what a great day for america and therefore the world. *eagle screech* *gunshots in the distance*

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    yea.. that's not how a multinational company works.

Your office gets the day of whenever your country has a day off. Not whenever the headquarters has a day off. That's not how employment works.. at all.

Your logic:

France has (for example) April 5th day off. (just a random date)

Blizzard decides: "No bruh! you don't get a day off. Screw you, only with US holidays!"

- - - Updated - - -

You do realise there are european blizzard offices as well right? That get their own days off, and nobody cares. Nor does anyone care about the US except americans who go. "THE WHOLE WORLD IS SHUT DOWN! ITS INDEPENDANCE DAY OMG FIREWORKS PEWPEW BBQ!"
    Sorry it hurts that Blizzard isn’t working today. There’s always tomorrow. Have a wonderful 4th of July.

Please go outside guys.

It's major news, and they're not going to drop it in an automated post while no one's in the office. Same reason why they won't post it on a Sunday. It would be pushed to the next business day.

You do realise there are european blizzard offices as well right? That get their own days off, and nobody cares. Nor does anyone care about the US except americans who go. "THE WHOLE WORLD IS SHUT DOWN! ITS INDEPENDANCE DAY OMG FIREWORKS PEWPEW BBQ!"
    Development team is US based, and are off on the holiday. They're not going to hand off the post to CS and marketing staff in EU.

No, the whole world is not shut down. But also you're getting way too wound up over a US company headquartered in the US giving its US staff the day off for a US holiday. You realize you're coming off an awful lot like the caricature of a self centered and entitled american?

Chill, maybe have some barbeque and a beer or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    what a great day for america and therefore the world. *eagle screech* *gunshots in the distance*
    You forgot Jesus!

yea.. that's not how a multinational company works.

Your office gets the day of whenever your country has a day off. Not whenever the headquarters has a day off. That's not how employment works.. at all.

Your logic:

France has (for example) April 5th day off. (just a random date)

Blizzard decides: "No bruh! you don't get a day off. Screw you, only with US holidays!"
    Actually, yes. I would expect the French offices to be closed April 5th. If Blizzard were headquartered in France (and by extension its development and management having the day off) then I would not expect any major news announcements, let alone expect them to give them to the US offices to release. The US isn't the world, nor is France.
    Last edited by manypillars; 2022-07-04 at 02:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    From 1-10, how much are you triggered that Blizzard is on holiday with one of their most important holidays, and that we should not expect any big things today? sheeesh
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's just one day guys.

Formerly known as Arafal

hopefully tomorrow is the day. i am dying for datamined builds

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I don’t see them actually opening anything up today because actually doing that would likely require someone in the offices.

At most we’ll get a forum post saying “Oh hey Alpha later this week/next week” because forum posts can be set on a timer and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am sure maintenance crews will keep working or at least specific shifts will. The majority are probably out of office that day though. Sure you can time an announcement to release on its own but you still want to be there to respond if needed.
    Bank holidays and such are so much more meangingless these days, personally here in England I have worked all Bank holidays so far and we are not getting paid any extra or any extra days off for it, There are always shifts to cover holidays regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    From 1-10, how much are you triggered that Blizzard is on holiday with one of their most important holidays, and that we should not expect any big things today? sheeesh
    Blizzard is on holiday? Again.. No

Their US office has a day off. There are other countries in the world where they work. Damn the American arrogance that the whole world is celebrating their tea tossing.

It's adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I will happily stop this back and forth in its tracks. This happened on Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2021 last year. https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowl...-324822?page=2

Consume whatever thoughts you will from this.
    Veteran's day is not the same as Thanksgiving or 4th of July.

Definitely a day off for the devs. Some server technicians might be working but that's probably about it. They don't have a European office anymore so, we can safely bet nothing interesting comes out today.

Perhaps a scheduled Mog Monday tweet.

Their US office has a day off. There are other countries in the world where they work. Damn the American arrogance that the whole world is celebrating their tea tossing.

It's adorable.
    Blizzard, which is an American company, is off for holiday.

You are aware that most offices outside of the US ones are literally just Customer Service Reps or Server Engineers, not actual developers?

No one's saying that EVERYBODY working for Blizzard is off, just the part that people actually give a shit about.

7+ Year Old Account

It's adorable.
    So let's wait and see if they release/announce anything today, ok? If they will drop and maintain a sudden Alpha on PTR servers, which are located in USA, ok?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So let's wait and see if they release/announce anything today, ok? If they will drop and maintain a sudden Alpha on PTR servers, which are located in USA, ok?

Aah yes. That logic. "They didn't do anything today at all so America is the only that matters."

Nowhere did I disagree with nothing happening today. I only disagreed with the idiots who claimed that somehow the 4th of July has an impact on the world. Which it doesn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aah yes. That logic. "They didn't do anything today at all so America is the only that matters."

Nowhere did I disagree with nothing happening today. I only disagreed with the idiots who claimed that somehow the 4th of July has an impact on the world. Which it doesn't.
    On the world? No. On releasing an Alpha to PTR servers located in America by American company, run by Americans? Yes.

4th of July has an effect on a company that operates in the US.

Do you think there are any actual game-related staff at any of the offices outside of the US?

Take a look at what they are hiring. The non-US branches are only hiring for customer service positions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't about random holidays or nationalism - so let's return to the discussion back to speculation about WoW 9.x/10.0 and drop the unrelated arguments.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Don’t think anyone here claimed that. Just that it has an impact on the company that is based here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Don’t think anyone here claimed that. Just that it has an impact on the company that is based here in the US.
    We had several people claim that because Blizzard is a US based company, every office in the world of Blizzard is closed today. Which is factually untrue, labor laws completely prove that false.

But it's completely irrelevant. Anyone hoping for an alpha this week is just way to hopeful. So far this thread we have seen:

"This week guys for sure!"
    Friday rolls around
    "Next week guys for sure!"

This happens every alpha of every expansion. We simply have no clue what will happen when. Claiming that X has an influence on Y without even knowing what their base values are is absolutely useless. All we can do is wait and maybe sometime we can see the start of the alpha. But I personally don't expect it at least until August.
    Yes the pre order claims that "The release date is on or before 31-12-2022" but that has 0 legal basis, they might just release it later. And yes, people will scream it's a delay and a horrible business practice. But since a placeholder date (which 31-12 is) is not a confirmed date, you have nothing to be angry about.