Deleted
    I would prefer Vereesa to die in the elven civil war, sorry for that And Silver Covenant act just as connector between Alliance, and new ranger-themed population with changed lifestyle, as I already mentioned. So those are not my primary concerns.

Moreover that's minor problem for me, as I don't consider biological change to be necessary and only, but rather secondary explanation of model updates. If You think, that biological change is the only reasonable motif, of model upgrade, then we have no easy way, other maybe than operating on two models, as Tirasian population. However i still consider modern Blood Elf model not to be accurate, to what High Elf should look, after all - I still see it also as possible way of highlighting different thematically atmosphere, temperament, and behavior -

http://media.moddb.com/images/downlo..._in_battle.jpg
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/e2ab/f..._by_hikzbr.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    How can a website that requires its users download an addon and upload data in order to be represented (Warcraft Realms) be more up to date/accurate than a website that continually pings characters who use the AH/Guilds that use the AH with no addon required nor input needed from players other than using the AH (Realmpop) ???

That makes no sense at all. Warcraft Realms also shows Alliance leading in population over Horde by a 1.3:1 ratio but we know that is bullshit and that there are more overall population of players currently playing Horde than Alliance and it's skewed in Horde's favor. This is supported by both Realmpop and WoWprogress.

WarcraftRealms has a shitty method to show census data and I still can't believe some are saying or touting it as "more accurate than Realmpop." All WarcraftRealms shows is that most of its users play Alliance.

Edit: More evidence to prove that WarcraftRealms is bullshit - Look at the column to the right showing "All Guilds" it's all Alliance and WarcraftRealms lists it as "Top 50 Guilds by level value" proving my point even more that it's an Alliance biased website.

WarcraftRealms is just trash all around.
    Such a wall of text for not being able to see what i wrote. OUT OF DATE means obsolete. You are comparing a site with numbers to one with none. There is no comparison to make. But, their sample is 1/40th of the overall population. You can definitly draw trends from that. It's a huge sample.

So, yes Warcraft realms is more accurate, until the other one bothers to update. But, don't expect significant changes.

And yes, it is likely Alliance overtook horde on population because of the "hated" void elves. Get over it. Realms also had horde being more numerous at max level, but they have bothered to update their numbers and allied races now play a factor.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-05-20 at 05:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean the recent broadcast text by Umbric shows that not all Blood Elves even, think alike. That he states his people belong to the Alliance, and that he feels more right than before means him, and possibly others were feeling that same way before already but are even more resolute now in that regard.

So touting the "Thalassian/High Elves" as a Horde race is actually incorrect as we are continuing to see not all its own people agree.

You can say Blood Elves are Horde and that much is true, but not every Thalassian Elf variant, that would indeed be incorrect and current/new lore is supporting that. The "majestic" style Thalassian elves belong to the Horde from developer comments.

But getting Alliance High Elves wasn't ever about having "majestic elves" in the first place, as the concepts in the beginning of this thread and various other places prove.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Such a wall of text for not being able to see what i wrote. OUT OF DATE means obsolete. You are comparing a site with numbers to one with none.
    How does Realmpop not have numbers? It's pretty obvious the "Uknown" piece of pie is in reference to Allied Races because if you bring the level range to 20-20 then it jumps up hugely as a piece of the pie, meaning one can easily deduce it's the number of ALL Allied Races.

We just don't know how it's divided up but as @DeicideUH pointed out you can take a look at the classes that are unique to certain races to guesstimate an idea of where the popularity lies.

What do you even mean by not having "none" numbers. The data is there, just not categorized yet.

Edit: And it still doesn't disprove that WarcraftRealms isn't trash. It very much has a trash way of garnering census data, the numbers that exist for it shouldn't even matter if it can't be as close as objectively possible compared to Horde. Which Realmpop beats that out in completely.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no comparison to make. But, their sample is 1/40th of the overall population. You can definitly draw trends from that. It's a huge sample.

So, yes Warcraft realms is more accurate, until the other one bothers to update. But, don't expect significant changes.

And yes, it is likely Alliance overtook horde on population because of the "hated" void elves. Get over it. Realms also had horde being more numerous at max level, but they have bothered to update their numbers and allied races now play a factor.
    My comments were never about Void Elves in particular, I don't give a shit about that. Merely to point out that Warcraftrealms uses heavily biased data. All you can use it for is to see the Alliance portion of things, but that doesn't show the whole picture of Allied Races overall because you're pretty much leaving out the Horde side, thus it's not a true census.

The fact Realms shows a piece of the pie as Unknown for Allied Races means that it is continuously updating, how you cannot realize this is beyond me. But stay ignorant if you wish, my comments are more for the general public that happen to chance by this rather than specifically trying to convince those who use trashy ass census websites.

Deleted
    I mean the recent broadcast text by Umbric shows that not all Blood Elves even, think alike. That he states his people belong to the Alliance, and that he feels more right than before means him, and possibly others were feeling that same way before already but are even more resolute now in that regard.

So touting the "Thalassian/High Elves" as a Horde race is actually incorrect as we are continuing to see not all its own people agree.

You can say Blood Elves are Horde and that much is true, but not every Thalassian Elf variant, that would indeed be incorrect and current/new lore is supporting that. The "majestic" style Thalassian elves belong to the Horde from developer comments.

But getting Alliance High Elves wasn't ever about having "majestic elves" in the first place, as the concepts in the beginning of this thread and various other places prove.
    If you don't care about allied races then stop discussing with me. I was specifically talking about allied races.

- - - Updated - - -

How does Realmpop not have numbers? It's pretty obvious the "Uknown" piece of pie is in reference to Allied Races because if you bring the level range to 20-20 then it jumps up hugely as a piece of the pie, meaning one can easily deduce it's the number of ALL Allied Races.

We just don't know how it's divided up but as @DeicideUH pointed out you can take a look at the classes that are unique to certain races to guesstimate an idea of where the popularity lies.

What do you even mean by not having "none" numbers. The data is there, just not categorized yet.

Edit: And it still doesn't disprove that WarcraftRealms isn't trash. It very much has a trash way of garnering census data, the numbers that exist for it shouldn't even matter if it can't be as close as objectively possible compared to Horde. Which Realmpop beats that out in completely.
    So, let's recap... Realmpop has the data but not categorized. So, that means the data is useless. Great! Glad we had this conversation.

I have been specifically talking about allied races. If you don't care, then why are you discussing this with me?

I said it once and i'll say it a million times cause it's true. Void elves are currently the most popular allied race.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-05-20 at 05:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, let's recap... Realmpop has the data but not categorized. So, that means the data is useless. Great! Glad we had this conversation.
    I'm sorry that you cannot deduce the information that Realmpop has like how @DeicideUH was able to, and others I'm sure who have greater capacity than you can as well. That's not a fault of the website, but of the individual user itself.

Deleted
    I'm sorry that you cannot deduce the information that Realmpop has like how @DeicideUH was able to, and others I'm sure who have greater capacity than you can as well. That's not a fault of the website, but of the individual user itself.
    Don't be sorry. The problem is you can't even understand the point people are making and jump with all sorts of useless trash trying to dilute the conversation on walls of text.

I made a claim, i provided my source.

You want to make a different claim, then do it and provide your source. You are doing nothing but wasting everyone's time with your bundle of useless data.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't be sorry. The problem is you can't even understand the point people are making and jump with all sorts of useless trash trying to dilute the conversation on walls of text.

I made a claim, i provided my source.

You want to make a different claim, then do it and provide your source. You are doing nothing but wasting everyone's time with your bundle of useless data.
    I have also been talking specifically about Allied Races and I have been saying and showing how one can easily deduce that the "Unknown" portion on Realmpop is ALL Allied Races. And @DeicideUH has shown how you can see, by taking some of the unique classes from that complete total of ALL Allied Races you can kind of deduce their popularity using Realmpop.

Realmpop being more accurate, gives a better indication. Regardless if the result ends up the same.

And my main comments again, were about showing how trashy Warcraftrealms census data is, I don't give a fuck if Void Elves are the most popular Allied Race or not. Merely that touting Warcraftrealms as accurate over Realmpop is what's really dumb, when one requires extra steps from its users and the other does not and garners data from natural play.

Underlined and bolded my entire purpose of my comments, which seem to have flew over your head.

Deleted
    I have also been talking specifically about Allied Races and I have been saying and showing how one can easily deduce that the "Unknown" portion on Realmpop is ALL Allied Races. And @DeicideUH has shown how you can see, by taking some of the unique classes from that complete total of ALL Allied Races you can kind of deduce their popularity using Realmpop.

Realmpop being more accurate, gives a better indication. Regardless if the result ends up the same.

And my main comments again, were about showing how trashy Warcraftrealms census data is, I don't give a fuck if Void Elves are the most popular Allied Race or not. Merely that touting Warcraftrealms as accurate over Realmpop is what's really dumb, when one requires extra steps from its users and the other does not and garners data from natural play.

Underlined and bolded my entire purpose of my comments, which seem to have flew over your head.
    Jesus... you just don't understand. Realm pop data is unreliable atm. You can't draw any conclusions until they fix the algorythm, just guesses. You got reliable data for a huge sample. It is the only data you can adress atm. We can't really play a guessing game and say it's more reliable, cause it's not.
    Also, love how much you are spam pinging the guy when he already said that the info will be better on BfA. Atm it is not.

Let me put this simply, until you have a means to falsify the results of the source i presented, you got nothing. Move along. Even if you had the info, it won't necessarely present very different information and i didn't say it's more accurate, i said it's the only one with up to date information you can accuratly read.
    So, stop wasting everyone's time. I made a claim about velfs. If you have any way to falsify it, do it. If you don't, don't adress me or i'm black listing your spam.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-05-20 at 05:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jesus... you just don't understand. Realm pop data is unreliable atm. You can't draw any conclusions until they fix the algorythm, just guesses. You got reliable data for a huge sample. It is the only data you can adress atm. We can't really play a guessing game and say it's more reliable, cause it's not.
    Also, love how much you are spam pinging the guy when he already said that the info will be better on BfA. Atm it is not.
    Oh I didn't know it adds a new ping everytime whoops!

Regardless, I think you and I are the same page but just misunderstanding a few things. You can draw some educated guesses (deduce) using Realmpop, as has been done by looking at the unique classes only Void Elves and Nightborne can be over Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei.

That much is certain and also falls in line with the Elves being the most popular over the other 2 AR.

It's not really playing a guessing game, when you are able to use deductive reasoning. But we can agree to disagree here if you don't see it that way.

Warcraftrealms is still trash over Realmpop which was my main point the entire time, I was never trying to disprove your statement of Void Elves being the most popular Allied Race.

Well, those two pictures look like the exact same type of elf as drawn by different artists. And for me, I'd have liked it if Blood Elves had sharper and more angular features. The current Blood Elf face is too soft to me. So to me, it's just as accurate to High Elves as to Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    I would prefer Vereesa to die in the elven civil war, sorry for that And Silver Covenant act just as connector between Alliance, and new ranger-themed population with changed lifestyle, as I already mentioned. So those are not my primary concerns.

Moreover that's minor problem for me, as I don't consider biological change to be necessary and only, but rather secondary explanation of model updates. If You think, that biological change is the only reasonable motif, of model upgrade, then we have no easy way, other maybe than operating on two models, as Tirasian population.
    and for game old like WoW the biological change is ONLY way to show how one race unique from other, because WE DON't HAVE customization options like eso/bdo/any new eastern mmo. till you bring modern customization in wow - you can do this only by different races, end of story.
    It would stop being Warcraft when "any race can be any faction". This is core principle of it.
    When new player who not familiar with Warcraft lore will join this game - he will see "good" and "evil" faction. Horde and Aliance. And he will AUTOMATICALY think of Horde as evil. He don't care for lore for now. He want to be good guy.

However i still consider modern Blood Elf model not to be accurate, to what High Elf should look, after all - I still see it also as possible way of highlighting different thematically atmosphere, temperament, and behavior -

http://media.moddb.com/images/downlo..._in_battle.jpg
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/e2ab/f..._by_hikzbr.jpg
    and how exactly you show different atmosphere? In BC only one time when we saw "High elf" buildings and they were EXACTLY the same to Blood elven one. HE "aestetic" from the past? THEY WERE INNEHITED BY BLOOD ELVES. Every tatto, hairstyle, cloth from WC1-2-3 BELONG to current Blood elves. They not magicaly wiped tatto from their faces, they not magicaly shaved their heads differently. They not stopped employing rangers, because they have their own base near QT (AND IT'S NEAR BECAUSE RANGERS ARE BETTER WORK IN THE WOODS AND NOT CITY!). You see the problem people? You Pulling PAST for your "High elves". You not trying to invent something new for them. And EVERYTHING from their past (WC1-2-3) BELONG to Quel'thalas - aka BLOOD ELVES and the same (if not higher degree) as "High elves", who "breed with lesser races = half elves"

And everyone who bring "faction population" thing. So you think when on Vanila A-H had 70% - 30% ratio was good? I think it's good when you have 5% difference in favour of one of another. When Horde get numbers like 60 to 40 THEN AND ONLY THEN you can start bringing this argument. So cut the crap from it.
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-05-21 at 01:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    He want to be good guy.
    And how is that related to slightly different behavior and temper?.. And how it is, that their rather ambiguous, and egdy name doesn't stop him?

new player
    Do not start with allied races anyway.

This is core principle of it.
    Didin't they just said, that BfA is their last big shinny moment for factions, and later they are gonna rather rearrange the game?

But never mind, I actually wrote here already few times - close parallels are good for keeping faction tensions and catching attention. And even not making High Elves playable Blizzard was not able to not use it in story. I do not harm faction divisions, in fact - they make them look more authentically.

customization options
    No one seem to be against. In fact - proposals for more customization options for all elven races are strongly needed.

He don't care
    So You admit, that elven concept erosion is driven by aspiration to please poor tastes?

Every tatto, hairstyle, cloth from WC1-2-3 BELONG to current Blood elves.
    And yet won't be used for them. Even existence of High Elven druids became retconed. Why is that? Because these are only in game lore explanations. And if some concepts are not consistent with current story development - they will just stay unused.

If model can show only poor average race representation, then it is the population with more nature shifted lifestyle, who shows such look, even if in lore ranger tattoos could be present in both. That's how highlighting differences work. And - no - it's not "taking away" from the Blood Elves, if thanks to that move they get less blurred, and easier to define. It seem to be very, very common misunderstanding here - consistency of motives and quality of picture is more important than their quantity.

and how exactly you show different atmosphere?
    Strange case - I could felt it easily in WC3, despite less visual differentiation, and much more poor graphics. But I agree - at some point in needs independent development, from positions similar to taken by Highvale Elves in game. And there are also ideas for such development in this thread - driven from other more classical elven fantasy interpretations.

So you think when on Vanila A-H had 70% - 30% ratio was good?
    No, I don't think It was good.

Although I see Blizzard working since few years intensively on recreating Blood Elves success, mostly by focusing on different dark-ellf-niche aesthetics. And so we got Nightfallen - with grim looks from Morrowind, Nightborne - nearly 100% drow in physical appearance, and Void Elves with equipment taken straight from Warhammer. Of all that - they made conservative and cowardly, but predictable decision, to make playable Nightborne, not Nightfallen in their previous appearance, and so - follow rather just a trope of being pretty, and make redemption story even faster than in case of Blood Elves. As for now Nightborne are outnumbered by totally carelessly done Void Elves.

Vampires, if they become playable (in way making them to some point recognizable as elves) - may be second attempt. And their possible future popularity in relation to Nightborne will may in fact falsify Your assumptions. Because who knows? Maybe it's not looks itself - however important for all elves - the only thing behind most popular Blizzards race? And if so - smoothing way of presentation Blood Elves might do not serve them. And do not serve Horde. Even despite many new players being ignorant and predictable for sure.

I'm going to observe it, being honesty curios of outcome.
    Last edited by mmoc5cb4a68957; 2018-05-21 at 09:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think with all the beautiful new faction-centric armor available in BfA, you can get void elves looking pretty close to what a lot of people are wanting out of high elves. You can even say your Ren'dorei was a high elf and never a blood elf (as high elves are present in the Rift) but they decided to take in the power of the void because it was a Windrunner who was guiding people in it and they wanted all the power they could muster to fight for the Alliance.
    People just need to use a little imagination.

(Click for bigger)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    You can even say your Ren'dorei was a high elf and never a blood elf (as high elves are present in the Rift)
    Still waiting on something conclusive about this. Because currently Void Elves are exclusively the result of being forcibly transformed by a now dead Ethereal. It's not something any of them actually wanted or studied for, they were being turned into void creatures against their will. I don't see them being keen to replicate it unless some new developments occur. Theres Elves being trained now yes, but it'd be more likely to me they wind up like Alleria rather than perma greyscale Elves with tentacle hair.
    Last edited by mmoce8e1af4db8; 2018-05-21 at 12:20 PM.

Honestly, I think with all the beautiful new faction-centric armor available in BfA, you can get void elves looking pretty close to what a lot of people are wanting out of high elves. You can even say your Ren'dorei was a high elf and never a blood elf (as high elves are present in the Rift) but they decided to take in the power of the void because it was a Windrunner who was guiding people in it and they wanted all the power they could muster to fight for the Alliance.

(Click for bigger)
    I just handwave mine as a high elf that was with Alleria when recruiting Umbric and got caught in the ethereal's trap (I like to create backgrounds for all characters). But it's not the same thing as a high elf, it's just the closest thing possible. You don't look like a high elf, don't have a high elf place to hang out, won't get high elf lore when that playable race gets featured (I think that's the biggest problem).

But those mogs are very cool. Gold/blue fit well with void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux- View Post
    Still waiting on something conclusive about this. Because currently Void Elves are exclusively the result of being forcibly transformed by a now dead Ethereal. It's not something any of them actually wanted or studied for, they were being turned into void creatures against their will. I don't see them being keen to replicate it unless some new developments occur. Theres Elves being trained now yes, but it'd be more likely to me they wind up like Alleria rather than perma greyscale Elves with tentacle hair.
    I agree there.
    Whatever...

Deleted

(picture)
    That's the route I went, it's better than nothing. I would have liked the Void Elf population to be only made of people like these, rather than a scenario that clearly points towards Blood Elf renegades and then randomly includes High Elf NPCs in Telogrus without a single word about them. Still not sure why they didn't go down the Worgen Two Forms path so we could have an out-of-combat High Elf form that looks like Alleria and an in-combat Void Elf form. I'm pretty sure that would have made more people happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux- View Post
    Well, you know what they say, "Desperate times call for desperate measures.". Some Quel'dorei might see the "reclamation" of Lordaeron as a new opportunity to wrestle Quel'Thalas away from the Sin'dorei and are willing to get their hands a little voidy to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    That's the route I went, it's better than nothing. I would have liked the Void Elf population to be only made of people like these, rather than a scenario that clearly points towards Blood Elf renegades and then randomly includes High Elf NPCs in Telogrus without a single word about them. Still not sure why they didn't go down the Worgen Two Forms path so we could have an out-of-combat High Elf form that looks like Alleria and an in-combat Void Elf form. I'm pretty sure that would have made more people happy.
    At first, I expected the void elves to be more worgen-like with battle transformations. I was a little disappointed when I realised the model previews represented their usual form, but hey ho! We work with what we've got!

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I just handwave mine as a high elf that was with Alleria when recruiting Umbric and got caught in the ethereal's trap (I like to create backgrounds for all characters). But it's not the same thing as a high elf, it's just the closest thing possible. You don't look like a high elf, don't have a high elf place to hang out, won't get high elf lore when that playable race gets featured (I think that's the biggest problem).
    That's very plausible. I imagine many of the high elves stuck in Outland at the Allerian Stronghold probably didn't have much against the Sin'dorei once they realised that Kael'thas' followers did not represent all of the survivors of the Third War. Auric, their presumed leader in Alleria's absence, is happy to be in the company of blood elves and refers to all Thalassians collectively as the "Children of Silvermoon".
    It's quite possible that one of the high elves of Alleria's squad was eager to rejoin their former commander and accompany her on her quest to get more of the "Belore'dorei" to join them in standing with the Alliance. People who the Allerian elves have stood by for decades.

That's very plausible. I imagine many of the high elves stuck in Outland at the Allerian Stronghold probably didn't have much against the Sin'dorei once they realised that Kael'thas' followers did not represent all of the survivors of the Third War. Auric, their presumed leader in Alleria's absence, is happy to be in the company of blood elves and refers to all Thalassians collectively as the "Children of Silvermoon".
    It's quite possible that one of the high elves of Alleria's squad was eager to rejoin their former commander and accompany her on her quest to get more of the "Belore'dorei" to join them in standing with the Alliance. People who the Allerian elves have stood by for decades.
    One of my suggestions to make void more relatable for high elf players is to turn some high elf NPCs into void elves. I'd take some of the Allerian elves, like Taela Everstride and Theloria Shadecloak as hunter and rogue figures for the ren'dorei, for instance. Would also take Lyria and Ennas (the blood elf priests preaching against the Horde in Silvermoon) as priest representatives and Summoner Nolric (only high elf warlock known) as a ren'dorei warlock.

I find it interesting that Umbric's dialogue for 8.0 indicates he's more like a high elf in regards to faction loyalty than a blood elf. It's a good start, but the void elves need to have their lore fleshed out a lot before people start to feel comfortable with them.

The recruitment scenario for the void elves would also be way better if, instead of Alleria alone, we had a full squad of high elves with her, some named (like Auric and the above mentioned Theloria and Taela) plus generic Silver Covenant mages and rangers. Then, they are all caught in the trap and turned, so we instantly have known high elves becoming void elves, and also make the ren'dorei more diverse, with some wishing to study the void, others wary of the transformation.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-05-21 at 02:05 PM.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    One of my suggestions to make void more relatable for high elf players is to turn some high elf NPCs into void elves. I'd take some of the Allerian elves, like Taela Everstride and Theloria Shadecloak as hunter and rogue figures for the ren'dorei, for instance. Would also take Lyria and Ennas (the blood elf priests preaching against the Horde in Silvermoon) as priest representatives and Summoner Nolric (only high elf warlock known) as a ren'dorei warlock.

I find it interesting that Umbric's dialogue for 8.0 indicates he's more like a high elf in regards to faction loyalty than a blood elf. It's a good start, but the void elves need to have their lore fleshed out a lot before people start to feel comfortable with them.

The recruitment scenario for the void elves would also be way better if, instead of Alleria alone, we had a full squad of high elves with her, some named (like Auric and the above mentioned Theloria and Taela) plus generic Silver Covenant mages and rangers. Then, they are all caught in the trap and turned, so we instantly have known high elves becoming void elves, and also make the ren'dorei more diverse, with some wishing to study the void, others wary of the transformation.
    Those are all good suggestions, yeah.

On Umbric's dialogue, I imagine that many Sin'dorei even today (in the current WoW timeline) still aren't particularly comfortable with Silvermoon being aligned with the Horde. I think that the only reason even part of the general Thalassian public was able to accept joining the Horde was because it was the former Ranger-General and a Windrunner who was inviting them in.

It wouldn't surprise me if many still deeply resented the orcs for their involvement in the Second War (even if it was mostly just the Dragonmaw) and thoroughly distrusted all trolls because of the millennia-old rivalry between Quel'Thalas and the Amani. Many of the Ren'dorei probably breathed a sigh of relief when they were able to disentangle themselves from their ties to the Horde. Even if it meant leaving Quel'Thalas for the foreseeable future, if not forever.

Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    And how is that related to slightly different behavior and temper?.. And how it is, that their rather ambiguous, and egdy name doesn't stop him?
    Surpse. it won't! And your friends scream on every corner that Horde is faction for children. well - at least this is how we keep enough players to be actuall faction? Or you mean Void elves? then MAYBE they will turn some of people from Aliance who don't want to be "bad elf" and make this people actually read lore? who knows.

Do not start with allied races anyway.
    but they will see Common "good guy races" on Aliance side and will automaticaly consider them "good faction".

Didin't they just said, that BfA is their last big shinny moment for factions, and later they are gonna rather rearrange the game?

But never mind, I actually wrote here already few times - close parallels are good for keeping faction tensions and catching attention. And even not making High Elves playable Blizzard was not able to not use it in story. I do not harm faction divisions, in fact - they make them look more authentically.
    Care to share link about that? especialy that they will rearrange the game AFTER BFA

So You admit, that elven concept erosion is driven by aspiration to please poor tastes?
    Sorry but new players (especialy young ones) commonly have poor tastes, and almost always don't care about lore.

And yet won't be used for them. Even existence of High Elven druids became retconed. Why is that? Because these are only in game lore explanations. And if some concepts are not consistent with current story development - they will just stay unused.

If model can show only poor average race representation, then it is the population with more nature shifted lifestyle, who shows such look, even if in lore ranger tattoos could be present in both. That's how highlighting differences work. And - no - it's not "taking away" from the Blood Elves, if thanks to that move they get less blurred, and easier to define. It seem to be very, very common misunderstanding here - consistency of motives and quality of picture is more important than their quantity.
    so you again want to wipe history happened during WC3. And want bring "past" for your personal needs. Want to know where was BAD writing (wich people scream not about current state)? In WC1-WC2. It was f**king common fantasy with "good vs bad". Oh and by this "druidic" you want to dwindle role of Nigh elves too. Nice trade for both factions i guess eh?

Strange case - I could felt it easily in WC3, despite less visual differentiation, and much more poor graphics. But I agree - at some point in needs independent development, from positions similar to taken by Highvale Elves in game. And there are also ideas for such development in this thread - driven from other more classical elven fantasy interpretations.
    yes you felt "High elves" become Blood elves - so they innerhited everything what was part of the "High elves"

No, I don't think It was good.
    elves by GENERAL most popular race in every f**king fantasy world. Everyone want to be beautifull, skillfull, immortal, etc. And by current population we see that every elf is big selling point for faction. But NOW factions difference have about 10% (45 vs 55). Till it turn to 70 horde and 30% aliance you have zero chance getting this "selling" race. And this won't, because Race skill will be nerfed (reworked) and aliance got Void elves, wich silenced part of your "i want High elf in aliance" community.

Sorry but pleasing EVERYONE is not blizzard job. Blizzard job is please Big part, without making other sad.

You are my dear "Pro high elf" - replaceable. They already counted most outcomes they can from this step. Few who will "cancel" their sub permanently (laugh) or temporary are "adequate" loss, while they again consider possible new customers for adding so many races. They will monitor faction population after that, will try predict future and work accordingly. But for now? You my dear are "expected loses"
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-05-21 at 02:40 PM.