Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    How do we stop Russia from doing it again in the future?
    We don't.
    That's what happens with nuclear powers, there is no avenue for forcing regime change and the usual method of economic integration and gradual assimilation to Western values has been tried and failed.
    So we will do nothing, because we can do nothing.

Aside from politically and economically isolating Russia and hoping they will be so poor they simply can't wage a war again in the future.
    And thus, we can just economically starve Russia without shedding their blood outside of Ukraine. They will comply, or become China's newest vassal state, sovereign on paper only.

I'd settle for that. Seize their foreign assets by force, use them to help Ukraine, and let them rot in the filth they created themselves. If russian people are content in eating shit, living in shit, believing shit, they can sure as hell stay that way, and enjoy the coming decades of stagnation.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there is a video of a tik tok army getting hit by HIMARS in school, because they posted what they are doing on social media

40 soldiers killed and 60 out of action. Makes you wonder now why russan officers are taking phones away from new conscripts.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Halloween Voter View Post
    Big lesson on entryism here. Dont let tankies from the DSA or Justice Dems take charge of messaging.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryJteQTPBlU

Are those the DSA you talk about? If so, Jesus Christ lol

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So there is a video of a tik tok army getting hit by HIMARS in school, because they posted what they are doing on social media

40 soldiers killed and 60 out of action. Makes you wonder now why russan officers are taking phones away from new conscripts.
    Didn't that happen months ago with the Ukrainians doing the picture taking in a school?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Didn't that happen months ago with the Ukrainians doing the picture taking in a school?
    There was a new incident of it just recently.

Apparently Kadyrov started calling for more massacres against Ukrainians shortly afterwards, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    There was a new incident of it just recently.

Apparently Kadyrov started calling for more massacres against Ukrainians shortly afterwards, too.
    Aw...couldn't handle being shot at by the enemy? Poor widdy Kadyrov...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/s...30049480085505

SATAN, BEGONE!

Apparently there are no more Nazi's in Ukraine, and now Russia needs to take on the scourge of satanists. I need to know more about this "kind of closed joint-stock company with a couple hundred small-town adepts"! I NEED TO KNOW MORE
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually a reaction to the shooting that happened a few weeks ago in Belgorod. Trying to calm any tensions between Muslim and Christian "recruits" so as to give them a focus. Instead of turning the one shoot out into massive infighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Aw...couldn't handle being shot at by the enemy? Poor widdy Kadyrov...
    NSFW warning on the twitter link

https://mobile.twitter.com/mhmck/sta...50232628772865

Tbh, I doubt Kadyrov cares a great deal about the peons he is sending to die, but the survivors putting out videos like this on social media in the aftermath clearly wounded definitely isn't a good look for him in terms of PR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    NSFW warning on the twitter link

https://mobile.twitter.com/mhmck/sta...50232628772865

Tbh, I doubt Kadyrov cares a great deal about the peons he is sending to die, but the survivors putting out videos like this on social media in the aftermath clearly wounded definitely isn't a good look for him in terms of PR.
    True, but as you say PR disasters aren't things dictators like either. Images are everything, be it strong man, iron fist or enlightened despot.

Russia really out here trying to justify their war now by injecting the presence of some evil man-god-thing that doesn't even exist. No better than all those middle eastern terrorist states that kill people in the name of made up deities. Absolute shit house of a country.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Russia really out here trying to justify their war now by injecting the presence of some evil man-god-thing that doesn't even exist. No better than all those middle eastern terrorist states that kill people in the name of made up deities. Absolute shit house of a country.
    I mean, I did not expect russia to be religious enough to have this work for propaganda.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I did not expect russia to be religious enough to have this work for propaganda.
    As I understood it the Russian orthodox church is in cahoots with Putin so...

It is for the muslims that they conscripted and that already shot up one training camp since the vatniks were mocking their religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    As I understood it the Russian orthodox church is in cahoots with Putin so...
    The church being in cahoots doesn't mean that this would work on the average russian. I mean the US is pretty religious as far as the population goes but I don't think a government calling for a desatanization of another country would get very far, ya know?

7+ Year Old Account
    The church being in cahoots doesn't mean that this would work on the average russian. I mean the US is pretty religious as far as the population goes but I don't think a government calling for a desatanization of another country would get very far, ya know?
    Different country, different people. Moscow church supports and parrots what Putler and his crew spews, and we all know how high the Crimea annexation and "special operation" support is. Are we really comparing USA top politicians and citizens to Russian, because of course it would not work there. But ruskies have shown time and time again how susceptible they are to propaganda.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-26 at 06:25 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US wouldn't? It absolutely would. See how the way the US deal with Israel. Conservatives diehard allegiance to Israel when it comes to primarily Palestine is heavily religious. Right now we're going to what see be allowed in schools and reignited old abortion debates on some extremely conservative religious grounds.

There certainly exists a timeline where the far-right religious Americans, who hold a lot of political clout despite not being a majority, would buy Putin's whole 'desatanization' plot.

People didn't like when I said the way Ukraine is supported will begin to wane. Doesn't mean people will suddenly side with Russia but the people will question how Ukraine is supported and whats expected. Its going to get worse as it gets colder, the war grows older, and clout can't be farmed.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/26/polit...sis/index.html
    Last edited by PACOX; 2022-10-26 at 07:11 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Ukraine having tough fights ahead in Kherson liberation.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...on-2022-10-24/

(For some reason when I try to bypass the paywall, it links to a different article altogether, fuck that)

FRONT LINES NORTH OF KHERSON, Ukraine, Oct 26 (Reuters) - Ukrainian troops at the front line said on Wednesday they were expecting a bitter fight for the southern Kherson region, which Russia now appeared to be reinforcing after days in which it seemed possible that Moscow might withdraw.

In Russia, the military staged a high-profile rehearsal for nuclear war, with state television broadcasts dominated by footage of submarines, strategic bombers and missile forces practicing launches in retaliation for an atomic attack.
    Either way, Russia also apparently stated they will not use a nuclear weapon in any case, so I guess regardless of what troubles Ukraine may face there, they can keep grinding against the nazi occupation with ever-increasing western weapon support

War ain't pretty, both sides will incur heavy losses in the end...
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-10-26 at 08:23 PM.

gonna be fucked up when putin loses and all the men who have private armies now come home with them. gonna be a big crossing the Rubicon moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    gonna be fucked up when putin loses and all the men who have private armies now come home with them. gonna be a big crossing the Rubicon moment.
    Outside of Prigozhin who else has a PMC? You're not wrong though some analysts and YouTubers are, carefully, voicing opinions to that effect. Of course whether or not the regular russian army will agree is another matter altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of Prigozhin who else has a PMC? You're not wrong though some analysts and YouTubers are, carefully, voicing opinions to that effect. Of course whether or not the regular russian army will agree is another matter altogether.
    There are at least half-a-dozen PMCs active in Ukraine in addition to Wagner, though they get far less coverage in Western mass media. I don't know who controls their strings if push comes to shove in an intra-Russian power struggle. Several regional governors, normally kept on a tight leash by Moscow, also seem to be using Putin's mobilization as an excuse to gather troops, and not necessarily send them to the front.

Here's an link from InformNapalm (a pro-Ukraininan, anti-Russian OSINT group):

Here's an online chapter on Russian PMCs from the recently-published (and now out of date) The War in Ukraine’s Donbas: Origins, Contexts, and the Future.

From Bellingcat, "Meet the Irregular Troops Backing up Russia’s Army in the Kharkiv Region"

And here's the report of the Atlantic Council on Russian PMCs. (The Atlantic Council is a US-based "pro-Western" think tank.)

The most prominent regional strongman in Putin's Russia is Chechnya's Kadyrov; he's something of a unique case, effectively ruling a quasi-independent dictatorial state within Russia, with Putin's blessing, in return for which he and he forces act as on-demand military thugs for Putin. Kadyrov isn't viewed as a direct threat, because the Russian elite and institutions would never accept him, but he could always throw his support behind someone other than Putin. I believe some other regional governors are quietly amassing their own loyal forces, using Putin's mobilization as an excuse, though readily accessible evidence for that is quite slim.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)