7+ Year Old Account
    Trump also admitted that his Space Force move to Alabama was solely his decision and completely political. It's always about what helps trump.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...entagon-2021-8

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Again trolling me by saying my name incorrect, I would do the same but i have already been banned for it once...stay classy. This guy along with others claim by voting for someone, you support them. Thereby, you all support your current President lying to the American people and turning his back at questions. about a monumental failure. Notice how cubby trolls me then talks Trump never ending because that is what he needs to keep going.
    Oh, I got your name right. You are notorious on these forums for your lies and misstatements. And you repeat your insanity with the above. We don't think you support Trump because you voted for him, we know you support him because of your continual statements and blind loyalty to a traitor and a coward.

The airport in kabul is not safe. I checked with an air force airfield management expert. Given 5000 feet of road, with 70 feet of side space, they can build an airstrip in 12 hours with communications and security. The first 2 planes landing to pick up people would be carrying extra personnel and equipment if needed. Without an existing road to use, they would need closer to 20-24 hours to pour concrete continuously and have it usable. That's 24 hours to build an airstrip controlled by allied forces to evacuate people easily. And currently the ambassador is telling people not to go to kabul airport. This is easily doable, why is it not being done?
    You literally have no idea what you're talking about. And while Biden has already made a number of mistakes with the Afghan withdrawal, I'm going to go ahead and run with the experts in the field, rather than some halfwit who sides with liars and traitors.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You feel morally superior for electing a man who is at Reagan levels of functionality. Everyone knew Reagan was not running the country at the end. You guys base support on who you vote for even though ALL of you voted against Trump and not for Biden. You guys admitted it for days and months and thousands of posts, yet you can not show any post where I agreed with Trump. Just a poll saying I would not vote for a democrat. I guess your morals are low for you to be able to strawman that argument. Democrat using his morals to strawman a point.....recycled theme here at the liberal mmoc
    We ARE morally superior for electing a man who isn't a corrupt, lying, gaslighting, grifting, empty wind bag. Trump was a horror show of a human being and easily one of the top three worst presidents we've ever had. Period. Objectively.

Biden is a good man trying to do a good job, and those that are informed know he's trying to do a good job. That's all we can ask. And it's what we never saw with Trump. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump suggested his audience take the vaccine tonight and got booed at his own rally.
    I remain in the dark as to why. Trump is an idiot, a science denier, and fat, but he's made a lot of noise about how he and he alone made the vaccine and it was the best bestiest best vaccine.

Yes, I know Trump intentionally cultivated a rabid fanbase of conspiracy theorists, but they still almost always accept what he says as fact. Like, to a suicidal fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I just saw that Trump played the speech from Patton at the rally. I wonder how Disney feels about him using one of their films.
    Disney has likely lost more in business due to Trump's outbreak than Trump is worth. I imagine they wouldn't mind an excuse to go Dominion on his giant fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I remain in the dark as to why. Trump is an idiot, a science denier, and fat, but he's made a lot of noise about how he and he alone made the vaccine and it was the best bestiest best vaccine.

Yes, I know Trump intentionally cultivated a rabid fanbase of conspiracy theorists, but they still almost always accept what he says as fact. Like, to a suicidal fault
    Cognitive dissonance
    When something matches with their view of the world its true and should be followed. When it doesn't match its conveniently ignored.

Its not that they do whatever Trump wants them to do, its that he says what they want to hear.

He can get them riled up and stupidly assault Congress because they want to hear that the Dems are the enemy, that the election they lost was stolen and that they can be heroes by 'standing ready'.

He can't get them to get vaccinated because that directly conflicts with their belief that its bad (take your pick of Autism, tracking implants or whatever).

He can steer the cult a little, he doesn't directly control it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes, I know Trump intentionally cultivated a rabid fanbase of conspiracy theorists, but they still almost always accept what he says as fact. Like, to a suicidal fault.
    Trump is a Symptom, not a cause. His Boorish personality and trading of Dogwhistles for Loudspeakers just served as confirmation bias for the worst parts of our electorate. They projected themselves onto this craven, barely literate shithead because they resonated with what he said and how he acted, and felt any attack against him was an attack against them in turn. That's part of why they followed him; not in support -of- Trump, but in opposition to anything that wasn't Trump.

So when Trump decides to go back on something he said, so publicly as to not be able to deny his words as 'doctored', they lose a bit of that projection and hate him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Cognitive dissonance
    When something matches with their view of the world its true and should be followed. When it doesn't match its conveniently ignored.
    Actual Trump quote about polls from CPAC last month:

If it's bad, I say it's fake. If it's good, I say that's the most accurate poll perhaps ever.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1414348303031017475
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

https://gizmodo.com/trumps-border-wa...ins-1847535174

FUCKING YAY. Billions wasted on a fucking wall that fell down because of fucking RAIN. They ignored bedrock environmental laws and now the fucking wall is literally SWISS CHEESE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    https://gizmodo.com/trumps-border-wa...ins-1847535174

FUCKING YAY. Billions wasted on a fucking wall that fell down because of fucking RAIN. They ignored bedrock environmental laws and now the fucking wall is literally SWISS CHEESE.
    Well, it was clearly only ever supposed to be nothing more than a monument or a statement. It was good enough, if it lasted through Trumps presidency.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Well, it was clearly only ever supposed to be nothing more than a monument or a statement. It was good enough, if it lasted through Trumps presidency.
    I've always said that the wall would be a good monument to the Trump presidency.

Expensive, ineffective, and left moldering away in some forgotten section of desert.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    When has he not. It's shitposting, misinformation, bad faith arguments, and conspiracies with little texas.
    Got anything coherent to add to the conversation, or just trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Trump is a Symptom, not a cause. His Boorish personality and trading of Dogwhistles for Loudspeakers just served as confirmation bias for the worst parts of our electorate. They projected themselves onto this craven, barely literate shithead because they resonated with what he said and how he acted, and felt any attack against him was an attack against them in turn. That's part of why they followed him; not in support -of- Trump, but in opposition to anything that wasn't Trump.

So when Trump decides to go back on something he said, so publicly as to not be able to deny his words as 'doctored', they lose a bit of that projection and hate him for it.
    I am so thankful that the leader they chose is someone who is very incompetent. Possibly intentionally incompetent, who knows. The Trump supporters that do things like pull someone's mask down and then spit in their face are all riled up and looking for some trouble. They have not finished their story yet, and they may end up doing a LOT more damage before fading away.

They ARE losing, but only slowly, and they may be able to make significant gains in 2022. If so, we will have to support President Biden and Vice President Harris as they will be our last lines of defense - the House Speaker would either be McCarthy, or someone substantially worse. Trump will go away. The people who made him President will not. At least not for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy along with others claim by voting for someone, you support them.
    That's the literal definition of support. It's not just some idea in your head, you actually took specific action to voluntarily endorse and support their election.

You keep deflecting from this.

You'd waste less of people's time if you stopped playing this silly-ass game that you lost months ago and just admit the truth. Your repeated denial when we have concrete admissions that it's false, from you yourself, just continue to paint you as a bad-faith agitator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Billions wasted on a fucking wall that fell down because of fucking RAIN.
    Yes, we know, we covered that back in...holy shit, it happened a second time? As a reminder, Jan 30 2020 the Wall was torn in half by wind. Now it's being knocked over by earth and water. If part burns down, does that mean we summon Captain Planet or Thrall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, we know, we covered that back in...holy shit, it happened a second time? As a reminder, Jan 30 2020 the Wall was torn in half by wind. Now it's being knocked over by earth and water. If part burns down, does that mean we summon Captain Planet or Thrall?
    Has anyone told the ex-Trump administration idiots that we've got something like 5,000 years of practice building walls, many of which have managed to largely stand intact for not just tens of years, not hundreds, but thousands?

Like, not being able to build a wall that can withstand basic weather for even a few years, that's pathetic. I'd expect more out of a local boy-scouts club, let alone the Federal Government of the United States of America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Has anyone told the ex-Trump administration idiots that we've got something like 5,000 years of practice building walls, many of which have managed to largely stand intact for not just tens of years, not hundreds, but thousands?
    Let me remind you, @TexasRules and other Trump defenders, and everyone else what Trump said while campaigning and running:

I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall
    Literally none of that happened. Trump either lied, or he was incompetent. There is no third option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Guys! Guys! We finally have a new date!
    He's a danger to himself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I've always said that the wall would be a good monument to the Trump presidency.

Expensive, ineffective, and left moldering away in some forgotten section of desert.
    Honestly, in a slightly better timeline, Trump and his cronies would be paying out of pocket to have that garbage removed and recycled into something useful.