5+ Year Old Account
    While I don't understand this desire for High Elves on Alliance side you guys are definitely working hard to find a place for it to fit and some of these concepts are pretty cool.

On the Druid part though have you considered the Nightborne at all? Some of them, more specifically the Grove Tenders and High Botanist Tel'arn seem to approach Druidism from the opposite direction from the side of the Arcane instead of from Nature and reaching pretty much the same result.

Very similar to a Balance druid I thought, in fact I was kinda expecting the Nightborne to have Druidism entirely because of this and their new connection to the Arcan'dor.

Maybe this concept would work with that in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcene View Post
    While I don't understand this desire for High Elves on Alliance side you guys are definitely working hard to find a place for it to fit and some of these concepts are pretty cool.

On the Druid part though have you considered the Nightborne at all? Some of them, more specifically the Grove Tenders and High Botanist Tel'arn seem to approach Druidism from the opposite direction from the side of the Arcane instead of from Nature and reaching pretty much the same result.

Very similar to a Balance druid I thought, in fact I was kinda expecting the Nightborne to have Druidism entirely because of this and their new connection to the Arcan'dor.

Maybe this concept would work with that in mind?
    This is thinking outside the box. Hadn't even occurred to me up to this point. The Arcan'dor also pretty much cleansed them of magic reliance in one go. It was druidic in origin and a catastrophe turned people into the spiders that many of us oh so loathe in the zone. Yet nobody's more Arcane absorbed than they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    If Void Elfs have a large enough population, if Lightforged Draenei have a large enough population, if the population is large enough to support an existing faction...then he is wrong and simply pushing that line to excuse a decision already made.

If Blizzard don't want to add High Elfs, they should just come out and say so and stop making these nonsensical excuses and tell the Alliance players to just go away.

Arguing that Blizzard can change Blood Elfs SLIGHTLY to create Void Elfs, but that even major changes aren't good enough to allow for the addition of High Elfs, as some people are doing, is simple spite. I can't think of any better word for it. A High Elf using a different model, with different racials and animations, with different class selection and a lore that continues the story of their separation rather than follows the Blood Elf storyline cannot possibly intrude upon the identity or faction of Blood Elfs....yet some people here insist that even such a change would be unacceptable to them, apparently because other people would be getting enjoyment something they've spent that past decade or more denying would be possible. Killing off the High Elfs isn't going to happen, nor would to solve the issue,. Giving the Alliance a High Elf substitute is simply a sign Blizzard is completely missing the point...and it isn't working. The only solution is to give the Alliance High Elfs, but that doesn't equate to giving them the Blood Elf model or making them copies of the Blood Elf.

- - - Updated - - -

If it'll shut them up...why not?

PRECISELY

I can see when you say you haven't read my posts on the issue, you were being serious.

Since it escaped your notice, I suggested making MAJOR changes to the High Elfs to allow them to create their own factional identity that is DIFFERENT from the Blood Elfs.

I suggested different racials.
    I suggested different mounts - Stags and Eagles.
    I suggested different classes - Warrior, Shaman, Druid, Hunter, Rogue
    I suggested dropping the Blood Elfs iconic classes of Priest, Paladin and Mages.
    I suggested embracing the architecture style of the old Night Elf Empire and embracing a Roman motif, very different from the style of Blood Elfs Middle Eat/Arabic style.
    I suggested keeping the Silver Covenant as a separate faction so the players need not be associated with that group.
    I suggested a very different one - isolationist, defensive, almost xenophobic
    I suggested an Ice motif against the Blood Elfs Fire motif.

And so on.

I suggested creating a High Elf faction that was very different from the Blood Elfs in look, appearance, style and politics and which was very deliberately moving away from the Blood Elf culture which not only had rejected them, but which they viewed as sharing a degree of responsibility for the tragedy. Hence, looking back to the past and the embrace of the magic of nature, and a return to the Romanesque style of the Night Elf Empire.

Which part of the suggestion I offered copies that of the Blood Elfs? That they have pointy ears, an eye glow and speak Elf?

Go read the suggestion I have made...which are essentially that the Alliance can get High Elfs if they change the model and culture in line with their existing story. I am not suggesting that High Elfs keep ANYTHING from the Blood Elfs except a similarity in look. Whether they do or not would depend on how important Blizzard see the issues, but I suggested major changes that would see the High Elfs start from the same place as the Blood Elfs but diverge from us since then. If Blood Elf culture can undergo massive change in that timeframe, so can High Elfs.

Would all Alliance players like such a change? No. But they'd still have High Elfs and would shut up about them.

You are stating that it doesn't matter what changes are made to the High Elfs...that you will denounce them on principle. Void Elfs are OK because you can tell yourself them are "mutants" but even you acknowledge that they are not High Elfs. They are Blood Elfs. Mutations of a Mutation.

You wish to deny others the pleasure of playing a race who existence will not affect your gameplay one bit, will not affect your enjoyment one bit, simply based on the label attached to the model, rather than what the model looks like, or what their story is or how they are portrayed in game. You can't even be bothered to read or understand what arguments are being made before leaping to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what is being said, or what changes are being proposed - you're just going to say no.

As I said...spite.
    Personally, I don't mind their culture and political sphere changing. Same with some alterations to aesthetics to make them just mostly similar. In fact, I'd say that is a requirement. It will make them more interesting while also quieting a lot of the want that people had since Vanilla when gnomes were announced as the final race instead of High Elves. Heck, even if their skeleton changed a bit to make them a bit taller to fit their more nature-ground existence would be alright with me. Still retaining that ranger like look and all, but just a bit different. Tribal beads, hairstyles, etc. They could even have a unique story about a subset breaking off shortly after the sunwell to explain why they're slightly taller but still look similar to Quel'dorei. Potentially just have a story element similar to the Arcan'dor fruit that purged the need for a well to exist. Present or in the past, similar to how Demon Hunter, Worgen and Death Knight are shown in the past and then come to the present through story. Even just written text or a story or book about it to make money beyond what they would cash in.

The point for me would be that a void is literally filled (pun partially intended) and we'd have our WCII Elves and Humans versus Orcs and Ogres (maybe?). In an expansion where they are saying they want to have the feel of the old WCII days.
    Last edited by GRAMMARAXIS; 2018-03-18 at 11:07 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would make the split off somewhere during the Troll Wars it would give them a few thousand years to become a little different. Maybe they start of a remnant of an army that attacked the Armani and somehow got split off from the main forces and lost. (Magical accident perhaps?)

Then maybe they stumble across Night Elf ruins from the Sundering but are still quite stranded from the rest of their people and end up staying there. Then we can they can find [INSERT MAGICAL MCGUFFIN HERE] which changes them somewhat (because we all know that Elves can't get enough of being warped by magic sources) to explain their slightly different appearance.

Then they have a few thousand years to deviate from the High Elves but they still call themselves Quel'dorei. Then we can have us accidentally stumbling across their island during all the naval stuff we're doing right now and there you go.

it needs polish admittedly but I am at work right now so there are probably holes and I can't consult the lore to work out the kinks.

Would probably be more interesting than Void Elves, because while I enjoy them as a race their lack of lore and appearing out of nowhere with no build up nor time to become acquainted to them makes them a little cardboard cut-out.

10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb

Personally I would make the split off somewhere during the Troll Wars it would give them a few thousand years to become a little different. Maybe they start of a remnant of an army that attacked the Armani and somehow got split off from the main forces and lost. (Magical accident perhaps?)

Then maybe they stumble across Night Elf ruins from the Sundering but are still quite stranded from the rest of their people and end up staying there. Then we can they can find [INSERT MAGICAL MCGUFFIN HERE] which changes them somewhat (because we all know that Elves can't get enough of being warped by magic sources) to explain their slightly different appearance.

Then they have a few thousand years to deviate from the High Elves but they still call themselves Quel'dorei. Then we can have us accidentally stumbling across their island during all the naval stuff we're doing right now and there you go.

it needs polish admittedly but I am at work right now so there are probably holes and I can't consult the lore to work out the kinks.

Would probably be more interesting than Void Elves, because while I enjoy them as a race their lack of lore and appearing out of nowhere with no build up nor time to become acquainted to them makes them a little cardboard cut-out.

Interesting theory ... I had always thought of something like that indeed.

When I heard that Alleria and Turalyon (and what I obviously assumed would be their respective Quel'dorei and Silver Hand armies) had been battling the Burning Legion for untold millennia under the protection of a lost Naaru, I immediately thought of how Alleria and her Quel'dorei would have adapted to the absence of their precious Sunwell thanks to the power of the Light, and therefore would have become something like Lightforged Quel'dorei.

In that way, when we had established contact with the Army of the Light, instead of meeting with an army of more-than-usual-holy Draenei pulled from the nothing, we would have met with an army of Holy High Elves with banners of the Ivory Unicorn, commanded by Alleria and Turalyon. Obviously, in that Army of the Light there would also be some Lordaenorian humans along with Turalyon, for instance, a few loyal Templar Knights of the Order of the Silver Hand (there would be only 6 or 7 templar knights because it would be logical to assume that not all humans would have managed to obtain the immortality granted by the Naaru, only Turalyon and his most loyal knights).

Thus, instead of having stupid allied races like those ass-pulled Void Elves or those redundant Lightforged Draenei, we would count at last with the Quel'dorei of the Army of the Light as an allied race for the Alliance. In addition, if the concept of a Void race would be interesting enough, we could have something like a group of isolated Broken (or perhaps Draenei) that, having cut off their relationship with the light, have managed to learn how to use the Void without being controlled by it: the Voidscarred or Draenei of the Void (at least they wouldn't be another race of elves XD).

But, as always, Blizzard has opted for a less interesting narrative ... However, that "Lightforged Quel'dorei" idea was always my plan B

My plan A would be Greenwood, a large mountainous and wooded zone located halfway between Lordaeron and Quel'thalas that in WoW is still is a closed area, being Quel'Lithien Lodge the only clue of its existence currently.

Before the Third War, Greenwood was an area full of magic and wildlife that served as a natural barrier between the human and the elven kingdoms. Although in practice it belonged to the elven kingdom, as it was populated mainly by Quel'dorei, it had some degree of autonomy. Given its proximity to Lordaeron, it was not surprising that the Quel'dorei living there were closer and friendlier to humans and their allies than the elves who lived farther north.

When the Scourge razed the human Kingdom of Lordaeron and began their unstoppable march towards the kingdom of the elves, the Quel'dorei living in Greenwood knew they would be the first to fall, so they resorted to a powerful artefact as their last chance to face Arthas's armies. But it did not go exactly as they wanted, and all Greenwood, or rather, the version of Greenwood at that exact moment was suddenly detached from the reality and was absorbed by the artefact itself.

After the accident, all living creatures of Greenwood had disappeared, the entire area was empty, deserted. The hosts of Arthas found no resistance to stop their march to the Sunwell, thinking that Greenwood's inhabitants had fled to the north. Nobody ever knew what happened to all the living beings of Greenwood, believing that they had died, either by the reckless use of the magic, or by the Scourge.

Even today, what was known as Greenwood is completely desecrated, with its cities in ruins and its woods and rivers still infested by the consequences of the Scourge attack decades ago... but hidden among some ruins of what time ago was a Quel'dorei city, the artefact still remains.

What seems an inert artefact, inside houses nothing more and nothing less than an alternative dimension of Greenwood, the whole area of Greenwood with its woods, rivers, lakes, mountains, unicorns, animals and elven cities that were trapped after the accident, all frozen in time, just at the dawn of the Third War ...

If someone finds the artefact and manages to rescue the entire Greenwood from his lethargy ... I'm sure that both the Horde and the Alliance will try to win the favor of the Greenwood Quel'dorei...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    snip
    This thread has convinced me.

MMO-champion needs a fanfiction forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    The political decisions of any given group, more often than not, directly impact their cultural norms -- especially when said political decisions involve physical conflict.

At the onset of BfA, the schism between the Blood Elves and High Elves will have been ongoing for 11 years. There are dozens of real-world examples that highlight how adequate that timeframe is for values and tendencies adopted as a matter of policy to become cemented in a population, culturally. It only took 5 years for the difference in political mentality between North Korea and South Korea to become entrenched as a cultural mentality, which both sides then viewed as insoluble via diplomacy (hence, the onset of the Korean War).
    But those aren't applicable. That's one of the fundamental points I am making. I have heard that there could be an interesting story in the schism between High Elves and Blood Elves, but I don't believe there is. Because the parallel you are choosing, North and South Korea, is not an accurate one.

A better parallel would be Nazi Germany. I hope you are not going to invoke Godwin's law just yet, but hear me out. Nor am I saying that the Blood Elves are governed by a tyrannical regime of boundless evil.

When the regime in Germany came to power, those Germans who had the means to leave and were ideologically opposed to it did so. Many of them settled in the United States. Now, do we talk of the schism between the Germans who remained and the Germans who left as if both groups were equivalent? No we do not, because the Germans who chose to remain dwarfed the Germans who left. The Germans who left did not set up a little Germany in the US. They mostly assimilated into their host nation because they had no other choice.

The High Elves in the Alliance face a similar scenario. Day in, day out, they are surrounded by Humans. Work with Humans. Live with Humans. Engage in social interactions with Humans. They simply do not have the numbers to maintain a distinct culture. It has been hinted I believe that far from the Quel'Dorei creating a vibrant and unique culture of their own, one that contrasts with the traditional thalassian elf way of life embodied by the Blood Elves, that they are being assimilated into Human society. This is not surprising given their circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    To suggest that "there is no cultural distinction" between the two is like making the claim that a member of the Klan and your average Evangelical are culturally identical.
    There is no cultural distinction that matters. They don't have the numbers to maintain a separate culture. They are being absorbed into Human society. The two most famous High Elves remaining, Alleria and Veressa, both took Human lovers and gave birth to Half Elf children.

I think it is very clear where Blizzard is going with the High Elves.

Either they will all die at some point, or they will be marginalised as blue eyed, pointy eared Humans.

This is of course an opportunity for a Half Elf allied race. High Elves have been working alongside the Alliance in one capacity or another now for several decades. I see no reason why Half Elves could not be an option. They would use the Human base model, true, but they would have pointy ears and the glowing blue eyes beloved of the High Elf fan.

In my opinion, it is Half Elves that should be asked for. It is the one viable future Alliance High Elves have.

Everyone here saying high elves = honor really need to start thinking that this group of elves wouldn't honor the sacrifice most of their people did defending silvermoon from the scourge by changing their name. And when will Kyrtf stop pretending he doesn't want high elves XD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

In my opinion, it is Half Elves that should be asked for. It is the one viable future Alliance High Elves have.
    but they are blond and skinny? cause if not they will not stop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    You wish to deny others the pleasure of playing a race who existence will not affect your gameplay one bit, will not affect your enjoyment one bit, simply based on the label attached to the model, rather than what the model looks like, or what their story is or how they are portrayed in game. You can't even be bothered to read or understand what arguments are being made before leaping to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what is being said, or what changes are being proposed - you're just going to say no.

As I said...spite.
    Obelisk Kai is simply obsessed with Alliance not getting High Elves and that's it, there is no point arguing with him because he is not arguing with you. He is simply writing walls of text about why High Elves can't be playable in every single High Elf thread for months if not years as if it's some kind of task he has to do. He may personally not even agree with some of his own arguments that he writes but he will still write them if they could be used against High Elves, because for him denying Alliance High Elves is a matter of principle. So next time you see Obelisk Kai's post, just skip it. If your read some of his posts before, you have read them all anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    Obelisk Kai is simply obsessed with Alliance not getting High Elves and that's it, there is no point arguing with him because he is not arguing with you. He is simply writing walls of text about why High Elves can't be playable in every single High Elf thread for months if not years as if it's some kind of task he has to do. He may personally not even agree with some of his own arguments that he writes but he will still write them if they could be used against High Elves, because for him denying Alliance High Elves is a matter of principle. So next time you see Obelisk Kai's post, just skip it. If your read some of his posts before, you have read them all anyway.
    Well I agree this isn't really an argument, the writing is on the wall for this topic if anyone cares to look. This is group therapy for extreme denial.

As for my posts being similar in nature, repeating the same points, two things. Firstly, just because a fact has been mentioned before does not mean it is out of date. The reasons for there being no Alliance High Elves are pretty persistent and have been for years.

Secondly, I guess it's the vain hope that continually puncturing the echo chambers that tend to form with High Elf topics by pointing out some truths regarding that hope might get through to some people.

I'll leave you with one such truth.

Why would Blizzard create Void Elves for the Alliance if they ever had any intention of making High Elves playable for the Alliance. The answer is that they have no such intention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    but they are blond and skinny? cause if not they will not stop
    It was just a suggestion regarding redirected efforts that might yield a result.

That or Night Elven Worgen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    Or just put the autist on ignore like most of us have.

Blizzard has shown us that they're going to add whatever they please no matter how senseless or senseful it is. Haematoma elves, pompeous lanky crack elves and ogre-men are already a reality.

That's an interesting thought. I'll have to look into that idea. Thanks!

A better parallel would be Nazi Germany. I hope you are not going to invoke Godwin's law just yet, but hear me out. Nor am I saying that the Blood Elves are governed by a tyrannical regime of boundless evil.

When the regime in Germany came to power, those Germans who had the means to leave and were ideologically opposed to it did so. Many of them settled in the United States. Now, do we talk of the schism between the Germans who remained and the Germans who left as if both groups were equivalent? No we do not, because the Germans who chose to remain dwarfed the Germans who left. The Germans who left did not set up a little Germany in the US. They mostly assimilated into their host nation because they had no other choice.
    Initially, I utilized the same Nazi Germany analogy. After writing it up, I noticed that the two sides (anti-Nazi Germans, pro-Nazi Germans) weren't inherently fanatical about the righteousness of their espoused political beliefs -- it was only the pro-Nazi Germans who felt this way, the others were a mix--and-match of individuals with different political ideologies and religious worldviews. The politics being the most important contention between BE's and HE's, I elected to use an analogy wherein politics (and, thus, culture) was the biggest point of contention: North Korea and South Korea.

If we were to imagine that North Korea was wildly unsuccessful in the Korean War, being pushed from the peninsula entirely and electing to attempt to maintain a government-in-exile from China, it'd almost exactly mirror the BE/HE scenario. You might ask why there would be a difference between the analogies, because in either of them one of the groups is "banished" from their traditional homeland (either Germany, or Korea) and are then forced to live among their allies (which, as you posited, would likely lead to assimilation into that predominating culture).

The difference is the political and cultural focus of the two groups of exiles. The many Germans who were opposed to the National Socialists weren't an organized group of people with a political/cultural platform in mind, they were all simply opponents of Nazism; yet, North Koreans (even in the slightly altered scenario I conceived of above) are an organized group of people with a political/cultural platform ready to be willed into being.

A large portion (perhaps, majority?) of HE's are all attached to a single organization, which operates on a political/cultural premise that is wildly (and, often, violently) at odds with the BE's. This makes them much more akin to a hypothetical government-in-exile, with very profound beliefs about the cultural/political direction needed to course-correct, than it does to a cluster of disassociated individuals seeking shelter in the arms of an ally.

The High Elves in the Alliance face a similar scenario. Day in, day out, they are surrounded by Humans. Work with Humans. Live with Humans. Engage in social interactions with Humans.
    The eagerness and sincerity with which any group of migrants approaches assimilation into another culture absolutely varies. We don't have entire ethnic localities wherein a majority of the individuals are openly self-identifying as English-American, Welsh-American or Scottish-American (because people who migrated from those regions, for whatever reason, were eager and sincere about adopting the Americanisms of the day); meanwhile, we absolutely have areas where self-identification as Irish-American, Mexican-American, or African-American predominates.

You can ascribe whatever explanation you want for the varying degrees of assimilation to those groups, but groups like Jewish-Americans, Muslim-Americans, African-Americans, Chinese-Americans, or Japanese-Americans show that when a group has a set of fundamental political/cultural understandings that are collectively viewed as having value, such understandings can easily be maintained within the aggregate via special emphasis alone.

They simply do not have the numbers to maintain a distinct culture. It has been hinted I believe that far from the Quel'Dorei creating a vibrant and unique culture of their own, one that contrasts with the traditional thalassian elf way of life embodied by the Blood Elves, that they are being assimilated into Human society. This is not surprising given their circumstances.
    A "distinct culture" requires only two individuals -- let's be real.

The gist of what you've said is, of course, agreeable. They're absolutely being assimilated into whichever societies they're living within (Human). I'd only assert that it's likely they're more akin to Jewish-Americans than they are akin to Welsh-Americans, in that while friendly and amicable they have very clear traditionalisms that they won't abandon.

I think it is very clear where Blizzard is going with the High Elves.

Either they will all die at some point, or they will be marginalised as blue eyed, pointy eared Humans.
    The first option is probably more likely, but the second one doesn't really stand on it's own as reasoning for them not being included within the narrative.

As you probably recall, it's my belief that it would be better for the overall narrative if HE's were forcibly integrated into the Void Elves (or begrudgingly re-integrated into the Blood Elves). It would be less disappointed for them to be integrated into the VE's, if only because Blizzard has included HE's as a narrative device for the Alliance for 10+ years now and it'd be nice to at least keep those handful of characters, but it'd also be interesting to see the narrative ramifications of someone like Vereesa or Auric Sunchaser easing their way into BE society.

This is of course an opportunity for a Half Elf allied race. High Elves have been working alongside the Alliance in one capacity or another now for several decades. I see no reason why Half Elves could not be an option. They would use the Human base model, true, but they would have pointy ears and the glowing blue eyes beloved of the High Elf fan.

I'm personally a fan of the HE's position within the overall narrative, and not specifically their model, so this would be agreeable to me as long as they maintained as much of the HE's cultural peculiarities as possible. I could see their Customization Options being Skin Color, Face, Hair Color, Hair Style, Facial Hair, and Ear Shape -- with the latter being a gradient from "mostly human" to "mostly elf". This opens the door for a whole bunch of covfefe with half-races, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Void Elven lore is just REALLY unsatisfying. They have no geography, they don't feel like a race, but a cult. High Elves have that 'racial' feeling. They have geography, they have tons of development (between MoP, cata and WoTLK) and they have been hotly requested. It's honestly nuts that they aren't an allied race, and I think they will be eventually if Blizzard doesn't end up killing them off.
    this totally subject, any source of lore say they are not even remotely a race stand alone anymore, and are "remnants of the remnants of a dying race" and would be absorbed by the humans . what geography they have if not small huts? at least the void elves have telorus rift

HE development was just to build up blood elf lore as antagonists

IF they rly want put HE they would do it now, they of course though about add then, but they could not, and chose the void elves instead trying to appease the alliance

And they are prob thinking about kill veressa too, if the theories about teldrassil are right

7+ Year Old Account
    It could be Vereesa, but I think it's a bit of a stretch for the High Elves to be defending Teldrassil. Doesn't make much sense given development up until now has them at odds. The lighting makes it very difficult to tell.
    i could agree with you on this before mop, but after wod and legion, every asspull of lore is possible if they think is cool
    I really hope it's not Vereesa, though. I don't think it is either, given that it's not really her outfit. It still feels like a pretty big slap in the face if they DID just kill her off to say 'THERE, NO MORE HIGH ELVES '
    i hope it is because:
    1) will foment more faction war between the windrunners, maybe they can kill each other
    2) it will finally end (or at leas try) the high elves requests

when they said many times it was not possible, and people keep going on, they would need some "drastic changes"

Geography wise, it'd be very nice if they had a village, or at least something more substantial than some rocks. A lodge would be better. They have no feeling of permanency, like they have no place in Azeroth and it irks me so bad.
    they will have one, eventually, its too early, like or not they come to stay

Also, I think Blizzard made the Void Elves exiled Blood Elves instead of the Silver Covenant because they wanted to leave the door open to them in the future.
    this is a point of view, OR they just don't even consider the HE a thing, irrelevant/insignificant, despite the headcanon of the fans, and after saying for years they would not have enough number and other excuses, they would pass for liars, from blood elves they potentially would have more numbers more characters and they could put a lore in that

honestly VE are the coffin lid, cause if they rly and want to put then,(and sure hell they knew people want it) they would do it without a asspull race now

if they add HE it will diminish the VE lore, and they will not focus on 2 elf races, and would not do a entirely new race to be scrapped by a "better" race, it would be like add the maghar from outland, just brown orcs with nothing more

If they do intend to add 8+ of them each expansion, it's only a matter of time before they swing back and do it. Whether it's next expansion, or the expansion after, we'll get em' eventually, so long as there is no crazy genocide.
    in this expansion the chances are 0% with all this elf fatigue, the only way to happens in next expansions is if they change the game directory as a whole

The excuse "They are just blood elves with blue eyes" is such a silly one too, it's like saying "Mag'har are just orcs... if you want to play a mag'har, just make an orc! it's the same thing!" Except it's not, because they, like High Elves, are politically distinct and have their own unique form of society.
    you can't just compare maghar, who are uncorrupted by demon blood, from another dimension and timeline and have like 5-6 distinct cultures, to elves who just have eyes and politics different

and unique form of society would be what? since most of then get absorbed by human society were they live?

7+ Year Old Account
    If a race has enough people that they can make nameless NPC's (i.e) 'High Elf Mage', there is enough of them to let the player character be one. It would have been less of an asspull to say 'Hey, Alleria knew about this Island of High Elves, and she is going to go ask them to join the Alliance!'. Furthermore, the Void Elves were a small population created through a very specific, thus far unreplicated ritual. Using Void magic didn't turn them into Void Elves, it was an Ethereal who did it. Blizzard didn't even try to disguise this as 'The Void Elves outnumber the High Elves', because the High Elves have several settlements full of their people, Highvale, Dalaran, Stormwind, and the Farstrider Lodge in Loch Modan, among other places.
    Again, before MOp i would not argue with about what line would be best, i agree, but now we need to realize they will do anything if they find cool enough.

It is unquestionable that HE are "dying almost extinct race" they just made a poor job showing ingame, cause ingame things is not a good parameter to determinate population size in canon, like he world is full ofs BE in damn anywhere

if there is 90% blood elf and 10% high elf, we can assume there is more BE renegades who became void elf than a "dying almost exinc race" who is spread around the world, who their population is more about civilian than fighters or soldiers

The population thing isn't a justification, I think if Blizzard doesn't massacre them in BFA then they are incredibly likely to come sometime further down the line.
    the population is one of the excuses, that alone would no weight indeed.

all the odds show they will not come ever, until something internal in blizzard happens, and i bet directory change or if they ever decide to end the faction restriction.

Deleted
    This obsession with High Elves is becoming a disease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    This obsession with High Elves is becoming a disease.
    It's already a disease. Hopefully Blizzard will cut it out by having High Elves slaughtered to extinction at Teldrassil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's already a disease. Hopefully Blizzard will cut it out by having High Elves slaughtered to extinction at Teldrassil.
    We can only hope.

Btw what about this :

1. All High Elves get killed during Teldrassil burning.
    2. Sylvanas ress them as undead elves.
    3. We get another allied race and we balance the elf ratio between faction

Belf Uelf - Nelf Velf

Gg

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    We can only hope.

Btw what about this :

1. All High Elves get killed during Teldrassil burning.
    2. Sylvanas ress them as undead elves.
    3. We get another allied race and we balance the elf ratio between faction

Belf Uelf - Nelf Velf

Gg
    Perfect, then everyone's happy.

Horde get Undead High Elves, Alliance get Void Night Elves.