7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    There is no way of saying without being blunt.

Nobody beyond the pro High Elf community cares about that. It is an irrelevant factor. Not only did Blizzard make Void Elves rather than give the Alliance High Elves, they even sourced those Void Elves from former Blood Elves. All Blizzard cared about is there is a traditional High Elf option available in the Blood Elves, they regard that as forming a part of the faction distinctiveness of the Horde, and they threw the Alliance a bone with a race that is pretty close to what they wanted but not exactly.

But all that stuff about them being part of the Alliance? The creation of Void Elves tells you all you need to know about that. So yes, it ignores those High Elven exiles aligned to the Alliance. Seemingly everyone else is, I just don't want to feel left out.
    If all you mean to say here is "who cares" then frankly people requesting the High Elves can do the same thing. Don't need to dress it up with actual evidence of their presence - something that other races (Ogres) barely even have or (Drogbar) are non-existant.

Also saying, "nobody outside the Helf community cares about that" is patently false as there have been people who say they don't give a fuck about High Elves but feel it's alright that Alliance gets them.
    Call it bias if you wish, but it is just the game maintaining the status quo. There was a far more visible Void Elf presence within BFA than you like to admit, and the fact I have seen people getting excited over the addition of one or two high elf npcs at a given time is a sign of desperation. Void Elves ARE the High Elves of the Alliance. Void Elves ARE the future of the High Elves within the Alliance. Part of the reason I have dropped the term Alliance High Elves in favour of High Elf exiles is that Alliance High Elf is also a synonym for Void Elves, as unlike the Dalaran dwelling high elf exiles, the Void Elves are unquestionably a part of the Alliance.
    Uh, of course there is more presence being put to Void Elves. There was more presence being put to every Allied Race in BfA because Allied Races are a BfA feature. If it wasn't Void Elves, it would've been whatever else took their Allied Race spot. This isn't a strong argument at all.

It would be like pointing out the importance of Demon Hunters to the story of the Legion expansion. Thanks Captain Obvious.

Several people over the course of this debate have said they have quit the game because High Elves weren't announced for the Alliance. But that isn't the point, you don't invalidate a comparison by attempting to make them match exactly. The point is that the complaint of the pro High Elfer community is that Warcraft has unfolded in a way contrary to the way they wished it would and they have been very vocal in trying to argue it should go in a way more to their liking, which is a similar approach taken by some commentators within other fandoms who are unhappy at how their favourite franchise has developed or unfolded.
    Yeah and some of those same people have come back (I have noticed their posts talking about how they still play or are back to playing). There are also posts where those against High Elves would say they'd quit the game if they were added and I later see posts (this was months ago) saying that they've already ended their sub over some small reason Blizzard made.

The reason I focus on the majority and not the minority is like I said, with a game as big as WoW you can conceivably find almost any kind of player. You can find anyone who will love everything Blizzard does all the way to finding someone that hates every single decision Blizzard makes. This is true of any franchise once it's big enough, but focusing on outliers doesn't have any merit. Do you think Blizzard listens to players who wish they can get mythic raid gear for simply logging in? I would hope not, despite somewhere on the internet such a person exists.

Are some people upset with the way they took High Elves to Blood Elves? Sure. But there's also people like me (and others) who actually like the split that occurred and also really enjoy the group who broke from that split into Blood Elves, aka Alliance High Elves. They have an interesting to the people who find them interesting.

Just like the only people who care about class balance are probably not the same type of people who care about pet-battle balance. Pointing out that "only helfers care about this" as if it means something outside where its concerned. The majority of the playerbase doesn't like Mechagnomes and thinks there trash, they still became an Allied Race. What we can tell here is that a majority of the playerbase liking something is not required for it to become an Allied Race.
    On the specific point of High Elf exiles within the Alliance, particular emphasis has been placed on the importance of keeping the factions separate and of course, keeping the factions distinct. High Elven exiles are ignored because making them playable violates the design goal of keeping the factions distinct. Every avenue towards that outcome has been methodically shut down as this debate has progressed. Will they be a core race? No they will not. That's what the vocal high elf fan base wanted, the vocal high elf fanbase was ignored. Will they be an allied race? No they will not. That was what the vocal High Elf fan base switched to once they became aware of the concept, the vocal high elf fanbase was ignored. Now we reach the absolute dregs, a customization option for Void Elves. This is probably what a lot of pro High Elfers would like, the ability to look like a Blood Elf, but what you cannot do is pretend to be a High Elf if that happens. You will always be a Void Elf.
    The "factions being distinct" design goal that you're trying to herald here already became defunct when Void Elves came to the Alliance. Thus giving Alliance the exact same Thalassian model - not even a modified one like the Nightborne.

If you can't interpret the two occasions they were publicly ruled out within the past two years and the multiple occasions they've reaffirmed the importance of the faction system AND that racial diversity is an integral part of that faction system then I think you are allowing your hope for a definitive statement to overrule your common sense.
    And Blizzard has "publicly ruled out" things like transmog before deciding it probably is a good idea and implementing it, and w/e else they first denied. There's someone on MMO-C here that has their signature filled of things that Blizzard said they'd never do and then later implemented. And besides that, High Elves weren't "publicly ruled out" again you are pushing the narrative that this potential conversation thread with the developers are done and decided and no further changes will come. We have not received that kind of answer, despite what you may think. It is not the same as how Pathfinder stays and the request to have flying immediately is received with a blunt, "no".

If you want to speak about "common sense" the common sense answer that was given meant don't expect to see High Elves as an Allied Race for BfA or anytime soon. That's actually what was said for a question that was being asked almost every Q&A and ofc they had to provide an answer cuz it kept popping up. Lore even states right before it was a popular question.

The timestamps helpfully listed in the comments of that video show that he spent 26 seconds on the question and answer. The question began at 24:18, the answer began at 24:33, his response is 'there's always a chance', completed by 24:34 (3 seconds), don't give up hope which was completed by 24:36 (2 seconds)and the remaining four seconds given over to being respectful about making posts.

After re-watching it and parsing simply to respond you, I find there is even less here than I recalled. This is incredibly flimsy ground to pin your hopes on.
    See, you can't even admit you were way off the mark. You somehow must've combined the answer from the previous question and added it to the VE one.

A second is not "far longer" as you put it. If you don't want to admit something small that's ok. I'll take this as a win.
    And the 'shitty reasons' are our desire that our chosen race is treated with as much respect as any other race in the game, and that if you want to play our race you actually have to play our race rather than attempting to get High Elves through the back door. Some players respect Blizzard's design and narrative choices and if the only way to play a traditional high elf is on the Horde, then that is where you should come to play a traditional high elf.
    But Night Elf fans don't get to play Nightborne on their faction??? Your response here shows complete bias, the developers knew that both sides wanted the Nightborne and they are essentially Night Elven ancestry and still gave that over to Horde. Why should people who are Night Elf fans (like me) have to "respect that" when the same respect wasn't given to our chosen race???

This is where your own argument destroys itself. Nightborne ARE Night Elven ancestry, just like High Elves ARE Blood Elven ancestry. Yet it appears you and others are perfectly fine to have not respected those Night Elf players that wanted Nightborne yet at the same time try to admonish others for wanting High Elves? A race that actually still appears within the Alliance.

This is why the above argument makes no sense. If it's something that actually mattered then Blizzard wouldn't have put the Nightborne on the Horde in the first place. Frankly what can be taken away from it is that Blizzard will do whatever Blizzard wants to do at the time they're doing it and will make up any reason for doing so.

This is also why people are miffed where the developers have taken the Sylvanas story and many are skeptical that Blizzard "planned it all along" because going back to previous sources shows nothing to infer that planning.

This is why so many in the media community (Youtubers/Wowhead/RedShirtGuy) etc called bullshit on Blizzard's High Elf Q&A response. They knew Blizzard was just talking out their ass. Just as many of those same media community people are calling them out now for how they're taking Sylvanas's story.

But it works in your favor and anyone who's stance is to kill the High Elf request, so it's not surprising to see you utilize it as if Blizzard is 100% true and correct with how they handle this subject.

Nightborne already kills this argument.
    Blood Elf Death Knights ARE High Elves as Blood Elves ARE High Elves. Should Blood Elves get blue eyes and I would reckon the chances are fairly good that they will, that will be an interesting day in this topic.
    That's not the point, point is people were trolling with the information and got rightly flagged/banned. That was an example to show the type of troll-y behavior people have towards those asking for High Elves.

If you are mystified as to why this particular request generates this much hostility then you clearly aren't paying attention. You are attempting to duplicate a core race of the Horde faction so you can play that race without having to be Horde. And I don't really think you should respond to this with a list of all the ways you think the High Elf exiles as different. As I said at the very beginning, your perception as to how they are different is at odds with the miniscule level of differentiation there actually is. The best I've heard rustled up is the blue eyes and there's an extremely good chance Blood Elves will be getting that option.
    Again, Nightborne kill this argument. You got Horde Night Elves. Talk about different stance/etc all you want, it's the same shit people suggest for getting High Elves on Alliance. It's just clear Blizzard doesn't have some set way they deal with each Allied Race addition because if they did we would not have so many inconsistencies being pointed out about certain Allied Races over others (like how people say LF Draenei and HM Tauren are a waste-of-a-slot and could've just been customization options).

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    SNIP
    Nightborne are a completely separate race to night elves, they've evolved over the course of 10,000 years to become a unique race. High elves on the other hand have not experienced this level of evolution as they've literally only been separated by their kin for 10-15 years and still draw energy from the same font of power (sunwell). Nightborne drew from a different source of power to the night elves for 10,000 years and subsequently became a unique elven race.

The nightborne (also spelled the Nightborne)[2] or shal'dorei in the native tongue[3][4] are a powerful and mystical race of elves who live in Suramar. Since the city was first separated from the rest of the world over 10,000 years ago, they are no longer true night elves and have evolved by the Nightwell into a unique elven species.

Compare that to high elves:
    However, a few high elves did not rename themselves blood elves. High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and the difference between high and blood elves is only political

So your counter-argument falls flat on its face. Void elves on the other hand have undergone a form of transformation and have become something different to their high/blood elven kin. Hence why they were made as the AR and not high elves, who as stated above, are the exact same as blood elves... they are the same race. We have senior developers confirming this on several occasions, and no amount of head canon or personal bias can change this FACT.

You want a high elf? The Horde is waiting for you, at no extra cost to your subscription. You have the exact same opportunity as me or any other player to create a high elven character, and have had so since TBC.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh again this shit, fuck up the Elf

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    SNIP
    You show a lack of understanding of my argument using the Nightborne. They are what the Night Elf civilization used to be. Obelisk's argument is "that if you want to play our race you actually have to play our race" yet Horde players don't have to do this. They get to play their own version of a Night Elf.

And if you think Nightborne are not Night Elves then it's just apparent obtuseness. Why do people refer to them and Void Elves as a "tit for tat" or "you got our elf and we got yours"? It's because it's very obvious Nightborne are Night Elves. So in that same vein of Obelisk's argument, why aren't Horde having to make the choice of "if you want to play our race you actually have to play our race"? Nightborne are the "back door option" for Horde Night Elves.

I have to question anyone's sincerity in thinking they're not because it's very blatantly agreed upon.

Nightborne are a completely separate race to night elves, they've evolved over the course of 10,000 years to become a unique race. High elves on the other hand have not experienced this level of evolution as they've literally only been separated by their kin for 10-15 years and still draw energy from the same font of power (sunwell). Nightborne drew from a different source of power to the night elves for 10,000 years and subsequently became a unique elven race.

The nightborne (also spelled the Nightborne)[2] or shal'dorei in the native tongue[3][4] are a powerful and mystical race of elves who live in Suramar. Since the city was first separated from the rest of the world over 10,000 years ago, they are no longer true night elves and have evolved by the Nightwell into a unique elven species.

Compare that to high elves:
    However, a few high elves did not rename themselves blood elves. High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and the difference between high and blood elves is only political

So your counter-argument falls flat on its face. Void elves on the other hand have undergone a form of transformation and have become something different to their high/blood elven kin. Hence why they were made as the AR and not high elves, who as stated above, are the exact same as blood elves... they are the same race. We have senior developers confirming this on several occasions, and no amount of head canon or personal bias can change this FACT.

You want a high elf? The Horde is waiting for you, at no extra cost to your subscription. You have the exact same opportunity as me or any other player to create a high elven character, and have had so since TBC.
    Do you even know what physiology is?

You show a lack of understanding of my argument using the Nightborne. They are what the Night Elf civilization used to be. Obelisk's argument is "that if you want to play our race you actually have to play our race" yet Horde players don't have to do this. They get to play their own version of a Night Elf.
    Again, nightborne are a completely different race to night elves. They descend from night elves, and that's where their connection ends. No different to all elves descending from trolls. They have as much in common with night elves as they do trolls. High elves on the other hand have only but a political difference. The high elf race is already playable, hence the reason "the horde is waiting for you". Night elves are already playable, so if I wanted to play one I can do so on the Alliance. Nightborne are not night elves and are canonically a different race of elves to any other elves. So, back to square one, high elves are not different to blood elves... the two being the same race. As such, void elves were created as a new and unique elven race as a counterpart to the Nightborne. The only tit-for-tat is the model, not the race.

And if you think Nightborne are not Night Elves then it's just apparent obtuseness.

No obtuseness, just canon based facts.

So in that same vein of Obelisk's argument, why aren't Horde having to make the choice of "if you want to play our race you actually have to play our race"? Nightborne are the "back door option" for Horde Night Elves.
    Again, nightborne are a different race of elves to night elves. Alliance aligned high elves are not a different race of elves to blood elves. Given that blood/high elf exiles are the same race, Blizzard gave their reasonable response "the Horde is waiting for you". Given the nightborne and night elves are NOT the same elven race, no such statement was given to players.... well actually no such statement was given to Horde players because we don't tend to ask for alliance races to be on the Horde.

Again, nightborne are a completely different race to night elves. They descend from night elves, and that's where their connection ends.
    They are the same night elves as Tyrande, just that the Nightwell changed their physical appearance. They ARE Night Elves.

It would be the same as someone claiming that Void Elves are totally different from High Elves. They are still High Elves, just changed their physical appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    Do you even know what physiology is?
    The quote was extracted from a source, not my own words.

Physiology is one aspect of biology. It seems though you're more concerned with arguing semantics then actually discussing the topic at hand.

If you disagree with me then please offer an explanation, backed with credible sources. If not, arguing semantics only makes you look desperate.

The quote was extracted from a source, not my own words.

Physiology is one aspect of biology. It seems though you're more concerned with arguing semantics then actually discussing the topic at hand.

If you disagree with me then please offer an explanation, backed with credible sources. If not, arguing semantics only makes you look desperate.
    Semantics has a lot to do if you're going to argue against an idea. A word can completely change the meaning of a sentence.
    And it is more important if you will use that reference to validate your point

If your ''source '' knows some of physiology, he / she must understand that it is a science that studies biological processes that keep different organisms alive. Knowing this, the argument that HE and BE are physiologically the same is irrelevant since that '' equality '' could be shared with other races.

And if you mean ''genetically the same '' that would be closer to what (I think) your source wanted to say, and even using genetic excuses, it would be wrong, since BE mutated because of the interaction with fel magic (yes, the change of skin and eye color can be considered a mutation)
    Last edited by Ignaz; 2019-11-20 at 03:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    They are the same night elves as Tyrande, just that the Nightwell changed their physical appearance. They ARE Night Elves.

It would be the same as someone claiming that Void Elves are totally different from High Elves. They are still High Elves, just changed their physical appearance.
    Exactly. Tyrande grew up in Suramar, it was her home. That Nightborne changed doesn't matter. They represent an aspect of Night Elf society and thus should belong to Night elf players the same way Blood Elf players try to claim everything with the high elf race belongs to them.

It's the same concept. Yet people don't like it when you try to use that kind of logic here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alxblaw View Post
    Oh again this shit, fuck up the Elf
    If you're not here to contribute to the discussion, from either side... why are you even here? To whine about people talking about something you don't care about?

Exactly. Tyrande grew up in Suramar, it was her home. That Nightborne changed doesn't matter. They represent an aspect of Night Elf society and thus should belong to Night elf players the same way Blood Elf players try to claim everything with the high elf race belongs to them.

It's the same concept. Yet people don't like it when you try to use that kind of logic here.
    It is, and yeah, I have been here discussing. Not participating much here anymore, but still read a lot.

The Nightborne is the Highborn. Simple as that. They were the followers of Queen Azshara until they figured out she was insane. Tyrande was part of that society. But she was different in her ideologies compared to the rest, eventually. Night Elves is a broad term, every elf we see in the game comes from the Night Elves. Highborne, Nightborne, Night Elves, High Elves, Blood Elves, Void Elves, other elves, Half-elves etc. The difference though compared to High Elves is that the Nightborne stayed in Suramar and Kalimdor. They practiced their old ways, as Night Elves. You can see that from the Highborne of Shen'ralar. They kept their Night Elf appearance, this is how Thal'ryssa and the other Nightborne would have looked like if they didn't get changed from the Nightwell.

The ingame cut-scene from Thal'ryssa talking about Suramar is proof of this. She got the Night Elven look.

I think we need to make a drawing: Humans: variety of colors, variety of eye colors, variety of skins, variety of political views, thin and fat, still HUMANS. On a fantasy game, they (High/Blood Elves) just got their eyes changed by something that happened instead of being born with it, doesn't mean they are not the same.

But you have as well kultirans to show different humans.

So this being said, you can have repeated races, but i don't think it's necessary. That's all. They even made Kultirans large to differentiate from normal humans.

Why would blizz make players look to blood elves eyes or high elves eyes, to see who is who, unless, they change their appearance too?

They can change them.I will stay with @Ignaz and say Nozdormu High elves personalization is the option here, no Doubt. They would look more unique. They got separated from Blood Elves so they can change meanwhile.

Maybe the Fel exposure didn't let Blood Elves evolve in appearance, but High Elves did. There is so much more stuff where you can have creat(e)ivity and not just mess around with the information you have, lore wasn't made with existent things, lore was created with creativity.

Being creative means someone that knows how to create. Not make a copy of a copy. And in this game you don't need to go in such a straight line.

(Even more them using void elves to show how we can just twist the lore in matter of seconds)

Nightborne will always be Night Elves variation. Evolved in a unique way, doesn't mean they are not night elves.

Night Elves evolved to Highborne and High elves, from Highborne to Nightborne, and High Elves to Blood Elves, from High/Blood to Void Elves.

Night Elves are like Human race, that had and have different people in every corner. It's ironic we being humans and not understanding there's different elves but they all came from the same first elves - Night Elves.

And the more they evolved, the more they appreciated other luxury than just nature, and living in trees. Seems pretty similar to humanity, in the beginning without much constructions there was a lot of nature, the more people appreciate architecture and loved luxury, the more that nature disappeared. But there's still places like those, for example, let's say Amazon. But they are trying to destroy amazon too. For what? To get wood, to make luxury toilet paper and paper in general. This is a luxury, i'm sure the nightborne would love it.

Dark trolls were the Australopithecus, and Night Elves are the genus Homo/Homo sapiens. (In evolution terms, not being racist, btw.)

My analogy:
    All the elves are like humanity.
    All elves exist.
    None is dead.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-20 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    Semantics has a lot to do if you're going to argue against an idea. A word can completely change the meaning of a sentence.
    And it is more important if you will use that reference to validate your point

If your ''source '' knows some of physiology, he / she must understand that it is a science that studies biological processes that keep different organisms alive. Knowing this, the argument that HE and BE are physiologically the same is irrelevant since that '' equality '' could be shared with other races.

And if you mean ''genetically the same '' that would be closer to what (I think) your source wanted to say, and even using genetic excuses, it would be wrong, since BE mutated because of the interaction with fel magic (yes, the change of skin and eye color can be considered a mutation)
    Firstly, I'm not interested in semantics. If you can't clearly and concisely state your argument, followed by backing it with credible sources, then you're really just reaching and arguing for the sake of personal biased agenda.

Secondly, we know blood elves and high elves are biologically the same. Blood elves were never "mutated", simply tainted due to indirect exposure to fel. That taint is cleansing, as is apparent due to the golden eye options. Soon blue eye options may also become a reality (we'll find out when blood elf customizations are announced/datamined), which would further support the notion that blood elves who don't dabble with fel (ie pretty much any blood elf who isn't a warlock or DH) are slowly being cleansed by the sunwell. And guess what, the high elf exiles are also sustained by this very same sunwell... further bonding the biology and physiology of both groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the same concept. At all.

Nightborne are a new type of elf, evolved from the night elves. Alliance aligned high elves are not a new type of elf, and are the exact same race as blood elves. Massive difference.

Nightborne have lived separately to night elves for 10,000 years. Alliance aligned high elves have lived separately to Horde high elves (ie blood elves) for 10-15 years. Massive difference.

- - - Updated - - -

And the 'shitty reasons' are our desire that our chosen race is treated with as much respect as any other race in the game, and that if you want to play our race you actually have to play our race rather than attempting to get High Elves through the back door. Some players respect Blizzard's design and narrative choices and if the only way to play a traditional high elf is on the Horde, then that is where you should come to play a traditional high elf.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I think we need to make a drawing: Humans: variety of colors, variety of eye colors, variety of skins, variety of political views, thin and fat, still HUMANS. On a fantasy game, they (High/Blood Elves) just got their eyes changed by something that happened instead of being born with it, doesn't mean they are not the same.
    I am one of those few here in this thread(it seems) that really likes Void Elves for what they are, and how they look. I wasn't and still not in the group of the pro High Elves for the Alliance, but I am all for more options. If Alliance got High Elves that looked differently than Blood Elves, I would think that would be a great addition to the game. If the Alliance got High Elves that looks like High Elves that would be cool too.

But definitely, I agree. I really love Void Elves, and the small changes they got were good changes imo. I laughed at the idea first when it was datamined back in 2017, but here I am, 4 Void Elves at max later. Blizzard can go in any direction they want, and more variety, more options within the factions and between them would be good. To make an example of something that they did wrong, is that I think that one of the reasons when it comes to the playable Nightborne, that they made them different from the npc Nightborne was to make them more like Night Elves, just like Void Elves are like Blood Elves. Which I also think is kinda silly when the npc Nightborne looks so much better. They had the possibility to make them more unique, but they didn't, they even went out of their way to make them more similar to Night Elves. Which I think is rather silly.

But this is Blizzard going safe, they don't seem to like to make stuff so much more different. We players seems to disagree with that.
    It went well with Void Elves, which is based on the most popular model. And don't mistake my favoritism of Void Elves for some kind of hypocrisy :P I just think overall Blizzard could give us more options and more variety when it comes to races. The new customization options we seem to be getting in Shadowlands seems to be good though.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-11-20 at 05:37 AM.

I am one of those few here in this thread(it seems) that really likes Void Elves for what they are, and how they look. I wasn't and still not in the group of the pro High Elves for the Alliance, but I am all for more options. If Alliance got High Elves that looked differently than Blood Elves, I would think that would be a great addition to the game. If the Alliance got High Elves that looks like High Elves that would be cool too.

But definitely, I agree. I really love Void Elves, and the small changes they got were good changes imo. I laughed at the idea first when it was datamined back in 2017, but here I am, 4 Void Elves at max later. Blizzard can go in any direction they want, and more variety, more options within the factions and between them would be good. To make an example of something that they did wrong, is that I think that one of the reasons when it comes to the playable Nightborne, that they made them different from the npc Nightborne was to make them more like Night Elves, just like Void Elves are like Blood Elves. Which I also think is kinda silly when the npc Nightborne looks so much better. They had the possibility to make them more unique, but they didn't, they even went out of their way to make them more similar to Night Elves. Which I think is rather silly.

But this is Blizzard going safe, they don't seem to like to make stuff so much more different. We players seems to disagree with that.
    It went well with Void Elves, which is based on the most popular model. And don't mistake my favoritism of Void Elves for some kind of hypocrisy :P I just think overall Blizzard could give us more options and more variety when it comes to races. The new customization options we seem to be getting in Shadowlands seems to be good though.
    You're also one of the few that thinks like me that nightborne npc looks much better. I like females better too, maybe the eyes are a bit too chinese but i love the npcs nightborne and i wanted them playable, and they were added for my surprise but totally changed, but the males looks amazing as npcs. As playable, and i already said this, i think blizzard needs to change male characters to make them more appealing, they don't have much manly good looking faces, they look weird.

Really and the chin nightborne heritage on female looks so bad.

It's like a damn beard. The rest of the heritage is great without that little detail. And male could have heritage like in the second image.
    It could change from a dress to this on a male, once you mog it.

Ok just compare this ye:

What we have:

What we could have:

(Getting images from google, so still gets the current model)

I want them to be open minded. And change even Nightborne as they could change the High Elves.

They want to make npcs appealing for the game to play, but once it's for the player to play it's like "oh, now now guys, we need to make them look like night elves, after you spent court of stars and the whole suramar content seeing the nightborne nothing like night elves. We want you to look at your nightborne, and remember all the time, that it was a night elf, adding the same features on them now."

Reeeeee. xD Guess what i would have turned into a nightborne and give them more money if they made it look like more npcs.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-20 at 06:44 AM.

You're also one of the few that thinks like me that nightborne npc looks much better. I like females better too, maybe the eyes are a bit too chinese but i love the npcs nightborne and i wanted them playable, and they were added for my surprise but totally changed, but the males looks amazing as npcs. As playable, and i already said this, i think blizzard needs to change male characters to make them more appealing, they don't have much manly good looking faces, they look weird.

It's like a damn beard. The rest of the heritage is great without that little detail. And male could have heritage like in the second image.

Ok just compare this ye:

What we have:

What we could have:

I want them to be open minded. And change even Nightborne as they could change the High Elves.
    Yep, totally agree. I mean just looking at the pictures it tells a story of something weird that happened :P

I think the Nightborne Heritage looks awesome, except that "beard" hehe, which is strangely enough from the robe. If they just removed that, perfect. But the picture you linked here with the female with that purple dress, that is even better. Don't know how many times I mentioned that during the countless Court of Stars runs I had(more than 500, true story), but that dress, those shoulders on that female character. Just lovely.

Yep, totally agree. I mean just looking at the pictures it tells a story of something weird that happened :P

I think the Nightborne Heritage looks awesome, except that "beard" hehe, which is strangely enough from the robe. If they just removed that, perfect. But the picture you linked here with the female with that purple dress, that is even better. Don't know how many times I mentioned that during the countless Court of Stars runs I had(more than 500, true story), but that dress, those shoulders on that female character. Just lovely.
    It's because court of stars, that was my favorite dungeon run in m+ even, that i wanted nightborne so bad. xD I saw this so much that i was already in love with nightborne and wanted them on the game so bad.

I loved suramar, and i knew so much rep with them, would probably give a race to play. Like Liadrin even talking about helping them, both alliance and horde, and i said, oh man there's no way they won't make them playable. But i was still skeptic. Because i didn't see blizzard adding a new race for so long!

But when they did i got disappointed. I've seen this amazing guys in suramar, such a great design, and then they are this, you stand close to a nightborne npc with your nightborne and you feel misplaced. xD

Please, they know how to make good stuff, i think it's time for them to give us players something better. I'm tired of looking like a garbage version of npcs.

I want to be epic too.

And high elves i wouldn't mind having them too, difference is that i play horde on a hardcore way and unfortunately i wouldn't make one, but one can still dream, it's not because i'm horde that i don't want have them added, but i want to differentiate a high elf from a blood elf that is not just the eyes.

C'mon blizzard :c take opportunity on the new customizations to do this. And later on Allied races too.

Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-20 at 06:59 AM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nozdormu Elves should totally be a thing! Let the Blood Elves be Blood Elves and give High Elves his awesome model.

15+ Year Old Account

Ok just compare this ye:

What we have:

What we could have:

They want to make npcs appealing for the game to play, but once it's for the player to play it's like "oh, now now guys, we need to make them look like night elves, after you spent court of stars and the whole suramar content seeing the nightborne nothing like night elves. We want you to look at your nightborne, and remember all the time, that it was a night elf, adding the same features on them now."

Reeeeee. xD Guess what i would have turned into a nightborne and give them more money if they made it look like more npcs.
    Totally agreed! But what they should have changed is the running animation

It looks soooooo weird when they run

They should have taken the exact night elf animations as they are perfect as they are
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...