Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    There's stuff that they just can't buy tho. Not in the volumes they need. They've been having issues in everything from their oil and gas extraction infrastructure to literally basic electronics. This is not stuff that floats around on the secondary market in large volumes. It's also stuff that China and India simply cannot and does not build. They buy it from the same place as everyone else. Germany, Japan and Taiwan.

There's a huge difference between maintaining a small fleet of jets and tanks like Iran...what Russia needs is an entirely different scale.
    Not to mention that Russia has triggered enough red lines in Europe for the EU to begin moving away from Russia. The process has started moving and it won't be stopped until virtually no fossil fuels (liquid or gas) are imported from Russia.

Russia has increased the political cost beyond the point where you can justify holding on to the status quo in exchange for cheaper prices.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Still waiting on your imaginative outcomes.
    At least you're now admitting that you have no imagination whatsoever.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    At least you're now admitting that you have no imagination whatsoever.
    Are you done stalling now?

Are you done stalling now?
    Are you done trolling now? Keep the discussion moving instead of bickering.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

The one big question mark is Putin.

There is a proof that Ukrainians did do something in Irpen today:

But there are signs in that video that control is not what one might understand with that word. Special unit, geolocated to a region close to the southern part of the town, their movement shows that the territory is not secure - looks more like a raid - more reason to trust people saying that Russia's forces in the north of Kiev are just there to tie down Ukraine's forces, Russia does not control it either, but they are there to fuck with the defenders. Think of something like no mans land.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I think what Putinistas here seem to be incapable of is reading news and taking Zelenskyy seriously. He's talked about a referendum. Since I doubt some dude from a village is negotiating with Biden about anything ever in his lifetime, the whole "the West will control Ukraine" bullshit that y'all are spinning is moot.
    Seeing everything in extremes is not healthy. There is a far cry from consulting with the closest supporters (and doing stuff like using potential sanction reductions in the negotiations) to "West controls Ukraine".
    Cut the kindergarden level insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That number is literally utterly meaningless. Considering the state of disrepair the stuff they sent in was in, odds are much of those "reserves" is literally scrap metal.
    Do you have proof of that state of disrepair? Like actual proof of vehicles breaking down, more than would be usual from military equipment in war conditions, as breakups is a normal event in militaries during marches and fighting (hint, armor dislikes repeated pedal to the metal and sharp turns)? No, lack of fuel is not disrepair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Don't think he's a question mark. He wants to go out with a big bang, I think that much is clear. The real question mark is when someone introduces him to a bullet with his name on it.

Are you done trolling now? Keep the discussion moving instead of bickering.
    So asking him to elaborate on his ideas of how the conflict will end is trolling?

So asking him to elaborate on his ideas of how the conflict will end is trolling?
    The past 700 or so pages are more or less filled with scenarios of how this could end. Everyone has speculated on it at one point or another. Pick your flavour and move on... Unless you want to have your personal "Gotcha!" moment with a single poster, which is worth... well, nothing.

Don't think he's a question mark. He wants to go out with a big bang, I think that much is clear. The real question mark is when someone introduces him to a bullet with his name on it.
    I would think that going out with a big boom would have happened by now. Still, I guess retirement in disgrace wouldn't happen either?

The past 700 or so pages are more or less filled with scenarios of how this could end. Everyone has speculated on it at one point or another. Pick your flavour and move on... Unless you want to have your personal "Gotcha!" moment with a single poster, which is worth... well, nothing.
    If you aren't following the conversation it's best to stay out of it so you won't keep putting your foot in your mouth. Feel free to only reply to people who agree with your reality since it's clear you can't handle any disagreement with your views.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I would think that going out with a big boom would have happened by now. Still, I guess retirement in disgrace wouldn't happen either?
    I think the actual most likely scenario, from a pragmatic point of view, is an exit similar to Yeltsin. Some yes man will replace him, grant him immunity and some datcha out of the way and then we'll roll the die on whether the new guy is a dick, too.

- - - Updated - - -

If you aren't following the conversation it's best to stay out of it so you won't keep putting your foot in your mouth. Feel free to only reply to people who agree with your reality since it's clear you can't handle any disagreement with your world's view.
    I have followed your bickering. And now I'll report you as well, cos you've had enough chances to stop being obnoxious.

I have followed your bickering. And now I'll report you as well, cos you've had enough chances to stop being obnoxious.
    Feel free to do so and put me on ignore since you can't handle disagreement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Refusing to admit that there are more than two possible outcomes sure seems like it.

Nowhere did I suggest that all possible outcomes are equally likely; you're only willing to engage in meaningless hyperbole, though.

But yeah, I'm moving on because I acknowledge that you can't seem to do any different.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Refusing to admit that there are more than two possible outcomes sure seems like it.

Nowhere did I suggest that all possible outcomes are equally likely; you're only willing to engage in meaningless hyperbole, though.

But yeah, I'm moving on because I acknowledge that you can't seem to do any different.
    I never said that there are only two possibilities I simply asked you what you thought would be the outcome since you are constantly attacking my lack of imagination. I am genuinely curious but whatever let's move on it's clear you just want to flaunt your so called superiority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I guess retirement in disgrace wouldn't happen either?
    Even before this, I would have guessed that dictators don't retire in peace. If Putin wanted to do that, he's had plenty of opportunities.

It's possible he has a mad obsession of reforming the USSR or bathing the world in fire when he can't. Of course, he's surrounded by people who don't necessarily want the second part.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Even before this, I would have guessed that dictators don't retire in peace. If Putin wanted to do that, he's had plenty of opportunities.

It's possible he has a mad obsession of reforming the USSR or bathing the world in fire when he can't. Of course, he's surrounded by people who don't necessarily want the second part.
    If I were to guess just like any old man Putin is trying to cement his legacy, Ukraine holds some personal memory for him which is probably one of the reasons he is focused on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's seems to have been some movement in how posters envision the end of the conflict.

A lot of the Doomers have backed off there their binary supposition of; Russian Victory or just WW3. It only took 3 weeks, but they finally recognized that Ukraine has it's own agency.

I think it's an expression of Gamer Brain. A strong desire to always have the Correct Prediction. Or the desire to scold people for not using the exact DPS rotation they read about on L33TP33N.com.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what Putinistas here seem to be incapable of is reading news and taking Zelenskyy seriously. He's talked about a referendum. Since I doubt some dude from a village is negotiating with Biden about anything ever in his lifetime, the whole "the West will control Ukraine" bullshit that y'all are spinning is moot.
    It's Putleristas projecting what they want to see happen onto the West rather than admit they want Russia controlling Ukraine as a puppet state or otherwise absorbed into Russia.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Saw someone raise an interesting point - Ukraine is only meant to have 18 TB2 drones so how did Russia shoot down 35 of them?
    There is no evidence of them shooting a TB2 as far as I know. Until evidence emerges, we can assume its BS. Armenians managed to shoot down one or two drones in 30 days.