Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Zelenksy basically calls Putin an insane piece of shit as well as saying Russia only ever lies.
    -------------

"There is nothing to talk to him about," Zelenskyy stated.

"I'll give you an example from my life. In 2019, I became president. There was a lot of different criticism, people didn't want to talk to Putin. I said: 'I will, I will try a dialog'. It didn't give me any advantages in politics – I genuinely wanted to end the war, I wanted to find an agreement. It took us a long time to decide, because he was like a princess, sorry, he couldn't find a format in which we could meet. We did everything, and I did everything, to have a conversation."

And in the end, he recalled, an agreement was reached with Russia on a ceasefire, but the Russians did not adhere to it.

"We had a dialog on the phone, we had a meeting in the Normandy format," the head of state said.

"We exchanged the first 110 people and I was very happy. We agreed not to shoot: 'Let's do this - there will be a ceasefire for some time, and after that we will move on'. Daily provocations (began): one person was wounded, one person was killed. I called him, and there was a conversation that it could not be an accident: there are snipers from the occupied territories along this border (demarcation line). It was a live safari: they were coming and practicing on us. And everybody knew that they were bringing these special forces and these snipers from other territories where they were fighting. It was a safari. They allowed them to train on us, on living people."

Zelenskyy said that he tried to have a dialog with Putin, but the Russian leader in fact didn't want (to find a compromise).

"I tried to find a dialog," the president said.

"After that, we did not have any dialog. I made many requests to the Kremlin. I never hid it. I called all the states, absolutely: Israel, the United States, Britain, Germany, France. I asked everyone. I just wanted to talk on the phone. I said that I believed that the number of shots was increasing, the number of deaths on the contact line was increasing, there was a serious threat, there could be an escalation."

But Putin, according to him, agreed to the talks only to use them to his advantage.

"With whom to talk?," Zelenskyy asked. "With whom? He doesn't want anything. It's a joke for him. Now that he sees that he has become weaker, Russia is looking for something to calm down all the states. So that sanctions are not imposed, so that we are not helped, it can take some diplomatic step. But after that, believe me, in a year's time, he will come in an invasion to kill us again. Everything is obvious with him: he does not understand what is happening, he is an insane human."
    About time someone said it out loud at head of state level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I, for the life of me, cannot fathom why anyone is still responding to diet-Shalcker who's admitted to getting most of its information from pro-Russia bloggers.

Like, just ignore the obviously mentally ill propagandist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I, for the life of me, cannot fathom why anyone is still responding to diet-Shalcker who's admitted to getting most of its information from pro-Russia bloggers.

Like, just ignore the obviously mentally ill propagandist.
    It's a big part of the meta now.
    Very bored people posting all of their untreated anxity and neurosis online.
    Other Very Bored People endlessly circle jerkming or dog piling these people.

Reminds me of the time the Dr. Phil invited the Bum Fights guy on his show. To scold him for exploiting the homeless.
    Only to have Mr. BumFights come on dressed like Dr. Phil , and explain they both exploit vulnerable people.

Government Affiliated Snark

The Russians lie so compulsively that they have like 4 of 5 different words for different types of lying.

At this point if a Russian told me the sky is blue and water is wet, I'd have to double check before agreeing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I don't want to huff too much copium but I also want to scoot away from the circle-jerk for a moment; Been loosely following the Bakhmut situation and it's looking like Ukraine might very well surround the invading forces in a couple weeks at the rate they're going.

And if they can encircle and force the remaining vatniks there to surrender, or make them retreat before they're closed in, they'll have denied Russia a huge propaganda victory and I would find it fucking hilarious considering how much time and effort Russia and Wagner have spent fighting over that place.

it's already been known for a while now Russia is almost assuredly going to lose their rip on Bahkmut. It was even mentioned a mere few pages ago in regards to the Wagner boss being upset.

The real question is: How will Russia react when it is lost? As you stated, it's a huge part of their propaganda. They also repeatedly said Bahkmut is a "red line" in order to dissuade the Ukrainians - but as with Crimea, that doesn't sway anyone.

All bark little bite.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2023-05-15 at 05:01 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    it's already been known for a while now Russia is almost assuredly going to lose their rip on Bahkmut. It was even mentioned a mere few pages ago in regards to the Wagner boss being upset.

The real question is: How will Russia react when it is lost? As you stated, it's a huge part of their propaganda. They also repeatedly said Bahkmut is a "red line" in order to dissuade the Ukrainians - but as with Crimea, that doesn't sway anyone.

All bark little bite.
    "Haha faggot westerners think we really wanted Bakhmut? It was all a ruse xaxaxaxaxaxaxa )))))))))"

Literally nothing will happen.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    "Haha faggot westerners think we really wanted Bakhmut? It was all a ruse xaxaxaxaxaxaxa )))))))))"

Literally nothing will happen.
    On the contrary, they'll probably throw a tantrum and launch another missile barrage at children's hospitals and apartment buildings like they did when the Crimean Bridge was damaged, though with a mix of Russian Missile shortages and the Patriots being Patriots, it'll amount to 'figuratively' nothing happening.

If their military was in any better shape, I could imagine them launching a retaliatory counter-counter offensive at a weaker part of the Ukraine line, but the more they sit back and just dig in the more they're going to get hammered by drones and Storm Shadows so they might feel pressured to launch an offensive anyway just to take some heat off and save face.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    On the contrary, they'll probably throw a tantrum and launch another missile barrage at children's hospitals and apartment buildings like they did when the Crimean Bridge was damaged, though with a mix of Russian Missile shortages and the Patriots being Patriots, it'll amount to 'figuratively' nothing happening.

If their military was in any better shape, I could imagine them launching a retaliatory counter-counter offensive at a weaker part of the Ukraine line, but the more they sit back and just dig in the more they're going to get hammered by drones and Storm Shadows so they might feel pressured to launch an offensive anyway just to take some heat off and save face.
    What do you think they are trying to do right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh... A special 3 day operation?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should've specified a 'different offensive', but point taken.

Their options right now suck, which is both good and bad. Good because lmao fuck 'em, bad because they might do something more unhinged if they start rapidly backsliding (But also lmao fuck 'em, unhinge 'em anyway).

Like there's no shot Russia has any big wonder weapons left up their sleeve; their brand new tanks and brand new jets don't actually exist (and are sub-standard compared to what they'll be facing in Ukraine anyway), their missile stockpiles are dwindling, and their troop moral hasn't existed for months. But their leadership (IE: Putin) are desperate to not come out of this looking like fools to their populace and there's only so many ways you can domestically spin losing a front you've been hammering for months to a single counter offensive and might do something really stupid.

Key word being 'might'. I won't scaremonger about nukes, considering how much their state propaganda keeps having to jerk off about Nuclear stockpiles I'm actually fairly convinced their arsenal of missiles is in the shitter and they'd rather keep the threat of them existing looming than risk firing one, failing for any number of reasons, then getting turned into a parking lot by NATO; but who knows with these people.

Should've specified a 'different offensive', but point taken.

Their options right now suck, which is both good and bad. Good because lmao fuck 'em, bad because they might do something more unhinged if they start rapidly backsliding (But also lmao fuck 'em, unhinge 'em anyway).

Like there's no shot Russia has any big wonder weapons left up their sleeve; their brand new tanks and brand new jets don't actually exist (and are sub-standard compared to what they'll be facing in Ukraine anyway), their missile stockpiles are dwindling, and their troop moral hasn't existed for months. But their leadership (IE: Putin) are desperate to not come out of this looking like fools to their populace and there's only so many ways you can domestically spin losing a front you've been hammering for months to a single counter offensive and might do something really stupid.

Key word being 'might'. I won't scaremonger about nukes, considering how much their state propaganda keeps having to jerk off about Nuclear stockpiles I'm actually fairly convinced their arsenal of missiles is in the shitter and they'd rather keep the threat of them existing looming than risk firing one, failing for any number of reasons, then getting turned into a parking lot by NATO; but who knows with these people.
    That's the beauty of the situation.

Russia can't win because of the tsunami of guns/equipment/vehicles/ammo provided to Ukraine by the West.
    Russia can't back down because of sunk cost fallacy.
    Russia can't nook because A their nooks don't actually work B they'll get vaporized if they try.

There is literally no future timeline where Russia doesn't end up breaking itself apart because of this conflict.

There is literally no future timeline where Russia doesn't end up breaking itself apart because of this conflict.
    There is one if Trump gets re-elected. I hate to keep reminding people of this, but just please remember how much Zelenksy has stressed the importance of major breakthroughs specifically before 2024 elections, as though he knows how shit will go down if a Republican takes office.

Ukraine’s scramble for weaponry and political support from its allies, a near-constant quest since the full-scale Russian invasion of February 2022, is increasingly shadowed by worries over a heretofore unthinkable scenario — one in which the United States would no longer be Ukraine’s chief patron.

“It demonstrates, to some extent, that there is uncertainty in Europe over the next U.S. election,” said Liana Fix, a Europe fellow at the New York-based Council on Foreign Relations. “Europe wants to show that it will continue to help even if there is a change in U.S. policy, to make clear that this war is existential for Europeans as well as Ukraine.”

While there is recognition in European capitals that it’s still early in the U.S. presidential contest, former President Trump’s recent refusal to express hopes for a Ukrainian victory — a stark contrast with President Biden’s full-throated support, including a visit to Kyiv in February — caused a ripple of nervousness across the continent.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2023-05-15 at 07:00 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the beauty of the situation.

Russia can't win because of the tsunami of guns/equipment/vehicles/ammo provided to Ukraine by the West.
    Russia can't back down because of sunk cost fallacy.
    Russia can't nook because A their nooks don't actually work B they'll get vaporized if they try.

At this point Russia's only win condition is holding the line long enough to sue for peace, and even then that's not going to be feasible because Ukraine won't take any deals that don't involve giving them their land back as long as they have the kind of arms advantage they do now. The best thing Russia can hope for right now is that, somehow, the next election cycle sees Russian sympathetic leaders instilled in the US, UK, France, and Germany all at the same time and they all simultaneously withdraw arms support.

They tried launching that offensive a while ago. It failed so utterly that no noticeable ground was gained.

They are not sitting back because they want to, but because they literally cannot go forward without throwing thousands of bodies into the blender to get 2 meters of ground.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The best thing Russia can hope for right now is that, somehow, the next election cycle sees Russian sympathetic leaders instilled in the US, UK, France, and Germany all at the same time and they all simultaneously withdraw arms support.
    I suppose an alternative is that Putin dies and whoever replaces him calls it off.

Luka has made an appearance to show he isn't dead. Just sick, not poisoned.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I suppose an alternative is that Putin dies and whoever replaces him calls it off.
    That is also just as likely at this rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Luka has made an appearance to show he isn't dead. Just sick, not poisoned.
    I sincerly wish him a life long enough to see putin fall. (and I hope he's contingency planning to keep Belorussia out of the war and the clutches of russia should he expire prematurely.)

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I sincerly wish him a life long enough to see putin fall. (and I hope he's contingency planning to keep Belorussia out of the war and the clutches of russia should he expire prematurely.)
    Lukashenko is just as evil as Putin.