3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswen View Post
    Oh dear, Alliance Ogres would be TBC all over again but in reverse, with oldschool Horde players asking why one of their iconic race is now in the opposition faction.
    Imagine this thread but in reverse, with thousand posts for years until Void Ogres get Stonemaul skins.

But nah, Ogres are a Horde staple and the devs wouldn't mess it up should they ever decide to add them in.
    if you want a fair skinned brutish beastman, the Alliance is there waiting for you

edit: Alliance eek
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-05-31 at 03:00 PM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Give a mouse a cookie

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'd like to see the Blood Elves get those runes like in that TBC box art.

For Void Elves, I guess those celtic-style Alleria type tattoos, yeah.
    I say both.

Give me light based tentacle hair

7+ Year Old Account
    Broken should not be just an option for draenei, they are cleatly another race/subrace all together

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    I do hope that blood elves keep their hair color and styles, as giving this to void elves would A) essentially take away the last unique aesthetics of the blood elves, and B) result in the void elves having access to pretty much most of the blood elf customizations PLUS their own void customizations.. which imo would be ridiculous and a big slap in the face to the blood elf race. I think Blizzard should keep to the darker hair colors of void elves to offer a level of distinction and stay true to the theme of the race (a theme of the void). Also, anyone advocating for void elf paladins will see me come in to advocate the opposite. Why? Not to be petty or to prevent someone from getting something for the sake of it, but to preserve an important part of the game... the lore. If we throw lore out the window then we might as well just scrap any immersion the game offers and just make it one big free for all (like most other MMOs).
    There is already people in the official forums spamming that void elves should get, literally, all blood elf customization options, should also get their racials or new ones or disable theirs, that they should also get the paladin class and of course their names be changed from void elf to high elf in everything

you give an inch they want a mile, is how they say?

I do wonder if we will se "Void paladins" anounced the...8th?
    Just a pala with purple slapped over it. I would be so all over it.

And if so, I wonder what the horde will get in return?
    Belf druids? Belf shaman? Zandalari warlock?

At least im hoping for void elf paladins

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    I do wonder if we will se "Void paladins" anounced the...8th?
    Just a pala with purple slapped over it. I would be so all over it.

And if so, I wonder what the horde will get in return?
    Belf druids? Belf shaman? Zandalari warlock?

At least im hoping for void elf paladins
    They're going to turn it into a "Silver Covenant Paladin seeks to harness the void as an alternative magic source since they're kill on sight by the Blood Knights and Sunreavers"

Zandalari Warlock, why not?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    That cut is a cut so indeed i would not pay attention to that. The sentence he said is in my ( and several other people back then on the forums) eyes him saying you want high elves...thats what high elves are...just a skin/eye color.
    Well, considering that he flat out said next after that sentence that they are not planning to add High Elves, you and several other people back then on forums are just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    I mean, I don't know if it's because they made it too simple, cheap and plain, but it's kinda implied that the new Death Knights exist as willing individuals that chosen to become one.

Not saying that I like that, but that it seems to be the case...

Yeah, it makes sense that a Lich King creates Death Knights, but these ones don't seem to be the same kind of fallen heroes that the Arthas Death Knights were unwillingly transformed into, but more in the likes of individuals chosing it...
    Whether they're willing or not, it's he who raises them because he has the power to do that. That's my only point, specifically in comparison to Demon Hunters and their creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Zandalari Warlock, why not?
    Zandalari Warlock should be in instead of zandalari monk...
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

There is already people in the official forums spamming that void elves should get, literally, all blood elf customization options, should also get their racials or new ones or disable theirs, that they should also get the paladin class and of course their names be changed from void elf to high elf in everything

Yeah, pretty greedy in my opinion. And I mean, If you wanna play a literal Blood Elf (green eyes, blonde hair and same hairstyles), why don't you play one in the Horde? It would be easier for Blizzard to remove the factions or to give the chance to play every race in the opposite faction, would make more sense.

And about Void Elves paladins... makes no sense at all... but well, damn lore already, right? If they ever give Void Elves the option to be paladin I except everyone gets paladins, and druids and so on. Orc and Dwarf druids would make a lot more of sense, for example.

Regarding the hair colors, the Velf could have the same hair colors as the Belf but with different shades.
    Blizzard has already done this with SW / KT humans who are also of the same race.

Eventhough void elf gained high elf eyes and belf skin colours they would still be void elves as they have their void themed racial and similiar case would be alleria who is descriped in shadows rising a void elf, void elf starting quest alleria calls player and herself a void elf and 7.3 datamined string calls her a void elf meaning closest thing to a high elf is belf with blue eyes.

I'm against pulling anything more from the blood elves. From now on, blood and void elves should be get different things. You can have colors that feel different yet similar, but wildly different styles. ALso, I think void elf options should aim to fit with the original skins.

Like I posted elsewhere (and more than once):
    - Hair colors like: Black, white, silver-blue, dark red, bege, dual color (black/red, blue/blonde)
    - New hair styles, with option to toggle between tendrils or braids, so you can select traditional or voidy look.
    - Celtic-like markings with cool colors like blue, violet, magenta, or voidy in nature.

Art example of hair with braids in place of tendrils, as well as blue markings:
    Whatever...

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Might be my new look in Shadowlands (loaded this in the BFA dressing room, as the guantlets are bugged in the beta version)

same energy

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

It's really funny seeing some of the salty posts on the official forums. People are even using the notion that since High Elves were granted then 'well let's just ask for anything we want !' and are making some ridiculous requests like dual wielding sharks like that Ogre boss in Freehold!

I fucken love it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    same energy

Alas, this is not a model. Nice try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I'm against pulling anything more from the blood elves. From now on, blood and void elves should be get different things. You can have colors that feel different yet similar, but wildly different styles. ALso, I think void elf options should aim to fit with the original skins.

Like I posted elsewhere (and more than once):
    - Hair colors like: Black, white, silver-blue, dark red, bege, dual color (black/red, blue/blonde)
    - New hair styles, with option to toggle between tendrils or braids, so you can select traditional or voidy look.
    - Celtic-like markings with cool colors like blue, violet, magenta, or voidy in nature.

Art example of hair with braids in place of tendrils, as well as blue markings:
    I hope both factions will get these at some point.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Alas, this is not a model. Nice try..
    of course; I just shoved Thalorien's head to Dagren. Though it wouldn't be hard to do this, I think use Thalorien's body and undermail as the base insert Dagren's armor and weapons and then Thalorien's head and probably his Thalassian shoulderpads

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Yeah, pretty greedy in my opinion. And I mean, If you wanna play a literal Blood Elf (green eyes, blonde hair and same hairstyles), why don't you play one in the Horde? It would be easier for Blizzard to remove the factions or to give the chance to play every race in the opposite faction, would make more sense.

And about Void Elves paladins... makes no sense at all... but well, damn lore already, right? If they ever give Void Elves the option to be paladin I except everyone gets paladins, and druids and so on. Orc and Dwarf druids would make a lot more of sense, for example.
    That's what Blizzard said when they approved Lightforged DK and Wildhammer Warlocks, "damn the lore". So yeah, bring on void elf paladins.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That's what Blizzard said when they approved Lightforged DK and Wildhammer Warlocks, "damn the lore". So yeah, bring on void elf paladins.
    I read an interesting lore rationale for Void Elf Paladins (or Void Knights if you prefer). Basically put, the organization of VE Paladins are those Void Elves who feel their transformation by Durzaan has made them monsters, and sought an infusion of the Light as a "cure" for their condition. The infusion was surprisingly successful, but it did not fix the condition of being tainted by the Void - and now the Light and Void exist at once within them, causing violent feedback loops that are exceedingly painful when these Paladins channel their light abilities. A beneficial side-effect, however, is that the surges of pain also blanket out the cacophony of the Void and make the voice of the Light all the more clarion. The Void Knights embrace their self-sacrifice to show that the ren'dorei are not lost to the Void, and that even when shrouded by the Void's touch can still reach out to embrace the Light.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I read an interesting lore rationale for Void Elf Paladins (or Void Knights if you prefer). Basically put, the organization of VE Paladins are those Void Elves who feel their transformation by Durzaan has made them monsters, and sought an infusion of the Light as a "cure" for their condition. The infusion was surprisingly successful, but it did not fix the condition of being tainted by the Void - and now the Light and Void exist at once within them, causing violent feedback loops that are exceedingly painful when these Paladins channel their light abilities. A beneficial side-effect, however, is that the surges of pain also blanket out the cacophony of the Void and make the voice of the Light all the more clarion. The Void Knights embrace their self-sacrifice to show that the ren'dorei are not lost to the Void, and that even when shrouded by the Void's touch can still reach out to embrace the Light.
    I had a similar idea on how Void paladins would work. They would be the plate wearing version of Discipline priests - particularly Forsaken priests who balance light and shadow magic in the Cult of Forgotten Shadows. They'd be a new paladin organization (or not even paladins, just using the class that best represents them, like Sun Druids), of former High/Belf paladins who want a new denomination so to speak. And it fits the velf/belf theme of researching potentially dangerous or taboo magic for the greater good.

How about we don't give void elves everything that blood elves have including class combos that require the sunwell?
    Unless blood elves are getting light tentacles for hair and other unnatural colors.

This is really a case of giving a mouse a cookie.
    Why would anyone play a blood elf if void elves offer much more?