alliance'. As High Elves are not a meaningful part of the Alliance, they do not benefit from the protections afforded by the faction divide, i.e. the maintenance of that race's unique status within their faction to preserve faction diversity. As such, anything that pro High Elfers believe should be preserved for the high elf allied race that is almost certain never to happen is in fact open to be added to the Blood Elves as part of their customization options. Specifically, the blue eye colour and the glowing tattoos.
    The desert Trolls are not a meaningful part of the Horde, neither are Dark Trolls. They're "being playable" by just being extra customization tacked onto Darkspear Trolls and are being treated as, and this is a dev saying this, "for people that don't want to simply be a Darkspear or Zandalari troll."

AKA, despite it clearly going to have the racials of a Darkspear Troll, the origin story of a Darkspear troll (should a person decide to play through that starting zone), and be referenced to as a Darkspear Troll (or simply "troll" cuz that's what Darkspears are referred to in-game), people (like players, real players) are still clearly going to be able to RP it as "yeh here is my desert/dark troll/blood troll" etc etc.

Let me repeat what I said above, no lore is being added to explain the additional character customization options.
    Void Elves were created as the compromise between getting a duplicate of a Horde race and getting no thalassian elf whatsoever. If you are finally coming to around to their purpose then I guess that can be seen as a kind of progress. But given you've spent the past two years saying they weren't a compromise and that you still wanted High Elf exiles, I will disregard your claim of victory. The moment to claim victory was when Void Elves were revealed. Declaring victory because the dream of a High Elf allied race is dead is moving the goalposts back the ways.
    They're not a compromise and is the reason why so many are still asking for playable High Elves. Even when MrGM asked the question he prefaced it with 'being a very contentious topic', why is it a contentious topic, it was never as contentious 6 years ago, 10 years ago - why now? Because of the recent rise of being highly vocal about getting High Elves on Alliance. So much so that the opposite of the request have asked for Blue eyed Blood Elves as some form of 'end to the High Elf request'.
    Here is the thing. The Wildhammer Dwarves/Desert Trolls aren't really that much different from the playable Jungle Trolls or Bronzebeard Dwarves. They can be implemented as an aesthetic customization without any real issue. Hell, the humans are getting customizations allowing Asian and Black avatars to finally be added to the game and the only way to interpret this is that they were there all along and the game engine just didn't reflect it properly. Same with the Trolls, we have no proof that those are actually Desert Trolls. It is just as likely the full sweep of Troll skin tones wasn't fully represented in game until this update, just as the Human range was not fully represented. After all, they've already confirmed a Nazmir Blood Troll type of skin is being added and nobody believes that is going to be a Blood Troll because they are batshit insane blood cultists.
    Your first bold is defunct by your last bold. You must be out of your mind if you don't believe people are happy to finally play as a Blood Troll with the skin type being added. Just as we already have posts saying they're so happy "Wildhammer are finally playable". Like you really are showing just how far you want to fake ignorance to prove a point.

The skin type is enough, no one will give a rat's ass if you personally don't see them as a Blood Troll. That was never, and is never the point. The option is there for the people that want it and now they can RP it and no one will be able to tell them "they are wrong" because the customization option is literally being added for that sole purpose - To play a Blood Troll.

Again, supported by dev commentary where they said, "if you don't want to simply be a Darkspear or Zandalari, well now you'll have that option" (paraphrasing) supports this.
    But a Void Elf is different in that they are an elf that is a result of a certain process, bombarding with void energy. This irrevocably changes them into Void Elves, with void themed racials, void themed emotes, and a class set circumscribed by their lore origin. A Void Elf with the purest, unadulterated skin is STILL going to be a Void Elf at the end of the day.
    Let me reiterate myself again: no lore is being added to explain the additional character customization options.

Thus it makes your first sentence and following one defunct. Lore does not matter here, racials do not matter here. It is extra customization simply being added onto without an explanation other than 'people wanted this option.'
    There already is a thalassian elf that is far more suitable for the so called High Elf aesthetic i.e the blue eye colour and that is the Blood Elves. A group whom we have been told has at least 40 new customization options coming, and we have had it confirmed that eye colour is being separated from face as part of this process. Blue eyes for Blood Elves is one of the oldest Blood Elf customization requests. This has an extremely good chance of happening.
    The entire High Elf request is predicated upon the group of High Elves on the Alliance. It doesn't matter that Blood Elves 'look closer to the aesthetic of High Elves'. That's never been the point. The point is to have a singular, clear thematic: Alliance High Elf.

If you need an example of this thematic: Alleria Windrunner. Who was referenced by Ion himself when referring to High Elven figures. Actually bringing her up, could even make the argument that Void Elves can get her aesthetic since simply having the same skin tone and tattoos as her would be enough to fit the singular, clear thematic: Alliance High Elf.

Again, racials don't matter, lore doesn't matter. These are just extra customization options being tacked on.
    Finally, you are making an awful lot of assumptions here, that Void Elves will be given customizations that move them closer to an already existing playable race. Perhaps they will. Equally, Blizzard could go to town and give them extra customizations that lean into the void fantasy such as many, many extra tentacles. Time will tell, but I have confirmation Blood Elves are being worked on whereas Allied race progress has yet to be really talked about.
    It is not some crazy assumption to think that Allied Races will eventually get more customization options. We know that Blood Elves alone are getting 40 options more already, you would be insane to think that people who love their Allied Race would not want to get their treatment as well.

And as I have shown with my examples which you never refuted - like Forsaken no longer having to show bones if they dont want to - it means that you're hoping Allied Races themselves won't get further customization because the most asked for customization options regarding Forsaken was to hide bones - they got it, the most asked for customization for Void Elves has always been -> please make it look more like Alleria/High Elf. Do people want more Voidish looks? Sure, but as we see with how they handled Forsaken, Dwarves, Trolls, they're not adverse to adding aesthetic options that create greater diversity.

That Trolls go as far as having Dark Trolls, a virtually extinct race, again just reiterates what I keep saying: no lore matters when it comes to adding in extra options.

Your point of Nazmir Blood Trolls proves this, it's becoming an option for Trolls like you said, which means "Nazmir Blood Trolls were part of the Horde?" ofc not. It's because extra options are being added, just to provide variety. Explanations be damned outside of "this is highly requested by players."
    The dream of a distinct Wildhammer allied race is over because their aesthetic is now available on an existing race. What the pro High Elf community has defined as 'the high elf aesthetic' has merely been the blue eye colour because the Blood Elven aesthetic IS the High Elven aesthetic. If Blood Elves get blue eyes, it will not have the same impact on the dream of a distinct High Elf allied race. Because that dream died the moment the introduced Void Elves. And just as Ion had to repeat himself three or fourth times across the past six months that the factions weren't going away before the message sank in, this is the same sort of situation where the answer is proving difficult for some to accept but which doesn't change that an answer has been given. Blue eyes is such a small thing, but it's the only physical difference you've got. And if it is going away then there is nothing to differentiate a Blood Elf and a High Elf exile except their politics. Just as I have always said it was because for me, the eye colour distinction was so tiny as to be irrelevant.
    The dream of a WH Dwarf distinct race may be over, but WH Dwarf fans are happy to play what a WH Dwarf is: A dwarf with the right aesthetic on the Alliance. Players wanting Alliance High Elves want the same thing. A Thalassian with the right aesthetic on the Alliance.

'The High Elf aesthetic' is being part of the Alliance, you cannot separate that. And it is why people will continue asking for High Elves. No one who requests a High Elf gives a shit about Blood Elves because they're on Horde. That already kills the fantasy/aesthetic of what a High Elf is. It would be like putting a WH Dwarf on the Horde. You'd bet your ass that people would complain because they can't ride gryphons and are hostile in places like Loch Modan if a WH Dwarf was playable on Horde.

Your last bold is again ignoring the fact that I've kept repeating and you hopefully understand: No lore/explanation matters outside of being a player request. Again, several examples I have provided (and one that you have) prove this.

Population number doesn't matter as evidenced by Dark Troll option
    Playing a meaningful part to the Horde or Alliance doesn't matter as evidenced by Dark Troll/Desert Troll/Nazmir Troll option
    Lore doesn't matter as evidenced by Dark Troll and Nazmir Troll option and new starting area not affecting any of that
    Racials doesn't matter as evidenced Wildhammer Dwarves and Nazmir Blood Trolls

Aesthetic diversity is all that matters as evidenced by Humans, Trolls, and Dwarves so far.

Heck I wouldn't even be surprised if we finally get Undead options for Blood Elves when they finally reveal the extra customizations for Blood Elves.

Now I'm done with this conversation because it's just gonna be a bunch of back and forth that honestly doesn't matter. All that matters is knowing that WHD is just extra customization tacked onto existing Dwarves - then the shift is now to ask for playable Alliance High Elves by getting that aesthetic tacked onto Void Elves.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2019-11-03 at 01:03 AM.

Well said. But High Elves are Alliance tho, they were exiled after the war of ancients and they turned into High elves when they were highborne. They were Quel'dorei and Kaldorei and they were always more alliance than anytime they would be horde. Blood elves were only on horde after not being accepted, i will repeat this many times. But High Elves were not welcome in Night Elf lands anymore.

This is the timeline:

Dark trolls evolved into Kaldorei in origin, and gave origin to 3 elf races and overtime we got 7 Elf races and then even more elf races:

Kaldorei (Meaning: Children of the Stars) (Night elves) [Alliance]
    Quel'dorei (Meaning: Children of the Noble Birth) (Highborne/High Elven - Pure highborne left are not much of those left now, they gave up everything that made them night elves, including moonwells) [Once Alliance, still supporting alliance, they have a bad reception at Alliance, commonly mistaken by blood elves, high elves are now almost extinct.]
    Shal'dorei (Meaning: Children of the Night)(Nightborne) [Now Horde because refused by Tyrande]

Sin'dorei (Meaning: Children of the Blood) (Corrupted High elves - Blood elves) [Faction: Horde]
    Ren'dorei (Meaning: Children of the Void) (Void Elves) [Faction: Alliance]
    Darkfallen (San'layn (Vampyr Blood elves - Used to be with Kael'thas before being raised to undeath by Arthas) [Faction: San'layn]
    Felblood elf (Blood elf corrupted with fel) [Faction: Burning Legion]

Pure Highbornes = High Elves = There is not much left. Blood Elves are the majority.

Night elves and Blood elves are on opposite factions, so why would they make that minority almost extincted pure Highborne be part of the Alliance? The pure Highborne left ain't enough to make a race playable. They are likely just meant to be now NPCs. There's other more elf races to be added, and High elves are not one of them. That's why they added void elves instead. This thread is basically closed since void elves were introduced, and makes zero sense to blood elves to gain blue eyes too.

Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-03 at 02:04 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Population number doesn't matter as evidenced by Dark Troll option
    Playing a meaningful part to the Horde or Alliance doesn't matter as evidenced by Dark Troll/Desert Troll/Nazmir Troll option
    Lore doesn't matter as evidenced by Dark Troll and Nazmir Troll option and new starting area not affecting any of that
    Racials doesn't matter as evidenced Wildhammer Dwarves and Nazmir Blood Trolls
    This, aside from the other lacks on these like voicelines, racials, classes, proper personal looks for the option, heritage armor, addressed as in the gameworld, etc... Just shows how much of a difference there is from an Allied race to what people often said in spite of the not-so-special Allied races: That these being just customization options would have been enough.

Yeah, they may have, but it's gonna lack proper personal work on it.

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Night elves and Blood elves are on opposite factions, so why would they make that minority almost extincted pure Highborne be part of the Alliance?
    Because they were loyal to the Alliance and every reason they ever gave to not introduce them now doesn't stand anymore.

Same race fighting as enemies: Pandaren are the same race, yet they fight with each other based on their different ideology and faction. Void Elves already fight the Blood Elves. The Silver Covenant already fights the Horde.

Numbers: There is no need to claim that High Elves are numerous, just that they exist. Apparently not all Void Elves are Blood Elves, some are High Elves. https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Elf_Wayfarer
    Would perfectly explain High Elf features on Void Elves

Too similar to Blood Elves: This argument died when Void Elves were introduced. They look identical to Blood Elves when wearing armor. Plus, Alleria is basically the Void Elf faction leader and she keeps her eye and skin color, even has tattoos. It would make sense that some of her followers looked like her. And again, Pandaren are literally the same race yet are on opposing factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Selinde View Post
    Because they were loyal to the Alliance and every reason they ever gave to not introduce them now doesn't stand anymore.

Same race fighting as enemies: Pandaren are the same race, yet they fight with each other based on their different ideology and faction. Void Elves already fight the Blood Elves. The Silver Covenant already fights the Horde.

Numbers: There is no need to claim that High Elves are numerous, just that they exist. Apparently not all Void Elves are Blood Elves, some are High Elves. https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Elf_Wayfarer
    Would perfectly explain High Elf features on Void Elves

Too similar to Blood Elves: This argument died when Void Elves were introduced. They look identical to Blood Elves when wearing armor. Plus, Alleria is basically the Void Elf faction leader and she keeps her eye and skin color, even has tattoos. It would make sense that some of her followers looked like her. And again, Pandaren are literally the same race yet are on opposing factions.
    So you pick up a pandaren as your example, to say that Alleria void elf followers could magically revert into High Elves? Ok.
    Also Void elves were blood elves that were exiled from Silvermoon because they researched the void and they had no blue eyes and were not the pure high elves.
    They can't magically revert into High Elfs just to look like Alleria. Makes no sense.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-03 at 01:52 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Kaldorei (Meaning: Children) (Night elves) [Alliance]
    Children of the stars.[/QUOTE]

Quel'dorei (Meaning: Children of the Noble Birth) (Highborne/High Elven - Pure highborne left are not much of those left now, they gave up everything that made them night elves, including moonwells) [Once Alliance, still supporting alliance, they have a bad reception at Alliance, commonly mistaken by blood elves, high elves are now almost extinct.]
    Bad reception or not, whatever your personal view on them are, they are Alliance.

Shal'dorei (Meaning: Children of the Stars)(Nightborne) [Now Horde because refused by Tyrande]
    Children of the night

Dorei can be translated to 'child' or 'born'.

Night elves and Blood elves are on opposite factions, so why would they make that minority almost extincted pure Highborne be part of the Alliance?
    Why?

Because they are Alliance.

The pure Highborne left ain't enough to make a race playable.
    But then I will have to point to the other decimated races that are playable.

And to Void elves.

They are likely just meant to be now NPCs.
    This is inconsequential.

There's other more elf races to be added, and High elves are not one of them.
    How many of them, why. San'layn? Yeah I want those for the Horde.

Why High elves would not be one of them? They are enough, they are Alliance, they aren't Blood elves (basically), it's Alliance identity.

That's why they added void elves instead.
    This might be the case but they didn't said anything about this either so... Even if that was the case, it would not change the base argument.

This thread is basically closed since void elves were introduced, and makes zero sense to blood elves to gain blue eyes too.
    I would not say that if I were you, Void elves can't replace High elves, there is still a want for them as long as they exist in the Alliance.

Also... I agree that Blood elves shouldn't get blue eyes. It's simply out of character of what they are, their war marks are the green eyes, and their hope is showed with the golden eyes, and both of them show their recklessness and survival of their darkest times. Blue eyes are a sign of the past. I would not want my Blood elf to be able to get these back (even tho I would like it, since it looks pretty).
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2019-11-03 at 01:59 AM.

Children of the stars are the night elf. I'm tired, it's almost 2am here. Also typing so much on a little space of a forum with my sleepy eyes makes me type stuff wrong. It's chilren of the night, exactly. I think just because people wants blue eyes so badly they want high elves at all costs. But doesn't make sense for them to exist and we already have too much elves on wow. @Aldo Hawk

5+ Year Old Account
    Children of the stars are the night elf. I'm tired, it's almost 2am here. Also typing so much on a little space of a forum with my sleepy eyes makes me type stuff wrong. It's chilren of the night, exactly. I think just because people wants blue eyes so badly they want high elves at all costs. But doesn't make sense for them to exist and we already have too much elves on wow. @Aldo Hawk
    I'm sorry, I noticed I went kind of pedantic about it, I just wanted to not let these things out there because it can look kinda confusing.

I don't agree that there are too much elves. I mean, they are 4, and others have got one variant, just doubling the amount of a variability races could have, and Forsaken, Goblin and Worgen don't have a counterpart, and also elves are a popular option, I just don't agree that there are too many of them, I would agree if they had like 6 or 8 variants of them. And this is mixing Night elves and Void elves as a whole concept of 'elf', getting 4 variants between them all and not 2 for each one.

So you pick up a pandaren as your example, to say that Alleria void elf followers could magically revert into High Elves? Ok.
    Also Void elves were blood elves that were exiled from Silvermoon because they researched the void and they had no blue eyes and were not the pure high elves.
    They can't magically revert into High Elfs just to look like Alleria. Makes no sense.
    No, I picked Pandaren as an example to justify the same race fighting on opposing factions.

Yes Void Elves are Blood Elves AND High Elves. Did you check the link to the gamepedia page? There are High Elves npcs in the Void Elf starting area. Some Void Elves were never Blood Elves, some were High Elves who refused to feed on fel magic. There is no need to revert anything.
    Secondly, since Alleria is void infused and still keeps her High Elf features it would make sense for some of her High Elf followers to be the same

Quote Originally Posted by Selinde View Post
    No, I picked Pandaren as an example to justify the same race fighting on opposing factions.

Yes Void Elves are Blood Elves AND High Elves. Did you check the link to the gamepedia page? There are High Elves npcs in the Void Elf starting area. Some Void Elves were never Blood Elves, some were High Elves who refused to feed on fel magic. There is no need to revert anything.
    Secondly, since Alleria is void infused and still keeps her High Elf features it would make sense for some of her High Elf followers to be the same
    No Void elves are blood elves after high elves being renamed blood elves.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, I noticed I went kind of pedantic about it, I just wanted to not let these things out there because it can look kinda confusing.

I don't agree that there are too much elves. I mean, they are 4, and others have got one variant, just doubling the amount of a variability races could have, and Forsaken, Goblin and Worgen don't have a counterpart, and also elves are a popular option, I just don't agree that there are too many of them, I would agree if they had like 6 or 8 variants of them. And this is mixing Night elves and Void elves as a whole concept of 'elf', getting 4 variants between them all and not 2 for each one.
    Don't worry i get it, just keep it a healthy discussion Well i think that we compared to new races we can get, elves are higher than anything else. I would like to have something more than elves as new races. Something new, or even ethereals for example.