Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    no, I want those elves. Not the crappy "fix" of the VE. but if Blizzard truly is dumb enough to say "You can't have them because they look like BE!" then I'd prefer them to change their appearance slightly.
    So No, you don't want those elves, you want another kind of elf which is very different, as it has a different model.

If you want Silver Covenant/Highvale High elves in WoW, then you want these people:

Anything with a different posture is not a High elf unless stated so by Blizzard. Right now there are no High elves which have a different posture from Blood and Void elves.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-11-20 at 08:48 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    So No, you don't want those elves, you want another kind of elf which is very different, as it has a different model.

If you want Silver Covenant/Highvale High elves in WoW, then you want these people:

Anything with a different posture is not a High elf unless stated so by Blizzard. Right now there are no High elves which have a different posture from Blood and Void elves.
    But you can have a evolved high elf?
    Postures in game can be changed when they want, nothing forbids them, if they decide to give new postures, they will.
    If they decide to give silver covenant a new whole model, they will.

Just like they have done with a lot of other things. And just like they did with unplayable nightborne and playable nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Well, i can't have all the creativity in the world to think about that yet! xD But i can say there's many ways they could still be introduced. Variations of elves happened through centuries. What made the other ones change? Some because they didn't had their mana addiction (withered), for example, Everything and anything can cause them to change.

I can be open minded, instead of focusing on the lore all the time, can't i? Is it forbidden? xD
    Look, it's fine to suggest an idea, I am not arguing that. However, that alone doesn't build a strong case for others to be on board. Coming out and saying "What if X changed?" Well, then you got questions of how it would happen, why them, why would effect them and so on.

We have example of both instant changes and thousands of magical year evolutions. From Trolls to NE, and from there a myriad.

However, there isn't any examples of instant mutations, unless it is VE. And even with the small changes they have personally endured, they're no longer Blood Elves even though the changes are minor. Which then asks the question, "Would this change be enough to still be HE?" And that then starts building a case against your stance or idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    But you can have a evolved high elf?
    Postures in game can be changed when they want, nothing forbids them, if they decide to give new postures, they will.
    If they decide to give silver covenant a new whole model, they will.

Just like they have done with a lot of other things. And just like they did with unplayable nightborne and playable nightborne.
    Who's the evolved High elf, exactly?

There's no reason for the Silver Covenant elves to have a new model, or if they do get a new one, if they even become playable, then Blood elves and Void elves will also get that model, just like the Mag'har got the Orcs' upright posture.

As for playable Nightborne, they still have the same posture of Legion Nightborne, and their face is actually in higher resolution. The only difference lies solely in the shape of their eyes, which is explained by the fact that Legion Nightborne are NPCs, they don't have a vast amount of emotes, so they can have those eyes.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Look, it's fine to suggest an idea, I am not arguing that. However, that alone doesn't build a strong case for others to be on board. Coming out and saying "What if X changed?" Well, then you got questions of how it would happen, why them, why would effect them and so on.

We have example of both instant changes and thousands of magical year evolutions. From Trolls to NE, and from there a myriad.

However, there isn't any examples of instant mutations, unless it is VE. And even with the small changes they have personally endured, they're no longer Blood Elves even though the changes are minor. Which then asks the question, "Would this change be enough to still be HE?" And that then starts building a case against your stance or idea.
    It's fine to stand against my ideas or my suggestions, after all it's suggestions. And creativity running through my veins, and i'm sharing with "the world" (MMO champion in this case).

If there's something i'm not, is self centered. I can see other's stances, and prisms. I can see yours, and i still will be able to tell you mine.

Not arguing in a bad way at all. We are having a good discussion. Don't worry about it.

As i think the game has many loose ends about elves. And them being on the game as evolution kept going, and basically immortal, for thousand years, to me just gives me the idea, that the evolution is something still on the table, regardless of what idea they come up with to make that happen.

Why? Zandalari trolls have a different posture than Darkspear trolls. Kul Tiran humans have a different posture than Stormwind humans.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBajaBlaster View Post
    The reason people have an excuse to say this is because it is literally the lore of the warcraft universe. blood elves and high elves are literally the exact same thing. The high elves, after being exiled from Kalimdor by the night elves after the war of the ancients, literally renamed themselves the blood elves after arthas pillaged quel'thalas and desecrated the sunwell.

Let me state that again. The high elves renamed themselves blood elves during the events of warcraft three.

Every time I see you idiots post about wanting the high elves as a playable race and wanting the high elves to have different models than the blood elves, it makes me sick that people who think they know enough about the lore to distinguish blood elves from high elves actually don't know anything at all.

Ion even said himself in a Blizzcon panel (I believe, might have been Gamescom) that high elves would not be a playable race because the blood elves are the high elves.

They are not "similar." They are the same. The high elves BECAME the blood elves, through NOTHING MORE THAN RENAMING THEIR PEOPLE BY CHOICE.
    Blood Elves aren't HIGH ELVES anymore. How hard can it be for people like you to understand ?

Sheesh, and you're pretending to know the lore better than us ? That's just pathetic, really.
    Last edited by Manariel; 2019-11-20 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    Why? Zandalari trolls have a different posture than Darkspear trolls. Kul Tiran humans have a different posture than Stormwind humans.
    Zandalari trolls are the oldest and most regal of all trolls, often referred to as "the elves of trolldom" or something like that. Kul Tiran humans, as I explained before, have a different body shape due to the extreme conditions of their land, which is much more ruthless than southern Stormwind.

High elves? Explain to me, WITH A VALID JUSTIFICATION (so not headcanon, not a theory, something that exists already and has already been mentioned by Blizzard), why High elves should have a different posture.

5+ Year Old Account

-Oh so you want something different because you are suggesting changes? Aha!

-Well then, no changes.

-But they look the same they can't look the same because you already have it.

-No I don't 'already have it', but I can accept some changes to it.

-Aha! See? You don't want it because you want a different version of it!

-No, not really, I won't mind either way.

-So that's the thing, it's too similar then, I do not accept because it's the same thing!

-No it isn't the exact same thing, but it could be slightly differentiated.

-See? Then y-

And so on and so forth.

There is a point where 'reasons' become just a masquerade to hide what in reality is a simple dislike.

Don't like it? Good, it has been heard, but others like it, problem?

Who's the evolved High elf, exactly?

There's no reason for the Silver Covenant elves to have a new model, or if they do get a new one, if they even become playable, then Blood elves and Void elves will also get that model, just like the Mag'har got the Orcs' upright posture.

As for playable Nightborne, they still have the same posture of Legion Nightborne, and their face is actually in higher resolution. The only difference lies solely in the shape of their eyes, which is explained by the fact that Legion Nightborne are NPCs, they don't have a vast amount of emotes, so they can have those eyes.
    I can see your point in there, i myself said this too, because the existence of void elves, being a mix of both, would influence the blood elves to receive the same changes. You make good points there. I think mine personally are good too, but both evolve discussions regardless. Because of this: I think that if they stay how they are, they will always call Blood elves as High Elves. Therefore, no playable race, and if they receive a new story, new appearance, a continuation of them they also need to change blood elves, because and simply only the void elves atm. So either way, it's a dead end i guess?

It's really complex and can be simple at the same time. But i think many people, myself included would feel awkward seeing High Elves on Alliance, my opposed faction running around. At least to me, void elves even with changed skins was like, already making me confused sometimes. I swear. xD

I thought that void elves before came from just those exiled blood elves, then i discovered from someone they were actually a mix of both HE and BE.
    I thought that High Elves were a minority that survived. I see npcs everywhere and void elves everywhere, so i have learnt that high elves population is way bigger than what i thought it was.

And therefore, i started seeing slowly, why people want High Elves to be playable so bad. And trying to figure out a way of being added without complicating much, and trying to give a segment to it. If my statement fails in that, i cannot think about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Blood Elves aren't HIGH ELVES anymore. How hard can it be for people like you to understand ?

Sheesh, and you're pretending to know the lore better than us ? That's just pathetic, really.
    Regardless of what name you use to describe them, they're the same race. That's the point.

Zandalari trolls are the oldest and most regal of all trolls, often referred to as "the elves of trolldom" or something like that.
    What does that mean? Does that make you look different? Is that why Darkspear have a hunch? Cause they're not regal enough? The obvious answer is that Blizzard just wanted the Zandalari to look different when they designed them in MoP, because it makes them stand out.

Kul Tiran humans, as I explained before, have a different body shape due to the extreme conditions of their land, which is much more ruthless than southern Stormwind.
    Extreme conditions make you fat? How do you explain skinny Kul Tirans then? You find all shapes and sizes in Kul Tiras.

They made fat humans cause of players that wanted body diversity.

Stop coming up with nonsense reasons.

5+ Year Old Account
    That's no excuse for injecting bottox on their faces like that.

Eyebrows and mouth can also show a lot of emotions, and smaller eyes aren't emotionless either.

- - - Updated - - -

Zandalari trolls are the oldest and most regal of all trolls, often referred to as "the elves of trolldom" or something like that. Kul Tiran humans, as I explained before, have a different body shape due to the extreme conditions of their land, which is much more ruthless than southern Stormwind.
    What conditions? You can't explain it, there is no official explanation. They are just humans with a different body build because yes.

Yes, because yes.

High elves? Explain to me, WITH A VALID JUSTIFICATION (so not headcanon, not a theory, something that exists already and has already been mentioned by Blizzard), why High elves should have a different posture.
    Idk, differentiation?

I am not one pushing for a different model, but there is also nothing factual against modifying the model slightly or making a new model that copies most of the original features.

What does that mean? Does that make you look different? Is that why Darkspear have a hunch? Cause they're not regal enough? The obvious answer is that Blizzard just wanted the Zandalari to look different when they designed them in MoP, because it makes them stand out.

Extreme conditions make you fat? How do you explain skinny Kul Tirans then? You find all shapes and sizes in Kul Tiras.

No, the obvious answer is that the Zandalari are the oldest and most regal of trolls, which is the reason given by Blizzard. You don't have to like it for it to be canon.

Meanwhile there's no canon reason as to why High elves should look different.

And Kul Tirans are not fat, they are big-boned and bulk. The reason I gave you is the reason Blizzard gave at Blizzcon 2017 as to why Kul Tirans are more bulky. They live in a harsher land, so they have adapted to it. And indeed the majority of Kul Tirans who live in the wilderness, like the sea monster hunters or the druids, have the bulky model, as opposed to the Kul Tirans who live in a civilized context who are mostly normal.

These "nonsense reasons" are canon and official, deal with it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Regardless of what name you use to describe them, they're the same race. That's the point.
    They are not Blood elves, they are not on the Horde, they don't live in Silvermoon, they are not the same people.

You cannot play as a High elf in this game, regardless if Blood elves are High elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Mark my words, we will start to see these new human models in Stormwind and other human settlements aside from Kul'tiras.

We have already seen different shapes of humans in the game, and some that resembles these new ones apart from the 'worker' model.

In Northrend specifically, Borean Tundra, the Alliance base, we can see the Skinny human (even no female model), and two 'fat' humans, man and woman, all three in the same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    -Oh so you want something different because you are suggesting changes? Aha!

-Well then, no changes.

-But they look the same they can't look the same because you already have it.

-No I don't 'already have it', but I can accept some changes to it.

-Aha! See? You don't want it because you want a different version of it!

-No, not really, I won't mind either way.
    My head, it hurts, from reading that. xD

That reminds me of when people tries to explain their family tree by speaking like: My cousin's brother is the father of X that X is the sister of X her mother had another family and her other daughter happened to know my cousin and got into a relationship with him, not knowing they are related. Kind of stuff.

5+ Year Old Account
    These "nonsense reasons" are canon and official, deal with it.
    Where.

/10chars

@Aldo Hawk also sorry the other day i had a bit tantrum on you. I was stressed at work and kind of was a bit blind and without patience. About the "let my blood elves be blood elves and not make high elves at all" kind of thing. I wasn't even on a right condition to think, not even sure why i went on a argument feeling like that.

Anyhow. Glad you're out of banned as well. (I was too).

They are not Blood elves, they are not on the Horde, they don't live in Silvermoon, they are not the same people.

You cannot play as a High elf in this game, regardless if Blood elves are High elves.
    I never claimed they were. I was simply trying to do a TL; DR for that long post. They are the same RACE is all I said.

I don't disagree that the Thalassian elves who retained the High Elf name are not the same people/culture as Blood Elves, but to claim that all High Elves are one people is stretching it. Aside from the High Elves in The Silver Hand that reside in Dalaran, they're all scattered across the world with little to no contact from each other in self imposed exile from Quel'thalas, they're hardly a uniform, cohesive community.

That said, I can completely see how basing an Allied Race on the Silver Hand High Elves would make sense lore wise. But I agree with @Obelisk Kai on this, that based on previous statements from Blizzard and the inclusion of Void Elves, I just don't ever see it happening in-game for game play reasons. Would be pleasantly surprised if it did and I'm not opposed to the idea, I'm just saying I don't see it happening.

Mark my words, we will start to see these new human models in Stormwind and other human settlements aside from Kul'tiras.

We have already seen different shapes of humans in the game, and some that resembles these new ones apart from the 'worker' model.

In Northrend specifically, Borean Tundra, the Alliance base, we can see the Skinny human (even no female model), and two 'fat' humans, man and woman, all three in the same spot.
    Yeah I can believe that. Tundra even used to use some of the old beta models, so it makes sense. Funny that they went back there to update that.