Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Looking at these icons a bit more:

You can see a lot of the High Elves have paler skin and then when they're Blood Elves their skin takes a more reddish tone.
    No. You compare images of different characters.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    No. You compare images of different characters.
    Doesn't matter if the characters are different. Even the 2 spellbreakers with helmets on shows the blue one is paler and the red one more red undertone.

You guys are getting pedantic at this point. It's a nice little observation.

Doesn't matter if the characters are different. Even the 2 spellbreakers with helmets on shows the blue one is paler and the red one more red undertone.

I think it's an optical illusion due to the colors surrounding it, because zooming the image makes me think it's the same shade of skin, at least in the units that repeat (helmet guy, sorceress, priest). In the case of the priest, the lighting of his eye glow over the skin also contributes to make it appear lighter, but the skin tone seems the same in portions away from the eyes.

However, the high elf-only portraits do seem to generally have a paler skin color than the blood elf-only portraits.
    Whatever...

I don't really think it's pedantic to say blood elves and high elves have the same skin tone despite blood elves maybe appearing 0.005% darker than high elves in the image you posted because of:

the contrast in eye color and gear vs. skin tone

the elves not even being the same individual people
    change can't wait.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I don't really think it's pedantic to say blood elves and high elves have the same skin tone despite blood elves maybe appearing 0.005% darker than high elves in the image you posted because of
    textbook pedant right there.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    That’s honestly a reach. So they went from pale white to... pale white? Belves are pretty light skinned. The biggest and only physical difference are the eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t care about high elves but this qualification means nothing. LFD for example easily could’ve and should’ve been customization options. HM Tauren are Tauren with antlers and bodypaint. A good chunk of Allied races we have don’t bring much in terms of outright uniqueness.
    Firstly, both HM Tauren and LF Draenei don't cross faction lines... as opposed to high elves who do. Secondly, all the ARs we have do bring some form of uniqueness. LF Draenei are devout followers of the light as opposed to regular Draenei who have a strong affinity for arcane and even shamanism too. As one example.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

textbook pedant right there.
    That would only make me a pedant if I was saying the 0.005% thing even if blood elves were obviously and visually darker than high elves, which they aren't in that picture.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Firstly, both HM Tauren and LF Draenei don't cross faction lines... as opposed to high elves who do.
    This is true, and this reasoning is why I'm pretty sure High Elves haven't been added. They look exactly the same as belves, unlike LFD and HMT which only look mostly the same. Plus they're on two different factions, which would hurt faction identity.

They should just give Belves their blue eyes and be done with it.
    Last edited by united; 2019-10-15 at 10:08 PM.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    It's due to their lore, the idea of the underdog elves who lost everything and held onto their morality. Their story and struggles have always been appealing to me...But don't we have a megathread for this?
    Siphoning magic from creatures is immoral (no different to hunting a creature for food) yet stealing artifacts to sate mana addictions is moral? The purge of Dalaran was hardly a moral event either. On top of that, high elves of the alliance are just as arrogant as their blood elf kin. They're certainly not this "humble, moral group of elves" that high elf fans make them out to be.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Doesn't matter if the characters are different.
    It does. We can easily say that these elves didn't change skin color.
    Even the 2 spellbreakers with helmets on shows the blue one is paler and the red one more red undertone.
    Illusion. Green is opposite of red and, thus everything gets more red. Also, blue light from the eyes tone everything down a bit.
    You are pedantic here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    However, the high elf-only portraits do seem to generally have a paler skin color than the blood elf-only portraits.
    These blood elves look angry.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at these icons a bit more:

You can see a lot of the High Elves have paler skin and then when they're Blood Elves their skin takes a more reddish tone.
    What's the source for these images?

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    What's the source for these images?
    https://twitter.com/Back2Warcraft/st...68796887715840

Siphoning magic from creatures is immoral (no different to hunting a creature for food) yet stealing artifacts to sate mana addictions is moral? The purge of Dalaran was hardly a moral event either. On top of that, high elves of the alliance are just as arrogant as their blood elf kin. They're certainly not this "humble, moral group of elves" that high elf fans make them out to be.
    For me, High Elf fans should go off to LOTRO, really. Blood Elves are the High Elves of WoW, as "damaged" as other races are. High Elves should also go extinct or be converted to Void Elves. Simple as that. Keep progressing the story without these relics of the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    For me, High Elf fans should go off to LOTRO, really. Blood Elves are the High Elves of WoW, as "damaged" as other races are. High Elves should also go extinct or be converted to Void Elves. Simple as that. Keep progressing the story without these relics of the past.
    Yea but thanks god you're not a wow developper and thus High elves will always be relevant.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Thank you!
    No problem.

5+ Year Old Account
    Siphoning magic from creatures is immoral (no different to hunting a creature for food)
    They were not feeding, mana is not a food for them, they were satiating an addiction, kill to satiate an addiction is not very morally correct.

Is not comparable to food. Is not a necessity.

Hi guys, I just got a reply from a CM about a ticket I had raised and remembered a little while ago a CM doubling down on Ion's statements regarding high elves caused a bit of a stir.

Well, this cm appears to have repeated that statement and I thought you guys might like to see.

Cheers.
    Last edited by CottonCandyCastro; 2019-10-16 at 03:00 PM.

You guys might be surprised to hear from me after all this time, but I honestly believe the best chance of getting the sort of high elf models you guys want is if the faction barrier comes down somewhat and Blood Elves (and every other race) can group/guild with the Alliance/Horde, or even join it outright. If you throw in some blue eyes, it'll be no different from what the WC3R icons show, and you can always just make your own backstory. There's reason to change how the factions work based on the dwindling Alliance community for high level content, and it's becoming increasingly popular.

Side note: although the community manager restates what Ion says, you can't really expect him to release any other info through a ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandyCastro View Post
    Hi guys, I just got a reply from a CM about a ticket I had raised and remembered a little while ago a CM doubling down on Ion's statements regarding high elves caused a bit of a stir.

Well, this cm appears to have repeated that statement and I thought you guys might like to see.

Cheers.
    Well this is interesting. It reminds me of the CM communication ninthbelief posted here a few months back and which I have linked below

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...7#post51307837

What is interesting here is that yet again, as with the first CM response, they refer to the issue as having been ‘addressed’ which strongly implies there has been no shift in the behind the scenes mood music at Blizzard regarding this topic. I find this strongly indicative that anyone hoping for that 180 degree shift at Blizzcon where Ion comes out on stage and announces High Elf exiles are fated to be disappointed.

Secondly, the CM team is intimately familiar with the High Elf debate now. Some people seem to think that if Blizzard doesn’t comment on a topic, they have forgotten about it or are somehow ignorant of it. That is most definitely not the case. As the first image from ninthbelief showed, they mentioned the devs are clearly aware of the issue, but they themselves regard the topic as more or less ‘spam’. I can’t say I don’t sympathise, this entire debate is the same points reiterated by the same people endlessly recycled. The CMs must be heartily sick of this topic on the official forums. I suppose the CMs on this site are also heartily sick of it, but at least it is confined to one megathread now.

Why would Blizzard make a complete turn and announce high elves though? They have no reason to do that, since void elves were a success. I'm not sure why someone would hope that in the first place.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!