Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    void elves got customization.
    But as I said, it's all texture work; if AR get customization, they would also get new geometry (jewelry, hairstyles, etc) so to single out VE's out of that, because they already have textures, seems unreasonable and illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I never understood the complaint about the lack of "background" for the Void elves, and I never will, because it doesn't make sense.
    Let's look at all the other races that were introduced into the game prior to BfA, shall we?

• Blood elves: two whole zones with a storyline that shows how they're struggling to live on after the destruction of the Sunwell, and fighting to control the Ghostlands to show the Horde their worth.
    • Draenei: two whole zones with a storyline that shows how they're basically derelict in an unknown world, working to fix the problems caused by their crashed ship in the isles and showing to the Alliance they're not the demons they initially were thought to be.
    • Goblins: two whole zones with a storyline that shows the race's fall from glory by a rampaging Deathwing, then having to survive in an unknown isle while fighting against a tyrant.
    • Worgen: two whole zones with a storyline that shows the humans from Gilneas facing an infestation of worgen, with many of their citizens falling prey to the curse, later having their minds restored but still struggle with the beast within.

Now let's take a look at some of the races introduced in BfA, but before they were made playable:

• Highmountain Tauren: An entire full zone with main story arcs and side-story arcs dedicated to the race during the Legion expansion.
    • Nigthborne: An entire full zone with main story arcs, side-stories and a raid during the Legion expansion.
    • Lightforged draenei: Minor support characters during the Argus questlines.
    • Mag'har: The entire half of the WoD expansion was centered around the mag'har orcs, and as a Horde, your whole Garrison was mag'har lore.
    • Dark Iron: Existed since vanilla WoW, and introduced into the Alliance during the Cataclysm expansion.
    • Zandalari: you follow their storyline in three zones, helping them rebuild their kingdom and fight a war.
    • Kul'tirans: you follow their storyline in three zones, helping them rebuild their kingdom and fight a war.

And now let's look at void elves:

• Void elves: literally did not exist before being made playable.

Do you get it now why people complain about the VE's lack of background?

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But as I said, it's all texture work; if AR get customization, they would also get new geometry (jewelry, hairstyles, etc) so to single out VE's out of that, because they already have textures, seems unreasonable and illogical.
    by that logic blood elves would have to get something too.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

3+ Year Old Account
    yup! and we need more things for BE to make them stand out from VEs

imo the fair skin is already enough for VEs, let the BEs keep their blonde hair
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post

Tattoos for blood elves

i think allied races probably might get more customization but i dont think Void elves will.
    I'm fairly certain Void Elves will get more customization options when allied races get their pass.

Here's what I expect:

* The same ear size options Blood Elves have.
    * A few "new" hairstyles... and by "new" I mean modified versions of existing hairstyles from other races ported to Void Elves. I do not expect them to be ports of Blood Elf hairstyles though.
    * Additional hair colors... black and white at the very least. I do not expect Void Elves to get the exact same hair colors as Blood Elves.

Here's what I'd like to see added:

* A toggle for the hair tentacles so they work the same as the Night Elf hair vines. This would essentially "add" hairstyle options to Void Elves by allowing all hairstyles to have tentacles or not as the player desires.
    * A few color variants of the hair tentacle glows. The Night Elf hair vines have a few color options, so it stands to reason that the same could happen for the glowy hair tentacles of Void Elves. In particular I'd like purple like the new purple eyes, and a blue-black that matches the heritage wings.
    * A blue-black void energy eye color option that matches the heritage wings.

I'd also like to see all race females get make up options like Human females got and all race males have separate facial hair options where applicable. I feel all races of both sexes should have jewelry, scar, and tattoo options.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-01-05 at 05:09 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'm fairly certain Void Elves will get more customization options when allied races get their pass.

Here's what I expect:

* The same ear size options Blood Elves have.
    * A few "new" hairstyles... and by "new" I mean modified versions of existing hairstyles from other races ported to Void Elves. I do not expect them to be ports of Blood Elf hairstyles though.
    * Additional hair colors... black and white at the very least. I do not expect Void Elves to get the exact same hair colors as Blood Elves.

Here's what I'd like to see added:

* A toggle for the hair tentacles so they work the same as the Night Elf hair vines. This would essentially "add" hairstyle options to Void Elves by allowing all hairstyles to have tentacles or not as the player desires.
    * A few color variants of the hair tentacle glows. The Night Elf hair vines have a few color options, so it stands to reason that the same could happen for the glowy hair tentacles of Void Elves. In particular I'd like purple like the new purple eyes, and a blue-black that matches the heritage wings.
    * A blue-black void energy eye color option that matches the heritage wings.

I'd also like to see all race females get make up options like Human females got and all race males have separate facial hair options where applicable. I feel all races of both sexes should have jewelry, scar, and tattoo options.
    I would say these are fair options, preserving blood elves, but give void elves enough other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I would say these are fair options, preserving blood elves, but give void elves enough other things.
    Precisely. I don't want to see Void Elves just get hand-me-downs from Blood Elves. Both Blood and Void Elves deserve to have their own options. They might have some similar options between them (some current Void Elf hairstyles are variants of existing Blood Elf styles), but I'd like to see more unique options for each.

And while Void Elves got to jump the line and get some of their customization early, to be fair, they weren't the only allied race to get additional customization at Shadowlands launch. Even so, I find it unlikely that Void Elves would get nothing more than they currently have when allied races get their customization pass, though they may be the last of the allied races to get their pass since they got some love early. I want to believe that the Nightborne will be the first allied race to get a comprehensive customization pass because goodness knows they need it!
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-01-05 at 02:36 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Precisely. I don't want to see Void Elves just get hand-me-downs from Blood Elves. Both Blood and Void Elves deserve to have their own options. They might have some similar options between them (some current Void Elf hairstyles are variants of existing Blood Elf styles), but I'd like to see more unique options for each.

And while Void Elves got to jump the line and get some of their customization early, to be fair, they weren't the only allied race to get additional customization at Shadowlands launch. Even so, I find it unlikely that Void Elves would get nothing more than they currently have when allied races get their customization pass, though they may be the last of the allied races to get their pass since they got some love early. I want to believe that the Nightborne will be the first allied race to get a comprehensive customization pass because goodness knows they need it!
    I have been saying this forever and its great to see some one cares for preserving excisting races. This could easily be fixed by giving like you said slighty different hair colors instead of just taking what is already there.

People will moan untill they get literal blood elves on the other side. They got the skin and eye color, but obviously that isnt enough. -.-

Your options preserve whats already there and I can only respect that. There is no need to step pn blood elf toes, when there are still white and black hair colors that fit the void elves much better.

You would have to be out of touch with reality to think that the most played allied race wouldn't get additional customization options.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I have been saying this forever and its great to see some one cares for preserving excisting races. This could easily be fixed by giving like you said slighty different hair colors instead of just taking what is already there.

People will moan untill they get literal blood elves on the other side. They got the skin and eye color, but obviously that isnt enough. -.-

Your options preserve whats already there and I can only respect that. There is no need to step pn blood elf toes, when there are still white and black hair colors that fit the void elves much better.
    As far as hair colors go, Void Elves don't need much I think. I've shared this before, but it was something that was posted on the official forums that I think would basically answer most hair color requests for Void Elves, without just copying them from Blood Elves.

Yes, there's a shade of blonde there, but it's less Marilyn Monroe and more Everyday Joe. It's a darker beige rather than the sunny yellow platinum blondes of Blood Elves, and has a bit of an Ombré effect as it gets darker at the ends. The brown is dark and fairly plain but, along with the beige, I think they'd mollify the High Elf-stans as far as hair color goes. The Black and White are obvious choices that Void Elves should have had from the get go, and I doubt anyone would complain about an icy blue hair color as a Void Elf option. It answers requests for hair colors but still keeps them unique.

I do think Blood Elves need more options though. They didn't get nearly as comprehensive a pass as Humans and Night Elves did in my opinion. I also think it would be fair for Blood Elves to get some variants of Void Elf hairstyles like the one in my avatar since that's very popular. As a variant it could be smoother, with less curling, and/or mirrored so the drape of hair is over the other eye. There's lots of possibilities.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-01-05 at 04:43 PM.

Why? Seriously walk me through your logic here.

Like my point is that ALL Core races got new geometry (hairstyles and jewelry and ears and the like) If AR get updated, they also SHOULD get such new geometry.

Hence, Void Elves would ALSO get new geometry, even if they might not get new texture work given they already use a lot BE skins.

But even then, so far every race has gotten new hair colors, so if AR get those, SO SHOULD VE's, right?

How can people get to be so anti VE/HE they start to dismiss simple logic is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

I do think Blood Elves need more options though. They didn't get nearly as comprehensive a pass as Humans and Night Elves did in my opinion. I also think it would be fair for Blood Elves to get some variants of Void Elf hairstyles like the one in my avatar since that's very popular. As a variant it could be smoother, with less curling, and/or mirrored so the drape of hair is over the other eye. There's lots of possibilities.
    I do think it's an interesting questing if Core Races that have AR will get some new stuff based on possible new AR customization; if so, nothing mayor, but it does feel like some assets would be easy to share since the UV mapping is close. For example, if LFD get more tattoos, we could see some on regular Draenei.

Basically the complement to the possibility of AR getting some stuff from their core races, like hairstyles and jewelry or tattoos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post

Whether Blood Elves should get more customization is immaterial to the concept that if all AR get updated customization options like the Core Races, so would Void Elves.

Like sure, you don't want Void Elves to resemble BE's any further, that's up to you, but why start to throw logic out of the window?

Why? Seriously walk me through your logic here.

Like my point is that ALL Core races got new geometry (hairstyles and jewelry and ears and the like) If AR get updated, they also SHOULD get such new geometry.

Hence, Void Elves would ALSO get new geometry, even if they might not get new texture work given they already use a lot BE skins.

But even then, so far every race has gotten new hair colors, so if AR get those, SO SHOULD VE's, right?

How can people get to be so anti VE/HE they start to dismiss simple logic is beyond me.
    why should void elves get a second round of customization when no other race will?
    if void elves get a second one so should blood elves.

why should void elves get a second round of customization when no other race will?
    Literally I said "if all other AR get expanded customization" so what is even this point?

Why?? Seriously, all this tells me is that you ACTUALLY believe VE's getting to use BE skin tones means they got their customization already, which is laughable.

If you are so hung up on balance, all BE's should get are VE Textures, like skin, and let's even say hair.

Because otherwise, you would be comparing VE's getting reused assets from BE's to BE's getting new stuff because VE's are also getting new stuff... despite BE's already getting their new stuff.

Like are you for real that uncognizant of your own bias?

Literally I said "if all other AR get expanded customization" so what is even this point?

Why?? Seriously, all this tells me is that you ACTUALLY believe VE's getting to use BE skin tones means they got their customization already, which is laughable.

If you are so hung up on balance, all BE's should get are VE Textures, like skin, and let's even say hair.

Because otherwise, you would be comparing VE's getting reused assets from BE's to BE's getting new stuff because VE's are also getting new stuff... despite BE's already getting their new stuff.

Like are you for real that uncognizant of your own bias?
    i read enough. you just want void elves to be the special children that get more than any other race.
    they dont need a second round a customization.

Void Elves didn't get a first round... at least not more of a "first round" than Mechagnomes did. Many allied races got eye options. Some got facial hair options. Mechangomes got skin tone options. We also don't know if other races will be revisited for more customization. I do think Blood Elves and other core races that weren't given as comprehensive a customization pass should get a second pass, and I would not be surprised if the core races that are lacking get a second pass before, or at the same time as, allied races.

I would expect that Void Elves won't get all that much in their pass since they already got the skin tones. But skin tones are not enough to call a full customization pass either. As I said earlier, I'd expect Void Elves to get ear size options, at least black and white hair colors, and maybe a few ported hairstyles from races other than Blood Elves. If they get anything else beyond that it's basically just gravy.

Only WoW players could ever complain and whine about something as harmless and objectively good as more customization options to express the fantasy of your character.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

i read enough. you just want void elves to be the special children that get more than any other race.
    they dont need a second round a customization.
    Honestly you are really just reading what you want to read, it's tiring.

You literally want VE's to not get any new hairstyles or "jewelry", and I am the one biased towards VE's? The level of delusion.

Blood Elves don't need anything. They already received the blue and purple eye colors that were originally unique to Void Elves. Even if the shade or irises are different, those colors were never available to Blood Elves before. This was the "trade" for skin tones. The slate was wiped clean, and Blood Elves already received their unique customization pass. It's the Void Elves' turn now.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Blood Elves don't need anything. They already received the blue and purple eye colors that were originally unique to Void Elves. Even if the shade or irises are different, those colors were never available to Blood Elves before. This was the "trade" for skin tones. The slate was wiped clean, and Blood Elves already received their unique customization pass. It's the Void Elves' turn now.
    I'm not sure I'd agree entirely with your assessment. Compared to Humans and Night Elves (among other core races), Blood Elves didn't get as comprehensive a customization pass. Eye colors aside, Blood Elves got 4 skin tones, 2 ear sizes, 3 hair styles (not counting bald) for males & females, 3 hair colors, 3 facial hairs for males, and a bunch of jewelry for females.

Now compare that to Night Elves who got: 4 skin tones (i think), 4 hairstyles for males (not counting bald), 5 (or 6 I'm a bit unsure) hairstyles for females, hair vines with 5 color options, side burns, mustache, and beard as individual options for the males, eyebrows as their own option for male & female, 4 ear sizes, 5 scars, 5 tattoos for males, a blindfold option for males, a variety of jewelry for females, and females also had the color of their facial markings separated from their skin color.

Blood Elves aren't the only core race to be short changed compared to Humans and Night Elves, but they are the ones that immediately come to my mind. Blood Elves should have gotten scars and tattoos as options. They should have gotten eyebrow options, The males should have had their mustaches and beards as individual options. The hairstyles with adornments like circlets or tiaras should have had those adornments as separate options from the hairstyle. And a popular ask for Blood Elves was the Dark Ranger/San'layn skin and eyes, yet that request fell on deaf ears.

Don't get me wrong, you can see from my previous posts that there's a lot I want for Void Elves too, but I also play Blood Elves (among other races) and I'm not going to put on blinders when I see some core races getting a less comprehensive customization pass than others.