Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What has MW2 pre-order to do with Dragonflight though?
    Business stuff.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    So far this week we had a PTR build show up and then get added to the Retail Build and now we got this:

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/15...642561/photo/1

Today is MW2 Preorder day, it is only a matter of time before Dragonflight preorders go live whether its this week or the next few weeks. Things are moving at rapid speed.
    The PTR/Retail builds had nothing to do with pre-order, fwiw.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    The PTR/Retail builds had nothing to do with pre-order, fwiw.
    Its called speculation, but thanks for getting your cheap got'chas'.

Also again, this is such a ridiculous statement based on the modified file changes. But, anyways have at it.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Its called speculation, but thanks for getting your cheap got'chas'.
    Sure, feel free to speculate but implicating something where there's absolutely no basis in truth still deserves getting called out.

1+ Year Old Account
    Sure, feel free to speculate but implicating something where there's absolutely no basis in truth still deserves getting called out.
    I mean I am not doing that and have never intended that. I don't know why everyone continuously thinks that everything I write isn't speculation when I am in the speculation thread but for some reason I have to restate that for the record that I am speculating in the speculation thread.

Nihil.

Also again, this is such a ridiculous statement based on the modified file changes. But, anyways have at it.
    There were no changes to any encrypted files part of the preorder keys outside of the DB2s, which can all be traced back to hotfixes being baked in.

I am so glad you're gone soon.
    Don't worry, I'll still stick around the thread to point out glaring mistakes like that.

I mean I am not doing that and have never intended that. I don't know why everyone continuously thinks that everything I write isn't speculation when I am in the speculation thread but for some reason I have to restate that for the record that I am speculating in the speculation thread.
    You were saying "things were moving at rapid speed" after mentioning the builds, the added button and the MW2 preorder. That is an implication that those things are related to the pre-order in my interpretation of your post, but just like anyone reading and writing anything here, it's up for interpretation.

1+ Year Old Account
    Well you just said outside of the DB2s, so again congratulations you are being needlessly hostile as per usual.

Nihil.

Well you just said outside of the DB2s, so again congratulations you are being needlessly hostile as per usual.
    Only one being hostile is you. Chill the F out.

Yup, the DB2s that are encrypted with multiple keys for multiple things at the same time. You're free to diff them yourself and check whether or not every change in the encrypted DB2s can be linked back to a hotfix, but as far as I can see they can. Being direct/factual is often mistaken with being hostile, which never is the case or my intention, sorry if you feel it came over that way.

Ooooh, edgier than me. That's a rarity.

1+ Year Old Account
    I mean I also genuinely want to have a more positive outlook than "Nothing is happening until July". I am definitely more optimistic though than others.

Nihil.

I mean I also genuinely want to have a more positive outlook than "Nothing is happening until July". I am definitely more optimistic though than others.
    It'd be great if something noteworthy were to happen this month. The ol' news bucket is getting a bit dry. Even a bunch of dev blog posts or stuff like that would be very welcome. I still stand by the pre-order already being suspiciously late considering how long the data has been in the files for, don't have a working theory as to why, just feels off.

7+ Year Old Account
    It'd be great if something noteworthy were to happen this month. The ol' news bucket is getting a bit dry. Even a bunch of dev blog posts or stuff like that would be very welcome. I still stand by the pre-order already being suspiciously late considering how long the data has been in the files for, don't have a working theory as to why, just feels off.
    Yep, paired with Ion's original "soon, not TM" it feels like they have some unexpected issues with the alpha, hence the delay in pre-orders. But well, maybe we will get something new in a few hours *fingers crossed*

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yep, paired with Ion's original "soon, not TM" it feels like they have some unexpected issues with the alpha, hence the delay in pre-orders. But well, maybe we will get something new in a few hours *fingers crossed*
    I'm fine with perpetual delays and whatever, as long as they keep communicating. Blizzard tends to not do that and retreat to what appears to be some remote ocean island with barely any internet capability until they feel comfortable enough with progress to come to the mainland again. I'm hopeful that'll change after a new hire that I'm excited for, but even then it'll still depend on the devs to actually want to communicate or not. Granted, I've been hoping for better communication for years now so that might be a pipedream at this point.

1+ Year Old Account
    Again I will state that I am sorry for my little outburst there and I highly respect your work and personal decisions around said work. I just grew a bit too irritated and I lashed out, my bad Marlamin.

But yeah, I definitely agree that this preorder situation is really odd. I don't know what happened internally for it to go this way. Either they are extremely confident that when preorder hits it will hit hard (Announcement around an event?) or something just feels off, indeed.

I honestly have no clue though, I first thought about legal issues surrounding a Q1-Q2 release but apprently everyone and looking around laws and regulations don't really have any specific clause around preorder windows. So I'm just kind of lost in what is taking them so long beyond believing that they want the game to be in a good state before asking for preorders.

I don't know anymore, I'm kind of just wondering if the Preorders will be at Gamescom more and more for each passing week. The next two weeks are pretty big times for announcements but I mean after that I definitely feel that they may hit Gamescom?

But I also still sort of believe with all the weird things going on that something is going to show up relatively soon, so I definitely feel conflicted on what timeframe we're on.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-06-08 at 04:00 PM.

Nihil.

Yea, let's just call you Mr. Optimistic. You always are such a positive guy especially regarding Blizzard and WoW.
    Don't forget: today is Opposite Day.

Again I will state that I am sorry for my little outburst there and I respect your work and personal decisions around said work. I just grew a bit too irritated and I lashed out, my bad Marlamin.
    It's fine, don't worry about it. I've been around long enough to not get too upset over things like that. Sorry if my directness/hypesquashing came over as hostile, this happens more often than I'd like. I'd love to blame it on being Dutch, but at this point know it's just a personality trait born from an allergy to misinformation, to a fault.

But yeah, I definitely agree that this preorder situation is really odd. I don't know what happened internally for it to go this way. Either they are extremely confident that when preorder hits it will hit hard (Announcement around an event?) or something just feels off, inded.

I honestly have no clue though, I first thought about legal issues surrounding a Q1-Q2 release but apprently everyone and looking around laws and regulations don't really have any specific clause around preorder windows. So I'm just kind of lost in what is taking them so long beyond believing that they want the game to be in a good state before asking for preorders.
    I'm hopeful it's just the latter with them wanting it to be good and I'm also hopeful the reason they're not communicating a ton is because they're too busy to, but that also feels like bad priorities as they know how much the community values communication. Like, bring back the weekly "here's a screenshot from the upcoming expansion" thing they did a long time ago (TBC? WotLK?). Even that would probably go a long way.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin
    I'm hopeful it's just the latter with them wanting it to be good and I'm also hopeful the reason they're not communicating a ton is because they're too busy to, but that also feels like bad priorities as they know how much the community values communication. Like, bring back the weekly "here's a screenshot from the upcoming expansion" thing they did a long time ago (TBC? WotLK?). Even that would probably go a long way.
    Well, it seems that this is happening with this tweet: https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/1534302691693821952. Except in a blog format, but I mean that's neat I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Yea, let's just call you Mr. Optimistic. You always are such a positive guy especially regarding Blizzard and WoW.
    Don't forget: today is Opposite Day.
    I mean that's on January 25th. I be sure to keep that in mind, though.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with "hypesquashing" as this website -- and this thread in particular -- has overhyped many different things and different times... and those who have been apart of the hyping have actively attacked/ridiculed/generally bullied others for not believing it or going a long with it. This was evident in the months leading up to Dragonflight being announced.

But toxic positivity is also a thing.

Well, it seems that this is happening with this tweet: https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/1534302691693821952. Except in a blog format, but I mean that's neat I suppose.
    I believe that is Shadowmoon Valley (WoD), but while not exactly Dragonflight content it does look really good.