Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It means you add a bunch of spices to a thing to make it taste better, like a raid opening or pvp ranking starting.
    Thanks for the explanation, I think I did that to a steak once.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think this is Blizzard best opportunity to do more than just the usual panels, instead making longer individual panels, but spread out over a longer period of time.
    It would stymie the drought, and would make each panel more worthwhile, instead of what we usual have where each panel might only have a tiny amount of actual info.
    I'm sorry but that's a terrible idea. Only a very, very, very small fraction of players would want that.

Just give us the greater crux of info in one go, as per usual. It will be a really lacking experience to have to wait several weeks for each feature to be explained.

7+ Year Old Account
    They should aim for a december release, just to emulate cataclysm.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, I think I did that to a steak once.
    Better have basted it

Why would they ever get rid of WQs? I don’t think anyone hates them, they just want more things to do outside of combat instances.

Hence why housing is very likely. Their last 3-4 combat gamemodes have either been hated or had mixed results... so why not do a system with no combat?

7+ Year Old Account
    'Season' is just a fancy way of saying 'Raid Tier'.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    There is only one Shadowlands. Something something rope made of many threads something.
    Nozdormu: This Garrosh was merely the worst of all possible timelimes..... which means all iterations are going to be tortured forever *jerma sus face*

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Yeah, imo it's gonna be Ion talking, showing us the CGI cinematic then the "what's new" trailer, finishing with the "Pre-orders are open as we speak" blabla, nothing really long, but hopefully exciting (even if we say that every time)
    I kinda hope we will have some slides as well. We need stuff. Unless the november release is legit and beta start immediately, we need a whole bunch of pictures to overanalyze. Granted we will have the trailers so I might be a greedy little shit. But I like the slides that come with every major content reveal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    Why would they ever get rid of WQs? I don’t think anyone hates them, they just want more things to do outside of combat instances.

Hence why housing is very likely. Their last 3-4 combat gamemodes have either been hated or had mixed results... so why not do a system with no combat?
    We need two things.

1) Things to do outside of combat

2) Engaging open world content

Housing would help with the former.

I kind of figured Season 4 is just going to be arbitrary length to fill the gap as a way to make the content draught feel like it's not as long.

It can be 4 months, it can be 8 months. Blizzard is very good at PR answers and "a season typically lasts 6-8 months" is very intentionally a non answer that feels like an answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    The “World” part is entirely different actually, all the letters have been touched up.

Could just be a modernization, but maybe they are trying to reboot the brand?
    Lately it’s a trend to change popular game titles to a bolded font.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiruz View Post
    I saw like 3 system designers from WoW team hyping tweet reveal, so I guess we can expect some new system-type-thing in new expansion. But i guess that's expected either way. I hope they improve and iterate over group finder feature more.
    It better be something more than the new borrowed power.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I'm sorry but that's a terrible idea. Only a very, very, very small fraction of players would want that.

Just give us the greater crux of info in one go, as per usual. It will be a really lacking experience to have to wait several weeks for each feature to be explained.
    It hasn't been done before though, so it's really impossible to say whether it would be worse than what we usually get.
    There are several ways to go about it as well. Maybe we get told only the bare minimum for each individual feature, with a more comprehensive one coming at later dates.

Usually what we get is everything worth telling at that point, which is both not that comprehensive, or necessarily correct by the time the expansion comes out.
    This version would instead give us better understanding of each feature, while only really coming at the cost of a less than ideal initial presentatio. Which given those presentations tend to be mostly irrelevant by the time the alpha opens might be in need of a better approach.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    I'm expecting them to go back to a bare bones expansion after all the borrowed power complaints.

- Level to 70
    - New Talent row at 70
    - Gear up thru Mythic + / Raid / PvP
    - Only way to get gear is thru the above
    - 1 new rep per zone that'll have a few daily quests to do; no player power.
    - Flying purchasable with gold upon reaching max level.
    - 3 new raids; 1 with 8 bosses and 2 single boss raids that'll have a hard mode type activation like Sartharion.

World quests will be removed due to being unpopular, just a few dailies to advance reps in each zone. No new expansion feature like Garrisons/Order Halls/Islands/Covs. No more Emissaries or Callings.
    If you actually want to see the WoW playerbase die completely, this is a good way to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Nozdormu: This Garrosh was merely the worst of all possible timelimes..... which means all iterations are going to be tortured forever *jerma sus face*
    A heroic alternate Garrosh dies chronologically after the events of the Shadowlands. He gasps his last surrounded by his loved ones, exalted in his good deeds and tears rolling down his cheeks believing that he will find peace at last.

Faster than being able to mentally process anything at all, he is melted into oblivion and becomes +1 spec of ash on the pile sitting there in the Sanctum.

Fucking bravo, writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    If you actually want to see the WoW playerbase die completely, this is a good way to do it!
    And yet the game reached 12 mil players doing that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post

You would hate the way FFXIV reveals expansions, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    In the year 2008. If you haven't noticed gaming trends, and what the average consumer wants out of a game, has changed tremendously since then.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    My hype level will increase when reveal will hit one of these spots:

- revamp (although I have almost 0 expectations for this after name drop)
    - housing
    - class skins
    - heroic version of world
    - official support for organizing groups similar to old openraid

And every time I'll hear 'account-wide'.

Also I unironically would prefer August '23 release. Best (imo) launches happened this month, expac must be ready (not only launch, but also solid patch plan), game have ocean of content and S4 should be start of new philosophy. M+ at least for MoP and WoD. Introducing timewalking earlier. Making bonus tiers in between or at the end that would bring back some best modern raids like BRF or Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    Let's ignore that WoW was fresh game back then and most people tried and quit (in 2013 they revealed that 100 million accounts were made since 2004). Wrath good, retail bad.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-04-12 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Unpopular opinion but getting the Sage CGI teaser with vocals sounding like they were in a wind tunnel on a bad Bluetooth mic...and then waiting like 5 months for the actual trailer with the same Emet-Selch voiceover kinda dulled some of the awesome factor, though.

Imagine if the first time we heard Footfalls, saw the moon, heard "tolling the coming of the end" was JUST the full experience? Even more goosebumps.

I feel similarly to reprising the cinematic themes as final boss battle tunes. I can't imagine how much I'd lose it if the first time I heard Shadowbringers was when we grabbed Arbert's axe. There's definite downsides and upsides to the way Blizzard drops info largely at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I wouldn't know how they reveal them as I've never played FF.

Edit- tell a lie, I tried the trial. Wasn't for me. Never looked into anything about the game.