Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Hey, what happened to Eyeball Man?
    Probably choosing what kind of transmog he'll wear on his Alliance high elf.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Doesn't take time to think about this, you're upset that people who wanted Alliance High Elves are getting them, then getting more uppity about asking for further customization for what they have gotten (ie something everyone does for every race they deem their favorite).
    You got void tinged High elves, if anything the "true" high elves, atleast the ones who still call themselves that are closer on the Horde side, because a blood elf player could choose to have blue eyes, but as everyone says eye color doesn't make a race.

Calling someone out for not being satisfied with what they got, when the next step is a one hundred percent rip off isn't being uppity, its pointing out how some people are going to never be satisfied until they get everything they think they deserve, (which in case you didn't know, isn't how that works)

Besides I think continuing to say "people asking to play a blood elf" shows you're not here to be genuine when the request was always about customization options that Alliance High Elf NPCs have becoming player options.
    That was never going to happen, and anyone who has ever paid genuine attention has known that. For Years blizzard has said they were not satisfied with Pandaren being the exact same from faction to faction. You should be happy you got the skin tones because I was one hundred percent sure that was a step too far, but as of now Blizzard seems fine with limiting the haircolors of the Sindorei, and by extension, the minimal corrupted quel'dorei to the Horde side.

And to be honest I'm quite happy we're in the situation we are now if people like you are gonna have that kind of mindset.
    In that case this would be projection.

I'm honestly loving all the overboard threads/posts being made all because Alliance players got a popular and long-asked-for request.

Maybe people should spend more time trying to focus on customization options they want, instead of spending so much time/effort trying to deny others. It didn't work out well for Obelisk Kai for instance and he's actually done the sensible thing since.
    As long as people are asking for things that don't already belong to another playable race on the opposite faction, be my guest. But the water works over people getting their high elf skins but not getting their blonde hair or paladins is just ridiculous. High elf paladins weren't ever even a common thing, and what you got weren't even true high elves, they're void elves that have less visible corruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    and what you got weren't even true high elves, they're void elves that have lest visible corruption.
    What we got are blood/high elves using the void. That's it.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    What we got are blood/high elves using the void. That's it.
    That got partially mutated by the void, yes. I suppose you could still call yourself a blood elf or high elf, but you're still turning purple randomly in combat, and jumping through void rifts, normal elves don't do that.

(edit: forgot about the void distorted British accents too)
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    That got partially mutated by the void, yes. I suppose you could still call yourself a blood elf or high elf, but you're still turning purple randomly in combat, and jumping through void rifts, normal elves don't do that.

(edit: forgot about the void distorted British accents too)
    Night elves druids do transform themselves into various forms. They're still Night elves aren't they ?

A human shadow priest is still human. I don't get your point.

I'm just playing an edgy High elf mastering the void.
    Last edited by elbleuet; 2020-05-28 at 06:39 PM.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Funnier thing is, people are now making posts like "since Alliance got High Elves can the Horde get an Alliance race" etc etc
    Alteraci Human! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

They have been Horde before the High Elves were Alliance, the thought excites me aaaaaaaaaaaa
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Night elves druids do transform themselves into various forms. They're still Night elves aren't they ?

A human shadow priest is still human. I don't get your point.

I'm just playing an edgy High elf mastering the void.
    A druid is able to turn themselves back into the original form of whatever they were, a human shadow priest is no longer human if they've becoming permanently morphed by the void.

shapeshifting is not the same as a forced mutation. I'd say atleast there we have a disagreement in what defines a different race.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    For Years blizzard has said they were not satisfied with Pandaren being the exact same from faction to faction. You should be happy you got the skin tones because I was one hundred percent sure that was a step too far
    And if players didn't request things, Blizzard wouldn't even know or question if they're giving things players actually want. That is, you never know what you'll get unless you ask, which is what players did here.

Rest of your post can just be surmised as trying to tell others what they can or can't ask for.

Have said this in the past: Players can ask for whatever they want, it's Blizzard's job to end up dealing with how that's implemented.

An example would be hair colors, players asking for more, some even asking for colors that are potentially "too blood elfy". Blizzard can then decide if they want to give more hair colors and which ones, or give other colors (like stark white/black/blue etc) that satisfy the request without being a direct copy/paste.

It's just the same thing with the skin tone, don't think anyone thought they would give literal copy/paste tones as evidenced by the underwear lol. But they did, while still giving Blood Elves more unique ones they keep to themselves.

That's an example of where players make the request and Blizzard decides how to handle it.

Other than that, you don't get to dictate what people can/should ask for like you do here.
    As long as people are asking for things that don't already belong to another playable race on the opposite faction, be my guest.

I'm really glad Void Elves are getting High Elf customization. It's a good start, but there's work to be done still.

As others have said, we need the remaining proper hair colors and void tentacles removed from the current VE hairstyles first. We've already seen hints in the game files that we might be able to choose a distinction between Void and High during character creation. I'd take it a step further and add in a second combat racial that is identical in gameplay to Entropic Embrace, but aesthetically different so as to differentiate uncorrupted High Elves vs. Void Elves. That for me would be very satisfying place to leave it at for now. I'd like something done similar for Spatial Rift, making it an arcane-style portal for uncorrupted elves.

A way for Void/High Elves to become Paladins in the future would be awesome, but I don't have any good ideas without steeping on too many toes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Alteraci Human! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

They have been Horde before the High Elves were Alliance, the thought excites me aaaaaaaaaaaa
    People can ask for whatever they wish! You have my blessing.

I can finally sit in the "I got mine, don't care anymore what new races come" camp.

I think this is great news. The more customization you have the better things are.

Yes yes yes yes

fuck yeah

We've just seen part of the iceberg regarding the new customization options for Void Elves.
    It remains to discover the new hair colors, the new hairstyles, the new jewelry, the new beards. I think they will have the option of choosing the size of the ears like the blood elves and I hope they will have tattoos with several pattern and colors in the style of Alleria.

Now, i can't wait to see more !

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    We've already seen hints in the game files that we might be able to choose a distinction between Void and High during character creation.
    Hey Mick, this is the first I've heard of that. Do you happen to know where I can go check that information out? Thanks!

It's amazing to see that people were given an inch and now demand a Mile. They can't be satisfied with getting their fair skinned elves without playing Horde, no now they are demanding all of the blood elf customization plus Paladins? Next thing you know they'll be asking for blood elf characters to be deleted, actually I'm sure that's happened already actually.
    I agree, I don't think people can or should expect more than this. I did not expect them to do this now. To ask for even more, like Void Elf being paladins or actually getting a fully fleshed High Elf is way more unrealistic than what we just got. It's just a forum in a nutshell, there are always some that won't ever be satisfied even if you gave them 90% of what they want.

Be grateful I'll say to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    That's always been the case
    Yeah that's why I said "still". Duuuhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    There is nothing in game indicating how new Void Elves come to be. Hopefully when these new customizations become available we'll get some in-game mentions by NPC's of the how's and why's of Alliance High Elves joining the ranks of the Ren'dorei that ultimately explain the new customization in a round about way.
    As of now there are only former Blood Elves canonically, but it has been expected that this might change. Or blizzard don't give a fuck. It seems they just want YOU(not in as you Kyriani) need to RP your way through. Seeing the options we got now is taken from Blood Elves as they mentioned in the blue post with the changes, doesn't change this.

But it is a way to expand the numbers of Void Elves lorewise, and it will be the next logical step I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I agree with you. I think making the options for hair different would be nice. Even the colors shouldn't be the same, thought I'd like to have options like silver-blue, dark red and bege, maybe dual color hair as well. Anything beyond hair colors in 9.0 is unlikely, thought).

I think void elves will inherit the ear size setting, but will get unique hair and jewelry (eventually). And, I hope, tattoos/warpaint like Alleria's.
    On this point, I'll disagree with you. It's understandable that if you like void elves as they are why this would be a thing. And you already have those options (plus getting more). But for people that want high elves, they should have natural hair colors, same as humans. Giving high elf options for customization doesn't remove the void elfy options that will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    we need questlines where a Blood Elf guy tells you to kill some Human/Draenei for "stealing" his Blood Elf girlfriend
    Have that be no other than Johny Awesome! One of my favorite Elf NPC's period.

Unless wait, he's not dead is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    On this point, I'll disagree with you. It's understandable that if you like void elves as they are why this would be a thing. And you already have those options (plus getting more). But for people that want high elves, they should have natural hair colors, same as humans. Giving high elf options for customization doesn't remove the void elfy options that will be available.
    No problem in disagreeing with me. I'd like to see everything for everyone, but, reading Blizzard's motives behinds its actions, I try to predict things based on likeliness. I find it unlikely that they'll copy/paste the hair and jewelry. I'd love to see at least some ported between blood and void elves (many blood elves wanted some non-tentacle void styles). But, I think Blizzard is more likely to try to differentiate the races further. Also, I think the hair colors for void elves will be ones that do not clash with void elf original skin colors.

If I'm wrong and we end up with more than I'm bargaining for, great. I just don't want to raise expectations and be disappointed later.
    Whatever...