7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Wait a minute, does this mean you could play a High Elf on the Horde through a Blood Elf?
    Yup, if one wishes to. It appears that human skin tone AND blue eyes is what's considered a High Elf from that interview.

Good to know even Blizzard themselves realize that now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They said the finalized Void Elf- High Elf skins should have the Void Elf underwear, not the Blood Elf underwear.
    Yupp, they've definitely just begun with the AR customizations and they did say in the release they'll be void elf underwear. Also they did say while some options are there to look like a High Elf, more can be done later on too.

- - - Updated - - -

"According to a dev interview Ion gave several months ago, Blood Elves were originally unintended to have blue eyes in Shadowlands, but later on that decision was reversed following team discussions. If the art department was involved, what was the reasoning that led to blue eyes being added for Void Elves and Blood Elves?

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn't really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available."

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they can play high elves all they want as well, the horde is there for then
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I am not certain what the future holds for Alliance High Elves beyond the confirmation they aren't going to be playable. That was pretty much what I wanted, to preserve the integrity of my faction. If all they continue to feature in other group's stories, which is all they ever can really, then I don't mind, now that I have confirmation the integrity of the Horde and the Blood Elves is not going to be threatened.
    Hnngh this feels good..

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316803/...view-with-art-

High elves are a race.

Blood elves are not high elves. They had fel green eyes.

High elf customization for all.

So, high elf customization. End of discussion for those who insist Blizzard never said they were allowing high elves for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a bug due to reusing blood elf skins. Let's see how it evolves from there.
    race at the biological level or at the gameplay level?

we are all high elves

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in TBC the Alliance High elves were on the brink of extinction, with no hope to be playable one day.

Now we have Alleria, Vereesa and Umbric and we will soon be able to run in Stormwind as one of them, proudly wearing the Alliance flag. That's great.

Oh and btw. Blond haired elves are boring. Blue haired and blue-eyed High elves look fantastic.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Sounds like we might not get much more for now, but it leaves the door open for more customization on the future -probably when AR get their own pass?-

Sounds like a bug due to reusing blood elf skins. Let's see how it evolves from there.
    Yeh, VE and BE jewelry are on the skin texture, so sharing the textures themselves creates the issue. Either they are just using BE textures as a placeholder before doing VE specific ones, or they are going to remap the jewelry to another texture altogether as well uncouple the underwear so both races can share the skin tones while having different underwear and jewelry.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Back in TBC the Alliance High elves were on the brink of extinction, with no hope to be playable one day.
    Now we have Alleria, Vereesa and Umbric and we will soon be able to run in Stormwind as one of them, proudly wearing the Alliance flag. That's great.
    Yeah, they grew up so fast, they are adults already!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-09 at 08:17 PM.

Whoa, I kinda like this.

They could add these colors and then a toggle on/off for tentacles in the hair and that would make people pretty happy I think.
    Indeed, and most of all, pretty easy to implement with what there's already in game -and I guess later we might get a more in depth customization pass on AR-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    OMG! I didn't know how much I needed this until now! I hope Blizzard sees this and realizes how awesome it would be!
    Right? it looks pretty neat!

- - - Updated - - -

A High/Blood Elf Shadow Priest is a Void Elf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Void elves do not tap into void energy, it is a part of them, hence the constant whispers. Shadow priest tap briefly into it, Alleria and those following her path go much further.
    Honestly the difference feels entirely self denominational at this point, because Shadow Priest too also literally have to control their sanity. One can make the case how the first Void Elves were indeed closer to a new race, but Alleria being considered too a VE really makes it more about self-denomination. And even regardless of this, DH are as affected by an outside force as VE, but they still classify themselves as NE or BE.

Given the whole context (different method of becoming a VE, appearance difference, and Demon Hunters) That void elves calls themselves that is definitely more sensible as an ideological/self-identification naming than a clear cut biological grouping. -I mean, Umbric declares himself a children of the void for their crucible,ultimatelly who is considered a VE is up to him-

But the most important point is that given the context, saying that VE are just clearly biologically different to HAVE TO be a different race, is just innaccurate. It's not that one variable that makes them Void Elves, it's also affected by self denomination and identity.

3+ Year Old Account
    now that High Elves are on the Alliance what does Horde get?

I want Alteraci Human so badly
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post

I want Alteraci Human so badly
    Alteraci humans were allied with the Horde, not part of it. They despite you as much as they despite the Alliance.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Sounds like we might not get much more for now, but it leaves the door open for more customization on the future -probably when AR get their own pass?-
    There's still around 3 months before launch. There will be more improvements, but it won't be anything huge. Hair colors are not huge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    race at the biological level or at the gameplay level?

we are all high elves
    Calling a blood elf "high elf" is an insult to the sacrifices blood elves made to restore their homeland.
    Whatever...

There's still around 3 months before launch. There will be more improvements, but it won't be anything huge. Hair colors are not huge.

- - - Updated - - -

Calling a blood elf "high elf" is an insult to the sacrifices blood elves made to restore their homeland.
    sindorei also represents the noble blood of the highborne (queldorei)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    sindorei also represents the noble blood of the highborne (queldorei)
    Blood Elves still consider it as a diss to call themselves a High Elf. If players wanna do that they can go ahead and do so but lore-wise it's de-facto an insult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Hnngh this feels good..
    It really does, it's nice to see that when it finally came down to it. Blizzard went, "let them share!" which is the mature way of handling it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Hnngh this feels good..
    i mean, still stand, horde have high elves with another name, alliance have another elf, void elf that share appearance

names and lore here matter am i right

we all knew there was a race of elves that had different names

Blood elves are not high elves. They had fel green eyes.
    thats literally not what is said, it is said they didn't look like then, because they did not had the options, thats why it felt they were not represented

and this will be meaningles since, with blue eyes, they literally are high elves with this quote

So, high elf customization. End of discussion for those who insist Blizzard never said they were allowing high elves for us.
    the discussion ended long ago tbh, customization =/= standalone race, people just pretend void elves are not void elves because they had HE customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Your viewpoint previously was that Void Elves shouldn't get the same skin tones as Blood Elves because Blood Elves are the High Elves and thus for the importance of faction distinction both VE and BE should keep their skin tone choices separate.

Blizzard did not (does not) agree. They gave the literal same copy/pasted skin tones available to Blood Elves to Void Elves. No ersatz version either like Obelisk Kai kept fighting for and thinking most assuredly would happen.

Nope. VE got straight up a copy/paste of skin tones from BE. Thus your viewpoint of faction distinction and blurred lines was lost the day that happened.

It was an iconic win for High Elf requesters, so much so that many of the antagonists to the request have left this thread entirely. If you wish to be one of the few that stay to continue on pedantically over minute details be my guest.

Like I've said to others, Wildhammer Dwarves are now in by Blizzard developer's words even though it's just some additional tattoos, and the High Elf fantasy was said to be possible with High Elf skins given to Void Elves by another Blizzard developer. That possibility is now here.

Also if you're admitting you're being a smart ass then you're further making your arguments look as weak as they already were.

I think what many detractors to this request should've learned is that it's much better to spend time asking for the things you want rather than trying to deny people's wishlists as we can clearly see in this request alone all the couple years spent arguing against this request was a ton of time wasted in the end.

we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

This is from the recent interview with Art Director Ely Cannon. Void elves got the blood elf skin tones, but there has been no confirmation whether the blood elf hair colors will be given to them too. Time will tell, but from the interview it sounds like they're offering void elf players a "few high elf" customizations, not "all customizations". This would imply that they do still wish to maintain some level of distinction between races. Again, time will tell.. but for now you're jumping the gun if you think Blizzard have completely given up on the idea of faction distinction.

Also, you replied to one of my posts which was not even directed to you and you made sure to include a smart ass comment. Don't lecture me on "making your arguments look weak" when you're opening address to me was inflammatory in nature. I merely responded in suit. If you're willing to put your smart ass nature at bay, and have a civil conversation then we can. Else, don't bother replying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I agree that dark rangers are indeed Horde thing, at least for now. Don't forget there are night elf dark rangers too. So far, it seems they'll stick with the Horde, but they may end up rejoining their people in the future... But at least they are not thalassians.

I wouldn't mind sharing some VE hairstyles (without tentacles) with BE to complement that San'layn/Dark Ranger fantasy. As you said, it's fair for blood elves to get something in return too. Right now, they got more facial hair options, but that's it.
    The night elf dark rangers at this stage show no desire to return to the ALliance. Plus I find it hard to believe that they would be accepted back into night elf society.

They're maintaining allegiances with the Horde, so for now dark ranger is still exclusively Horde.

ANd ultimately, a dark ranger option would even things up for blood elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. But if you asked a blood elf if they're a different race to high elves what would they say? Vareesa still views Silvermoon and the blood elves as her people, as does Alleria. They're the same people, with differing political views.

Despite this though, I'm actually happy for you that you can have your blood elf/high elf skins on void elves. This doesn't mean I want blood elves and void elves to be identical though, so I do hope that at least the hair options will remain unique to each so as to offer differentiation. That's my personal view though, it's neither right or wrong.. just how I feel.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Also High Elves. Plus a bunch of other new options.

When will void elves get natural hair colors? This anticipation is so intense in the high elf community. I love the natural skin tones, but the void hair colors don’t really compliment the skin tones well right now. Dark skin tones with the blue hair look stunning though.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy18 View Post
    When will void elves get natural hair colors? This anticipation is so intense in the high elf community. I love the natural skin tones, but the void hair colors don’t really compliment the skin tones well right now. Dark skin tones with the blue hair look stunning though.
    I have a feeling additional hair colors will added during beta, but not much beyond that for Void Elves. In later patches when they do more customization, especially for allied races, I might expect some hairstyle proliferation. We still have 3 to 4 months till pre-patch hits I think so there's plenty of time for something like hair colors to make it in.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    3-4 months? there's only 1 more month left in summer, and the expansions launching in fall. I'd say 3-4 months until the expansion is out in general.
    Fall doesn't begin in the U.S. until September 22nd, but I'm expecting an early December release since Winter doesn't technically start until December 21st in the U.S., so Blizz could push the release till the 20th and still be true to their Fall release promise. But even if released in early November, pre-patch would probably hit in early October I'd guess. That gives us, the rest of July (there's still more than three weeks of July left), all of August, and all of September which is near on 3 months. If release isn't till early December, move the time table forward by a month. I don't think its realistic to expect a release any sooner than at some point in November.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-07-10 at 05:13 AM.

[QUOTE=DeicideUH;52485480]There's still around 3 months before launch. There will be more improvements, but it won't be anything huge. Hair colors are not huge./QUOTE]

Hope you are right, I'm a teensy bit hopeful since they will have to remap the jewelry for the BE skin tones -they haven't been duplicated, they are being shared- and since jewelry is on the skin, they might add it to hair color, so who knows!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post

we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

This is from the recent interview with Art Director Ely Cannon. Void elves got the blood elf skin tones, but there has been no confirmation whether the blood elf hair colors will be given to them too. Time will tell, but from the interview it sounds like they're offering void elf players a "few high elf" customizations, not "all customizations". This would imply that they do still wish to maintain some level of distinction between races. Again, time will tell.. but for now you're jumping the gun if you think Blizzard have completely given up on the idea of faction distinction.

Also, you replied to one of my posts which was not even directed to you and you made sure to include a smart ass comment. Don't lecture me on "making your arguments look weak" when you're opening address to me was inflammatory in nature. I merely responded in suit. If you're willing to put your smart ass nature at bay, and have a civil conversation then we can. Else, don't bother replying.
    This level of pedantry only occurs when someone has utterly lost any real meaning to their arguments. The developers consider the additional customization that have come to VE and BE to be High Elf customizations. They admit that Blood Elves did not have access to High Elf customization before these additions.

Therefore, both sides now have the ability to play as High Elves whereas before they did not. That's what the entire discussion there entails.

If you wanna parse tiny snippets out of context then launch into multiple paragraphs be my guest, reminds me of Obelisk Kai.

Also attacking someone by calling them a smart-ass means your arguments don't have strength, hence why you attack the person and not the argument.

There is no further need to engage regardless. Because it's quite clear how pedantic one has to get like you're doing when it's very clear to the vast majority and even the developers saying so:

High Elf customizations have come to both Void Elves and Blood Elves, thus breaking down that "faction integrity" lauded over by some to keep those options on Horde side.

Someone can choose to live in acceptance of that information or continue denying it, it's not going to matter to others if that individual continues to live in denial of it.

There's a reason why the most staunch opposers to High Elves stopped posting here, because they literally have no solid arguments anymore.