Mmmhmm... I'm on the list, so I skip the line.

Those new hair colors are great! My venthyr void elf is keeping her purple void elf hair, though my hunter will look great in white shiny hair!

And deffo black hair on my rogue

Keep those options coming. Maybe HM Tauren gets more too seeing they are disabled on ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Those new hair colors are great! My venthyr void elf is keeping her purple void elf hair, though my hunter will look great in white shiny hair!

And deffo black hair on my rogue

Keep those options coming. Maybe HM Tauren gets more too seeing they are disabled on ptr.
    Wowhead is datamining some Highmountain stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Wowhead is datamining some Highmountain stuff.
    Very nice!

White and black hair colors really do work well for the Void Elf looks, too.

Agreed. They give a nice dark elf vibe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Agreed. They give a nice dark elf vibe.
    Which is a 'FUCKEN FINALLY' if I've ever seen one lol, Void Elves have a very nice dark grey skin tone and it annoyed me there was no black/white hair to give that Dark Elf vibe!

Also your character's looking fabulous!!

They should have come with those colors since launch IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Which is a 'FUCKEN FINALLY' if I've ever seen one lol, Void Elves have a very nice dark grey skin tone and it annoyed me there was no black/white hair to give that Dark Elf vibe!

Also your character's looking fabulous!!
    TY! I only wish it was as deep a black as the NPC's have but I won't whine over that. I've got something close enough to what I want so I'll be content with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    TY! I only wish it was as deep a black as the NPC's have but I won't whine over that. I've got something close enough to what I want so I'll be content with it.
    I bet the NPC pure black is a bug, like the purple eyes on High Elf females during Shadowlands Beta:

If you look closely, the ones that we got, are actually a bit different as well:

Less saturated.

But, maybe, just maybe, they went the easiest way and copy-pasted the Blood Elf texture, instead of looking for the Void Elves NPC's custom black hair color.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2021-09-09 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    They should have come with those colors since launch IMO!
    Agree. Puzzled that they didn't come with black to start with.

PTR has been pretty nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Less saturated.

But, maybe, just maybe, they went the easiest way and copy-pasted the Blood Elf texture, instead of looking for the Void Elves NPC's custom black hair color.
    Pretty much, they are straight up loading BE textures as they are. Really can't do that with any other race because of the male eyebrow texture exists only on BE hair colors.

And the thing is that the "NPC" black hair color -which is actually the dressing room texture that models use when you're looking through your collection) was never meant to be an actual hair texture, so it didn't even have the eyebrow texture. That's why the female Acolytes walking on Stormwind have the tentacle turned off, because the glow texture is also missing.

You can load Duskrunner Lorinas in WoWhead and notice how his eyebrows aren't actually black, but a solid purple.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree. Puzzled that they didn't come with black to start with.
    It was always funny (sad) that they knew that black looked good on VE's, so much they used the dressing room balck texture on a couple NPC's

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wired-Lain View Post

hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Pressing "Randomize Appearance" on the char creation screen is suddenly a lot more interesting as a Void Elf. So many cool combos!

But it's painfully evident they need more hairstyles and faces, and hopefully tattoos one day. They just lack that extra spark which is now given to Lightforged and Nightborne.
    More hairstyles and faces would be great, but any new faces would have to actually be... new. There are no more blood elf faces to inherit since we have them all already. As for new hairstyles, I'd like them to actually be new, ya know? But failing that, ports from Humans or Kul Tirans. I'm not particularly enamored with any blood elf hairstyles so I think it would be nice to see some other alliance race hairstyles ported to void elves if we can't just get brand new ones.

Darker skin and pure white hair actually makes pretty good Drow fantasy. I love that. Maybe it's time to do my WoW drow ranger

Last thing I want are cosmic "starcursed" hair textures and few more hairstyles. Then my wishes are complete.

oh, so cool. I'm pretty hyped for all the new appearances people are gonna create. High elves are finaly here, so are proper black/white haired void elves. Awesome.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-09-09 at 05:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Woah the white looks really good on my voidy high elves, thought I'd stick to the platin blonde but this is also cool

Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account

There's more high elves than void elves. As it should be.

Void elves were a tiny group rejoined by a larger group of high & blood elves.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

@Alanar

yes it’s nice to be agreeing on things, we probably do on a lot, just that the disagreements won’t way off track.

Partly because of my insistence in the past on hammering my point home which wasn’t always necessary

example, I’m fine with blood elves keeping Silvermoon. What I really want is for high elves and night elves to have a great new home.

When I thought about it, I kinda felt because it was the high elves home, they should have it, and the derivative group should be the one getting the new city.

but that is only from a point of view. Because whiles it’s is the case, thing is those who call themselves blood elves is their home too, and they’ve also been there all this time, technically those who are high elves were away from home. Which played a huge role in why they remained high elves.

So who should have it? Actually either or both or neither. Then I explored each option. But bottom line, I wanted high elves to be in an amazing home that was stunning and lived up to the best the race could offer.

Thisnis exactly the same way I deal with the Kaldorei and Shal’dorei over Suramar too. It’s also why I want a new night elf city to represent and show the very best the Kaldorei have ever been able to produce. So if not Suramar, something very much at that level but different, Zin’Azsahri is ideal. It’s Kaldorei, grand and looks different enough.

Cant agree to anything less or shabby, feeling that other Kaldorei towns and cities can show mixes in architecture and we can tree like rural homes like in Val’sharah and actual towns like we saw in Tel’anor and Meredil.

My preferred option at this point in time is

1. Void elves get a new city which high elves can share or not
    2. Blood elves keep Silvermoon and/or high elves share it with them.

I have it this way because both blood elves and void elves can now make high elves. It stands to reason we would have high elves with both blood elven and void elven communities and cities. Even with the night elves too. You can role play a pro blood elf high elf close to the Sunwell like Auroc Sunchaser, keeping your identity, trying to win your people back to their original principals but accepting and supporting their horde allegiance (at least openly)

or you could play a high elf, anti horde but pro Thalassian intrigued with or just working with the ren’dorei, Loa tap to the alliance with dreams of having the blood elves back under the blue banner.

My hopes for night elves are different though.

3. My preferred option is I want Nightborne in Suramar.

4. I want Night elves playing an active role there. I don’t mind if these are neutral broken isle night elves or alliance ones. I want them friendly and helping the Nightborne.

5. I want the Kaldorei to have their own city, incredible and majestic of their own. I no longer prefer them to take Suramar.

A new city is a better option, but only if it’s incredible. It’s just that the chance of both of these happening is slim. But hey could be clever and piece together stuff they’ve already done for Zin’Azshari/
    Nar’thalas and Suramar to do a new city with the Zin’Azshari colours of white and blue rather than the Suramar colours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Darker skin and pure white hair actually makes pretty good Drow fantasy. I love that. Maybe it's time to do my WoW drow ranger

Last thing I want are cosmic "starcursed" hair textures and few more hairstyles. Then my wishes are complete.

oh, so cool. I'm pretty hyped for all the new appearances people are gonna create. High elves are finaly here, so are proper black/white haired void elves. Awesome.
    Yeh. Most of my void elves are going to remain void elves and have the silver hair.

I wanted that most.

still glad I can make a high elf, but barely feel the need to as I got so many blood elves.

I actually am substituting some night elves for purple void elves because they do it much better now I have access to Silver hair. I have wanted to do the race swap for a while now. 9.1.5 finally gives me what I want

but probably going to change my blood elf eyes back to green or gold only. And save blue exclusively for whichever high elf I make.

I find myself wanting the two elven groups looking different even if I can make them look identical. I just view elves like I do Pandaren. Same race on both sides. Except that elves have better options.

Alliance has purple Thalassians , and horde has skinny night elves the other side can’t access. Also some minor differences like hairstyles, decoration effects etc. Whereas Pandaren are the same both sides.

Part of the reason I like this is that now anyone I see that plays a Void Elf with void options has opted to do so, rather than doing so because they felt it was the closest thing to playing a High Elf.

Part of the reason I like this is that now anyone I see that plays a Void Elf with void options has opted to do so, rather than doing so because they felt it was the closest thing to playing a High Elf.
    Definitely makes void elves feel more special and unique, as they should be.