Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yeah this is the issue. The sheer amount of time and effort required to do Heroic raiding is extremely high, even at the lower end. We're talking part-time to full-time job levels of effort. Which might be fine for unemployed people or "pro gamers" but is is not workable for anyone with a job, or even at college and not expecting to flunk out. The only way to increase the number of people doing Mythic raiding would be to increase the playerbase.

I think there's a lot more room to expand Normal and Heroic raiding, esp. due to the flex mechanism (if they'd come up with that mechanism 15 years ago, WoW raiding would always have been a lot healthier, or really any time pre-Cataclysm), but the perception among most of the playerbase is that even Normal is "not for them". Blizzard might want to look at fighting that perception if they want more people raiding. I suspect that for most people even a PuG Normal flex raid is a much better experience than LFR, which tends to be 75% casual players (no problem there, that's intended) and 25% lunatics (that's the problem) who are there for dubious reasons and tend to drag the entire experience downhill (and it wasn't exactly far uphill to start with).
    Fully agree with the college student point. I could not raid heroics if I wanted to maintain a social life and pass classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Make Ony's lair a random fun raid thing to do in 10.0

Sure its dumb to update an old raid but its Dragon related. Do it Blizz
    I could see that being relevant story wise and another anniversary nod like when they did it in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Loken gave the Tol'vir their sentience.
    That would still not fit your claims. Loken and Ra'den didn't kill one another. In fact, we killed both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I'm hoping all the old models will get updated like the race models did in WoD. So Onyxia and drconids etc aren't so polygonal. I don't think they will HD the old mounts like how the old racial mounts are still chunks but they introduced the HD versions via PVP saddles etc which is a shame. I would also love for them to HD up Tarecgosa and the Sands of Time shape shift but I doubt they will.
    Well, they did HD up some mounts like the Kodos, the weird Striders aswell as the Amani Bears, so I have hopes that they will do the same for all the other classic mounts, maybe with the revamp expansion?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

With the way Blizzard is doing PTR updates now, I really wonder if there is even any point of having the x.x.5 patches on the PTR at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    With the way Blizzard is doing PTR updates now, I really wonder if there is even any point of having the x.x.5 patches on the PTR at all.
    Well, they have to test their anti-mining encryption as much as anything else.

I'm hoping all the old models will get updated like the race models did in WoD. So Onyxia and drconids etc aren't so polygonal. I don't think they will HD the old mounts like how the old racial mounts are still chunks but they introduced the HD versions via PVP saddles etc which is a shame. I would also love for them to HD up Tarecgosa and the Sands of Time shape shift but I doubt they will.
    Generic dragon models will be updated.

Special models for dead characters like Onyxia won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Special models for dead characters like Onyxia won't be.
    I bet they will update the "unique" models for Ony, Nelf, Azuregos etc.

I bet they will update the "unique" models for Ony, Nelf, Azuregos etc.
    Why? They're all dead and will at most be seen in some Wrathion flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Why? They're all dead and will at most be seen in some Wrathion flashback.
    Come on now, it is impolite to say Azuregos is dead just because he is old.

The "What's New" screen is apparently encrypted in this build, so there must be a very spoiler image and text. Calia or rangers?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Come on now, it is impolite to say Azuregos is dead just because he is old.
    Well, he has been known to stay dead on occasion to see his Kyrian girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The "What's New" screen is apparently encrypted in this build, so there must be a very spoiler image and text. Calia or rangers?
    Splash screen for the horde allied race & splash screen for the alliance allied race. Let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    is that speculation or is it real
    I think it was the "This is what I want it to be, let's go!"

It's easy to tell based on who posted it

Well its not for the Dark Iron & Blood Knight questlines. Because why encrypt those?

My only question is wouldn't you want to give people a chance to test something like that on the PTR before they pre-order it? They did that for the BFA Allied Races.

I've hyped myself up so much I will be disappointed if there's not a new allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Well its not for the Dark Iron & Blood Knight questlines. Because why encrypt those?

My only question is wouldn't you want to give people a chance to test something like that on the PTR before they pre-order it? They did that for the BFA Allied Races.
    I do think something as important as an allied race should be tested and feedback should be given and acted on before release. Could've avoided some missteps and frustrations like Void Elf customization.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    I do think something as important as an allied race should be tested and feedback should be given and acted on before release. Could've avoided some missteps and frustrations like Void Elf customization.
    I think it would be risky, but it could be so awesome to have a brand new allied race suddenly show up in the game without any datamining beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I think it would be risky, but it could be so awesome to have a brand new allied race suddenly show up in the game without any datamining beforehand.
    That would be extremely awesome.

But a little wasted on Darkfallen. That's the exact thing everyone's already guessing it is. T&E even made a video about it.

--[[ --= WORLDPORT =-- worldport 2222, 3440.66, 6649.42, 4736.65, 273.866 --= CONSOLE CHEAT =-- mawremovebeastwarrensfear --= TO VIEW IN GAME =-- 1. Make a new max level character using the 9.2 template 2. Flagquest 65297 3. Flagquest 66343 4. worldport 2222, -1853.78, 1303.97, 5446.2, 303.624 5. Speak to Dori'thur and accept the quest 6. Speak to Dori'thur again to witness the cutscene --= CONTACT =-- - Quest Designer: Steve Danuser - Producer: Gayeong Yoo - IGC Designer: Robin Khamsi - Sound: Jay Maguire --]]
    Fresh out of the mine.