Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Don't care, until Void Elfs have class parity with Belfs they are nothing more than an inferior option, they are the paupers of the elven world.

Unless you like playing a human paladin ...humans are nothing more than intelligent apes .. filthy beasts.

So ill stick with Blood Elves as my goto High Elf race.
    If you care nothing for the lore or context behind High Elves, then Blood Elves should be perfect for you already, so why do you even want HE paladins? You obviously have little love for humans, so why would you even care about being alliance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogboi10 View Post
    Tauren Paladins weren't iconic either and here we are. At this point I think fanservicing elf paladins to the alliance is not something that lore can avoid.
    The point is that HE fantasy is not being under-represented by not having paladins, they aren't missing any of their identity by not being paladins.

There's a big difference between "this race feels incomplete without X class/role" and "it would be neat this race had X class." I don't think anyone in here is against VE/HE paladins outright, it's the narrative that HE's "need" paladins to be complete that is just innaccurate.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogboi10 View Post
    Tauren Paladins weren't iconic either and here we are. At this point I think fanservicing elf paladins to the alliance is not something that lore can avoid.
    Tauren paladin still arent iconic, not a reason to throw that to the void elves. Next to that it doesnt realy fit them and tbh there are only few barriers left vs blood elves, lets be carefull here shall we.

I think we are fine the way we are currently.

If Void Elves get paladins, they should be void-using paladins. That could even be the first class skin!

All races should be all non-hero classes.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    If Void Elves get paladins, they should be void-using paladins. That could even be the first class skin!
    Yeah, it makes no sense for Void Elves to canonically weild the light. So if Paladin ever becomes a new option, it has to be through some sort of class skin, or an overhaul of the Paladin archetype, such as reframing it as a holy warrior based on what that race deems sacred.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    All races should be all non-hero classes.
    Ostensibly, I agree. The problem is that currently, some race/class combos are anathema to to certain races, so barring a complete gameplay and lore segregation, some sort of reframing of the class archetypes, or class skins that use an already existing gameplay to represent a new fantasy, are needed.

Class Skins could have a lot of potential IMO.

I think nightmare druid is perfect for void elves

Why is this thread still going considering High Elves were delivered twice over to both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Why is this thread still going considering High Elves were delivered twice over to both factions.
    Because there's no much else to do around here man, come on let us talk about inane stuff lmao

But for real, this is the High Elf thread, where we talk about... high elves. Not because they are playable it will mean we will stop talking about them and what my come their way going forward, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    snip
    The Darkfallen/San'layn were members of the Scourge and were pretty much wiped out by the events of BFA. Dark Rangers were Blood and Night Elves...so I supposed you want Night Elf skins as well? Blood Elves already have some of the most customization short of humans...how about a little for some of the others? Nightborne don't even have a ear length option...

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Yeah, it makes no sense for Void Elves to canonically weild the light. So if Paladin ever becomes a new option, it has to be through some sort of class skin, or an overhaul of the Paladin archetype, such as reframing it as a holy warrior based on what that race deems sacred.
    Paladins of the light are not necessary for the Void Elf/High Elf experience imo. But think how awesome it would be if we could play one of these guys:

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    The Darkfallen/San'layn were members of the Scourge and were pretty much wiped out by the events of BFA. Dark Rangers were Blood and Night Elves...so I supposed you want Night Elf skins as well? Blood Elves already have some of the most customization short of humans...how about a little for some of the others? Nightborne don't even have a ear length option...
    That's not really accurate; blood elves are on the low side when it comes to customization options, specially in terms of categories, with males even having the bare minimum (skin, hair and eye color, and now ear lenght) Pretty much every other race has more categories than BE's, only thing they have over the average is hair colors.

The argument of "well this race already has lots of customizations so others should get it first" is already not a good one when the race is just falling behind compared to newer iterations, but BE's don't even have more permutations than most races.

As for specifically San'layn, considering vampirism is an undeath curse, and thus, transmisible, and given the fact that the same customizations could serve to represent the already potentially considerably undead elf population, it would be a good customization option for BE's, in the same way Wildhammer were for Dwarves, and High Elves for void elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Paladins of the light are not necessary for the Void Elf/High Elf experience imo. But think how awesome it would be if we could play one of these guys:
    Oh indeed. With more customization options such as the Incubus grimoire, I really hope we see class skins; even something as basic as the equivalent of the green fire for warlocks could work (making the paladin spells void based, and thus purple) for the fantasy, but I would love a deeper class skin rework with spell names, icons, and maybe even school type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    That's not really accurate; blood elves are on the low side when it comes to customization options, specially in terms of categories, with males even having the bare minimum (skin, hair and eye color, and now ear lenght) Pretty much every other race has more categories than BE's, only thing they have over the average is hair colors.

The argument of "well this race already has lots of customizations so others should get it first" is already not a good one when the race is just falling behind compared to newer iterations, but BE's don't even have more permutations than most races.

As for specifically San'layn, considering vampirism is an undeath curse, and thus, transmisible, and given the fact that the same customizations could serve to represent the already potentially considerably undead elf population, it would be a good customization option for BE's, in the same way Wildhammer were for Dwarves, and High Elves for void elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh indeed. With more customization options such as the Incubus grimoire, I really hope we see class skins; even something as basic as the equivalent of the green fire for warlocks could work (making the paladin spells void based, and thus purple) for the fantasy, but I would love a deeper class skin rework with spell names, icons, and maybe even school type.
    I mean yeah you're right...if you're gonna lie about and ignore other races that have lower amounts of customization

All of the San'layn were killed, why would someone create new San'layn? Just to fit the rp fantasy of a handful of people? You want to RP a evil species do what everyone else does...make a myrp profile and go to town. I don't think there are a lot of half worgen half vrykul in existence

I mean yeah you're right...if you're gonna lie about and ignore other races that have lower amounts of customization
    I pointed out it was about customization categories. Blood Elf males have the second lowest amount of customization categories a race can get, only Worgen have one less. Blood Elves get a lot of inflation because of hair colors, styles and skin tones, but with fewer categories there isn't as much of a striking contrast as other races with more categories get. Like VE's now have a lot of contrast with their options.

All of the San'layn were killed, why would someone create new San'layn? Just to fit the rp fantasy of a handful of people? You want to RP a evil species do what everyone else does...make a myrp profile and go to town. I don't think there are a lot of half worgen half vrykul in existence
    "all of the san'layn were killed" No, that's just your speculation. It's literally a blood transmitted undeath curse, how hard do you think it would be to make more? We literally see that vampirism is transmitted via blood like the worgen curse.

And again, the same options would serve to both encapsulate san'layn and undead elves in the same way high elves are playable through VE options. You really don't have a logical argument against.

actually there are also vampyr humans so it could also be a customization option for humans, it would have the same logic as with the sanlayn.

San'layn could also be added for the void elves after all most of the undead elves were originally high elves if some are still alive and stop being minions of the jailer they could join the void elves and fight for the alliance. after all void elves live in a society infused by dark powers and use those powers to create undeads as we saw in zandalar. the blood elves live in a society infused by light that harms the undeads

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    this thread for all things High Elves, not just customization theorycrafting

you could ask "lore" questions about High Elves here: such as, why did the High Elf diaspora in Stormwind didn't even bother reaching out to their Blood Elven kin in Quel'thalas or ask Bolvar/Varian for help? why wasn't the Silver Covenant held accountable for their atrocities in Dalaran? why didn't the Alliance High Elves simply just become neutral like the Kirin Tor/Argent Crusade High Elves if they didn't want to fight the Alliance instead of joining the enemies of the Blood Elves? why the Alliance High Elves still lay claim to Quel'thalas and are entitled to it when they have done almost nothing to restore it? does Alleria also lead the Alliance High Elves in the 7th Legion and is she also their de-facto racial leader? and so on
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post

you could ask "lore" questions about High Elves here: such as, why did the High Elf diaspora in Stormwind didn't even bother reaching out to their Blood Elven kin in Quel'thalas or ask Bolvar/Varian for help? why wasn't the Silver Covenant held accountable for their atrocities in Dalaran? why didn't the Alliance High Elves simply just become neutral like the Kirin Tor/Argent Crusade High Elves if they didn't want to fight the Alliance instead of joining the enemies of the Blood Elves? why the Alliance High Elves still lay claim to Quel'thalas and are entitled to it when they have done almost nothing to restore it? does Alleria also lead the Alliance High Elves in the 7th Legion and is she also their de-facto racial leader? and so on
    If you channeled even half of your passion for High Elves into actual real political science or international relations these efforts would translate into a masters degree.

you could ask "lore" questions about High Elves here: such as, why did the High Elf diaspora in Stormwind didn't even bother reaching out to their Blood Elven kin in Quel'thalas or ask Bolvar/Varian for help?
    Blizzard didn't care to develop them, focusing mainly on the horde side of the race which makes sense as they aren't playable, but then they are part of the racial story of the blood elves..so...it shoudl have been updated. but now the Thalassians are playable on the alliance, they should fill in the gaps as part oof the void elf story, and develop the blood elves apart.

why wasn't the Silver Covenant held accountable for their atrocities in Dalaran? why didn't the Alliance High Elves simply just become neutral like the Kirin Tor/Argent Crusade High Elves if they didn't want to fight the Alliance instead of joining the enemies of the Blood Elves? why the Alliance High Elves still lay claim to Quel'thalas and are entitled to it when they have done almost nothing to restore it? does Alleria also lead the Alliance High Elves in the 7th Legion and is she also their de-facto racial leader? and so on
    Maybe the Silver Covenant had some fall out- again, it's just no t covered. like 10001 things that aren't updated with new lore.. don't you know this?

Also we all know high elves view the situation differently, and to them, it's those who chose to be blood elves that lost their mind, they expect the blood elves to join them, not the other way round. They can expect all they want off course, it's not going to happen.

I would like to see high elf developments amongst the blood elves too. I'm of the opinion the horde blood elves should start claiming back some of the high elf name too..even if it's just a small bunch of high elves okay with the blood elves being on the horde and wanting to reconnect but refusing to adopt the new ways or seeking to fully turn them aside, either way, if they are an official part of the blood elves too, it would help fans realise that the blood elves are the high elves too. And yes you can play as one from the horde faction blood elf race too.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-12-03 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Maybe the Silver Covenant had some fall out- again, it's just no t covered. like 10001 things that aren't updated with new lore.. don't you know this?

Also we all know high elves view the situation differently, and to them, it's those who chose to be blood elves that lost their mind, they expect the blood elves to join them, not the other way round. They can expect all they want off course, it's not going to happen.

I would like to see high elf developments amongst the blood elves too. I'm of the opinion the horde blood elves should start claiming back some of the high elf name too..even if it's just a small bunch of high elves okay with the blood elves being on the horde and wanting to reconnect but refusing to adopt the new ways or seeking to fully turn them aside, either way, if they are an official part of the blood elves too, it would help fans realise that the blood elves are the high elves too. And yes you can play as one from the horde faction blood elf race too.
    I don't remember writing what you just quoted.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I don't remember writing what you just quoted.
    he probably was going to quote you something else and pasted my quote on yours by mistake

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    well blood elves are high elves, and they take the name in honor of the fallen high elves; if anything they would see insisting on retaining the high elf brand and refusing to take the blood elf name as extremely disrespectful since its like disrespecting and disregarding the fallen high elves who sacrificed their lives
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

well blood elves are high elves, and they take the name in honor of the fallen high elves; if anything they would see insisting on retaining the high elf brand and refusing to take the blood elf name as extremely disrespectful since its like disrespecting and disregarding the fallen high elves who sacrificed their lives
    Yeah that's something I don't think Blood Elves would be too keen in accepting, Silvermoon aligned elves going by the name "High Elf". I think it's very poignant how even self denomination separates them, as it speaks of what values and ideologies they support.

Overall, I do think Blood Elves would see anyone labeled as a High Elf that claimed to be on their side with reticence. You're joining us but you don't want to be seen as us? Do you not share our ideals? At best, there would be some resentment towards those High Elves for sitting idly while the BE's were at the brink of extinction.

IMO, It's hard to not see a BE being distrustful of a HE that claims to be on their side, but doesn't take the name, because it's literally to honor their fallen. So you either do not care to do that, or you don't want to be seen as a BE, which could be construed as disrespectful.

I think that would be the general attitude, and while I do believe it could be possible for a High Elf to be horde aligned, and Silvermoon aligned, I do think it could end up as some sort of self imposed social segregation.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2021-12-03 at 09:11 PM.