Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You know what I never understood - the "internets" hate against fanservice. What's wrong with that?
    Fanservice can easily be used instead of actual interesting writing or interesting new characters. Often times, fanservice makes people overlook shoddy writing because there's characters involved that they like

It's nostalgia-baiting. And Legion was really bad in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You know what I never understood - the "internets" hate against fanservice. What's wrong with that?
    There is nothing inherently wrong with it, but it does usually end up replacing actual effort when its easier to instead coast on what is already proven. We see this often is modern culture where easy fanservice is used to mask mediocre or even subpar films.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Fanservice can easily be used instead of actual interesting writing or interesting new characters. Often times, fanservice makes people overlook shoddy writing because there's characters involved that they like. It's nostalgia-baiting. And Legion was really bad in that regard.
    WoW has always had shoddy writting. Not much has changed in that regard even with Legion or WoD targeting nostalgia. The difference is just a person being unable to recognize that their feelings on the franchise have changed and needing to blame an outside force for that change.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

New PTR build just hit with a change to the store texture for the pre-order rewards. Curious to see what the previous 3 iterations of it were whenever they release the encryption key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things are moving today ! That's cool

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's a lot more movement than we're used to seeing. That's good.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    New PTR build just hit with a change to the store texture for the pre-order rewards. Curious to see what the previous 3 iterations of it were whenever they release the encryption key.
    Final version and pre order tomorrow???

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Final version and pre order tomorrow???
    one could hope even though im very doubtful

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    one could hope even though im very doubtful
    It's my ultimate cope.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Well, it is an more active week than usual. It is obviously going to be sooner rather than later though. There's always hope. Whether it manifests or not thats' a whole 'nother ballpark though.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-06-14 at 10:30 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

I literally just want the pre order so I can boost my alt with the free bonus thing, jesus fuck these delays are ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta for Overwatch 2 later this month, and Diablo will likely enter testing by September based on what has been said there. Wrath classic soon also. Busy time for Blizz's server team I guess.

I saw "Talent Calculator for Dragonflight" on WoWhead and got all excited that Blizzard released all the talent trees for all the classes but it's just WoWhead implementing their own actual dynamic calculator

Also, it seems like they must have deleted that post

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Huh? It's already clear that Dragonflight won't be the Legion-type of renaissance that WoW is in dire need of, has nothing to do with "this expansion will fail". People left and right here and everywhere else were expecting a Legion-kind of expansion for Dragonflight with bombast, content and packed with features. We get nothing of the sort. It's a simple obversation.
    As clear as your 'there won't be an 8.3 patch'? And yeah, I'm bringing this up again because it shows that you always fall back to commonplaces that suit your narrative.

So Legion had Artifacts, DHs, Order Halls, Profession Revamp, kinda and a new Honor System. Mythic+ and World Quests, but they were not mentioned until well into the Alpha cycle.

Was it really that content-heavy? Comparing the two Feature Trailers, there's not a lot of difference. The biggest thing missing is a borrowed power system.

So Legion had Artifacts, DHs, Order Halls, Profession Revamp, kinda and a new Honor System. Mythic+ and World Quests, but they were not mentioned until well into the Alpha cycle.

Was it really that content-heavy? Comparing the two Feature Trailers, there's not a lot of difference. The biggest thing missing is a borrowed power system.
    I really fail to see how people can claim that DF will be light on content when we actually know as good as nothing about the expac. It's the same doom and gloom cycle we have every expac.

We did however have a scheduled Blizzcon to follow up on the reveal. Dragonflight could use a couple of hours of deep dives that actually show content instead of developer teams that are far more diverse than the actual team is fellating each other for half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We did however have a scheduled Blizzcon to follow up on the reveal. Dragonflight could use a couple of hours of deep dives that actually show content instead of developer teams that are far more diverse than the actual team is fellating each other for half an hour.
    Gamescom was in August, Blizzcon in November. Also, are we really shifting goalposts to "Oh, the game will suck because of DA WOKENESS?" lmao

Gamescom was in August, Blizzcon in November. Also, are we really shifting goalposts to "Oh, the game will suck because of DA WOKENESS?" lmao
    ???

I mean if you want to read that into what I said. What I DID say is that in the context of this thread (which is how all posts in a thread are considered) we don't have any clarity on when we will be getting the next news which reduces hype. And that the one chance they got to actually give us information, they spent more of that time trying to be "Look how much we are trying to not be racist sexual harassers!" than they did actually showing content.

I've said repeatedly I am optimistic about Dragonflight. If you need to find antagonists, feel free but I am not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    ???

And that the one chance they got to actually give us information, they spent more of that time trying to be "Look how much we are trying to not be racist sexual harassers!" than they did actually showing content.
    If that is what you think about a company trying to be diverse and inclusive you really are in for a bad time (and absolutely justified).