Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Because it wasn't on the forefront of my thoughts back then.

But the more I think about it now, the less likely it seems to that the people currently in power are going to give it up because of some elections. They've already begun delegitimizing the results of the elections. Breitbart is starting to post more and more articles on how the Democrats are going to cheat in November, cheat-in-balots, etc. Same for Fox News. Supreme Court judges today also ruled that the president and his staff can not be investigated for crimes apparently.
    So, then you should have no issues with the Democrats running Biden, since it is all inevitably fruitless... right?

Breitbart is starting to post more and more articles on how the Democrats are going to cheat in November, cheat-in-balots, etc. Same for Fox News.
    And that's different than past elections...how?

Supreme Court judges today also ruled that the president and his staff can not be investigated for crimes apparently.
    What ruling today? There doesn't seem to be one. This is why linking to sources helps, especially when you constantly make absurd claims.

It feels distinctly more aggressive with much more rebellious undertones than the past few elections to me. It also seems much more organized and concerted than usual, not just the random off-hand comments, but a visceral focus on how November is going to get rigged.

Sorry, I read a lot of stuff and information on a single day and I don't write down the sources for everything. I believe the SCOTUS released a statement today stating they side with the President on that his duties as a president should not be impeded by investigations on accusations of crimes which seem politically motivated.
    You're drunk. Go home.

Last ruling was May 7th. They're hearing oral arguments today. Any decisions that will be issued this week will be issued on the 14th.
    Everything to do with Trump is up for argument tomorrow.

If only there was a website that has all the court's decisions and schedule somewhere rather than pulling things out of your ass.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/

It feels distinctly more aggressive with much more rebellious undertones than the past few elections to me. It also seems much more organized and concerted than usual, not just the random off-hand comments, but a visceral focus on how November is going to get rigged.
    It was never just "random", conservative media have been "Worried" about voter fraud for quite a while, and that ramped up hard last election when they were priming for Trump's loss.

Sorry, I read a lot of stuff and information on a single day and I don't write down the sources for everything.
    Cool, me too! I can be hard to remember literally everything you see in a day. But I usually remember enough to be able to quickly search for a link to what I just saw.

I believe the SCOTUS released a statement today stating they side with the President on that his duties as a president should not be impeded by investigations on accusations of crimes which seem politically motivated.
    https://www.chicagolawbulletin.com/d...water-20200511

Doesn't seem to have happened. And they'd have released a ruling stating that the law sides with the president, not a statement siding with the president. They don't "pick sides".

Trust me, even my browsing history doesn't help much.

But here, I found it:
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pres...ry?id=70576085

I misremembered it seems, a ruling still needs to be made.
    A ruling needs to be made? They haven't even taken the case, dude. And they very likely may punt it and let the lower court ruling stand.

- - - Updated - - -

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/11/p...est/index.html

For our resident "leftists"

While the House has been out of session amid the deadly pandemic, Democrats have been working for weeks behind the scenes to piece together the bill, which is expected to include direct assistance to Americans, bolster unemployment insurance, provide new funding for mail-in voting, bail out cash-strapped states and cities, give money for distressed businesses, help with student loan assistance and give aid for rent and mortgage payments.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has been pushing to get the bill finalized and voted on by the full chamber this week.
    And

Top White House economic adviser Kevin Hassett and other Trump administration officials asserted on Sunday that they do not believe a fourth economic stimulus package is needed right now.
    And

That comes as Senate GOP leaders have made clear that there is no appetite for another sweeping relief package, saying they need to assess how the recent onslaught of funding has been implemented before taking another dramatic step.
    A reminder of what Democrats, and Pelosi, face in their attempts to pass bills providing additional relief and support during the pandemic.

What House Democrats are pushing for is all great stuff and I'd love to see the specifics when they're ready, but it's all on-point for what we need minus more PPE (still waiting on Trump to enact the DPA on that). Now we have to see what they can get Republicans to agree with.

Because again, Democrats aren't perfect, but they're trying right now. Queen Pelosi, as the kids say, is pushing hard. The "problem" is that they have to get enough votes in the Senate to pass it, and have Trump sign it. Because they're not overriding a veto.

Is it perfect? No. But much like Biden, it's an improvement over the current situation and could actually have meaningful benefits on the lives of tens of millions of working class Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, then you should have no issues with the Democrats running Biden, since it is all inevitably fruitless... right?
    Tempting to think that way given most Americans seem to want to back one of the two bigots running for office, or three if you count Amash. You do come across as mentally backward and uncivilized, and you are right it is difficult for any one to give a shit what happens to you.

Unfortunately the people most hurt by the current and oncoming shitshow will be people who didn't vote for either and can't get health insurance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Is it perfect? No. But much like Biden, it's an improvement over the current situation and could actually have meaningful benefits on the lives of tens of millions of working class Americans.
    Oh FFS for the last 40 years the American worker has been taking it up the arse from the Democrats as much as the Republicans.

LIVING STANDARDS REMAINED STAGNANT FOR EVERY YEAR THE DEMOCRATS WERE IN OFFICE WHILE EXECUTIVE PAY SKYROCKETED.

You have be born yesterday to believe any advantages will accrue from a Democrat or Republican presidency. So, take your cherry-picked examples and shove it up your arse you corporate cocksucker.
    Last edited by Thirdpase; 2020-05-11 at 05:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdpase View Post
    You have be born yesterday to believe any advantages will accrue from a Democrat or Republican presidency. So, take your cherry-picked examples and shove it up your arse you corporate rooster lover.
    Just a reminder, Trump Organization, is literally a corporation. Anyone that can’t see the difference between ACA and a 15% tax cut to corporations, is blind.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I just watched a couple of "Joe Biden's brain melting" youtube videos, I really feel sorry for the guy. Can't believe the Dems are cruel enough to be pushing that old coot into a massacre.

Can't wait for first Presidential debate, gonna be a laugh riot.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    I just watched a couple of "Joe Biden's brain melting" youtube videos, I really feel sorry for the guy. Can't believe the Dems are cruel enough to be pushing that old coot into a massacre.

Because youtube is only the bestliest source of information...you people crack me up. But please, keep on helping Trump win - we'll keep cleaning up your messes.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, how did Hillary’s debate with her iron lung work out? What was the best part? Trump snorting like he’s been doing aderoll lines for hours? Was it ‘Hillary has powerful men supporting her campaign... I have powerful men supporting me too, they choose to remain hidden’?

As good as Trump is supposed to be at debates, he seems to melt when the audience isn’t full of supporters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Because youtube is only the bestliest source of information...you people crack me up. But please, keep on helping Trump win - we'll keep cleaning up your messes.
    It’s funny, because 4 years ago, we were being convinced Hillary lives in an iron lung, because YouTube videos spliced videos making her look sick and idiots mistook a microphone box, for a defibrillator. They don’t learn...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Naw. Sorry, you don't get to rewrite history. You let us know what you stand for and it's immortalized in signatures all over these forums.

And even with your modification, this stance that Trump is more progressive than Biden is utter nonsense.
    It is not a "stance", you just look at their respective wikipedia pages:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

1. Biden has a history of supporting segregation, Trump doesn't.
    2. Biden opposed gays in the military, Trump explicitly stated he didn't care.
    3. Biden was a very vocal cheerleader for Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Trump has ended the Afghan war.
    4. Biden has a long history of associating with, campaigning for and fundraising for white supremacists and Republicans whereas pretty much all establishment Republicans hate Trump.
    5. Biden has a long history of opposition to abortion. Trump doesn't.*

This is all contained in very basic sources about the two.

To believe Biden is more progressive you have to completely ignore the existence of Biden's history before the Obama presidency, which is a tiny fraction of Biden's life.

You have to take at face value Biden's deliberately vague statements on the campaign trail, which he will walk back from the moment he is elected. For even reasonably intelligent people it is obvious he will do that because Obama and Clinton did much the same thing: make vacuous statements about inclusiveness and equality in office but govern in the interest of Wall St in practice.

This is all extremely predictable.

Now, go back to your accusations that people are not going along with the horrible disaster that is Biden are ALL Trump supporters, Russina trolls, misogynists, and foreigners (channel that Trump-like xenophobia) before one of your pet moderators protects you from logic and reality.

*Trump is a vile human being. None of this should be interpreted as a Trump endorsement. The problem with corporate democrats is that they would rather have Trump than someone who would actually govern in the interests of the people.
    Last edited by Goatlisp; 2020-05-12 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatlisp View Post
    It is not a "stance", you just look at their respective wikipedia pages:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump
    LOL
    1. Biden has a history of supporting segregation, Trump doesn't.
    Bidens has almost famously been against segregation, both in SA and the USA. You might want to look into the who bussing thing with some nuance.
    Trumps 'dont rent to blacks', recent moves in Isreal, along with his views on poverty clearly show he believes in racial, religious and class segregation.
    2. Biden opposed gays in the military, Trump explicitly stated he didn't care.
    Biden has had a journey to gay rights but gonna need a source for that claim.
    Trump has actively attacked LGBT rights in healthcare, employment, housing, education, commerce, the military, prisons and sports.
    3. Biden was a very vocal cheerleader for Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Trump has ended the Afghan war.
    Biden and Trump both supported the Iraq and Afghan wars, and then both became doves supporting ending them. Trump hasnt ended the Afghan war what the fuck are you talking about, its still raging and the peace talks collapsed over prisioner swaps. You seem to have been pr couped. Thats not suprising.
    4. Biden has a long history of associating with, campaigning for and fundraising for white supremacists and Republicans whereas pretty much all establishment Republicans hate Trump.
    I mean his eulogies and we can work together seem to be old boys club ideas based on his own class and irish tokenism assumptions. They arent great buts hes not a man frozen in time. You will have to source the fundraising stuff. Establishment republicans hating trump is a nonsense. Hes the pinnacle of the GOP and the tea party insurgency. Hes actively praised white supremacists, racists and bigots. Hes fundraised for them and employed them, which is no suprise given that he is a white supremacist.
    5. Biden has a long history of opposition to abortion. Trump doesn't.*
    Catholic past, again hes said he will codify Roe v. Wade into federal law and restore federal funding to Planned Parenthood as well no longer supporting the Hyde amendment.
    Trump has been hosting anti abortion rallies.

This is all contained in very basic sources about the two.
    This is probably the problem, you only have very basic knowledge of anything like that ending the Afghan war comment. Its what happens when you read wikipedia and twitter instead of books and nuanced analysis.

To believe Biden is more progressive you have to completely ignore the existence of Biden's history before the Obama presidency, which is a tiny fraction of Biden's life.
    I mean there is a reason hes refered to as the lesser evil....
    You have to take at face value Biden's deliberately vague statements on the campaign trail, which he will walk back from the moment he is elected. For even reasonably intelligent people it is obvious he will do that because Obama and Clinton did much the same thing: make vacuous statements about inclusiveness and equality in office but govern in the interest of Wall St in practice.

This is all extremely predictable.
    This is extremely shallow, and too hard to know where to start deconstructing it.
    Now, go back to your accusations that people are not going along with the horrible disaster that is Biden are ALL Trump supporters, Russina trolls, misogynists, and foreigners (channel that Trump-like xenophobia) before one of your pet moderators protects you from logic and reality.
    Big rightwing youtuber vibes.
    *Trump is a vile human being. None of this should be interpreted as a Trump endorsement. The problem with corporate democrats is that they would rather have Trump than someone who would actually govern in the interests of the people.
    After you completey ignore the nature and reality of trump it seems a bit bullshit to put a disclaimer in. Cowardly even.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2020-05-12 at 10:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is a vile human being. None of this should be interpreted as a Trump endorsement. The problem with corporate democrats is that they would rather have Trump than someone who would actually govern in the interests of the people.
    Trying to convince people that voting democrat is like voting Trump? Do you think voting Trump is voting Trump?

I think your only interest, is the same as Trumps.

Biden was a very vocal cheerleader for Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Trump has ended the Afghan war.
    Uhm... Trump just vetoed congress, giving him self war powers on Iran... like... days ago...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    After you completey ignore the nature and reality of trump it seems a bit bullshit to put a disclaimer in. Cowardly even.
    He is attacking democrats on abortion... no, as pro choice... /facepalm
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-12 at 12:19 PM.

What a complete fucking weasel you are.

Well The trump precedent that mental incapacity is no barrier to the highest office so why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Most people understood that. And most of democratic voters elected Biden precisely for that (he puts FL and other swing states in play. And no, sanders would have lost FL)
    florida was never ever in play for sanders. and it never will be because a lot of people there are in there 60's.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    florida was never ever in play for sanders. and it never will be because a lot of people there are in there 60's.
    That's the point i'm making. Getting FL out of the picture from the get go makes his path to victory much more narrow than the path of victory Of Biden.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    IF this thread is any basis for the election...

Most of the Trump and Bernie holdouts seem to be
    • HArdened apolitical types, that dont participate outside of online spaces.
    • People that run multiple alt accounts.

Besides getting an incompetent racist demagogue out of the White House and saving millions of lives, the next best thing about Biden winning will be that so many people’s theories of how politics work will dissolve overnight. So many people learned the wrong lessons from 2016.
    Government Affiliated Snark

LOL

Bidens has almost famously been against segregation, both in SA and the USA. You might want to look into the who bussing thing with some nuance.
    I see, so he was only in favour of "some" forms of segregation. So that's alright then.

- - - Updated - - -

Biden has had a journey to gay rights but gonna need a source for that claim.
    Can you not read the links I provided?

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    IF this thread is any basis for the election...

Most of the Trump and Bernie holdouts seem to be
    • HArdened apolitical types, that dont participate outside of online spaces.
    • People that run multiple alt accounts.

Besides getting an incompetent racist demagogue out of the White House and saving millions of lives, the next best thing about Biden winning will be that so many people’s theories of how politics work will dissolve overnight. So many people learned the wrong lessons from 2016.
    Well, most of the Bernie holdouts are actually British and European Trump supporters... who also happen to run multiple accounts.